PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called Amazon regarding my ZTD Watch Bonus LE order that has been in limbo, the first person who helped me had no idea what was going on, and kept pushing me to cancel and reorder the standard game to ship tomorrow, but then couldn't confirm that I would be getting a separate email for the watch.

I told him I would just talk to another Amazon rep, and he said another rep would tell me the same thing, so I told him I would contact Aksys and call back for another Amazon rep then . So he finally transferred me to someone higher up, and she was able to get my order actually shipped and confirmed that the game and the watch would be coming together. 

We'll see if I actually get the watch tomorrow, or if I still get screwed over for being patient.

I'm rather disappointed by how short it is comparing to the other two and how it ended. However, 999 will forever hold THE most special place in my heart/game collection as my favorite game ever played on any platforms.
I just platt'd it (I nowf have 2 plats!), and I can kind of see your point about the ending, though personally I think this is the only way for the "true end".

I never played 999 since I never had a DS/3DS, but I think ZTD is a lot better than VLR since VLR is just a setup for ZTD. ZTD characters are a lot more fleshed out imo.

I just platt'd it (I nowf have 2 plats!), and I can kind of see your point about the ending, though personally I think this is the only way for the "true end".

I never played 999 since I never had a DS/3DS, but I think ZTD is a lot better than VLR since VLR is just a setup for ZTD. ZTD characters are a lot more fleshed out imo.
I'd say VLR is another reason why ZTD is such a big disappointment - VLR left too many cliffhangers that ZTD couldnt explain or even mention.

As for character being fleshed out, go play 999, your mind will

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

And btw, judging by your PSN id, you from Beijing? lmao

I'd say VLR is another reason why ZTD is such a big disappointment - VLR left too many cliffhangers that ZTD couldnt explain or even mention.

As for character being fleshed out, go play 999, your mind will

And btw, judging by your PSN id, you from Beijing? lmao
But I already read the plot of 999, so no plan to play it...

I felt VLR was, at times, being coy for the sake of being coy, ZTD had no chance of linking/explaining everything. Plus the questions that 999 threw out in the open. Kind of like Lost, they threw so many mysteries that no way it could come together in the end. Given the limited time frame (of one game), I felt they did indeed try their best to tie it together. And in the end, it felt satisfying for me. I can definitely understand disappointment too though.

Is GS carrying CG2 any indication that others will carry it? I would buy it n a heartbeat if AMZ/BBY listed it.

I dont think GS had any info on exclusivity on their listing page.

How do you guys plat games? It seems like way too much work.

I've seen some guys that have tons of plats. Even the "easy" plats seem extremely time consuming.
It's not hard to plat/1k a game. It just depends on how much you like the game. Other then bugs/servers going offline there is not one game that is impossible to plat/1k. Most times plat/1k ing a game is easy as just playing the game, and exploring every where. For the most part all you really need is just a little extra time to plat/1k a game. I am not saying there aren't games like Gears of war, Star ocean 4, Disgaea 4 ect.... that have insane achievements/trophies. But for the most part it only takes a little exta time to plat or 1k a game.

But I already read the plot of 999, so no plan to play it...
I felt VLR was, at times, being coy for the sake of being coy, ZTD had no chance of linking/explaining everything. Plus the questions that 999 threw out in the open. Kind of like Lost, they threw so many mysteries that no way it could come together in the end. Given the limited time frame (of one game), I felt they did indeed try their best to tie it together. And in the end, it felt satisfying for me. I can definitely understand disappointment too though.
that's a shame that you read the plot b4 experiencing it firsthandedly... I understand the restrictions that this game has, but there are so many questions and the plot in this one just makes me scream wtf from time to time. I mean, a machine that copies bodies developed by some unknown aliens, really? uggghhh, i dont even wanna ask another question about this game anymore since I've been bitching about it on reddit after I finished the game. I guess I expected too much? I fully enjoyed the puzzles, but the story just doesn't make sense/didn't do a decent job to make the trilogy as whole.

probably.  I can't remember if the limit is two or three per account now.  it used to be five until sony and bamco caught on to the dlc sharing.

I have five systems tied to mine But I'm probably grandfathered in.

I've seen some guys that have tons of plats. Even the "easy" plats seem extremely time consuming.
I only have 2 plats, and they are from games where I just wanted to complete the game 100%, and the platinum came along for the ride.

Spending the time to specifically go after one, yeah, that's not my cup of tea, but if trophies/achievements had been around when I was my sons age, I would have tons. Life is just to busy to bother now.

How do you guys plat games? It seems like way too much work.
Have you ever played Walking Dead: Season 1? Just play the game and get a plat. Getting plats usually mean you've experienced everything the game offers. I'm sure before TooPoor knows it he'll have 10 plats and will catch trophy fever.

I have tons of plats, at first there wasn't much to play [1st yr ps3] so a plat kept me occupied till the next game, than i only plat games that we're either convenient or a game i really loved despite the grind.

probably. I can't remember if the limit is two or three per account now. it used to be five until sony and bamco caught on to the dlc sharing.

I have five systems tied to mine But I'm probably grandfathered in.
Thank you. Hmm. I'm going to need a more concrete answer before I get a second Vita, though. I've previously been told Vitas + PSTVs must = 3 or less but that wasn't for sure either.

that's a shame that you read the plot b4 experiencing it firsthandedly... I understand the restrictions that this game has, but there are so many questions and the plot in this one just makes me scream wtf from time to time. I mean, a machine that copies bodies developed by some unknown aliens, really? uggghhh, i dont even wanna ask another question about this game anymore since I've been bitching about it on reddit after I finished the game. I guess I expected too much? I fully enjoyed the puzzles, but the story just doesn't make sense/didn't do a decent job to make the trilogy as whole.
Yeah.. I feel bad for him. 999 was the best in the series IMO. I didn't mind ZTD's story though, I actually liked some parts of the story more than 999's, but the overall atmosphere in 999 and the cast of characters were superior to VLR/ZTD. It sucks that they decided to make an enhanced edition right after the third game came out, probably would've been better to do it the other way around. I think it'd be worth waiting to play the remastered version for the voice acting alone.

Have you ever played Walking Dead: Season 1? Just play the game and get a plat. Getting plats usually mean you've experienced everything the game offers. I'm sure before TooPoor knows it he'll have 10 plats and will catch trophy fever.
I have very strong self control!

Yeah, I have been exerting a lot of restraint to not trophy hunt. I always beat a game to the true ending, and move on to the next one. Most of the time I delete or sell the game to deprive me of the oppurtunity of trophy hunting. This is how I manage my backlog, and throughout the years I think I'm doing a decent job.

Finally got my watch today! Package was in great shape.

... but when I went to turn it on it would not turn on lol! So I took off the battery cover and put the battery back in. Now it only stays on for a few seconds lol. So I am going to get some cheap batteries next week at Wal-Mart and see if it's the battery. Otherwise the watch is a dud.

Also, the watch is very cheaply made. I think the Watches for $10 at Wal-Mart have better quality imho.

Either way, glad I ended up getting the game for $10 thanks to all the delays (1 month for the game, and just getting the watch today). So I guess i really can't complain.

j/k. I will complain to Amazon if the battery doesn't fix the problem.

So did you just spoil the game?

Finally got my watch today! Package was in great shape.

... but when I went to turn it on it would not turn on lol! So I took off the battery cover and put the battery back in. Now it only stays on for a few seconds lol. So I am going to get some cheap batteries next week at Wal-Mart and see if it's the battery. Otherwise the watch is a dud.

Also, the watch is very cheaply made. I think the Watches for $10 at Wal-Mart have better quality imho.

Either way, glad I ended up getting the game for $10 thanks to all the delays (1 month for the game, and just getting the watch today). So I guess i really can't complain.
I think the original watch was the best quality and looked the best, but these are FREE watches, so I didn't expect them to included a $5, 10 or 20 dollar watch.

I think the second watch was the cheapest feeling/looking one overall, and they probably made the most of those, so it's no wonder that one felt the cheapest.

Overall, for a free bonus item with purchase, these watches have all been pretty nice over all. For sure some of the best bonus items I've ever gotten.

I think the original watch was the best quality and looked the best, but these are FREE watches, so I didn't expect them to included a $5, 10 or 20 dollar watch.

I think the second watch was the cheapest feeling/looking one overall, and they probably made the most of those, so it's no wonder that one felt the cheapest.

Overall, for a free bonus item with purchase, these watches have all been pretty nice over all. For sure some of the best bonus items I've ever gotten.
the best one ive gotten is from miku x, that pouch for my junk, so comfy

I got my $600 watch in the mail today as well. I like that the case is sturdier than the VLR one, but the lack of any sort of markings on it is a bit disappointing.

I mean sure I know it's from ZTD, but I think it would look nicer with the logo or something on the case.

I'm not really a trophy guy either, at least I don't actually intend to platinum every game I play. If it's a game I really like I'll try, or maybe just go for some of the more challenging ones.

Right now after owning a Vita for a year and a half (don't have a PS3 or PS4), I still only have one Platinum, from Gravity Rush.

I have 3 platinums: Fallout 3, God of War 3, and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. I'm a trophy or two away from about 30 more but I always get burned out and stop.

I only go for a platinum trophy in a game if it's feasible to get and/or I love the game enough.

In the case of Dungeon Travelers II, that was purely out of love but that was a LOT of grinding to get that Plat.

The watch is a digital watch so of course it only stays on a few seconds. I'm a idiot, so Amazon doesn't have to worry about me asking for more $. Though I did have to take the battery out then put it back in lol

bread's done
Back