PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda pricey for Vita game! $44 shipped :)
My thoughts at first as well, but then I realized.. at this point I have practically every single Vita game I'm interested in ever owning (I never go for complete collections of anything, only stuff I actually enjoy playing). Because I'm at this point in my Vita collection, aside from certain LRG releases that are of interest I hardly add Vita games to my collection anymore these days.. so, $44 for a great looking new Vita title that isn't a crappy VN/waifu simulator? Why not. And I love supporting the guys who bring out proper games like these on such a niche platform.

Then it's a good thing I'm not tooo hyped for it. But even if it is 'ok', can't complain much considering how sparse Vita releases are becoming. I'll just keep my expectations at an appropriate level.

This is going to be one of those painfully small print runs apparently.

https://twitter.com/SigEditionGames/status/842037847355990018
Ended up grabbing a copy. Based on the math, I'm guessing it's limited to 1000 copies.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with an analog stick not functioning properly? My left analog stick isn't working right and when I play games the direction is always wanting to point up. Will restoring the system possibly help the issue?
I had the same thing happen to my last one. I don't think the sticks can be recalibrated, so you pretty much have to replace it. I ended up just getting a new vita, but you can find spare parts on eBay if you want to repair it (vita slim sticks)

I did it, I thought, why not? I paid with a credit card through PayPal, so I will charge that back instantly if nothing happens. But maybe, just maybe, it comes through.

It does say it ships from the United States and should be here before next Thursday, so that is a quick turnaround to find out I got ripped off.
Apparently is might have been a scam. I checked my eBay purchase history and saw these two messages:

1) We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

2) This user is no longer registered on eBay.

Seems like that was $16 down the drain. I doubt that I will be receiving anything from that seller, especially when they can't be contacted.

This is going to be one of those painfully small print runs apparently.

https://twitter.com/SigEditionGames/status/842037847355990018
This game looks pretty cool. It'd just go in my backlog right now though. Do you guys think that if I want it this will be the cheapest the physical copy will ever be? I'd hate to have to pay extra to a reseller down the road when I'm ready to actually play it.

Apparently is might have been a scam. I checked my eBay purchase history and saw these two messages:

1) We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

Seems like that was $16 down the drain. I doubt that I will be receiving anything from that seller, especially when they can't be contacted.
Follow through with requesting a Paypal refund using the resolution center.

It's not wasted money if you do something about it. You need to open a dispute with PayPal. The item is no longer listed on eBay, so you can't open a case in the Resolution Center.

My Play Asia Order shipped last night. Looks like they actually held the copies whille they were trying to fix the problem

Hi everyone. Been reading post about play-asia.com here. How can you tell which games are in English? Is all Asia games in English (speaking and subtitle)
It literally tells you. It'll either say Chinese, Japanese, or English in the ( )

No. Only a handful are in English.

Review got OK scores for it.
The user feedback on Steam makes Slain look overall to be a fairly mediocre game. If the game had a lot of good feedback with positive comparisons to games I already love... I'd be in. As is, I don't even know if I want it digital anymore. I think that's kind of where I am with most vita games coming out (digital or physical). Few are really ticking enough boxes and I'm done randomly buying games.

Apparently is might have been a scam.
It was one of the most easily identifiable scams around. Not sure why anyone would even think this had a remote chance of being legit.

I got the same messages.... I tried it and figured, why not.

I just got a shipping notice, though. I expect to get an empty box, or nothing. Probably nothing. I'm going to open a dispute, since the empty box has now shipped.

Sorry if this ends up being a PITA for anyone who pursued it. I posted it as a joke, but then my curiosity got the better of me and I couldn't resist.

Doesn't look like it. I remember having this problem a couple months back and someone suggested blowing into the analog space which actually worked! Blowing into it doesn't seem to be working now.
If blowing in it helped the first time, then it could just be dust around the contacts. A good cleaning around the buttons and analog sticks with some 99% rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip would fix it. I've never opened my Vita so I don't know how complicated it is, but YouTube might be a good place to research.

EDIT: I have a lot of experience fixing old consoles/controllers. If you don't have the right tools, aren't comfortable opening expensive electronics or are accident prone, than I don't suggest doing this.

I just got a shipping notice, though. I expect to get an empty box, or nothing. Probably nothing. I'm going to open a dispute, since the empty box has now shipped.

Sorry if this ends up being a PITA for anyone who pursued it. I posted it as a joke, but then my curiosity got the better of me and I couldn't resist.

You all really should have known better, but I guess everyone has to learn how these things go at some point.

Shipping notice just means they marked it as shipped.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything was shipped, or will be shipped.

These things happen fairly often nowadays anyways.

Hackers actually steal these accounts, starts selling something, and then runs off with the funds, and leaves eBay trying to recover them.

Yes. Look at Shovel Knight prices now. It was available for preorder for much longer and had a larger print run.
I wouldn't compare it to Shovel Knight. People were trying to sell SK for $40-50 on eBay WHILE Fangamer still had copies available for $25. Fangamer didn't sell out until a few days before the price increase deadline, which makes you wonder if Fangamer did something shady...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scammers are sadly a big problem on Ebay at present time, both on the seller and the buyer side.

On the buyer side of the equation, Ebay is having a fit with new "sellers" registering with Ebay through the Ebay China site and listing hot ticket import items for half of what the legit Chinese sellers are offering them at. And just as you have now experienced, they'll sell a bunch of quantity this way via "Buy it Now" and then a week later close their account.

On the selling side (and I do sell a bit every month), issues are much rarer to encounter. Last year is the first year I can remeber not having a single issue arise with a buyer not attempting to pull a scam on me since I started selling on Ebay in 1998! But just within the last couple of weeks I had a issue with a buyer, sub-20 feedback rating, relatively new Ebay member, contacts me the day the package was delivered claiming condition issues with a couple of the items in the lot they'd won upon arrival. I consider myself to be a reasonable person when it comes to business dealings, so I factored the math on what each item in the lot of used items ended up costing them (winning bid  divided by number of items advertised in the lot times the number of items received with alleged condition issues) and immediately issued them a partial refund for the calculated amount. Then proceeded to reply to their message to let them know I was sorry some of the items had been received damaged and had refunded them accordingly.

Well this situation then turned sour. The buyer started sending me harassing messages claiming I wasn't being fair and that the five items out of forty were worth more than half the value of the lot and demanded I refund them $xx.xx amount. I then responded, again with a level head, and explained the facts, those being;

1. Items were sold as a lot.

2. Listing clearly stated that the items were A. Used, and B. sold as-is.

3. If hey searched completed listings they'd I could have easily gotten close to double what they won the lot for on the items not reported damaged had I taken the time to part out the lot into several listings.

4. They theirself could list the good parts from the items reported damaged on Ebay and easily get money for them, and since i'd already fairly refunded them for those items it would be pure profit for them.

And that was my final message to the scammer buyer. And for anyone wondering, it was a lot of kitchen type stuff I was selling on behalf of my mother. I have enough backlog to contend with getting listed without killing myself trying to list over a dozen separate auctions for someone else, so to save myself a good deal of time I asked her what she hoped to get for the lot of everything and managed to accomplish that easily selling it all, as a lot. Less of a issue to deal with that way, and my mother still got a bit more than she was hoping for out of it even after issuing the buyer a partial refund.

So this was when it got interesting though. The scammer buyer then proceeds to accuse me in their next message of altering the listing information post sale, which is not possible to do. Then they messaged me claiming they had received the refund but on their PayPal statement it said I'd issued a full refund, to which this scammer noted was the most reasonable thing I could do for them (C-R-A-Z-Y!), but that something must be wrong becuase the refund balance only showed hte amount which I had told them I had refunded in the first reply message they'd gotten from me. Then they go on to send another harassing message claiming I was scamming them by faking the full refund notification from Pay Pal! :dunce:  Now please keep in mind that at no point throughout this entire ordeal does this scammer-buyer ever make request to send the lot of items back for a refund, that is always a red flag. So final straw was this scammer-buyer files a refund request with Ebay. Notice "Refund Request", not a "Return Request" as this scammer has no intentions to return anything, they just want it all for free! I ended up having to file an abuse report against the buyer with Ebay, and thankfully whomever at Ebay reviews these cases was level headed and ruled in my favor. But this type of crazy bull shit is what has driven tons of Ebay Members away from selling on Ebay over the years, including the rest of my family.

Change of subject back to Vita games.

I don't know if Signature Edition Games (SEG) has specified anywhere exactly how many copies of Slain are being produced. We know the number must be greater than 1,200 as Sony will not take production orders for less than that amount. And, as other have posted in the last twenty-hours, it look like the number may be 1,800. And here's why I'm adding a extra 200 copies in to the current safe theoretical number of 1,600. SEG, Just like LRG, holds back a percentage of the physical production copies of their games to sell from their booth at conventions. And to go out on a limb here, they will probably opt for a nice even quantity production number, like 2,000. That's my two cents on that matter.

As for the pricing from SEG, $44-ish is fair considering currency conversion fees on their end, plus cost of international shipping. Consider how much Rice Digital rips off, I mean charges, international buyers for on international shipping if you'd like to claim the shipping SEG is charging is to high. :roll:

As for the pricing from SEG, $44-ish is fair considering currency conversion fees on their end, plus cost of international shipping. Consider how much Rice Digital rips off, I mean charges, international buyers for on international shipping if you'd like to claim the shipping SEG is charging is to high. :roll:
I actually contacted SEG today to inquire about packaging, and they assured me it would be shipped in a proper box to provide protection. I replied stating I'll believe it when I see it, and to expect me to contact them again if his statement ends up being BS.

I was OK with the cost of this set, so I'll see if the shipping turns out good or not, as that will be a big factor going forward if they drop the ball. I haven't ordered from Rice in a really long time due to their poor packaging, and high prices, so I hope SEG takes things more serious, especially for a LE item.

Read the post above.. Went ahead and ordered Airship Q and Dragonquest Heroes 2.. Wanted Dokuro to go with Airship Q.. Then noticed there is 2 Dokuro types.. "Multi Language" edition & Dokuro "JAPAN" version.. Japan version is $21.99 but when added to cart I got denied.. Went back & purchased Airship and Heroes 2- also used good old "Gematsu" for the additional cheapness in my heart

Read the post above.. Went ahead and ordered Airship Q and Dragonquest Heroes 2.. Wanted Dokuro to go with Airship Q.. Then noticed there is 2 Dokuro types.. "Multi Language" edition & Dokuro "JAPAN" version.. Japan version is $21.99 but when added to cart I got denied.. Went back & purchased Airship and Heroes 2- also used good old "Gematsu" for the additional cheapness in my heart
Do you know how hard it would be to get through Heroes 2 if you have no knowledge of Japanese? I looked at a couple of videos and it seems pretty text heavy.

I actually contacted SEG today to inquire about packaging, and they assured me it would be shipped in a proper box to provide protection. I replied stating I'll believe it when I see it, and to expect me to contact them again if his statement ends up being BS.
I have received two of SEG's PS4 games (Arigami and Slain) so far and both games were shipped in fold over cardboard mailers. I suspect they will use the same type of mailer rather than a box for this release. There was no damage to either game. They include a small package of gummy bears with every order.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble, just saw this posted on a Facebook group I am a member of about Slain.  Not sure I understand it all but it looks like LRG was going to do a run of Slain, but that deal got cancelled?  Not sure if this means there will just be a standard release after the limited edition of Slain sells through.

g8kGiPk.jpg

I have received two of SEG's PS4 games (Arigami and Slain) so far and both games were shipped in fold over cardboard mailers. I suspect they will use the same type of mailer rather than a box for this release. There was no damage to either game. They include a small package of gummy bears with every order.
Sadly, I've had those fold over mailers used mostly from EU places, and they always have mix results. Well, not really mixed, as each time they arrived mushed(not a durable choice at all), it just depends on how solid the item inside is in regards to if it's damaged or not.

Oh well, if it arrives damaged, I'll be letting them know, so either way it will be dealt with. Thanks for the info.

Yep, I saw this was a scam when the listing was removed and the seller's account was deleted. Since the listing was removed, it made it difficult to file a claim through ebay. It wanted me to go through the "Request a Refund, and the seller has 4 days to respond." I thought that was silly for an ebay user with a deleted account.

So I called up ebay support, and had a refund within 5 minutes total time on the phone. They took one look at that auction and immediately refunded it. I had the refund in paypal about 5 minutes after I hung up the phone. So ebay handled this very very well and got my money back super quick.

I ended up having to file an abuse report against the buyer with Ebay, and thankfully whomever at Ebay reviews these cases was level headed and ruled in my favor. But this type of crazy bull shit is what has driven tons of Ebay Members away from selling on Ebay over the years, including the rest of my family.
Reading all the horror stories about people selling on ebay in the last couple years has really made me wary about selling games there. have a bunch of stuff (including a lot of vita games) I do want to sell, but I just don't want to have to deal with the scammers. Previously, when I sold collections off on ebay, I made sure not to do any international orders and to require a certain amount of user feedback or something to help protect myself. Are there any tricks we can use now to maybe limit the market but in doing so protect ourselves a little?

Previously, when I sold collections off on ebay, I made sure not to do any international orders and to require a certain amount of user feedback or something to help protect myself. Are there any tricks we can use now to maybe limit the market but in doing so protect ourselves a little?
That's all you can do really, is try and foresee possible issues and protect yourself as best you can. I haven't had any issues in a really long time(outside of digital codes, those are a nightmare every fuck ing time), but I'm always on the lookout for potential issues, and I've canceled sales, or required money orders from those who appear shady.

If a buyer is legit, they shouldn't have issues with sending a money order, or anything else that you may require to protect yourself. I do a lot of "outside" of Ebay deals and the same rules apply. Just follow the guidelines as much as possible, and send to "verified addresses", and if something looks off, go with your instincts and back out.

Yeah I used to sell a lot on Ebay many years ago, never had a problem back then. But I've read a lot about how Ebay is operating these days, and decided not to sell there anymore. They seem to almost always side with the buyers, leaving little protection from being scammed as a seller.

I have a huge collection of retro games and consoles that I am now in the process of evaluating for sale. Tons of NES, SNES, N64, Saturn, Dreamcast, GBA, etc games and consoles. Just not worth the risk using Ebay anymore IMO.

Just follow the guidelines as much as possible, and send to "verified addresses", and if something looks off, go with your instincts and back out.
I'll definitely keep that in mind. I appreciate the feedback. Maybe before I do any major listing again I'll throw a small group of items up and see how they do. I'm also considering doing some craiglist sales again just to part with things that aren't high value but would be more of a pain to ship. I live in a pretty rural area so not as many crazies out there.

Yeah I used to sell a lot on Ebay many years ago, never had a problem back then. But I've read a lot about how Ebay is operating these days, and decided not to sell there anymore. They seem to almost always side with the buyers, leaving little protection from being scammed as a seller.

I have a huge collection of retro games and consoles that I am now in the process of evaluating for sale. Tons of NES, SNES, N64, Saturn, Dreamcast, GBA, etc games and consoles. Just not worth the risk using Ebay anymore IMO.
Yeah, the seller is fuck 99% of the time where Ebay & Paypal is concerned. I've sold tons of collections over the years, and I can maybe only think of once or twice where there was an issue, and each time it dealt with shipping, and not being able to confirm if the buyer received an item or not.

My only real ongoing issue is with digital game codes, and I've pretty much just stopped trying those, as no matter what I do, it's a lost cause. I can always demand a money order for each code, but those really only sale to those who want to play a game NOW, so having to deal with the back and forth, pretty much means no sales. Although I did sale one that way late last year, but the code was rare I guess, and the demand was pretty high for it, so the buyer was happy to send a money order.

I do have a few codes still sitting around, I guess I should try and sale them here at CAG in the deals area, I just haven't had the time. Hopefully users here won't be the crooks I deal with at Ebay, as it's pretty bad there for codes. I would say 50% are fraudulent, maybe more.

Weird, a few months ago when I brought up what a nightmare selling on Ebay has become, I was basically accused of making shit up. As if the hundreds and thousands of stories on the Ebay community forums don't exist.

Weird, a few months ago when I brought up what a nightmare selling on Ebay has become, I was basically accused of making shit up. As if the hundreds and thousands of stories on the Ebay community forums don't exist.
Just like anything around here, you get those few people who think just because their life is "perfect", that shit doesn't happen to others unless it's their fault. I rarely have issues, and with the amount of volume I deal in, I should have a lot more, but I know the system and how it works, and I know better than to ever think issues don't exist on either side(buying & selling), as they most certainly do.

Play-Asia's vita sale (buy 2 for $19.99) got a restock. I missed out on Dragon Quest Heroes 2 but kept checking the page. Saw lots of games go out of stock, but checked again just now and a lot of them are now back in stock (DQ Heroes 2 included)

https://www.play-asia.com/search/sonysalepsv?ref=sonylanding
So I know I am most likely restarting a previously asked question, but I am still new to buying some of these Asian releases. Unless specifically noted that a title has English voice and/or subtitle, there is no way to add that feature after the fact, right? DQB is a great deal here, but I saw no English present. For all of these, no way to add English via patch/download, etc?

I'll definitely keep that in mind. I appreciate the feedback. Maybe before I do any major listing again I'll throw a small group of items up and see how they do. I'm also considering doing some craiglist sales again just to part with things that aren't high value but would be more of a pain to ship. I live in a pretty rural area so not as many crazies out there.
For the record, under Ebay's current rules you may only accept payments through PayPal, or in person if a local pick-up transaction. As for international shipping, just use Ebay's offered middleman service which auto integrates itself into the transaction for the buyer. You are then only responsible for shipping of the package to Ebay's re-ship center in Kentucky and not responsible for anything that happens to the package after that, which is awesome!

Ebay police's their community forums with a iron fist. Anything that contradicts the image they want their branding to project is promptly removed without any notice given to the person who made the posting.

https://twitter.com/sigeditiongames/status/842798959538135041

I'm still able to add over 500 copies to my cart. I can't be the only one, right?

bread's done
Back