PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried, and when I am on PC, fully signed in w/ my PRO account, it shows free shipping. If AMZ/BBY does not list by the end of September, I will have to preorder from GS.
It's just weird they don't advertise that benefit on the reward site. Oh well, doesn't matter now that amazon has it.

Looks like it's all but confirmed that the reason for the delay was because they were idiots, and for some reason didn't stock all the other retailers until the game was already almost out, and then a light turned on in their brains that was like, "Wait, why aren't we stocking other retailers with this?", and swiftly scrambled to manufacture more to make up for the mistake.

Whoop CG2 Amazon!

Of course now this also means I'm just going to hold off until later on when it drops down a bit.

Still though, good to see it's actually being sold elsewhere now.

I do feel bad for everyone that paid for the standard edition from NISA though, and shipping on top of that.  Ick.

Looks like it's all but confirmed that the reason for the delay was because they were idiots, and for some reason didn't stock all the other retailers until the game was already almost out, and then a light turned on in their brains that was like, "Wait, why aren't we stocking other retailers with this?", and swiftly scrambled to manufacture more to make up for the mistake.

Whoop CG2 Amazon!

Of course now this also means I'm just going to hold off until later on when it drops down a bit.

Still though, good to see it's actually being sold elsewhere now.

I do feel bad for everyone that paid for the standard edition from NISA though, and shipping on top of that. Ick.
I'm calling them Monday to cancel my order. Not over paying for standard.

After getting my PsychoPass boxes crushed because Amazon thought it was a good idea to ship them on padded envelope I think I'll stick with NISA store.

Yeah they sent my Psycho Pass CE in a bubble mailer too, and of course it was damaged. I promptly spoke to a CS agent for a replacement. The new one came in a box with my ZTD watch thankfully. I'm really glad BB will carry Yomawari as I will cancel the Amazon order as soon as the BB one goes up.

I checked out the discription, and noticed that it will be coming with the color changing tumbler that was NISA store exclusive. I wonder if that is correct.

For those with BB gift cards to burn, Yomawari LE put up the listing. It's not active yet, so keep an eye on it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yomawari-night-alone-limited-edition-ps-vita/5580006.p?skuId=5580006

Pretty cool that BB is carrying a NISA LE. :D
Thanks for the link! I had already pre-ordered the regular edition, so I wouldn't have been watching for this. I'll switch over to the LE as soon as it's available.

As for Psycho Pass LE, I got super lucky. They shipped it in a bubble mailer, and then my mail person decided it'd be a fantastic idea to just shove the whole thing into my mailbox. I don't know how, but somehow the box is basically undamaged.

Also, I've been away from the forums for a while, the ZTD watches are shipping from Amazon? Anything special I need to do? I haven't gotten any notice from them yet.

For those with BB gift cards to burn, Yomawari LE put up the listing. It's not active yet, so keep an eye on it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yomawari-night-alone-limited-edition-ps-vita/5580006.p?skuId=5580006

Pretty cool that BB is carrying a NISA LE. :D
also if you want vita games and have bb credit better spend it fast.. I heard people talking that soon best buy will no longer deal wth vita games they get very few now look at cold steel 2.. just came out sept 6 and already gone and they wont restock

Also, I've been away from the forums for a while, the ZTD watches are shipping from Amazon? Anything special I need to do? I haven't gotten any notice from them yet.
Amazon should have sent you a link to use, which takes you directly to the $500 dollar bonus watch, and then at check out, you should have gotten $500 as a credit, along with a free shipping option. If you didn't get that, good luck to you, as Amazon's CS doesn't seem able to help much without it.

Then a few of us got watches from cancelled orders, and those where just "sent". No notification, or anything, and nothing to do to get it(just sent). I didn't know what it was until it arrived and I opened the box.

also if you want vita games and have bb credit better spend it fast.. I heard people talking that soon best buy will no longer deal wth vita games they get very few now look at cold steel 2.. just came out sept 6 and already gone and they wont restock
This is why I already preorder World of Final Fantasy Fate/Extella, and Shantae. Will also preorder Exist Archive as soon as it is up.

I got the the vita thumbstick caps from Heavy Arm and they are not what I expected. I thought they would be caps that make the thumbsticks higher and a bit bulkier. They are very cool though. They're more like shower caps that fit snuggly for your thumbsticks and two of the six are grippy. They don't obstruct the buttons or make movement awkward. All in all I'd say they are worth the $2. Just include them when ordering games from Heavy Arm as they don't adjust shipping just for that item alone.

Any deals on good grips or any recommendations for players with large hands. I was playing alundra yesterday and my hands felt super cramped after 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20160918_212915384_iOS.jpg

My copy of Criminal Girls 2 Party Favors LE came in...

I wouldn't say I'm surprised that its the Canadian version, being that I ordered it from a Canadian site and all, I would just say that I'm disappointed that a Canadian version exists for this LE.

Shouldn't complain though, glad I had a chance to buy it after it sold out on NIS' site.

My copy of Criminal Girls 2 Party Favors LE came in...

I wouldn't say I'm surprised that its the Canadian version, being that I ordered it from a Canadian site and all, I would just say that I'm disappointed that a Canadian version exists for this LE.

Shouldn't complain though, glad I had a chance to buy it after it sold out on NIS' site.
It's not.

Almost all NISA titles have dual language written on the box since they're NA releases.

And if it's the box art that's confusing you, that's actually a slipcover that goes over the actual box art that's shown on the site.

There was discussion about this in this thread, and to sum it up, NISA is starting to put slipcovers over their LE sets that has the details and descriptions of the game written on them, so when you take that slipcover off, it'll have the box that is just the art on it.

So just to be clear, you got the NA version, so no need to worry. ;D

Okay. I am getting paranoid because I read about vita memory cards failing... has this happen to anyone in this thread?

I was going to back up but when I downloaded content manager to my computer, they want me to update my vita firmware.

I want to keep my vita at a lower firmware.  Any ideas?

Okay. I am getting paranoid because I read about vita memory cards failing... has this happen to anyone in this thread?

I was going to back up but when I downloaded content manager to my computer, they want me to update my vita firmware.

I want to keep my vita at a lower firmware. Any ideas?
My 64gb card failed on me once, got somehow corrupted (couldn't add new games, system reported zero capacity for the card). But I reformatted it, and it's been fine since.

Neither of my two 32gb cards has had a problem (one is in a second Vita, one in my PSTV).

I now turn my primary Vita off when not in use (the one with the 64gb card), which may help.

OpenCMA is just a small patch for the official Content Manager, to prevent it from requiring an update and to let you use it offline.

QCMA is third party, but but many people swear by it.

I see.  Do a lot of people use this?  I have a 16 gb memory card and I barely use it.  However, I have several save files that are 60 hrs plus that I"m really worried about losing.

I see. Do a lot of people use this? I have a 16 gb memory card and I barely use it. However, I have several save files that are 60 hrs plus that I"m really worried about losing.
I'd back them up to pc first and then maybe put them on the 16gb card if you feel like being due diligent.

Ended up using QCMA.  Really nice program.  Got it off github, so I felt safer using it. 

Anyone ever use that program?

The only message that came up was "requested an update check, sending embedded xml file (version 0.00)" 

Anyone know what that means?

Yeah they sent my Psycho Pass CE in a bubble mailer too, and of course it was damaged. I promptly spoke to a CS agent for a replacement. The new one came in a box with my ZTD watch thankfully. I'm really glad BB will carry Yomawari as I will cancel the Amazon order as soon as the BB one goes up.

I checked out the discription, and noticed that it will be coming with the color changing tumbler that was NISA store exclusive. I wonder if that is correct.
GameStop used a a very thin cardboard box for mine which UPS crushed.

Ended up using QCMA. Really nice program. Got it off github, so I felt safer using it.

Anyone ever use that program?

The only message that came up was "requested an update check, sending embedded xml file (version 0.00)"

Anyone know what that means?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvfD5rnkTws

I got the the vita thumbstick caps from Heavy Arm and they are not what I expected. I thought they would be caps that make the thumbsticks higher and a bit bulkier. They are very cool though. They're more like shower caps that fit snuggly for your thumbsticks and two of the six are grippy. They don't obstruct the buttons or make movement awkward. All in all I'd say they are worth the $2. Just include them when ordering games from Heavy Arm as they don't adjust shipping just for that item alone.
Cheaper here if you buy two sets. They look like the same ones. http://www.ebay.com/itm/252520879075?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=551421634979&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$100 Vita sitting right at my WalMart ... sooooooooo tempting!  So on the Vita can I play any of my old PSX games I bought on the PS3/PSP?  I know you can play most of them on the PS TV...

$100 Vita sitting right at my WalMart ... sooooooooo tempting! So on the Vita can I play any of my old PSX games I bought on the PS3/PSP? I know you can play most of them on the PS TV...
Just to confirm, your Wal*Mart has a PS Vita on clearance for $100?

Just to confirm, your Wal*Mart has a PS Vita on clearance for $100?
Haven't looked around...is that not normal? lol Should I make a topic just for that? Or is that such a terrible deal you're making fun of me? haha But yes, not sure the model but there's a $100 vita on clearance (sticker on the box) and another vita in the back but didn't see a sticker visible.

$100 Vita sitting right at my WalMart ... sooooooooo tempting! So on the Vita can I play any of my old PSX games I bought on the PS3/PSP? I know you can play most of them on the PS TV...
Was just in a local WalMart and they still wanted $199 for the last Vita they had in stock. If it were to drop to $100, I'd pick it up just to have a non-3.60 firmware device to connect to the store with.

Was just in a local WalMart and they still wanted $199 for the last Vita they had in stock. If it were to drop to $100, I'd pick it up just to have a non-3.60 firmware device to connect to the store with.
I've seen people mentioning about firmware stuff...but really I haven't been keeping up with the Vita. Quick explanation? Or a link to one?

If it plays on the PSP, then it should work on the Vita though some PS1 & PSP games require a download to PS3 and then transfer to Vita.

If it plays the PSP, then it should work on the Vita though some PS1 & PSP games require a download to PS3 and then transfer to Vita.
That's basically what I thought...is there a list of games that require a transfer from PS3? I mean, if I bought it on PSP it should be good right? Mostly would want it for remote play and older games like FFVII.

You should have bought or scanned the Vita so we would have a SKU to look up to see if our walmarts have them for $100
If I had a $100 extra laying around haha... It is temping! Honestly though I didn't think much of it, my WalMart NEVER has the good deals.

That's basically what I thought...is there a list of games that require a transfer from PS3? I mean, if I bought it on PSP it should be good right? Mostly would want it for remote play and older games like FFVII.
Buying it with the PSP wouldn't make a difference to weather you can directly download it to a vita. It's more about if the game has been officially licensed for the Vita or not... if it is, you can, if it isn't you'll have to do the PS3 transfer. You'll also need a memory card for the vita... that's where costs tend to balloon. As for lists, there are many out there... google search it and you should find them all. Easier than that though is just to use the webstore and look up the games you want to play. If it can be directly downloaded to the Vita it'll have "Vita" listed with the systems it's licensed for... if not.. you'll most likely have to do the PS3 transfer.

$100 for a bare bones system without a memory card or packed in game voucher is a decent deal if it's still sealed... it's a great deal if it is a bundle and still sealed. If it was opened and returned... it's questionable because systems that are used could be hardware banned from PSN or have some issue that made the return necessary. Still, walmart is good about returns... so it wouldn't be a huge risk to get it.

Buying it with the PSP wouldn't make a difference to weather you can directly download it to a vita. It's more about if the game has been officially licensed for the Vita or not... if it is, you can, if it isn't you'll have to do the PS3 transfer. You'll also need a memory card for the vita... that's where costs tend to balloon. As for lists, there are many out there... google search it and you should find them all. Easier than that though is just to use the webstore and look up the games you want to play. If it can be directly downloaded to the Vita it'll have "Vita" listed with the systems it's licensed for... if not.. you'll most likely have to do the PS3 transfer.

$100 for a bare bones system without a memory card or packed in game voucher is a decent deal if it's still sealed... it's a great deal if it is a bundle and still sealed. If it was opened and returned... it's questionable because systems that are used could be hardware banned from PSN or have some issue that made the return necessary. Still, walmart is good about returns... so it wouldn't be a huge risk to get it.
Ah ok, yeah I was searching the same thing when I was considering getting one of the Cartwheel 50% off PS TV's... I shall just look there then.

It was definitely new, had the red clearance sticker on it/sealed. Don't think it was a bundle, really need to go back and look I guess, at least take a picture of it.

NISA responded quick to my request to cancel Criminal Girls 2. Switched my pre-order to Amazon.

Airship Q arrived in 2 weeks from an Amazon seller. Very nice for free shipping.

bread's done
Back