PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Want to hear a quick GameStop vita story?

Bought hatsune miku project F 2nd from the online store got here yesterday and......it's the first one which isn't a problem since I was going to buy that eventually. The kicker is it's the Japanese nothing is in English how that made its way into GS dunno.
the 1st one is only physical on vita in jp. pstv
compatable also. unless you wanted the ps3 version, which did get a physical port here.

This is a Vita discussion and deals thread. Please those who are going to be talking about the Nintendo Switch, go make a new topic. We don't need to talk about other consoles or comparing them.
Seriously, I used to think this thread is a safe haven. The PS Vita Deals and Discussion thread, what can go wrong? I mean, it's not like we are gonna take about another console right? If anything, maybe the PS4 for remote play? I mean I see the Japanese Niche thread talking about it, since Nintendo is a Japanese company, the CE thread, since Zelda came with a CE, the Gamestop thread, and since Gamestop sells it. But isn't there already a Switch thread?

Plus, just to pour fuel into the flames, I really don't see the Switch having a :vita: Valkyrie Drive ($29.85) coming to it's library. Or any other console, besides maybe a PC port. Those types of pervy games are pretty limited to the Vita. So to me, Vita is always going to have that charm for me no other console can provide.

Sorry, I'll take my leave now and fall back into the shadows.

Why should we only appreciate one or the other, but not both?

I don't feel that saying the Switch is great necessarily has to be a knock on the Vita.

However, I do feel that it's silly to make such implications if that's what anybody was aiming for, but no harm no foul.

Let's just appreciate the awesomeness of the Vita, and the budding awesomeness of the Switch, though this thread may not necessarily be the best place to have those discussions as they do tend to derail the conversation away from the main discussion points of this thread as a result.

fee14c5e1043e4fc134e9f46fbe8675c4576d8c7.gif

Let's just appreciate the awesomeness of the Vita, and the budding awesomeness of the Switch, though this thread may not necessarily be the best place to have those discussions as they do tend to derail the conversation away from the main discussion points of this thread as a result.
Hell, it's not like any deals are being discussed here either way, so if a discussion is happening that is Vita related in some way, shape or form, I don't see the harm.

Seriously, I used to think this thread is a safe haven. The PS Vita Deals and Discussion thread, what can go wrong? I mean, it's not like we are gonna take about another console right? If anything, maybe the PS4 for remote play? I mean I see the Japanese Niche thread talking about it, since Nintendo is a Japanese company, the CE thread, since Zelda came with a CE, the Gamestop thread, and since Gamestop sells it. But isn't there already a Switch thread?

Plus, just to pour fuel into the flames, I really don't see the Switch having a :vita: Valkyrie Drive ($29.85) coming to it's library. Or any other console, besides maybe a PC port. Those types of pervy games are pretty limited to the Vita. So to me, Vita is always going to have that charm for me no other console can provide.

Sorry, I'll take my leave now and fall back into the shadows.
We've even been talking about the Switch all day in the Steam thread.

Well, part of the issue is that so few Vita deals are getting thrown around these days. There was a decent one for Zero Escape last week, but I pre-ordered my Vita copy of that game, so it already has a place on the shelf. As so many stores have been dumping their Vita stock, it becomes increasingly difficult to find good deals for the system.

The Vita hangs in a strange limbo. In the U.S., it has essentially stopped all physical sales of units on store shelves. Only GameStop still carries games for it, and we've seen how they feel about selling new titles. (and what kind of deals to expect from their lack-luster used titles) Basically, you either pre-order a game about to release, or wait for an on-line retailer like Amazon to discount it. There are very few other viable avenues for finding Vita games on sale. And all of this is happening despite the fact that new Vita games continue to be released. (so the system continues to not technically be dead) While essentially abandoned by developers and retailers alike in the West, the Vita is granted a strange half-life through the efforts of Japanese developers and enthusiastic indie developers. (and crazy enthusiasts like us who still buy games for it)

The reason Switch talk has started up is just because people are trying to look to the future and predict where things will be going next. While the Vita is great, at some point the flagging support for it will eventually drop off.

If anyone has some deals to discuss for the Vita, by all means speak up. We would be happy to hear of them. I just don't forsee much focus or support for the Vita over the course of the coming year.

Just an update for everyone, but Shovel Knight copies on Fangamer finally sold out of its remaining stock recently, so if anyone is wondering why the value has gone way up, that'd be one of the main reasons.

Earlier today while out I found myself near to a Wal*Mart I do not typically go to. Decided I'd investigate to find out if they had any Vita games and if so at what pricing.

Found the following two titles at said location, and literally they had just one copy of each in the whole of their rather small video game discount bin. Neither bore any sort of pricing stickers so I took them to the nearest price check scanner and found they scanned at the following prices.:

$5.00 - Spongebob Hero Pants

$9.00 - Terraria

As has been reported by others in recent day, the Wal*Mart deals are definitely real folks. And I will add the discount games bin at this particular Wally World even had PS2 and DS games in it... which seemed odd since the location in question opened up only five years ago. I scanned quite a few other, non-Vita, games from the bin too, but all were priced at $19.xx, yes I do mean the change amount was rather variable oddly. Point to this to be taken though is that the Vita games are coming up in the master Wal*Mart checkout database at clearance prices, which means these type prices should be valid at any Wal*Mart location nationwide.

Earlier today while out I found myself near to a Wal*Mart I do not typically go to. Decided I'd investigate to find out if they had any Vita games and if so at what pricing.

Found the following two titles at said location, and literally they had just one copy of each in the whole of their rather small video game discount bin. Neither bore any sort of pricing stickers so I took them to the nearest price check scanner and found they scanned at the following prices.:

$9.00 - Terraria

As has been reported by others in recent day, the Wal*Mart deals are definitely real folks. And I will add the discount games bin at this particular Wally World even had PS2 and DS games in it... which seemed odd since the location in question opened up only five years ago. I scanned quite a few other, non-Vita, games from the bin too, but all were priced at $19.xx, yes I do mean the change amount was rather variable oddly. Point to this to be taken though is that the Vita games are coming up in the master Wal*Mart checkout database at clearance prices, which means these type prices should be valid at any Wal*Mart location nationwide.
i saw terraria last night but could not see spending 9 on it.. guessing it would be very small print on vita

$9.00 - Terraria

Minecraft is also $5 at nearly every Walmart that still has it in stock but be aware it is just a download code inside the case.

Minecraft is also $5 at nearly every Walmart that still has it in stock but be aware it is just a download code inside the case.
That's literally the only game I've seen at my local Walmart in like 2+ years. The Vita dies a really quick death in my area sadly, but I have gotten some good games from Target and GS, so all was not lost.

That's literally the only game I've seen at my local Walmart in like 2+ years. The Vita dies a really quick death in my area sadly, but I have gotten some good games from Target and GS, so all was not lost.
I think Minecraft and Terraria may have been the last two Vita releases carried by Walmart. Both are on clearance now.

u make it sound its high in value. its only around 50
That's double the $24.99 it was being sold at. Day Traders can only dream of doubling the return on a investment that quickly.

and there is nothing to stop them from printing more copies.
Actually there is, and that is the fact they advertised Shovel Knight physical as a limited edition. However, nothing to stop them from releasing the 3.0 edition of the game to physical, and if they did it would devalue the existing 2.0 edition.

Yacht Club Games is happy to announce a limited print of Shovel Knight on PlayStation®Vita! Display it proudly on your shelf or take this convenient cart with you and enjoy shovelry on the go!
I think Minecraft and Terraria may have been the last two Vita releases carried by Walmart. Both are on clearance now.
Terraria and Spongebob Hero Pants were the most recent games Wal*Mart stocked in stores, both games released in 2015. Wal*Mart continues to carry new releases on their website though.

As far as the Vita stuff goes,

PSYCHO-PASS: Mandatory Happiness Limited Edition (PSVita) $59.99 $49.99

Stranger of Sword City (PSVita) $59.99 $49.99

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls Limited Edition (PS Vita) $64.99 $44.99

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy Limited Edition $54.99 $39.99

Highlights are clearly Danganronpa and Operation Abyss from a discount perspective.

Actually Yacht Club already said reprint is possible

https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/796886157590085632

Actually Yacht Club already said reprint is possible
That appears to be back from November. It took, what, 5 months to sell out?. I doubt they are hot to print more considering they had no plans to print more at that time and it took so long to sell all of the copies from the first print. If it had sold out super quick, they probably would have been more gung ho to cash in on another run. I wonder how many copies the vita version of Shovel Knight ended up getting produced?

I was able to grab the LEs of both Vita Atelier games right when the NISA sale started, so that was great.  I guess they found more stock, since I thought they were completely sold out.

I'd buy both the Operation Abyss CE and the Stranger of Sword City CE if I didn't have those already.
The Artbooks are excellent...big and pretty substantial. Only thing is Stranger of Sword City has an improved version on the PSN. I'd want to play that first, but the LEs of both are nice.

I was able to grab the LEs of both Vita Atelier games right when the NISA sale started, so that was great. I guess they found more stock, since I thought they were completely sold out.
Well now I'm disappointed. I didn't expect Escha to ever show up again.

Well now I'm disappointed. I didn't expect Escha to ever show up again.
It's showed up a couple of times before too in previous sales.

They also had Ar Nosurge awhile back.

Of course, the stock on these are typically super low anyways, so unless you're there at the very start, you'd probably never get one. :D

I wonder how many copies the vita version of Shovel Knight ended up getting produced?
5,030 was the final produced number, and the preorders where lower than that, but they printed a good amount more, so they would have extra for awhile, so fans who wanted it, wouldn't have ample time to do so.

what games were they and how much
Atelier Shalie Plus LE and Atelier Escha & Logy Plus LE, $54.99 each. As far as I know those are the only two Atelier games released physically in English for the Vita.

Played Switch (Zelda) on the train to work and will play Vita (Toukiden Kiwami) on the train back home

#HandheldLife

#Outlawz

#AllEyezOnMe

Played Switch (Zelda) on the train to work and will play Vita (Toukiden Kiwami) on the train back home

#HandheldLife

#Outlawz

#AllEyezOnMe
Because the Switch dies so fast...hahahahaa

The perks of it not being a handheld but also not being a console. Nintenfail

Atelier Shalie Plus LE and Atelier Escha & Logy Plus LE, $54.99 each. As far as I know those are the only two Atelier games released physically in English for the Vita.
nice grab on dusk sky since it gets like what 150 on ebay..... dusk sea seem still easy to get for around 60

Im enjoying it, it is reptitive by genre definition but the RPG element is helping. Im a RPG guy and isnt that into MH clones.
I'm not a big MH guy either, mostly an RPG player and it was those very elements that helped me enjoy Toukiden. I'll get the sequel once it hits the ~20 range like the first one did. I'm about to start BoTW on my Switch too.

Because the Switch dies so fast...hahahahaa

The perks of it not being a handheld but also not being a console. Nintenfail
I've seen you bash the Switch a few times now. Do you own it? Have you actually played it or are you regurgitating stuff you e ready on the internet?

I'm still disappointed the Asia version didn't have English subs.
And Asian players are disappointed at the games without Asian region subs.

I guess the best course of action is always to learn Japanese, think about all the good stuff we would be able to enjoy.

No. My switch works just fine.

Answering a question with a question though? That's cool, keep bashing something you've never used.
Doesn't change the fact that it has issues and it's a terrible launch from a technical perspective.

I speak the truth and you get upset. Relax.

With Moe Crystal in hand, I think my Vita backlog has officially spun out of control. Its good that I have zero PS4 backlog aside from PS+ games.

bread's done
Back