PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the notice too. I wonder if it's a delay just for the Asian physical release or a delay in Play-Asia getting their stock. I can see the digital versions launching on time, but who knows.

As far as PsVita Dragon Quest Builders "english" version.. It showed out of stock yesterday on Play-Asia & I was like damn. So emailed Heavy-Arm to see how much.. Before I paid Heavy-Arm I checked to see it was available again and I had an Email from Playasia for upcoming releases.. Clicked the link and abracadabra ordered it from Play-Asia to save $$..
Then totally forgot to add "gematsu" or any of the other codes to save some more cash.. Got anxious to have it and forgot
Wonder if I emailed Playasia they would let me add
the code even after I ordered..?

I got my preorder in a HeavyArms for DQB. Decided to bite the bullet and drop the playasia waiting game because their stock isn't reliable. Also have Digimon cyber sleuth on the way. Gonna preorder World of FF and Shantae soon as well.

Plus, if your package happens to get lost, it could take 2+ months before they decide to do anything due to "investigating"
Yeah, this is why I recommend not ordering anything from them to early, and use Paypal, so if your item doesn't arrive within 45 days, I'll be "investigating" my payment right back to my pocket, and they can then deal with Paypal. LOL

Can I really expect to get a CIB Vita from this? Also I tried to read their return policy but it said they haven't specified one. Is it the same as Amazon's regular return policy? I'm very tempted.

Square Enix announced today that there will be a Dungeon Trial Version demo of World of Final Fantasy in Japan for both the PS4 and the Vita.  The Demo will be out between October 17th and the 24th.  They have created a specific area for the demo, and it won't be in the actual game once it is released so there won't be any spoilers.  There will be a boss fight at the end of the demo, and finishing the demo will grant you the special Magitek Armor P (a police Magitek armor), which can then be used in the main game.  For those who still don't have a Japanese PSN account, you should create one if you are interested in this game.  Hopefully, there will be a similar demo for North America as well for all others who don't have (or want) a Japanese account.

Can I really expect to get a CIB Vita from this? Also I tried to read their return policy but it said they haven't specified one. Is it the same as Amazon's regular return policy? I'm very tempted.
It's listed as Good, so it SHOULD be complete, but YMMV with AWD. These are used systems, not dingers. If you're not satisfied with what shows up you can return it.

Square Enix announced today that there will be a Dungeon Trial Version demo of World of Final Fantasy in Japan for both the PS4 and the Vita. The Demo will be out between October 17th and the 24th. They have created a specific area for the demo, and it won't be in the actual game once it is released so there won't be any spoilers. There will be a boss fight at the end of the demo, and finishing the demo will grant you the special Magitek Armor P (a police Magitek armor), which can then be used in the main game. For those who still don't have a Japanese PSN account, you should create one if you are interested in this game. Hopefully, there will be a similar demo for North America as well for all others who don't have (or want) a Japanese account.
Really hope we get an NA demo. I need to figure out if I want to keep my preorder or use the cash for the ffxv ce.

I'm really hoping to find a Vita for under $100 before I go on vacation next month.

That Amazon one's all gone. Are there any other deals out there right now?

Man, if money wasn't so darned tight right now I would so order one to gift to the nephew I couldn't afford to buy one for last year. Did the Buy 2, Get 1 free through GameStop last year on Black Friday and gifted my niece and two oldest nephews Vitas, but the third oldest wasn't exactly thrilled with the PS TV... seeing as how he doesn't have his own TV, whoops.

Square Enix announced today that there will be a Dungeon Trial Version demo of World of Final Fantasy in Japan for both the PS4 and the Vita. The Demo will be out between October 17th and the 24th. They have created a specific area for the demo, and it won't be in the actual game once it is released so there won't be any spoilers. There will be a boss fight at the end of the demo, and finishing the demo will grant you the special Magitek Armor P (a police Magitek armor), which can then be used in the main game. For those who still don't have a Japanese PSN account, you should create one if you are interested in this game. Hopefully, there will be a similar demo for North America as well for all others who don't have (or want) a Japanese account.
Oh, hopefully they'll do something like this for us as well, or maybe that armor will simply be included in as a part of the "Day One Edition" DLC. Regardless, I finally got the game ordered through Best Buy this week.

Oh, hopefully they'll do something like this for us as well, or maybe that armor will simply be included in as a part of the "Day One Edition" DLC. Regardless, I finally got the game ordered through Best Buy this week.
I'm hopeful that by specifically targeting the FF6's fans with this special Terra Magitek armor, Square Enix is seriously thinking about giving us a remake version of FF6.

Managed to catch one of them this morning before backorder. Seemed like a good deal considering I already have a ton of vita games sitting in my digital library from sales and cross buy

Warning for those who bought the used slim from amazon. I had same day delivery and it just came. Plain white box with just power cord. Also, it isn't a slim; it's a used original fat model.  Thinking I'll just return mine. I would rather have a newer slim as a backup, not another old model like mine.

Warning for those who bought the used slim from amazon. I had same day delivery and it just came. Plain white box with just power cord. Also, it isn't a slim; it's a used original fat model. Thinking I'll just return mine. I would rather have a newer slim as a backup, not another old model like mine.
same day? goodness, where are these shipping from? anyways, while them seeming to be repackaged (does this mean its possibly a refurbished or that the original boxed just got utterly trashed?) I don't mind if its the old one, since I've been told people generally prefer the original screen, yeah? though the lack of a micro USB port for charging will be lamented, I'll just make sure to grab any and all charge cables that crop up on clearance racks for a while.

same day? goodness, where are these shipping from? anyways, while them seeming to be repackaged (does this mean its possibly a refurbished or that the original boxed just got utterly trashed?) I don't mind if its the old one, since I've been told people generally prefer the original screen, yeah? though the lack of a micro USB port for charging will be lamented, I'll just make sure to grab any and all charge cables that crop up on clearance racks for a while.
yeah amazon seems to be slipping lately especially with selling their stock off right away to resellers before anybody can buy it, ordered a ps move controller sold and shipped from amazon, two days later, its a refurbished controller, go to look on their website to see what happened, they sold all the new controllers and refurbished ones to their reseller the same day, had to send it back since those used are iffy, also if you buy and older vita, theirs an adapter for that model that changes the plug to a micro since i bought one awhile back importing it, pretty nice

I just got an interesting email from amazon 

Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors - Playstation Vita

Previous estimated arrival date:  October 11,2016

New estimated arrival date: October 11, 2016

So I guess this means i get it on the 11th?  

I just got an interesting email from amazon

Criminal Girls 2: fart Favors - Playstation Vita

Previous estimated arrival date: October 11,2016

New estimated arrival date: October 11, 2016

So I guess this means i get it on the 11th?
i wonder if

Criminal Girls 2 will be hard to find.. not sure to buy it or rent it

Since there seem to be some new Vita owners now (Welcome!), I thought I would post a link for a nice tempered glass screen protector that I recently purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Akwox-Tempered-Protective-PlayStation/dp/B01GYPAZOK/ref=pd_ybh_a_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A2217HWM163CDH8NZJG9

This is for the slim, although they do have a version for the phat as well.  I just recently got mine and applied it, I am very happy with it.  This is fairly cheap and is prime eligible, so you should get it fast.  I was worried when I first got it, because the packaging makes it look like it's for a cell phone, but it was exactly what I ordered.  These are 2 packs, btw.

I won't be going back to plastic protectors, these glass ones are awesome and easy to put on.  Just make sure to apply in a steamy bathroom.  Hope this helps someone out.  And no, I don't benefit from endorsing this in any way.  Just a happy user.

Since there seem to be some new Vita owners now (Welcome!), I thought I would post a link for a nice tempered glass screen protector that I recently purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Akwox-Tempered-Protective-PlayStation/dp/B01GYPAZOK/ref=pd_ybh_a_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A2217HWM163CDH8NZJG9

This is for the slim, although they do have a version for the phat as well. I just recently got mine and applied it, I am very happy with it. This is fairly cheap and is prime eligible, so you should get it fast. I was worried when I first got it, because the packaging makes it look like it's for a cell phone, but it was exactly what I ordered. These are 2 packs, btw.

I won't be going back to plastic protectors, these glass ones are awesome and easy to put on. Just make sure to apply in a steamy bathroom. Hope this helps someone out. And I benefit from endorsing this.
How much are they paying you?

So for those of you that have a Playstation 4 and a Vita, how do you decide which platform to purchase a game for?  

For World of Final Fantasy, I'm thinking Vita but this will be the first game I've had to make this choice with. I do have Project Diva X on Vita and it's available on both and I plan on purchasing the PS4 version at some point.

So for those of you that have a Playstation 4 and a Vita, how do you decide which platform to purchase a game for?

For World of Final Fantasy, I'm thinking Vita but this will be the first game I've had to make this choice with. I do have Project Diva X on Vita and it's available on both and I plan on purchasing the PS4 version at some point.
World of FF

PS4 handsdown; even just for the online aspect

l always go for the vita version since they're becoming harder to get, for the portability, and for playing in bed a bit before going to sleep. I will occasionally double dip and purchase a PS4 version of the same game if it's not pstv compatible and if I really enjoy the game.

Depends on if the game benefits from being played on a big screen or if the Vita version has performance issues. If the answer is no to both of those I go with Vita hands down.

bread's done
Back