PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm super tempted by the Gundam G Genesis game. Anyone played it? I'm already ordering SRWV so I was thinking about it too.
I bought a copy while in the Philippines last week but haven't had a chance to give it a shot just yet. Work and stuff. Hopefully this weekend though. This is actually going to be my first Gundam game ever, so no idea what to expect.

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has good recommendations for a vita SLIM case? I'm traveling soon and my old cheepo case broke.
This is the one I have, and I love it. It fits the Vita Slim, along with a my fold able BT Headphones, has 3 slots for games. It's a snug fit with the extra's thrown in, but it's solid(see reviews). It's not shipping from PA for a week, so you may not be able to get it before leaving. It also comes in other colors, and you may be able to find it elsewhere shipping NOW. Or you may not be into the soft cases, and that's cool. I prefer them over the hard cases myself, but's that's a personal preference for sure. I have a similar soft case for my N3DS as well.

http://www.play-asia.com/psvita-playstation-vita-soft-carry-case-blue/13/704fa1

EDIT: BTW, this is the official Sony branded case, so it was designed specifically for the Vita Slim by it's creators.

This is the one I have, and I love it. It fits the Vita Slim, along with a my fold able BT Headphones, has 3 slots for games. It's a snug fit with the extra's thrown in, but it's solid(see reviews). It's not shipping from PA for a week, so you may not be able to get it before leaving. It also comes in other colors, and you may be able to find it elsewhere shipping NOW. Or you may not be into the soft cases, and that's cool. I prefer them over the hard cases myself, but's that's a personal preference for sure. I have a similar soft case for my N3DS as well.

http://www.play-asia.com/psvita-playstation-vita-soft-carry-case-blue/13/704fa1

EDIT: BTW, this is the official Sony branded case, so it was designed specifically for the Vita Slim by it's creators.
Sweet. That looks great except it may take too long to get to me. I see a lot of highly recommendations for this Butterfox one except several reviews say it smells??

https://www.amazon.com/Butterfox-Double-Compartment-Carry-Case/dp/B007GYBTGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488031386&sr=8-1&keywords=butterfox+vita

Sweet. That looks great except it may take too long to get to me. I see a lot of highly recommendations for this Butterfox one except several reviews say it smells??

https://www.amazon.com/Butterfox-Double-Compartment-Carry-Case/dp/B007GYBTGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488031386&sr=8-1&keywords=butterfox+vita
Yeah, smells are often an issue with things made overseas. They normally go away with time and fresh air, but not always. LOL

Play-Asia

I have the Butterfox case for my slim Aqua Blue Vita, and it's fantastic! Space for the Vita in one area, in the other you can easily fit 10 Vita carts in the built-in sleeves, plus ear buds or other stuff. When the case first came out it was $25 (and I got one), then it dropped in price so I bought another one as a backup. Well made, great zippers, great material, no smell for mine lol.

The best Vita case after trying out like 3 is this for me. 

https://www.amazon.com/PDP-PSVita-Pull-N-Go-Folio/dp/B0072A4JTY/ref=sr_1_44?ie=UTF8&qid=1488033617&sr=8-44&keywords=vita+case

However I don't use it the way it is intended to be used. What I do is I do not use the interior case (which is velcroed on) because I like to have grips on my Vita. The vita with the grips I have not only fit in there but also fit snug so it doesn't move much. In regards to the grips, you have to one that has smaller nubs on them, not the ones that protrude out off the vita a lot.

If you use grips and don't like carrying them outside of the case cause they won't fit in your case, this is one of your better options.

I have the Butterfox case for my slim Aqua Blue Vita, and it's fantastic! Space for the Vita in one area, in the other you can easily fit 10 Vita carts in the built-in sleeves, plus ear buds or other stuff. When the case first came out it was $25 (and I got one), then it dropped in price so I bought another one as a backup. Well made, great zippers, great material, no smell for mine lol.
Do I need screen protector for the vita in this case? Im' glad you didn't have any smell, where did you buy it from?

Do I need screen protector for the vita in this case? Im' glad you didn't have any smell, where did you buy it from?
I bought both of mine from Amazon. My Aqua Blue Vita doesn't have a screen protector on it, although my phat Vita does. I think it's always a good idea to have a screen protector on the Vita, to prevent scratches. But the Butterfox case protects the system well enough that you can get by without one if you want.

I use a Miku protective case but it's super impractical. Doesn't hold games....just my Vita 1000 system...but it's Miku...and I bought it a while back haha.

I use a grey RDS Systems Game Traveler for my aqua blue slim with a screen protector. Target clearance, like $6. Blue, black, or grey color.

Very similar to the Hori hard case. I wanted to protect my sticks from getting squished (goes in a laptop bag or my purse often) so the slimmest case possible for that was the RDS. Holds 8 games. I liked it so much I bought a backup in blue.

I'd avoid the vault case from BBY or AMZ. 

This guy reviews my and lastemp3ror's cases:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/corJqJIeGhk[/youtube]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a grey RDS Systems Game Traveler for my aqua blue slim with a screen protector. Target clearance, like $6. Blue, black, or grey color.

Very similar to the Hori hard case. I wanted to protect my sticks from getting squished (goes in a laptop bag or my purse often) so the slimmest case possible for that was the RDS. Holds 8 games. I liked it so much I bought a backup in blue.

I'd avoid the vault case from BBY or AMZ.

This guy reviews my and lastemp3ror's cases:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/corJqJIeGhk[/youtube]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IS that on clearnce now?

HU, was at my local Walmart and noticed the $15 and under bin, they had a few different PS Vita titles. Decided to grab Sly Cooper collection and Killzone: Mercenary for $9.88 each

I ended up ordering Ys Origins and another copy of Soldner, separate orders. The $5 off and free shipping is a great deal.
Yeah, I placed 1 order at first, and then someone mentioned the Vita grip, and I figured why not and grabbed that to. Then I was thinking about the Y's Origin, due to how sweet the deal was, but now I'll have to be happy with my first two orders.

Yeah, I placed 1 order at first, and then someone mentioned the Vita grip, and I figured why not and grabbed that to. Then I was thinking about the Y's Origin, due to how sweet the deal was, but now I'll have to be happy with my first two orders.
I feel a bit stupid to admit this, but I accidentally ordered the PS4 version of Ys that shows up on the home page. I think when it first went up it was just Vita, but now there are two listings.

Guess I am getting both as I do not see a way to cancel the order. I can think of worse ways I have spent $27. I played the original on TurboGrafx 16 CD. It probably would have been $54 just for the Vita one on eBay.

I feel a bit stupid to admit this, but I accidentally ordered the PS4 version of Ys that shows up on the home page. I think when it first went up it was just Vita, but now there are two listings.

Guess I am getting both as I do not see a way to cancel the order. I can think of worse ways I have spent $27. I played the original on TurboGrafx 16 CD. It probably would have been $54 just for the Vita one on eBay.
Yeah, that's a honest mistake. I'm amazed I haven't done it yet, though I have recently bought some games I already own, so I feel your situation. I was waiting to see if a US version happened anyway, so by Play-Asia changing their coupon, that was the sign I needed to wait.

PA is like Gamestop to me, I use them when I have to, but I prefer to not use them at all, but they serve a purpose every once in awhile.

If not for that $5 off and free shipping, I wouldn't have even used them, and backdoor BS like this is the exact reason why.
I rarely use them myself....think I got Moe Chronicle and Phoenix Festa when they had coupon codes to make them cheap enough....and well that's been it. Now I got both Super Robot Wars and the Gundam G Genesis game (yeah.....just getting them now in case they go OOP plus I love me some Gundam and giant robots). I was always a Sega Genesis guy....though I was jelly of all the good SNES games...and later played them from old emus. I don't know if people were into the scene back then, but I remember when Earthbound didn't run well on much of anything that ESNES or something like that, and when Mode 7 wasn't supported. Everyone is so spoiled these days by emulators that work pretty much most of the time. Now I feel old....

I rarely use them myself....think I got Moe Chronicle and Phoenix Festa when they had coupon codes to make them cheap enough....and well that's been it. Now I got both Super Robot Wars and the Gundam G Genesis game (yeah.....just getting them now in case they go OOP plus I love me some Gundam and giant robots)
I ordered Moe Chronicles from them. And then I ordered Hollow Fragment. But after USPS lost Hollow Fragment and it took Play Asia 1 - 2 months to fix the problem, I stopped ordering from them, taking my business to Heavy Arm after that.

I ordered Moe Chronicles from them. And then I ordered Hollow Fragment. But after USPS lost Hollow Fragment and it took Play Asia 1 - 2 months to fix the problem, I stopped ordering from them, taking my business to Heavy Arm after that.
Yeah, I had a problem with them a few years back with the FFX FFX2 situation that took months to correct/fix as well, and after that I only use them as a last resort.

Does Heavy-arm have better customer service? I've had an issue with Play-asia before and it took constant messages for 3-4 months before it got resolved.
I don't know. I never had an issue to warrant me to contact them. But the person you talk to in the emails is the owner of Heavy Arm though.

Play-asia will use a box if you order enough items.  My Gundam G Genesis from play asia was prefect and shipped in a box.  My Gravity Rush 2 from heavy Arms got dented corners as they used padded envelope.  

Does Heavy-arm have better customer service? I've had an issue with Play-asia before and it took constant messages for 3-4 months before it got resolved.
I've never had an "issue" at heavy Arm, but you have to contact them directly to place orders, and Steve is prompt, friendly, and not a damn robot. Play-Asia can take days to send you a robotic reply, that often times doesn't even answer your original question.

Then if there's an issue, you have to go to hell and back for a resolution. Just dealing with Steve directly at HA, gives me confidence in the transaction, in the same way you deal directly with the same sales person or Manager at your local game store.

Play-asia will use a box if you order enough items. My Gundam G Genesis from play asia was prefect and shipped in a box. My Gravity Rush 2 from heavy Arms got dented corners as they used padded envelope.
Shipping/packaging is one area that I give PA the thumbs up, as it's never been an issue. They used to offer many different choice options(bubble mailer, box, registered box, non registered, express, etc). Awhile ago they simplified things, but it also increased shipping cost but I haven't gotten a bubble mailer from them since it was an option. Everything comes in a box, with proper padding and such.

I ordered a few Amiibo from them back in the day(when inventory was utter shit in the states), and they had a custom made box they used that was nothing short of genius(I'm being serious, they should have sold it to retailers in the states, it was that good).

I've only ever ordered single Vita games from Heavy Arm, and I always wondered if the would ship boxed games in the envelope as well. I guess I'll need to request a box from them going forward, as they do have a few boxed edition games I want.

If I bought a new Vita for $219.99 while its free shipping, how much money would I stand to save? I'm trying to figure out if I can wait to save more money so I don't have to use my credit card.

I don't know how much shipping would be for a Vita to the U.S., so I'm not sure if its such a great deal that I should buy now before the free shipping is over.

If I bought a new Vita for $219.99 while its free shipping, how much money would I stand to save? I'm trying to figure out if I can wait to save more money so I don't have to use my credit card.

I don't know how much shipping would be for a Vita to the U.S., so I'm not sure if its such a great deal that I should buy now before the free shipping is over.
There's a weight limit on that free shipping at PA, so check and see if a system even qualifies. I also don't think they ship any high dollar items with anything less than express, but I may be wrong.

I know it was mentioned here awhile ago, that some users had seen the Vita section removed from their local GS, well today at my nearest shop, Vita was nowhere to be found. The Switch section was in place now, and taking up some good real estate, but the Vita area was small and on an end cap, so I can't see why it was removed.

The manager wasn't there, so they may be in the process of rearranging things, but sadly, I think its the future we all knew was coming. While I'm no fan of GS, I did buy a good amount of Vita games there over the years, due to good deals, or just finding some rare titles cheap from time to time. I'm sure they will keep selling them online, but no way I'm buying games sight unseen online from them.

I guess Ebay will be my go to stop now for used titles. So be on the lookout at your local stores.

I know it was mentioned here awhile ago, that some users had seen the Vita section removed from their local GS, well today at my nearest shop, Vita was nowhere to be found. The Switch section was in place now, and taking up some good real estate, but the Vita area was small and on an end cap, so I can't see why it was removed.

The manager wasn't there, so they may be in the process of rearranging things, but sadly, I think its the future we all knew was coming. While I'm no fan of GS, I did buy a good amount of Vita games there over the years, due to good deals, or just finding some rare titles cheap from time to time. I'm sure they will keep selling them online, but no way I'm buying games sight unseen online from them.

I guess Ebay will be my go to stop now for used titles. So be on the lookout at your local stores.
That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Now I actually have no reason to go into a Gamestop anymore. :D

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Now I actually have no reason to go into a Gamestop anymore. :D
You know, you may be right actually :D/

The only reason I went in there today, was the only reason I go in there most Sundays, and that's because my son want's to go in on our way home from grocery shopping. If the Vita area is for sure gone now, I really don't need to go in there myself anymore.

About to finish Trails of Cold Steel 2, man I cant wait for CS3. And finally will be able to play a different Vita game

Vita means life
I have them both in my backlog. I'm playing Dragon Quest VII currrently. I can't do successive RPGs, so I'm going to play some other type game before I start that. Are they something I should prioritize?? Was thinking of doing Akiba's Trip, then back to 3DS to beat... Something... But I have to find the time to squeeze in the new Zelda on my Switch... Dang... Screw you Visa Checkout promo!! My backlog grew by like 25% cause of that promo!!

You know, you may be right actually :D/

The only reason I went in there today, was the only reason I go in there most Sundays, and that's because my son want's to go in on our way home from grocery shopping. If the Vita area is for sure gone now, I really don't need to go in there myself anymore.
Sometimes you have no choice but to deal with GS. Two recent examples are Duke Nukem 20th Anniversary Edition for PS4 and XB1, and Killing Floor 2 for PS4. These are exclusive to GS and both are excellent games, which are likely to hold their value well in the future.

bread's done
Back