PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
that and for us we like to find games cheap which is uncommon for digital games outside indies.
?

On PSN I've gotten a boatload of the top Vita games for CHEAP prices. The games I got were typically 1/2 or more off of the cheapest price for a complete physical copy. Indies, wait and they are free on PS+ like a lot of the LRG lineup has been, but yes they do tend to eventually get a really good sale unless the dev has something really good and wants to hold out with rare sales (like Axiom Verge was quite the wait).

Is the Operation Babel LE exclusive to the NIS store? I thought I'd wait to see if it'd pop up on Amazon but I haven't seen anything. If it was going to be on Amazon would it have been listed by now? What about God Wars / Rose Twilight? Might as well order one of those with it because I'll be damned if I pay for shipping ordering from them again.
Pretty sure Rose in the Twilight is 100% Nisa store exclusive (CE and Standard). I forget where I saw it say that.. twitter maybe. I needed to call to swap out a stuffed Prinny filler to the standard edition of Rose, so I asked the guy on the phone which standard editions were going to be exclusive to the Nisa store. He said the only one he knew of being exclusive was Rose in the Twilight. Obviously, he could have been wrong, but at 20 bucks it made a perfect filler for free shipping. Unlike a lot of other store, they actually sill give you the free shipping if you are a few cents under the 75 mark lol.

Found a used copy of Disgaea 4. I assume there were no inserts in this release, like most Vita games. Can someone confirm?
Seems that way, I've had two copies in my possession at one point, neither they nor copies I've seen in Ebay listings included any insert. This is pretty typical of the early third party releases really.

Anyone know if MMA Supremacy on the Vita had any inserts? that game is sorta rare isnt it? Just saw a copy at used at gamestop that had the original case.

I would pick up that game if I were you.
I agree, even if it came with an insert, you'll never find it complete for what GS has it for used, so I say BUY ASAP!

Even if you find it with an insert later(if it even had one), you can sale this copy to cover the cost, as it is one of the rarer Vita games.

I traded off a factory sealed game to a fellow CAG last year for a cart-only copy of MMA in a generic GameStop case last year. Game isn't technically rare, but it does give the impression of being stupid rare because it was a R1 exclusive, so it's one of the hot titles that our foreign collector counterparts are always on the lookout for. Just us R1 gamer's getting a taste of the agony that JP collector's frequently are faced with. :wall:

I agree, even if it came with an insert, you'll never find it complete for what GS has it for used, so I say BUY ASAP!

Even if you find it with an insert later(if it even had one), you can sale this copy to cover the cost, as it is one of the rarer Vita games.
Damn and I had traded 2 of them complete to Amazon before when GS had them for like $8.

?

On PSN I've gotten a boatload of the top Vita games for CHEAP prices. The games I got were typically 1/2 or more off of the cheapest price for a complete physical copy. Indies, wait and they are free on PS+ like a lot of the LRG lineup has been, but yes they do tend to eventually get a really good sale unless the dev has something really good and wants to hold out with rare sales (like Axiom Verge was quite the wait).
not all vita games go on sale on psn or get released at all outside japan. Of the games that go on sale typically the prices are half what they cost to buy new and at the lowest hit the 10-15$ range. good prices on vita stuff is bad in general though due to its situation. better time to buy the games would of been two three years ago when people were unloading them.

There are vita titles that have gone cheap physically. p4g, conception 2, hyper devotion noire, tales of hearts, ffx/x2, freedom wars, zero escape #2. of course they went as cheap or cheaper digitally for a few of those.

ignoring that the vitas situation is completely different than every other system since others games are still carried by retailers both brick and mortar and online. regardless digital only future would be a negative since the only pro is saving a little space. far too many cons. especially since internet access and psn isn't up to it.

I just wrote an analogy of sorts for a post on another forum in response to some dimwit accusing physical game buyer's of all being "autistic", and thought I'd share it here.

What Sony, Microsoft, and Steam do isn't "sell" you a copy of a game digitally, they are granting you access (effectively an indefinite rental) until such time that they close their distribution service, or your account is closed/banned, or they or the publisher/rights holder choose to revoke further access to a game.

To put a description of PSN, XBL, Google Play, Apple Play, and Steam into layman's terms, they would be like a friend that you borrow a game from. You really like said game and try hanging onto it hoping the friend will forget about that game, but somewhere in the back of your mind you know the day will come when the friend demands the game be returned and he's going to stop ever letting you borrow his stuff again.

Disgaea 4 is out of print so hard in America to the point none of the reps at NISA knew it was when I spoke to them at AX. Only place to pick up new that I know of is VGP.

They had a reprint recently. I remember driving miles out of the way to find a used copy and now it's everywhere.

They had a reprint recently. I remember driving miles out of the way to find a used copy and now it's everywhere.
If I recall correctly back in the summer there was a bit of surge in the quantity of copies available, but more likely that was NISA off-loading the final units of copies from their own warehouses, not a reprint. NISA themselves and Fry's Electronics have de-listed the game, and GameStop has de-listed new copies. Cheapest that a new, factory sealed, copy is being offered for at present moment is from third-party sellers through Amazon at $36.49. GameStop is offering used copies at $29.99 (or $26.99 with PUR), which is only $5 less than they had used copies priced one year ago.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00M9EZMN0/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

GameStop:http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/disgaea-4-a-promise-revisited/113898

For PlayStation TV owners who purchase digital games, here is a list copied from Reddit of PSN downloads that don't require much space on Vita memory cards that are also PSTV compatible (I'd like to give credit to Reddit member Skyrunner 65 for providing the list):

• Luftrausers (61MB) (Vita)
  • Retro City Rampage (62MB) (Vita)
  • Spelunky (116MB) (Vita)
  • Steamworld Dig (82MB) (Vita)
  • VVVVVV (58MB) (Vita)
  • Towerfall Ascension (90MB) (Vita) (Expansion Available)
  • SwapQuest (78 MB) (Vita)
  • The Quiet Collection (101 MB) (Vita)
  • Velocibox (67 MB) (Vita)
  • We Are Doomed (29 MB) (Vita)
  • Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions (72 MB) (Vita)
  • Retro City Rampage DX (15MB) (Vita)
  • Super Blackout (71 MB) (Vita)
  • Super Star Wars (41 MB) (Vita)
  • Baseball Riot (28 MB) (Vita)
  • Exile's End (99 MB) (Vita)
  • Nidhogg (161MB) (Vita)
  • Minecraft (157MB) (Vita)
  • Metal Slug X (70MB) (PSone)
  • The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (133MB) (PSOne)
  • Street Fighter Alpha (80MB) (PSOne)
  • Twisted Metal (72MB) (PSOne)
  • Final Fantasy Origins (118MB) (PSOne)
  • Tomba! (163MB) (PSOne)
  • Angus Hates Aliens (33 MB) (PS Mini)
  • flOw PSP (90 MB) (PSP)
  • Super Stardust Portable (74 MB) (PSP)

For PlayStation TV owners who purchase digital games, here is a list copied from Reddit of PSN downloads that don't require much space on Vita memory cards that are also PSTV compatible (I'd like to give credit to Reddit member Skyrunner 65 for providing the list):

• Baseball Riot (28 MB) (Vita)
But no "Tennis in the Face"?

But no "Tennis in the Face"?
I think that the Reddit poster looked at his own Vita download list to compile the list, so it probably only consists of games that he personally owns. But, feel free to mention any smaller titles that you might know of. I also wouldn't mind it if the mod in charge of the Vita thread added it to the first page for reference since real estate on Vita memory cards is a premium since the cards cost so much.

I just wanted to take the time and share the Vita Imports I managed to get. Not as much as Square's but good enough for me.

The Asian Titles: Digimon Cyber Sleuth, A.W Phoenix Festa, Oreshika, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Deemo, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment, and Moe Chronicle has English.

New Little King's Story and Space Hulk are European Releases.

Mobile Suit Gundam Battle SEED Destiny and IA/VT are English friendly, mainly meaning it's easy to play without knowledge of the language. 

I just wanted to take the time and share the Vita Imports I managed to get. Not as much as Square's but good enough for me.

Is there anywhere else besides here that has a list of English subtitled/option available Vita games, not released physically in North America?

Let me know if you think A.W. Phoenix Festa is worth the import when you get to play it, if you could. Might let that game tag along my next batch of imports, which I can only afford to do once per year.

The Asian Titles: Digimon Cyber Sleuth, A.W Phoenix Festa, Oreshika, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Deemo, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment, and Moe Chronicle has English.

New Little King's Story and Space Hulk are European Releases.

Mobile Suit Gundam Battle SEED Destiny and IA/VT are English friendly, mainly meaning it's easy to play without knowledge of the language.
New Little King Story was my Vita English language physical carts imports gateway drug. Now I'm ordering import shit all the time.

Off the top of my head I've picked up:
New Little King Story
Minecraft
Space Hulk
Digimon Story
Gundam Breaker 3
DoA Xtreme 3
God Eater 2
Gundam Extreme Vs
Ratchet and Clank
Civilization Revolution 2

And there's still a few I want to pick up as well like Epic Mickey (which I came close to ordering at one point and then stupidly put off now to see it's out of print), Little Big Planet Marvel, Invizimals Alliance, and probably a bunch others I don't really need.

Went to a semi local Gamestop that I frequent maybe once a month yesterday looking for Vita games and the whole rack had vanished. I asked the employee there where they were and he said they had sold off their store stock and were not accepting them as trade anymore. Don't know if it is true or he is full of shit since Gamestop employees don't know jack most of the time.

Went to a semi local Gamestop that I frequent maybe once a month yesterday looking for Vita games and the whole rack had vanished. I asked the employee there where they were and he said they had sold off their store stock and were not accepting them as trade anymore. Don't know if it is true or he is full of shit since Gamestop employees don't know jack most of the time.
Some of the gamestops i visit have a Vita section, some don't.

The one I visit often at the local mall sells Vita games, but they don't have them out on display on the floor anymore, they said it takes up space that is wasted on advertising vita. Its all kept behind the counter in the drawers. You have to ask for stuff specifically I guess.

i have 3 gamestops in surrounding area, 2 still have small area for vita on the floor. one has no vita in the store. They told me that they are no longer selling vita games.

Some of the gamestops i visit have a Vita section, some don't.

The one I visit often at the local mall sells Vita games, but they don't have them out on display on the floor anymore, they said it takes up space that is wasted on advertising vita. Its all kept behind the counter in the drawers. You have to ask for stuff specifically I guess.
It's a dark day for the Vita at Gamestop since most of my BM purchases of the Vita was only at Gamestop. Hope the ones in my area don't fall victim to this

I traded in Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Vita) earlier tonight with no problems, so that doesn't apply to all stores.

I haven't checked my stores in the last 20 days or so, but they all had Vita sections then in the same one side of a wire rack.  It wouldn't surprise me if they dropped the console simply because it's never been a huge seller for them and Sony themselves have pretty much silently dropped it.

our gamestop has always been one end cap of a wire cage thing  for the vita games.... they even gut new copies of games    even the LE.. asked about a  LE  saw they had one new  told  i would only get the game they tossed the LE stuff in the  trash

I'm fine with buying a new one off of like Amazon or eBay but they all hover at $200. I have serious regret on not getting one off eBay for $120 a little less than a year ago (I think). I'm contemplating getting one from GameStop since I have a bunch of points but I really wanted a CIB Vita.

Honestly, I don't really have that many games on my Vita radar I want to play. I mainly want to play PS1 games (Final Fantasy) on a portable device that isn't my phone.
I got one on Amazon last week for about $205. There was no tax, which was great, but the memory card almost killed it for me. I spent $45 on a 16gb, mostly because I didn't want to spend $100 on a 64gb, even though that was probably the smarter option.

I don't really know what to do with it though. I played Hitman Go, like I wanted, but Remote Play is not as good as I expected, and I still have a terribly long backlog on PS4 and 3DS.

I got one on Amazon last week for about $205. There was no tax, which was great, but the memory card almost killed it for me. I spent $45 on a 16gb, mostly because I didn't want to spend $100 on a 64gb, even though that was probably the smarter option.

I don't really know what to do with it though. I played Hitman Go, like I wanted, but Remote Play is not as good as I expected, and I still have a terribly long backlog on PS4 and 3DS.
What is wrong with your remote play? I completed MGSV and play Destiny all the time with wireless tether and a home fios connection virtually lag free. I can even play PvP in games and do fine.

What is wrong with your remote play? I completed MGSV and play Destiny all the time with wireless tether and a home fios connection virtually lag free. I can even play PvP in games and do fine.
It's not so much that something is wrong, it just doesn't work as well as I initially expected. I was expecting the video quality to be better than 540p, and despite getting a L2/R2 and L3/R3 grip that works super well, some games that I've tried don't support it, or read the back touch as 4 separate "buttons", so it makes it seem like I spent more than I should have overall.

our gamestop has always been one end cap of a wire cage thing for the vita games.... they even gut new copies of games even the LE.. asked about a LE saw they had one new told i would only get the game they tossed the LE stuff in the trash
Yep, that's typical GameStop. This is why I hate to pre-order any L.E. version of a game from them to pick up locally, because everytime I did they'd open it even though I'd pre-paid for it! GameStop would rather have more space for Jar-Jar Binks bath towels and C-3PO coasters than space for Vita games and accessories. Thankfully all of my area GameSlop stores still have at least the wire-frame end cap section you described, and one even has a whole side on one of those free-standing shelving units dedicated to the Vita.

With the financial issues GameStop is destined for over the ThinkGeek.com buyout flop they'd do well to reverse the present course, cut their losses, and return to just selling systems, games, and accessories... not that I actually care to ever see GameStop succeed. In reality this is just GameStop reaping its' just rewards (karma as it were) for two decades of hostile takeovers, employee mistreatment, and merchandise abuse.

The "Best R1 Physical Game of the Lustrum" poll on the GameFAQs Vita Message Board will end in just ten hours! This will conclude the twenty-eight poll series I started and have been running there since October of last year. If you have a GameFAQs member account and would like to participate in the voting this is literally your final chance to do so!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/74823341

Games in the running for title "Game of the Lustrum" are the Region 1 games voted, by the GameFAQs Vita Board, "Game of the Year" for each of the Vita's first five years.:

• (2012) Persona 4: Golden
  • (2013) Ys: Memories of Celceta
  • (2014) Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
  • (2015) The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
  • (2016) SuperDimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls

Yeah, what kind of losers talk about videogames all day?

<_<

>_>

Oh...
66699864.jpg

I'm fine with buying a new one off of like Amazon or eBay but they all hover at $200. I have serious regret on not getting one off eBay for $120 a little less than a year ago (I think). I'm contemplating getting one from GameStop since I have a bunch of points but I really wanted a CIB Vita.

Honestly, I don't really have that many games on my Vita radar I want to play. I mainly want to play PS1 games (Final Fantasy) on a portable device that isn't my phone.
Consider getting a PSP Go, one of the best design for a portable system and does a fine job with PS1 games

Anybody need a $5 off $60 Play-Asia coupon?
Yes please! I was actually looking at Play-Asia earlier today looking to order a couple things.. but then I got busy with work and completely forgot. looks to be a good thing that I did if you still have it!

bread's done
Back