PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
gamefly has keep it for 19.99

and at least for me it shows VERY LOW chance in even renting it...

restarted gamefly today and not a shock but they sent me nothing lol

seems they sent

Gal Gun: Double Peace still got another slot open
Alright thanks. Definitely wanted to give it a shot and hope for the best but it looks like I missed my chance.

VA-11 HALL-A almost complete for the Vita.

https://twitter.com/Ouren/status/832412868532400128

It looks like that and Salt and Sanctuary will release around the same time. March?

It's about damn time, been waiting on this one.
I was anxiously waiting for it, but decided to play on PC one day since it got amazing reviews.....and I didn't like it that much. Let me also say that I am not really into visual novels though. For those of you who played it, how does the story compare to other visual novels on the Vita? I have some other visual novels on the Vita and want to try one out where the story is griping.

I was anxiously waiting for it, but decided to play on PC one day since it got amazing reviews.....and I didn't like it that much. Let me also say that I am not really into visual novels though. For those of you who played it, how does the story compare to other visual novels on the Vita? I have some other visual novels on the Vita and want to try one out where the story is griping.
I'm very into VNs and VA-11 HALL-A didn't seem to have much a story, if any.. but then again I've only played it for a couple of hours. Seemed to be more about character interaction than anything else, with very gimmicky bartending gameplay. It's nothing like the typical VN with a good story. For story I would suggest Steins;Gate, Danganronpa, or Zero Escape (all on Vita and PC, Nonary Games will be released soon too). For strictly PC, get The House in Fata Morgana if you want something emotional with a lot of depth, or Clannad if you want more romance + variety of characters and school life. There are more, but those are some good VNs to start with, can't go wrong with any of them. The House in Fata Morgana was my favorite VN steam release last year. Clannad is currently 60% off on Steam, well worth it.

I'm very into VNs and VA-11 HALL-A didn't seem to have much a story, if any.. but then again I've only played it for a couple of hours. Seemed to be more about character interaction than anything else, with very gimmicky bartending gameplay. It's nothing like the typical VN with a good story. For story I would suggest Steins;Gate, Danganronpa, or Zero Escape (all on Vita and PC, Nonary Games will be released soon too). For strictly PC, get The House in Fata Morgana if you want something emotional with a lot of depth, or Clannad if you want more romance + variety of characters and school life. There are more, but those are some good VNs to start with, can't go wrong with any of them. The House in Fata Morgana was my favorite VN steam release last year. Clannad is currently 60% off on Steam, well worth it.
Thanks for the info. I own all of those Vita games but haven't gotten around to them yet. I do have Clannad on my wish list. Even with the sale though, I have a hard time pulling the trigger on anything as I always think it will be in some sort of bundle later on. Or even if it isn't, I start thinking "well when am I going to get around to playing this game? Cause if I am not playing it soon, it will probably be cheaper when I do come around to playing it". Yeah I know.....first world CAG problems.

Have you ever played Snatcher? VA-11 HALL-A gives me that games vibe, and while I don't think it will compare to Snatcher gameplay wise, they both appear to have the cyber punk feel/elements. It's a visual novel of sorts, with things to do that move the story forward, and it was one of the Sega CD's shining moments.

Great voice over work, a killer soundtrack, and an excellent story. Besides MGS1 on the PS, it is the only other Kojima game I have truly enjoyed. Why he hasn't gone back to it, I really don't know, but it is probably one of the few games I would buy full price sight unseen if it ever did happen.

Have you ever played Snatcher? VA-11 HALL-A gives me that games vibe, and while I don't think it will compare to Snatcher gameplay wise, they both appear to have the cyber punk feel/elements. It's a visual novel of sorts, with things to do that move the story forward, and it was one of the Sega CD's shining moments.

Great voice over work, a killer soundtrack, and an excellent story. Besides MGS1 on the PS, it is the only other Kojima game I have truly enjoyed. Why he hasn't gone back to it, I really don't know, but it is probably one of the few games I would buy full price sight unseen if it ever did happen.
I never played Snatcher but I just skimmed a video of it on youtube. I think you are going to have a rude awakening if you think Vallhala is similar to Snatcher. The only similarity is the cyber punk theme and to be honest saying Valhalla is cyberpunk is kinda a long shot. The reason why I say all of this is because Valhalla plays out in only two screens. One is at the bar and one is at home. You don't see anything else. Literally. So you don't get to see much of the environment of the world. On top of that, there isn't really a game at all. The only thing that is considered a game is you make drinks and there isn't anything challenging about it. Last but not least you talk about how Snatcher has great voice work. Well Vallhalla doesn't have any voice work. It is all walls of text without any voices. The only thing that kept me coming back to Valhalla is the music. The music is excellent.

I never played Snatcher but I just skimmed a video of it on youtube. I think you are going have a rude awakening if you think Vallhala is similar to Snatcher. The only similarity is the cyber punk theme and to be honest saying Valhalla is cyberpunk is kinda a long shot. The reason why I say all of this is because Valhalla plays out in only two screens. One is at the bar and one is at home. You don't see anything else. Literally. So you don't get to see much of the environment of the world. On top of that, there isn't really a game at all. The only thing that is considered a game is you make drinks and there isn't anything challenging about it. Last but not least you talk about how Snatcher has great voice work. Well Vallhalla doesn't have any voice work. It is all walls of text without any voices. The only thing that kept me coming back to Valhalla is the music. The music is excellent.
I agree, the theme is the only thing similar, and I agree that is a stretch as well, but when I first saw it, Snatcher was the first game that came to mind. I've watched video's VA-11 HALL-A, so I know for the most part what to expect. I was recommending Snatcher to you in case you may have liked the art style and such, as you'll get way more from Snatcher than VA-11 HALL-A.

I agree, the theme is the only thing similar, and I agree that is a stretch as well, but when I first saw it, Snatcher was the first game that came to mind. I've watched video's VA-11 HALL-A, so I know for the most part what to expect. I was recommending Snatcher to you in case you may have liked the art style and such, as you'll get way more from Snatcher than VA-11 HALL-A.
Oh I thought you were hoping Valhalla would be similar to Snatcher. In that case, thanks for your recommendation.

My favorite movie of all time is Blade Runner (I can't wait for the new one!) so any game that has the title "cyberpunk" is almost a auto-buy for me. I own Deus Ex games, Dex, Satellite Reign and a few others that I can't think of. Anyhow I bought Valhalla because it was "cyberpunk" and had amazing reviews. I was very disappointed. I could of lived with it being exclusively a visual novel if the story was better and it had a variety of settings instead of just two. Snatcher does look very good and I would give it a try but it isn't available on any modern console or Steam. Maybe one day GOG will release it....

Edit: Holy mother, I just looked up Snatcher on Ebay and they are selling for around $280 to $300. Wow

I consider Snatcher to be one of the best games ever. I'd love to own a copy myself but the prices for it these days are ridiculous ($250+).

You should probably watch (or play if you can?) Policenauts, though. Unfortunately I haven't played/watched it yet, but I hear it's supposed to be a spiritual successor to Snatcher.

Oh I thought you were hoping Valhalla would be similar to Snatcher. In that case, thanks for your recommendation.

My favorite movie of all time is Blade Runner (I can't wait for the new one!) so any game that has the title "cyberpunk" is almost a auto-buy for me. I own Deus Ex games, Dex, Satellite Reign and a few others that I can't think of. Anyhow I bought Valhalla because it was "cyberpunk" and had amazing reviews. I was very disappointed. I could of lived with it being exclusively a visual novel if the story was better and it had a variety of settings instead of just two. Snatcher does look very good and I would give it a try but it isn't available on any modern console or Steam. Maybe one day GOG will release it....
As a huge fan of Snatcher, I have to recommend using an emulator to play it on your computer. Regardless of your moral stance on emulation.

Edit: Holy mother, I just looked up Snatcher on Ebay and they are selling for around $280 to $300. Wow
Snatcher has been compared to Blade Runner on many occasions, so your in good company. LOL

I consider Snatcher to be one of the best games ever. I'd love to own a copy myself but the prices for it these days are ridiculous ($250+).

You should probably watch (or play if you can?) Policenauts, though. Unfortunately I haven't played/watched it yet, but I hear it's supposed to be a spiritual successor to Snatcher.
Snatcher is in my top 10 for sure, and based on my play times, it may be top 5. I've played it through to completion at least 5-7 times over the years, and for a game like this, where you know the outcome and story, that's nuts. I have Policenauts currently, and I started it years ago when the fan translation was first completed, but I haven't gone back to it yet, but I plan to.

As a huge fan of Snatcher, I have to recommend using an emulator to play it on your computer. Regardless of your moral stance on emulation.
I'm looking into it now... what's the best sega cd emulator?
Yeah, the prices are beyond silly now. When I first bought it, prices where up to $80-$100 at the time, and a liquidation company got it in and I bought 3 copies at the time for about retail(maybe less). I've sold all of them over the years, as once a game reaches a certain value, I feel uncomfortable playing it, especially a disc based game, as I'm to afraid I'll scratch it, so I emulate it myself now.

Depending on your device, RetroArch is good, as I use it on my Shield Portable to play Snatcher. I haven't played it to the end there, so I can't say if it may have issues later in game, but at the start, it ran fine. Make sure wherever you play it, you have a good d-pad that can do diagonals well. There are some shooting segments in game, and they happen on a 3x3 grid, so you have to move quick to each part to complete the segments, and it can be hard.

BTW, I know this is the wrong thread for this, but if anyone here still has their Virtual Boy(if your ever bought one to begin with), there is a Fan translation for Snatcher going on currently for the VB, and you can try the demo if you have a Flashboy. Check it out at Planet Virtual Boy.

Any way to get this on vita through henkaku?
I would have to assume, but I haven't looked in to that at all yet, so I can't speak on the subject(and I'm sure here isn't the place for it). I play mine mostly with a custom version of Picodrive on my Pandora handheld, and I know it works there, as I've finished several times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACTyLOaH9GE

Starts at 9:36

Rise of the Dragon Is another great cyberpunk game for the Sega CD. Not quite as deep or lengthy as Snatcher, but somehow it seems to get overlooked very easily and sells for rather cheap. More of a hybrid game that is mostly VN with a bit of platforming and puzzle elements thrown in. Comparatively, Danganronpa 1 & 2 are also both hybrid games; one is a cross between a VN and a point-and-click adventure with a tiny amount of rhythm-action tossed in, and two is likewise but additionally with action and puzzle elements.

If you're looking for a purely Visual Novel game to read/play through my top suggestion is to hunt down a copy of Fate stay/night and then install the Mirror Moon translation patch. Or you could go download, legally as it is freeware, Katawa Shoujo which is also a pure VN with multiple routes and endings.

Thanks for the info. I own all of those Vita games but haven't gotten around to them yet. I do have Clannad on my wish list. Even with the sale though, I have a hard time pulling the trigger on anything as I always think it will be in some sort of bundle later on. Or even if it isn't, I start thinking "well when am I going to get around to playing this game? Cause if I am not playing it soon, it will probably be cheaper when I do come around to playing it". Yeah I know.....first world CAG problems.
Really good high production VNs have never been bundled before, aside from Steins;Gate, but that was a non-steam version. It's a niche genre and Clannad is one of the best VNs on steam. You'll get 80+ hours out of Clannad at least. Bundled VNs typically last a couple of hours, or 10 hours max. I would stick to playing what you own though since you've already got some good ones to play through

i'm the guy who posted the senran kagura deal and was like the only one who didn't receive the full LE.

i contacted gamefly last week a few days after i received shinovi versus. basically said other people ordered it and received the complete LE, with artbook, soundtrack, etc while i only received the game + vita case. i normally don't contact CS but it's a bit unfair and had nothing to lose.

they replied with

Hello Victor,

Thank you for contacting GameFly. We will have a replacement case and the art book shipped out to you as soon as possible if one is available. You may discard any extra material.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. Thank you for being a loyal member of GameFly.
it arrived today and came with the complete LE, even with an extra vita case sans game (so i have two of those now)

gamefly is awesome O:) :D/

i'm the guy who posted the senran kagura deal and was like the only one who didn't receive the full LE.

i contacted gamefly last week a few days after i received shinovi versus. basically said other people ordered it and received the complete LE, with artbook, soundtrack, etc while i only received the game + vita case. i normally don't contact CS but it's a bit unfair and had nothing to lose.

they replied with

it arrived today and came with the complete LE, even with an extra vita case sans game (so i have two of those now)

Glad you got the extras. I got one myself thanks to you. O:)

they replied with

I'm in the market for the case, if you are selling that extra one please let me know.

Congrats on the deal

Rise of the Dragon Is another great cyberpunk game for the Sega CD. Not quite as deep or lengthy as Snatcher, but somehow it seems to get overlooked very easily and sells for rather cheap.
I was aware of Rise of the Dragon, even back when it was brand new. This was due to the fact that it was published by Sierra On-Line, and I have always been a huge Sierra fan. I managed to pick up a Sega CD copy a few years back.

Snatcher is one of those rare instances where I do think it's okay to emulate it. I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for a physical copy for my collection, but the prices on that sucker are very prohibitive. It didn't get a large print run on its first time on the market, and has never been re-made or reprinted on any system. Konami has effectively just been sitting on it. Thanks to Kojima's reputation blowing up thanks to the Metal Gear series, there are a lot more fans who have become aware of Snatcher, and the demand for the extremely limited physical supply is sky-high these days.

Another factor effecting it's desirability is the voice acting. At the time when Snatcher was released, voice acting in games was a brand-new thing, it was at the beginning of the CD-Rom multimedia revolution. Not everyone knew how to handle voice acting at the time, and a lot of localized Japanese games of that era are known for having legendarily BAD voice acting. But Snatcher was notable for getting some good vocal talent, and some unusually solid direction for its vocal performances. The voice acting in Snatcher is good, at times even great, and has helped the game to age far more gracefully than some of its contemporaries.

These days, I never recommend individual emulators. I just say download RetroArch. It's the easiest, fastest, and most efficient way to dip your toe into emulation. And it provides one of the better graphical front-ends for keeping things organized.

If freaking Konami would pull their heads out of their butts and just re-release Snatcher, I'd be more than happy to buy a digital copy of the game. Having Snatcher on a service like Good Old Games would be perfect. Sadly, Konami is the worst. Also, if the Silent Hill collection is anything to go by, we wouldn't want them handling such a port themselves anyway.

If freaking Konami would pull their heads out of their butts and just re-release Snatcher, I'd be more than happy to buy a digital copy of the game. Having Snatcher on a service like Good Old Games would be perfect. Sadly, Konami is the worst. Also, if the Silent Hill collection is anything to go by, we wouldn't want them handling such a port themselves anyway.
I would love to see Snatcher added to PSN/Xbox Live, or hell, even the e-shop at this point, as I think it would sale pretty good at $10-$15. But as you stated, Konami is to far gone, and I'm sure Kojima could make something happen if he wanted to, but he's as clueless as Konami is at this point.

As great as Snatcher was, I just don't think the games following is big enough to be heard by the powers that be. Which is rather sad, as it is one of the best games from the 16-bit era, and it also deserves a spot in the all time best list as well.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklist Updated:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by known release schedule date.

- 2017 -
- March
Toukiden 2 (3/21)
The Nonary Games (3/24)
God Wars: Future Past (3/28)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (March TBA)
- April
A Rose in the Twilight (4/11)
Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~ (4/25)
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (2nd Quarter)
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (2nd Quarter)
Tokyo Xanadu (2nd Quarter)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (2nd Quarter)
- May
Akiba's Beat (5/2)
- 3rd Quarter
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (9/26)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (3rd Quarter)
Plague Road (3rd Quarter)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter)
- To Be Announced
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Fallen Legion (TBA)
Farming Simulator 18 (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Oceanhorn (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt and Sanctuary (TBA)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Tokyo Tattoo Girls (TBA)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
(4th Quarter)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Fall)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

they replied with

Nice, I eneded up doing the free trial with the "keep it" option so we'll see how that goes.

ys 8 might do the LE not sure

tokyo girls day 1 buy

culdcept been waiting for this to come to 3ds for years Day 1

Rpg maker should been out years ago maybe day 1 if cheap (20 or 30)

burst battle might pass

sucks looks like they are all Sept or later besides culdcept and rpg what says summer.. so shows the 3ds should have at leeast another year left

Super pumped about Culdcept, now I don't need to import. RPG Maker should be interesting but inputting text is going to get old real fast, but I guess it's still better than the ps1/ps2 controller.

I'm super hyped that Ys VIII is finally announced for release, I heard that there are some that are disappointed that this will not be translated by XSEED, but on the positive side, this allows for the game to go to Europe, Australia and allow for quick publishing on PC (Steam?).

I had given up on a physical release since the announcement of Ys Origin coming to Vita as a digital only game, and will probably not buy it, as I have long owned the Steam version on PC, and memory space is low on my Vita, and PSTV. (I hope for news about the clunky SD adapter for PSTV soon :pray: )

Muv-Luv Trilogy (3rd Quarter)
Do you have a source on this? I last heard that it was going to be in March-April, when the physical copies would ship together in one package. I couldn't find anything on a delay when I looked on backerkit.

I think NISA does pretty decent translations other than the censorship. I never found a problem with Criminal Girls 1 or 2 translation. It's nothing like say what Nintendo Treehouse did to FE Fates or such. Course Xseed is awesome though, and I can't wait to support them more when they release some more games.

Can you update billing/shipping address on the nis store?
I am moving in the summer and want to order ys
I don't know if they added it to the order section. But last time I needed to update something, I had to call to do it. Took a few times for them to answer, but when they did they were super helpful. They also have email support to do it. So you should be fine.

I'm super hyped that Ys VIII is finally announced for release, I heard that there are some that are disappointed that this will not be translated by XSEED, but on the positive side, this allows for the game to go to Europe, Australia and allow for quick publishing on PC (Steam?).

I had given up on a physical release since the announcement of Ys Origin coming to Vita as a digital only game, and will probably not buy it, as I have long owned the Steam version on PC, and memory space is low on my Vita, and PSTV. (I hope for news about the clunky SD adapter for PSTV soon :pray: )

Do you have a source on this? I last heard that it was going to be in March-April, when the physical copies would ship together in one package. I couldn't find anything on a delay when I looked on backerkit.
  • Physical rewards will be shipped as soon as possible once Muv-Luv Alternative is released on Steam. If you have pledged for PS Vita physical, your rewards will be reserved for a second batch of shipping which which will be a few months later—depending on how much time the following will take:
    1. Muv-Luv Alternative porting
    2. Cartridge production
    3. Sony approval .
    To elaborate further, let's say the PC backer's physicals ship in June. Pledges containing a copy of the physical PS Vita version will likely be sent by September.
    This is still a rough (worst case) estimate, and rewards may ship early if everything goes well.. We'll keep everyone posted!

Really this is guess work, but I personally expect there will be delays.:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1765250

Can you update billing/shipping address on the nis store?
I am moving in the summer and want to order ys
Yes, just login to your account to change your shipping address. Make sure to notify customer service via e-mail if you already have a pre-order placed prior to moving just to make doubly sure it is mailed to the correct location.

Thanks for the fast reply. I have had to wait a long time for good crowd funding games before. I guess I skimmed over that paragraph lol.

Because of the early launch in Japan of the Vita version, there are many spoilers to avoid on Ys 8. But I did check out the interesting opening to the game via youtube.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voDxgLC3iQ0[/youtube]

And wow, I was very much expecting a high speed rock and roll opening, like practically every other Ys opening. But instead it's almost a mid 2000's Castlevainia track, with it's melody on and off and then almost menacingly toned. Probably it's because my history with this franchise started with Ys Seven on PSP (10/10), then I played Ys I & II complete (PSP 6/10), Ys Origin (Steam 8/10), Ys Memories of Celceta (Vita 9/10), and more recently tracked down a copy of Ys The Oath in Felghana (PSP -currently playing-). All the excitement makes me really want to plunk down the $79.99 now (Vita) just so when it launches AUG-OCT, I know I'll get the sure to be awesome soundtrack. (and I'll have to hold myself back for watching lets plays and listening to the OST before I get my hands on it. :whee:)

Thanks for the fast reply. I have had to wait a long time for good crowd funding games before. I guess I skimmed over that paragraph lol.

Because of the early launch in Japan of the Vita version, there are many spoilers to avoid on Ys 8. But I did check out the interesting opening to the game via youtube.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voDxgLC3iQ0[/youtube]

And wow, I was very much expecting a high speed rock and roll opening, like practically every other Ys opening. But instead it's almost a mid 2000's Castlevainia track, with it's melody on and off and then almost menacingly toned. Probably it's because my history with this franchise started with Ys Seven on PSP (10/10), then I played Ys I & II complete (PSP 6/10), Ys Origin (Steam 8/10), Ys Memories of Celceta (Vita 9/10), and more recently tracked down a copy of Ys The Oath in Felghana (PSP -currently playing-). All the excitement makes me really want to plunk down the $79.99 now (Vita) just so when it launches AUG-OCT, I know I'll get the sure to be awesome soundtrack. (and I'll have to hold myself back for watching lets plays and listening to the OST before I get my hands on it. :whee:)
Trying to play the game on Henkaku. I am still playing WoFF though, even after beating it on Henkaku I bought the LE and am playing it for the 2nd round, kinda bummer I didnt get the CE when it first came out.

The Amazon sales aren't shipped and sold by Amazon so it's not considered under warranty. Fulfilled by Amazon has some support from Amazon but won't count as a sale for Sony support.

bread's done
Back