PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Granted I am partial to virtually anything reminiscent of PSO, but I also like sci-fi themed games and this lady has good taste in sci-fi art. That said the least interesting aspect of her game to me was the character models which look like something ripped from one of the newer Star Fox titles and given a slight Buck O'Hare-esque makeover.
I was thinking the same about the character design. If it plays well, though, it could be fun, and the "rogue objective" concept is really interesting. On the fence about backing, but i'll be keeping an eye on it.

14670746_10154258618638143_1856803024749661754_n.jpg

Got my copy of World of Final Fantasy yesterday and on the back it says it may require 3GB of memory card space. Anyone know the reason for this? I don't have that much space available at the moment and I would like to play this soon.

Got my copy of World of Final Fantasy yesterday and on the back it says it may require 3GB of memory card space. Anyone know the reason for this? I don't have that much space available at the moment and I would like to play this soon.
i think that is the download.. maybe it was download only at the start and they changed it

at least i hope

i got my 28 buck one from dell coming today

I told myself if Amazon offered me another month of prime free that I'd probably go ahead and order World of FF. Well yesterday was the last day of my second free trial... today... "Try Prime Free" showed again when visiting Amazon... so I signed up again and am on month 3 of free Prime. I need to play the demo for World of FF. I've bought a few too many games lately and want to be sure it's for me.

My guess is DLC. I'm fairly positive the Japanese VO is an actual DLC.

I told myself if Amazon offered me another month of prime free that I'd probably go ahead and order World of FF. Well yesterday was the last day of my second free trial... today... "Try Prime Free" showed again when visiting Amazon... so I signed up again and am on month 3 of free Prime. I need to play the demo for World of FF. I've bought a few too many games lately and want to be sure it's for me.

My guess is DLC. I'm fairly positive the Japanese VO is an actual DLC.
i remember having 3 years of prime for free if i wanted it.. well wasnt really free but a bug.. had under student what allows you to buyprime for 4 years. had it one year and canceled. i could of go into my account placed and order with normal shipping and paid for shipping. went back in and change shipping speed to 2 days for free

i remember having 3 years of prime for free if i wanted it.. well wasnt really free but a bug.. had under student what allows you to buyprime for 4 years. had it one year and canceled. i could of go into my account placed and order with normal shipping and paid for shipping. went back in and change shipping speed to 2 days for free
Mine is just the free trial on repeat. I just cancel it before it runs out (on the site under prime settings) and then the day after it runs out I get the option to "Try Prime Free" again for a month. I may try to get all my Christmas shopping done with this third free trial.

It's an entire world of Final Fantasy. How many gigabytes of space does your world take up?

Don't be so judgemental of other worlds.

It's a big game for Vita, I expected it to be a large file, but 3GB is a lot for a physical copy. I'll have to make room for this and The Firefly Diary, which should be waiting for me after work.

It's a big game for Vita, I expected it to be a large file, but 3GB is a lot for a physical copy. I'll have to make room for this and The Firefly Diary, which should be waiting for me after work.
The Vita version of WoFF doesn't come with any voice data, so you'll have to download both English and Japanese VOs (which I suspect total close to 2-2.5GB), plus I think there's a 500MB day-one patch, though I'm not 100% sure on that.

I believe that the 3GB is for the optional voiceover patch, but I could be mistaken. My copy of the game won't even arrive for another day or two, thanks alot Best Buy. :wall:

In other news. Results for the Best R1 Physical Vita Game pollings so far.:

~ 2012 Quarters ~
1st: (Tie)
 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss
 - Unit 13
 ~ 2016 Quarters ~
1st: Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~
2nd: Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
3rd: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

2nd Quarter 2012 Poll is now live at.:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/74467731

The Vita version of WoFF doesn't come with any voice data, so you'll have to download both English and Japanese VOs (which I suspect total close to 2-2.5GB), plus I think there's a 500MB day-one patch, though I'm not 100% sure on that.
Ok well I hope that the voice overs are optional because I don't really need them it they are going to take up that much space. The day one patch I can work with that. I'm going to try and install the cart tonight and see what happens.

Ok well I hope that the voice overs are optional because I don't really need them it they are going to take up that much space. The day one patch I can work with that. I'm going to try and install the cart tonight and see what happens.
Yes, they're optional, but the voice packs are separate, so you could go with only one VO option if you'd prefer. I'm going with only the Japanese VOs.

Yes, they're optional, but the voice packs are separate, so you could go with only one VO option if you'd prefer. I'm going with only the Japanese VOs.
After playing the demo and hearing the English VO's I'll also be going with the Japanese VO's or no VO's.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Region 1 Checklist Updated!
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (November)
Rabi-Ribi (4th Quarter)
Root Letter (11/10)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (12/13)
Shovel Knight (Late November)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (November)
Steins;Gate 0 (11/29)
unknown title #4 from LRG (November)
Volume (11/4)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- 2017 -
Akiba's Beat (3/14)
Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea: Limited Edition (1/17)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (1/10)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (Mid-Year)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (February)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

Man looking at that list of releases really shows that LRG is keeping the Vita alive at this point, so many of those are LRG releases. 

- 2016 -
Rabi-Ribi (4th Quarter)
Root Letter (11/10)
Steins;Gate 0 (11/29)
Volume (11/4)

- 2017 -
Akiba's Beat (3/14)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)

- 2018 -

Root Letter is Nov 1

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/root-letter-launches-november-1-north-america-october-28-europe

I am pretty sure if they are taking preorders for Skullgirls next week, it is unlikely to get it print and ship in a month.

Man looking at that list of releases really shows that LRG is keeping the Vita alive at this point, so many of those are LRG releases.
Certainly, but it's not as if other developers and publishers are unable to produce games for the Vita, they've simply chosen to not support it showing they don't care about collecting money from people like me.

Breakdown of who is publishing what from the above listings.:

505 Games:
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA 2018)

Age-Soft (not confirmed):

Muv-Luv Trilogy (Mid-Year 2017)

FanGamer:

Gaijin Works:

Limited Run Games:

Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (4th Quarter)
Runner 3 (TBA)

The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Volume (11/4)

NISA:

PQube (Rice Digital):

Root Letter (11/10)
Steins;Gate 0 (11/29)

XSeed/Marvelous:

Akiba's Beat (3/14)

So yes, LRG is making the established publishers all look like a bunch of rank amateurs.

- 2016 -
Rabi-Ribi (4th Quarter)
Root Letter (11/10)
Steins;Gate 0 (11/29)
Volume (11/4)

- 2017 -
Akiba's Beat (3/14)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)

- 2018 -

I'd add Salt and Sanctuary in there for 2017. LRG confirmed on Twitter that they are doing a release (though not officially announced) as soon as the Vita version is ready.

I just hope they have the actual case for the games.
3ds cases aren't really bigger then vita cases, but they dumped nearly all of those in store. But I've never seen case-less vita games in store. I guess there's just so many more 3ds games being sold back in.

Paid full price and don't regret it. The music is quite good for what it is. Even though it's limited in scope it also will break your heart in reminding you how much power the Vita had when developers were directly targeting it for the lead sku and not just downscaling a port.
Yeah I played the game as my first persona game (I know I know I've got the others and I plan on playing them) and even I thought it was fantastic. Game is worth every penny. It's one of if not my favorite vita experience yet

Finally bit on Disco Fever Edition.  I know it's been cheaper with GCU, but I don't have that and I regret not getting it at $40 in the past.  Gamestop credit made it an easy buy.

That might be the only update you get. That is the package going to customs. It will get stuck there for a bit then it will be shipped to your address. You won't get any tracking for that part. If you call customs with that tracking number you have, they can tell you if it is still there or on its way.

When I get a package from heavyarm, I need to sign for it. If I am not here then it sits at the local post office. The first package I got from them had this happen. They were SUPPOSE to put a note on my door telling me to go pick it up and they never did. Luckily I called customs in the nick of time to find out to check my post office, and it was there. I had about 3 days left til it got shipped back lol.
All right, so this is the last update I've gotten

"2016-10-14 12:07MPC PMIH (KLIA), Item dispatched out ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS)"

I called my local post office today, the guy was a total rat, attitude and everything. But he eventually got to the point and said it landed in new york yesterday and it's not here yet.

Is that possible? Has it really taken like 12 days to get from malaysia to NY? Digimon only took maybe 7 days to arrive.

Holy cow, finally. I got the first Corpse Party during the last Halloween sale and have been waiting ever since for the sequel to go on sale again. Between this and Yomawari, I know what I'm playing this Halloween! (spoiler: probably Civ VI if I'm being honest...)

I just hope they have the actual case for the games.
I'll tell you either today or tomorrow when I get my order in of Ragnarok since I ordered it a few days ago. I ordered it when I did a figure order cuz I wanted to see if I bought more games from GameStop for vita if they had the cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some recent price drops at Gamestop that caught my eye:

Ragnarok Odyssey (USED) - $4.99

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/ragnarok-odyssey/102494

Touch My Katamari (USED) - $9.99

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/touch-my-katamari/98652

Persona Dancing All Night: Disco Fever Edition (NEW) - $35.97

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/persona-4-dancing-all-night-disco-fever-edition/122114
Here's the complete list of used Vita games price drops at Gamestop today.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1661988764

All right, so this is the last update I've gotten

"2016-10-14 12:07
MPC PMIH (KLIA), Item dispatched out ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS)"

I called my local post office today, the guy was a total rat, attitude and everything. But he eventually got to the point and said it landed in new york yesterday and it's not here yet.

Is that possible? Has it really taken like 12 days to get from malaysia to NY? Digimon only took maybe 7 days to arrive.
12 days is still in the acceptable about of time imo. It is most likely just stuck at customs. Most games I import are in and out real quick, but I have had the occasional one take forever. That is why I didn't think much about my first heavyarm package not showing up for about a month or so.

If you are worried give customs in NY a call. They should be able to tell you the status on it.

Quickly, does ANYONE know of a forwarding service that operates from Mexico to the US? 

I found a copy of Epic Mickey 2 (ESRB Rated) for $42 and I need to get it shipped :p

I wish WoFF had a LE for Vita, because I would've so thrown down on that now that I've played it a little, and liking it a lot, also, the cute meter is just overloading. :eek:

I was waiting for a decent discount on Shiren the Wanderer today on Amazon but the sale price is $30. Should I jump in at this price? Or is it expected to get lower later for a physical copy?

I started playing WoFF on my PS4 and have decided I don't want my day one vita copy. Anybody in here want it for $32 shipped? PM me if you do.

I was waiting for a decent discount on Shiren the Wanderer today on Amazon but the sale price is $30. Should I jump in at this price? Or is it expected to get lower later for a physical copy?
It may get lower, but it also may not get lower. It's an excellent game so if you are interested I recommend jumping on it while you can.

bread's done
Back