PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Having dropped money for the Steam version of Cosmic Star Heroine I wrote this review after 2:34 of gameplay:

Cosmic Star Heroine

My first impressions were quite good. I have been waiting for this game ever since I found out about it by it's upcoming physical release for PS4 and PSVita. Overall the trailer set my expectations reasonably high and I'm happy with what I have played so far. (the first 4 chapters of the game)
The characters (so far) have easy to understand motivations, and the dialog is just about the right length so that you can get back into the action of the game smoothly. I like how there is some thinking involved in collecting the extra stuff in each area, however the sudden and frequent "door locks behind you" stuff really bugged me, you need to save often, because if you explore and hit an "advance to the next room" toggle, you might not be able to go back...unless you load your game. (I know that there are clear story reasons for some of this, but from a gameplay point of view this bothers me, and disrupts the game-flow as I'm a very eager to collect everything. There are some unclear puzzles that do require you to move forward past a one way area, then after a plot point happens the game lets you return to solve it.) So small nitpicks aside, the art and music work well with the setting and the action of what is going on.

The game runs best (imo) on a game-pad, but keyboard controls are also an option.
Yes, the game will exit if you change a setting, but that is a minor bug and will hopefully be patched out within a few days.

PROS:
+ Clearly a lovingly crafted retro RPG for all us fans.
+ Fun unique combat mechanics.
+ Very nice awesome pixel art.
+ Interesting Characters.
+ Not too much dialog in cut-scenes.
+ Respects your time, and allows you to save anywhere and anytime (outside battle)
+ Some battles can be replayed to grind for loot (it's in the menu for some reason)

CONS:
- Invisible one way triggers will force you onward and you can't go back. (unless you load)
- The ability select screen is a little odd to get used to, took me about 45 min to understand it and reordered my skills how I liked.
So yeah, I hope the same exit the game bug is not on the PS4 game, and should hopefully be patched out by the time the psychical LRG is out. (since the Vita version won't bug you about screen resolutions I'm not too worried.) So far it's a very nice 8/10 experience.

Cosmic Star Heroine

So far it's a very nice 8/10 experience.
Honestly, I was hoping this would be at least an 8, so that's good to hear. I mean a 10 would be better, but for a $15 dollar game like this, 8 seems to be a pretty good place to be. I hope they wrap the Vita version soon, as I haven't played an RPG like this in a very long time, and I'm very much looking forward to this.

Betting on NISA to have some copies of A Rose in the Twilight at AX. Will be picking it up there
Yeah, I forgot about trade shows. They do offer a pretty good selection at those as well, but of course that's limited to those who travel or live in the area of said conventions. But is is a good secondary option once the site is all sold out.

I was curious is there any deals on psp vita console or stores that still sell it new? Or should I just get playstation tv to play vita games?

I know psp vita is not being made anymore, but was wondering.

I was curious is there any deals on psp vita console or stores that still sell it new? Or should I just get playstation tv to play vita games?

I know psp vita is not being made anymore, but was wondering.
Uh, it's the PS Vita, as the PSP was the handheld released previous to the Vita. There are some Ebay sellers that offer them new, but Sony cut off US system sales awhile ago, so I don't believe any big retailers have any new systems left, but you may luck up at retail some place, as they may have some someplace, but that's not likely.

The PS TV only works with certain Vita games, as the ones that need front or rear touch, aren't compatible with the TV system. So you would have less game choices overall with that option. I personally recommend importing a Vita, as Japan still offers systems, and the choices in colors are better than anything we had when the system was being offered.

There are also some good Ebay options for refurbished units as well. I haven't bought any of those, but others here have, and may give some recommendations.

There are some Vita systems on Amazon (imports and domestic) that are brand new. Just be sure to pick one that is fulfilled by Amazon with free Prime shipping as that will help avoid any scammers. Import systems are a good option for having a completely new system. Just keep in mind that new systems over there sell for around $212. Ultimately not a bad price but it's not a cheap system to get into when you start looking at memory card prices. My Vita plus a 64gb card ended up costing me more than my Nintendo Switch.

I would recommend picking up a PSTV, if you can get one on the cheap. I'm talking sub $50. If you're paying more than that for one you're probably paying too much. They got cleared out hard from most stores last year, and a few of us were lucky enough to get them even cheaper than that. It's a keen little system, but as has been pointed out, not all Vita games will run on it. I still feels its worth having as it allows you to run a good number of Vita games on your TV, and its diminutive size makes it quite convenient and portable.

As for the regular Vita, searching through the second-hand stores and eBay is probably your best bet. Finding a brand new unit these days would be quite a challenge.

I have a PSTV instead of a Vita myself, and while the lack of true portability is annoying, the only Vita game I've ever been interested in that doesn't run on it is Gravity Rush, and the ease of transport makes it a good choice to take on extended trips or to a friend's apartment.

Playing Muramasa Rebirth on a big screen is also pretty great.

As someone who has split their vita collection in two for Vita only and PSTV compatible games, I love having both. I replayed almost all my (somewhat limited) digital PSP games on the PSTV because I could finally play the PSP games in full screen mode on a TV. I bought a 2nd PSTV once the news of USB storage on the PSTV allows me to use a SD card via USB adapter to finally have a cheap large space on the device. but the lack of (currently) going on PSN keeps me from filling it up. There are crazy people out there with 2TB External HD attached to their PSTV now! :bow:

This is awesome news for me, potentially anyway. My 2 local Walmart rarely have the items I want in stock. They do still have a decent size area to display the video games on the shelves and cases, and since the stores will no longer shelve PSvita titles this means that all the Vita games that would be ordered might be 2-4$ off. The lack of price matching makes this less of a good thing, but I still find good clearance in store from time to time. (most of which is reported on the Walmart clearance thread already)

The digital support for the PSTV is actually one of its best features. If you have an appreciable collection of digital games on PSN, the PSTV is your best friend. While you only get some of the Vita-native cartridge games, the selection of digital indie games usually work on the PSTV. And a HUGE number of PSP digital and PS1 digital games run on the PSTV just fine. Some of my PS1 favorites are permantently stored on my PSTV.

I didn't know that external USB storage had been enabled for the PSTV. I will need to give that a try. Even just a thumb-drive would drastically increase the standard storage methods.

I didn't know that external USB storage had been enabled for the PSTV. I will need to give that a try. Even just a thumb-drive would drastically increase the standard storage methods.
WOW, I didn't know that either. Now if they could come up with some way to expand the Vita's memory past those damn cards, I would be set.

USB storage on the PSTV allows me to use a SD card via USB adapter to finally have a cheap large space on the device. but the lack of (currently) going on PSN keeps me from filling it up. There are crazy people out there with 2TB External HD attached to their PSTV now!
Th-this... this is a thing?

image.gif

For hacked systems only it seems. So... no it's not a thing for those of us staying on the legit side with the PSTV.
Did you happen to notice if the Vita has any improved options for memory once hacked? I haven't looked in to it yet, but I would for a better situation memory wise.

If not for LRG, and the occasional game I can delete in place of the physical version, I'm pretty much stuck in a rather run around situation in regards to not having enough space, and it does suck.

Did you happen to notice if the Vita has any improved options for memory once hacked? I haven't looked in to it yet, but I would for a better situation memory wise.
My Vita is not hacked. If it did it would probably only be 2000 models and involve converter cables and stuff. I'd imagine that would be super awkward.

I find it's easy to just manage my memory card and delete things I don't play. Even on my PSTV with the 8gb card it came with, I just mainly use it for PSP, PS1, Minis and the smaller Vita games (mostly indies). The 64gb card in my Vita... I try to keep about 5 or so gigs free so if I decide I want to play something that isn't on there I can just download and play.

Sony should really release a patch for the PSTV that just enables using the USB port for loading content. I know they're really not all that invested in continuing to support the PSTV, but they would lose very little from such a gesture, and gain quite a bit of good will from those of us who did buy that diminutive system.

They already did it for the PS4, it's time they did it for the PSTV as well.

I just finished Odin Sphere, and I have the option to start Toukiden: Kiwami or Legend of Heroes - Trials of Cold Steel.

Which one should I choose to play first?

The Vita TV is the only one with alternate memory options. But on the flipside, the Vita gets direct USB file transfer while the TV doesn't.
The only decent work around is if someone has a Playstation plus and wants to transfer their saves between systems they can upload and download them between the PS Vita and PS TV but you'll need to at least have a memory card on the vita to play any game

Hate to be the one to dash hopes, but the release date is 2/12/2013 and the game was released digitally for Vita in North America in 2013. I think it is more likely this is old code that somehow was dredged up than an actual new title.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/earth-defense-force-2017-portable/cid=UP0367-PCSE00209_00-EDF2017PORTABLE0

Way to piss in Tweeg's Cheerios, guys.
It's okay, I was half expecting the meteorologist on TV to report a record snow fall in hell today in light of Wal*Mart breaking news of a game release. Still a bit disappointing, I don't mess around with viewing the digital-only games on the PSN Store so didn't know it was already there.

I'm looking for a PS vita memory card  8gb , 16gb or higher.  I remember they were getting clearanced out somewhere, but now they seem super expensive everywhere. Any thoughts where I can pick one up, for cheap.  I know where to get them if I take out a loan against my mortgage.   suggestions ?

I'm looking for a PS vita memory card 8gb , 16gb or higher. I remember they were getting clearanced out somewhere, but now they seem super expensive everywhere. Any thoughts where I can pick one up, for cheap. I know where to get them if I take out a loan against my mortgage. suggestions ?
Somebody who doesn't really give a damn and just wants to get rid of stuff on your local CL, Letgo, or OfferUp is your best bet.

I'm looking for a PS vita memory card 8gb , 16gb or higher. I remember they were getting clearanced out somewhere, but now they seem super expensive everywhere. Any thoughts where I can pick one up, for cheap. I know where to get them if I take out a loan against my mortgage. suggestions ?
I have an 8gb I'm not using. I would sell it or trade if you're interested. Shoot me a PM if so.

bread's done
Back