PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot about that Rogue Raiders game; it does look interesting. But how long has it been going, that it hasn't even met a quarter of its goal?
That is exactly what I have been thinking. I don't normally participate in kickstarters but if I were to fund a kickstarter vita game, this would be one of them. Not sure why it isn't catching on.....

On PRO day I tried to find a complete copy of OP: Unlimited World Red at GS just to burn some credit, but couldn't. BBY does not list the game anymore, neither does AMZ first party. Is it becoming difficult now? Never looked into OP games before since I don't watch the anime.

On PRO day I tried to find a complete copy of OP: Unlimited World Red at GS just to burn some credit, but couldn't. BBY does not list the game anymore, neither does AMZ first party. Is it becoming difficult now? Never looked into OP games before since I don't watch the anime.
The Vita version was Gamestop exclusive. Even if it is not, a 2 years old game would be sold out on best buy and amazon by now.

The Vita version was Gamestop exclusive. Even if it is not, a 2 years old game would be sold out on best buy and amazon by now.
Ah, thanks, that makes sense, will keep an eye out at GS during BG21 this BF. Only doing this because I don't have anything else to buy at GS.

How easily does the new vita screen scratch?  I don't want to put a protector on it...but if it gets damaged easily I might as well...my 2000 has the hori plastic screen protector which is nice but a PITA to get on.

Trying to justify spending on a screen protector when the console only costed $55.

How easily does the new vita screen scratch? I don't want to put a protector on it...but if it gets damaged easily I might as well...my 2000 has the hori plastic screen protector which is nice but a PITA to get on.

Trying to justify spending on a screen protector when the console only costed $55.
Honestly, I can't say, as I don't use my devices before I install a screen protector. I don't care how well someone treats a device, if there is dust on it, and it gets wiped away, it can cause a scratch, period. I recommend 100% time.

Just checked my mail and my copy of Shovel Knight was there waiting. I'm really impressed with how Fangamer handled this. Not only was the shipping info accurate for when it was sent but the game was packaged in an actual box made from a single piece of cardboard designed to perfectly fit vita games. LRG should take notes, this is how you ship a collectors item game. I had never ordered from fangamer before but what a way to make a first impression.
Mine wasn't and I ordered 2 copies.

It seems if you ordered more than one copy of shovel knight it comes in a blue bubble mailer. Based on what I've seen on twitter. I ordered only one copy and it came in a nicely fitted box for it.

My single copy of Shovel Knight was in that special little cardboard box.  I would like LRG to do that, especially since we are being charged over $5 now.

Any recommendations on where I can get a refurbished or used vita. I thought I bookmarked a link where it was $109 but I can no longer find it.

Are there any places to take advantage of on BF for some Vita (game) deals? It's looking like Amazon only for getting actual deals :\
Vita is dead mainstream and mainly only getting releases on Amazon and Gamestop and Limited Run Games and such. Pretty much if it's Iffy it will likely go down in price. But yeah other than the buy 2 get 1 free used Gamestop, I doubt we see much other than maybe a few random Amazon lightning deals.

So apparently someone got a Vita on Clearance at Target. 

https://twitter.com/GUN8LADE/status/797917174589374464

What is the DPCI?

It is 207-19-1000

Also of course the weekend I stop checking it drops. There was one near me but I had been waiting. Now it's gone :(

I saw a Vita TV on clearance at target, but it was around $65. It was the controller bundle, but that is still more than I ever paid for a PS TV. I was able to get in on the Walmart clearance where that same bundle was going for $30. I wouldn't mind gettin a regular Vita on clearance, but I won't hold my breath, as the stock has been extremely limited for quite some time.

My Target doesn't even do clearance.

They just put it in the clearance section, but everything is full price when you have them check the price, LOL.

Tricky bastards... ~_~

What is the DPCI?

It is 207-19-1000

Also of course the weekend I stop checking it drops. There was one near me but I had been waiting. Now it's gone :(
I checked the targets within range... and of all the stores there is one about 66 miles away that has one, but none of the other stores have any.

I had to drive 30min one way to get the last 2 at mine. They had some pstv bundles too...tho they were marked $100. Was able to return and rebuy for~$60 at closer targets.

Keep an eye on eBay or CL for cheap new ones if you aren't able to get one In store

So target close to me had 1 vita left in stock and when i went today it was not in the glass case.
I told the guy working I was looking for the last one they had and he ask if I was the one that called in.
I was like hell ya i called and got it for 60.00 :) I almost felt bad for the guy that really did call in lol

So target close to me had 1 vita left in stock and when i went today it was not in the glass case.
I told the guy working I was looking for the last one they had and he ask if I was the one that called in.
I was like hell ya i called and got it for 60.00 :) I almost felt bad for the guy that really did call in lol
Asshole. I will find you and I will kill you."Liam Neeson voice"

congratulations, you're an asshole! :applause:

lol I am not an ass. some guys been calling in and taking all the major game clearance items. when i went for the ps3 he had all 9 on hold for him.
I do not like major scalpers who take everything for a profit.
I.M.O. I think these clearance items should go to people who cant afford retail prices or gamers who want a backup system for when they die.

lol I am not an ass. some guys been calling in and taking all the major game clearance items. when i went for the ps3 he had all 9 on hold for him.
That adds a lot of perspective. In that situation, I'd feel a little bad about it but would surely do the same thing. It sucks that so many people are into flipping that it makes getting these deals so terribly hard for people that just want one or want an extra as backup.

Not that Target was a big Vita supplier in the last year... but it is kind of a sad day to see a retailer liquidating the systems. It makes it seem like the game supply for Vita is next to go. I wonder how long we have until production of vita carts is over. Next year by this time it's possible the only option left for new handheld games will be the Switch.

It's a guess. I feel the Vita will get sidelined next year....and same with the 3DS stuff...though Monster Hunter will keep it going a bit longer. We have to enjoy it, but yeah honestly things look slightly halting in general. Will wait and see and hopefully something other than dungeon crawlers come out for the Vita. I like that genre but it does get old and a lot of games recently have been dungeon crawlers.

Next year by this time it's possible the only option left for new handheld games will be the Switch.
I feel like the opposite is going to happen. I mean yeah, maybe in the short term what you say is correct, but in the long run I think the Switch's success will reinvigorate the handheld market.

I feel like the opposite is going to happen. I mean yeah, maybe in the short term what you say is correct, but in the long run I think the Switch's success will reinvigorate the handheld market.
The problem is, Nintendo has been the only company making really great money with handheld systems. So many have tried to build off of Nintendo's success in this sector and failed. Couple this with Nintendo doubling down and this also being a console will make anyone second guess trying to compete since they have their own Consoles that they wouldn't want to directly compete against themselves. It's kind of a brilliant move on Nintendo's part.

Lightning deal early tomorrow morning on Ass Creed Chronicles for the Vita.  4:40AM central time for Prime, 30 minutes later for everyone else.  I doubt it will be worth staying up late or getting up early for.

Lightning deal early tomorrow morning on Ass Creed Chronicles for the Vita. 4:40AM central time for Prime, 30 minutes later for everyone else. I doubt it will be worth staying up late or getting up early for.
I saw that and thought to myself... thanks Amazon. :| 2:40 a.m. for me. As you said, it won't be worth staying up or waking up for.

How easily does the new vita screen scratch? I don't want to put a protector on it...but if it gets damaged easily I might as well...my 2000 has the hori plastic screen protector which is nice but a PITA to get on.

There were also Vita skins and screen protectors on clearance at Target for awhile. I picked up a blue skin and a screen protector for under $8.

Don't remember them off the top of my head, but the DPCIs were posted in the Target Clearance Thread some time ago, I believe. Might still be some near you, assuming your Target store hasn't been converted yet.

Before I put this in a trade thread here or anywhere else, if any of you are interested in a new sealed English language version of DQB for Vita I'm selling mine for $38 shipped. Decided I'm going to start downsizing some different collections, thought I'd offer it up if anyone is interested. PM me if so.

bread's done
Back