PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, yeah, Airship Q in my order has a status of SOLD, which I'm guessing means sold out.  I wonder how that will be handled.

My Play-Asia order is still Preparing, but the Airship Q says "sold." Seems weird that they would put that on an order that was already made; plus I was probably one of the first to order it so I don't think they just ran out of stock by the time I ordered.

At least they didn't put your order on hold like mine.  Bleck! T___T  I'm also worried that my DQH2 is going to be in danger now that they're oos.

Also, good to know VGP is carrying Summon Knight 6.

Now to wait for it to go on sale there. :D

I can take my Amazon Visa on a test run now there too, since they no longer have foreign fees.

Also, good to know VGP is carrying Summon Knight 6.

Now to wait for it to go on sale there. :D
But they say qty's are limited. LOL

All joking aside, they have that bundle limited to 1 per person, so where 95% of their PQube stuff goes on sale, I doubt this one will be around long enough, but it may(especially at that high price).

I actually wanted to get in on this originally, but everyone scared me off of ordering directly from the developers, and now that I'm looking at the price, I think I may pass.

As long as it comes packaged properly, I'll give em a go(fingers crossed).
I've ordered their other releases and I wouldn't say their packaging is great. It's basically a very thin cardboard sleeve/box. If you're super OCD about creases or minor dings and dents on the outer collector's box, you're not going to be happy.

I've ordered their other releases and I wouldn't say their packaging is great. It's basically a very thin cardboard sleeve/box. If you're super OCD about creases or minor dings and dents on the outer collector's box, you're not going to be happy.
Yeah, they don't seem to throw anything at all in the box to protect it.

I've ordered a couple of sets before where I had to get it resent out to me because they would arrived pretty crushed and dented.

Wish they did a better job with packaging. ~_~

Yeah, they don't seem to throw anything at all in the box to protect it.

I've ordered a couple of sets before where I had to get it resent out to me because they would arrived pretty crushed and dented.

Wish they did a better job with packaging. ~_~
So CS was pretty good sending replacements then? Although I hate having to deal with a situation like that, if they don't mind taking the loss, I'm happy to order and have it replaced if damaged.

I've said it before, but UK shipping is ASS! I don't know how mail and packages and deliver mail over there, but the packages I get from overseas, I wouldn't use to ship around the block, let alone across the globe.

Futurlabs, the guys who made Velocity, had some cool posters for the game awhile back, and everyone I got came damaged. After 4 tries, we both agreed to stop, and I just got a refund. They kept saying how they didn't understand how they where getting damaged, and I'm like, did you look at the tube you guys are using? The tube was one step up from paper, and is making the journey from the UK to the US.

My latest book from Bitmap actually restored some faith, as it was packaged very well, which I've had replacements from them in the past as well, and had to explain shipping 101, so I was glad to see my most recent item arrived well packed. Maybe someone actually listened. And Rice, we all know how they are, so no need to explain any further. LOL

So CS was pretty good sending replacements then? Although I hate having to deal with a situation like that, if they don't mind taking the loss, I'm happy to order and have it replaced if damaged.

I've said it before, but UK shipping is ASS! I don't know how mail and packages and deliver mail over there, but the packages I get from overseas, I wouldn't use to ship around the block, let alone across the globe.

Futurlabs, the guys who made Velocity, had some cool posters for the game awhile back, and everyone I got came damaged. After 4 tries, we both agreed to stop, and I just got a refund. They kept saying how they didn't understand how they where getting damaged, and I'm like, did you look at the tube you guys are using? The tube was one step up from paper, and is making the journey from the UK to the US.

My latest book from Bitmap actually restored some faith, as it was packaged very well, which I've had replacements from them in the past as well, and had to explain shipping 101, so I was glad to see my most recent item arrived well packed. Maybe someone actually listened. And Rice, we all know how they are, so no need to explain any further. LOL
The CS was very helpful, but the shipping department still blows.

I remember one set I had to get two replacements sent out because the replacement they sent me got smashed even worse, lol.

They'll be more helpful, but man, helpfulness can only go so far when they can't control what the other hand is doing. :(

They'll be more helpful, but man, helpfulness can only go so far when they can't control what the other hand is doing. :(
Yeah, this is the exact problem. Rice CS was pretty good, but like Amazon, the left hand isn't in contact with the right. At Bitmap books, I always dealt with Sam the main guy, so when replacements got sent, they knew what to address to provide safety.

Like you said, some of these places send replacements, and they can be worse than the original problem. If they don't mind sending me products again and again, I'm more than happy to run the course, and see where it takes me.

fmp%2Bsagara%2Bsweating.gif

Does the Airship Q patch give english text? Do I need a japanese or asian account to get it?

Any other games that don't use dialouge or text at all to play the game?

I'm all for miracle girls but would want 2 instead of getting something else but 2 for 1 doesn't seem to work for the same game.

Does the Airship Q patch give english text? Do I need a japanese or asian account to get it?

Any other games that don't use dialouge or text at all to play the game?
Game patches and updates work with any region, and any game. So once you insert the cart, within a few seconds, it should give you the download option, and your good to go.

DLC and online passes are region locked to the origin region of the game. So a Asian account is required for any DLC or Online passes for a game like this, but any patches or updates happen like normal.

It's a decent system, but not perfect, especially how hard it is for multiple regions on the Vita. The PS3 was much better, so I have no idea why the Vita was a step back(probably something to due with piracy). "N" seems to have it right with the NS, and I'm still amazed with how well that appears to work for region free. Sadly, the Vita got no love from Sony right out of the gate. LOL

I got this in my email today:

pdiBMhb.jpg

Does anybody know what it really says? I ran it through Google Translate and it said something about my Japanese PSN account being hacked or using wrong information?

Thsnks for play Asia heads up. Got dragon Quest Builders and dokturo but really wanted dragon Quest heroes 2 instead. Unfortunately it was already sold out.

Mircacle Girls and Persona 4 Dancing All Night are showing up at $19.99 total for me, but when I clicked on the Paypal checkout link, the Paypal's total was $38.98.  This is not working for me for some reasons.

Mircacle Girls and Persona 4 Dancing All Night are showing up at $19.99 total for me, but when I clicked on the Paypal checkout link, the Paypal's total was $38.98. This is not working for me for some reasons.
It will still work, so go for it.

The same happened to me with the PP total not showing the PA BOGO discount - this is when you sign into PP and click on that drop-down menu to see why it's $38.98, right? After I submitted the order, the receipt from Play-Asia and PayPal said $22.89.

play-asia has basically a b1g1 free for some vita games, AND on top of that some vita games are reduced to $20 each
This is twice in a row I've taken advantage of a great deal you posted. BTW my Senran Kagura LE from GameFly arrived in good condition except a minor crunch/fold-line in the LE box (expected). With the Play-Asia deal I got two games I don't have yet for very cheap. Dokuro and Miracle Girls. Would have done Airship Q instead of Miracle Girls if I didn't already have it.

So nobody else was able to get their glitch order to ship?

I got Odin Sphere, Dokuro, Airship Q, and Senran Kagura Estival Versus for $27.89. I kind of settled for Senran with Chinese subs because I already had the other games that were in English.

Actually, it seems like some games were removed from the list before the sale officially went live, like Odin Sphere. So I guess I got, like.. quadruply lucky.

So nobody else was able to get their glitch order to ship?

I got Odin Sphere, Dokuro, Airship Q, and Senran Kagura Estival Versus for $27.89. I kind of settled for Senran with Chinese subs because I already had the only other game that was in English (Little Big Planet).
I fucking hate you for being able to get that deal.

Congratulations

I"m waiting for damn play-asia to fix my glitched order. :lol:

EDIT: Finally settled things with Play Asia. 

My PA order shipped, too. Great BOGO prices, but I had trouble finding 2 games that I wanted, let alone 4. Either I have/want the American version or the game has no English option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, I already beat Ray Gigant.

It's also one of those platinum you can get as long as you beat the game, hence why it is sitting as one of my three platinum since I never trophy hunt.

Game is enjoyable, I can still remember the uplifting tune played when initiating the ultimate drive attack.

Limited Run Games keeps saving me money! Seriously though, I know there's a good amount of people that would be/are excited for this game, so I'm happy for them m

How can I properly track my shipments from play-asia.com? One of my items was supposed to arrive yesterday, and I'm not sure how to track the status other than the estimated date that play-asia gives you.

I paid $3.59 for Ray Gigant back in December when I had a psn discount code to use before it expired.  I need to play the game before even considering a physical copy.  If I remember right, the game had pretty mixed reviews with people saying it was generally fun but not really challenging with some pretty boring dungeon designs.   I guess I'll just download it to my pstv and give it a whirl there.   I doubt it's something I'm going to get too hyped to get.

How can I properly track my shipments from play-asia.com? One of my items was supposed to arrive yesterday, and I'm not sure how to track the status other than the estimated date that play-asia gives you.
You can't anymore. USPS stopped tracking Play Asia shipments. The only tracking you get is if it enters the US or not.

bread's done
Back