PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a mom & pop game shop that has Lego SW Force Awakens brand new for $20, has this game received a price drop? Not sure if I should wait or pick it up. 

I found a mom & pop game shop that has Lego SW Force Awakens brand new for $20, has this game received a price drop? Not sure if I should wait or pick it up.
It was $20 before GCU at Best Buy for one day over the summer. I believe that has been its lowest price so far.

Wanted to import Moreo Crystal from Play Asia but damn that $47 + $5 shipping is hard to swallow.

Any universal coupon codes? I hear there is a $3 off one that is universal and unlimited use?
They never did an english language release did they?

I remember being really disappointed.

They never did an english language release did they?

I remember being really disappointed.
No. But Vita games (w/ waifus) on shelf.

Also, still waiting on enlightenment from Play Asia Vets on the Play Asia universal code possibilities.

Square has told me that they stopped issuing them, but another CAG veteran has since then told me there is $3 universal unlimited use voucher code now.

No. But Vita games (w/ waifus) on shelf.

Also, still waiting on enlightenment from Play Asia Vets on the Play Asia universal code possibilities.

Square has told me that they stopped issuing them, but another CAG veteran has since then told me there is $3 universal unlimited use voucher code now.
I've used the code "gematsu" for $3 off. I used it about 2 weeks ago so I think that it should still be active.

I've used the code "gematsu" for $3 off. I used it about 2 weeks ago so I think that it should still be active.
I'm pretty sure I saw a video on censored gaming's channel the other day that has "censored" as a $3 coupon as well, though I've never tried to use it.

I'm pretty annoyed by Airship Q. I have no idea how to save the stupid game. I pressed start and save but after I restart, it never saves!! There is no instruction manual. Anyone who played this game, do you know how to save?
Press start and select "Save". It works for me. When I start the game up again I just select "Continue Game". Also, as with every Vita game, there is a digital manual, you can access it by pressing on the pink book "?" icon. I'm on version 1.02

One more thing, make sure you press Circle to save and not X. You should see a prompt letting you know that the game is being saved.

Press start and select "Save". It works for me. When I start the game up again I just select "Continue Game". Also, as with every Vita game, there is a digital manual, you can access it by pressing on the pink book "?" icon. I'm on version 1.02

One more thing, make sure you press Circle to save and not X. You should see a prompt letting you know that the game is being saved.
Yes, I figured it out! Thank you!

I would just like to confirm that code "gematsu" works for a $3 discount on Play-Asia.

I just ordered Dragon Quest Builders Alefgard o Fukkatsu Seyo (English) version for $41.99 with shipping.

As a Danganronpa fan, I felt the anime concluded the arc in a satisfactory fashion. Given the limited episodes, and the general ridiculousness of the story line from the games, the anime did an excellent job of linking, explaining and concluding. Of course, I might be biased because I love the series.

I played them on my Vita curled up in my bed eating matcha mochi ice cream. Can't imagine any other way to play it.

Finally broke down and picked up Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 vita for 30 dollars at the local walmart.  No idea if it's a good deal or not but I'm just tired of waiting for the price to drop.

Finally broke down and picked up Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 vita for 30 dollars at the local walmart. No idea if it's a good deal or not but I'm just tired of waiting for the price to drop.
Actually if it's new and sealed, it's worth around $50 give or take. I got a used copy recently for about 30, and those often go for $40, so it's a good buy for sure. I was never a fan of the "Vs" games, but this looks and plays awesome on the Vita.

I would just like to confirm that code "gematsu" works for a $3 discount on Play-Asia.
I just ordered Dragon Quest Builders Alefgard o Fukkatsu Seyo (English) version for $41.99 with shipping.
Well, looks like you got in under the wire because they don't seem to be taking any more preorders for the English vita version.

I knew I shouldn't have procrastinated.

Well, looks like you got in under the wire because they don't seem to be taking any more preorders for the English vita version.

heavy-arm is taking preorders. They are more expensive though. I also missed the preorder for playasia. But I'll just wait it out and see if they get it back in stock.

I posted this in the Target forum.  Picked up Energizer Power & Play PSP/Vita charger for $5.98.  DPCI 207 00 0214

South Windsor, CT location had several left.

heavy-arm is taking preorders. They are more expensive though. I also missed the preorder for playasia. But I'll just wait it out and see if they get it back in stock.
I grabbed DQ builders and SRW OG from them. I really don't like Play Asia so I'm trying out Heavy Arms.

I grabbed DQ builders and SRW OG from them. I really don't like Play Asia so I'm trying out Heavy Arms.
I've used them once and preferred it over playasia. I liked how the package would be delivered to my mailbox. Where with playasia you have to receive it from the mailman by hand or pick it up at the post office. But they charge like, 10 bucks for shipping where pa charges maybe 5.

I've used them once and preferred it over playasia. I liked how the package would be delivered to my mailbox. Where with playasia you have to receive it from the mailman by hand or pick it up at the post office. But they charge like, 10 bucks for shipping where pa charges maybe 5.
Steve at Heavy Arms literally responds to emails in seconds when time zones line up which is obviously not scale able for their operation but it's a nice touch too.

Yeah, PA is cheaper per 1 game, but Heavy Arm's $10, if for up to 5 games. For each added item at PA, it goes up and once a certain number is reached, "express" is required if you want it or not.

Don't get me wrong, PA still has it's place, but for these ASIA English releases, HA is my go to spot now. They restock titles all the time, and can be reached when needed. PA hardly ever restocks, and when they do, the add on extra cost, and their CS is abysmal at best.

Has anyone built a master list of ASIA English releases (specifically ones that aren't already available in Region 1 or 2)? It's getting hard to keep track of all the releases.

Just a heads up, Heavy-Arm posted on Twitter that he's down to 30 available copies for preordering Dragon Quest Builders for the Vita. I just got my order in myself yesterday (along with Deception IV). So grab that preorder ASAP if you want it early!

On the flip side, H-A tends to restock titles quite often, and Square-Enix has had no problem restocking things like FFX/X-2 for H-A. Perhaps this one will restock down the line if you can't get in on the preorders. I believe DQ:B will probably be a hot item for a bit, especially considering all the recent positive reviews.

Has anyone built a master list of ASIA English releases (specifically ones that aren't already available in Region 1 or 2)? It's getting hard to keep track of all the releases.
The best I've seen is over on The Vita Lounge forums (a pretty nifty Vita-centric site). This forum thread in particular has lots of helpful information about Asian-English releases and how to find them:

http://thevitalounge.net/forum/threads/english-asian-physical-releases.2198/

The first post is a list that a user has compiled of known Asian-English releases, although I believe there are a couple of titles missing from the list that haven't been updated.

I know my wallet sure wishes I'd never found CAG and the Vita Lounge...I love me some imports but there certainly aren't very many "deals" to be had for buying them...

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists Updated!:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors (10/11)
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (10/18)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (11/15)
Rabi-Ribi (4th Quarter)
Root Letter (10/28)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (11/1)
Shovel Knight (October)
Steins;Gate 0 (11/29)
SuperDimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls (10/18)
Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (10/11)
Volume (October)
World of Final Fantasy (10/25)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)
Yomawari: Night Alone (10/25)

- 2017 -
Akiba's Beat (1st Quarter)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (March)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (February)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Touhou: Genso Wanderer (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out the finalized cover art for World of Final Fantasy.:

world_of_final_fantasy.jpg

Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star Gets Limited Edition and New Trailer

2lie8ef.jpg

XSEED revealed that Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star will be receiving a limited edition when it releases in early 2017 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.

The “Noble Phantasm Edition” comes with:
  • 7.5 inch by 6.3 inch hardcover art book featuring over 100 pages of high-quality artwork from Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star
  • Pack of sixteen collectible 3” by 5” cards depicting each of the game’s Servants
  • 24 inch by 17 inch cloth poster
  • custom box.
  • This collector’s box with retail for $69.99 and will be available for both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita version.

Sexy artbook.....I will want that. Early 2017 eh? I thought places said November, but those were likely guesses. Only Xseed knows when it wants to release. Only thing it's missing is a soundtrack, which make me a bit sad, but it looks good.

Found a probably mis-priced FIFA 15 at GameStop. Was $6.99 used. I'm thinking they mixed it up with FIFA Soccer.

So what is the best resource to pick up the physical release of Dragon Quest Builders for the lowest price now? I see copies on Ebay, but most make no mention of English subtitles and those that do are on the salty side. Do they all come with English subtitles? Only certain pressings from certain countries? Could use some help. Thx much.

So what is the best resource to pick up the physical release of Dragon Quest Builders for the lowest price now? I see copies on Ebay, but most make no mention of English subtitles and those that do are on the salty side. Do they all come with English subtitles? Only certain pressings from certain countries? Could use some help. Thx much.
Try Heavy Arms like everyone else already said. It's the Asia release.

you want asian-english releases, most sellers clearly label it has english subs. if they don't say it has english, it probably doesn't. there is also a label on the back that says what languages it has.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/dragon-quest-builders-alefgard-fukkatsu-seyo-asia-import-english-sub-vita-p-24272.html?products_id=24272&currency=USD

http://www.yesasia.com/us/dragon-quest-builders-asian-english-version/1052883616-0-0-0-en/info.html

bread's done
Back