PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
A little of both lol. I paid for Breach & Clear, but I lucked into a copy of Epic Mickey 2 thanks to a traveling coworker in Central America.
Sweet!

I just caved in a few weeks back and bought the EU release of Epic Mickey, as I figured a miracle would need to happen for me to the US version at a decent cost.

Sorry if this is old news, but the Gamestop I was at this morning had sku converted Corpse Party Blood Drive Ever After Edition to pre-owned, but left the packages new/sealed and had them in the system case. It's $19.99, so $17.99 after PUR. There were three, I left two. 

Store #5287 if anyone wants to try to have it shipped from there.

Based off of advice from people on the board I also bought steins gate, though I have no idea when I'll get to it

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I would say MeiQ is worth a try at a couple bucks, if you already exhausted the better DRPGs like DT2/DG and need to get some DRPG action once in a while.

Iffy games IMHO are worth when they go down to 3-4 bucks always (such as the Neptunia games). They might not be amazing and need more polishing and bigger budgets, but are worth a try at that range. Even something I kind of disliked like Trillion I would recommend at $3-4 or so just to see if it's worth your time.

At this point Ar no Surge is the last game I need that I consider a white whale. I know a lot of people think the first 3 Limited Run games are white whale games.
Yeah, I would agree on that one as well, as it's one of the most expensive Vita games out there. There's also that first Iffy release, that was done through amazon, and went in like 3 seconds. I do believe it has a vanilla version though, so it may not qualify as a white whale item.

Yeah, I would agree on that one as well, as it's one of the most expensive Vita games out there. There's also that first Iffy release, that was done through amazon, and went in like 3 seconds. I do believe it has a vanilla version though, so it may not qualify as a white whale item.
The Neptune Rebirth 1 LE, on eBay a sealed one goes for $1500, yikes.

The Neptune Rebirth 1 LE, on eBay a sealed one goes for $1500, yikes.
Yep, that was it^

I sold mine shortly after I received it for around $350-$450 if I remember correctly. WOW, $1500 for a recent release is pretty nuts. I've sold some vintage games & system in that area, but I've only had one recent title at that level, and that was the Dead Space LE for the 360, and I sold that one awhile back for $1400.

Idea Factory's HDN: Re;Birth 1 L.E. was truly very limited, and not well publicized. Only 1,000 copies of the L.E. were produced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:

Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2017 -
- 2nd Quarter
Akiba's Beat (5/16)
Farming Simulator 18 (6/6)
God Wars: Future Past (6/20)
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (5/16)
Mutant Mudds: Deluxe (5/12)
Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge (5/12)
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (5/16)
Risk of Rain (5/28)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (5/23)
Tokyo Xanadu (6/30)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (2nd Quarter)
- 3rd Quarter
Collar X Malice (3rd Quarter)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (9/26)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (3rd Quarter)
Plague Road (3rd Quarter)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter)
- 4th Quarter
Tokyo Tattoo Girls (4th Quarter)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth (4th Quarter)
- Release Date Not Yet Announced
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Fallen Legion (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Oceanhorn (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt and Sanctuary (TBA)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)
Ys Origin (TBA)
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (TBA / Fall)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Aksys Games -
Tokyo Xanadu
Limited Edition - Available
- $69.99
- http://aksysgames.com/tx/
- Release Date: June 30th, 2017

- Atlus -
Nothing announced.

- Idea Factory -
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds
Limited Edition - Available
- $72.99
- http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/HakuokiKyotoWindsLE
- Release Date: May 16th, 2017

- Limited Run Games -
Mutant Mudds: Deluxe
Limited Physical Edition - On Sale Release Date
- $24.99
- https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-53-mutant-mudds-deluxe-vita
- Release Date: Mat 12th, 2017

Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge
- $24.99
- https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-55-mutant-mudds-super-challenge-vita
- Release Date: Mat 12th, 2017

Risk of Rain
- $24.99
- https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-57-risk-of-rain-vita
- Release Date: Mat 26th, 2017

- Marvelous! / XSeed Games -
Nothing announced.

- NIS America -
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Limited Edition - Less than 25% remaining.
- $79.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony-limited-edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: September 26th, 2017

God Wars: Future Past
Limited Edition - SOLD OUT!
- $74.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/god-wars-future-past-limited-edition
- Release Date: June 20th, 2017

Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy
Limited Edition - Less than 10% remaining.
- $59.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/operation-babel-new-tokyo-legacy-limited-edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: May 16th, 2017

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows
Limited Edition - Not yet available.
- $ TBA
- http://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/yomawari-midnight-shadows
- Release Date: Fall 2017

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
Limited Edition - Less than 50% remaining.
- $69.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-limited-edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: Fall 2017

What does everyone think about the Limited Run / Signature Edition partnership?

Personally, I've been feeling burned out on Limited Run lately. The games I'm excited for have no news or updates on release dates despite being announced for months, and I'm just buying the games to keep up on my complete collection. I'm not sure I want to start collecting another company's releases.

I do want a complete vita set, but I'm really not feeling all of these limited releases. I've started to consider focusing on ESRB rated games and just the few Limited Run / Signature Edition / Fan Gamer / Kickstarter releases that interest me. Is anyone else feeling this way, or is it just me?

What does everyone think about the Limited Run / Signature Edition partnership?

Personally, I've been feeling burned out on Limited Run lately. The games I'm excited for have no news or updates on release dates despite being announced for months, and I'm just buying the games to keep up on my complete collection. I'm not sure I want to start collecting another company's releases.

I do want a complete vita set, but I'm really not feeling all of these limited releases. I've started to consider focusing on ESRB rated games and just the few Limited Run / Signature Edition / Fan Gamer / Kickstarter releases that interest me. Is anyone else feeling this way, or is it just me?
For me personally, I don't mind any of these $25-$30 releases, as the price is right. I did recently start to get more selective on the LE bundles, as those average about $60, and outside of the included art books, they are of little interest to me.

So for me, these smaller and cheaper run games are fine, it's the more expensive sets that are doing me the most harm.

Yes, it is financially difficult to keep up with all these releases, to say nothing of a bit hectic with LRG having to be online, signed in, and ready to pay the second their game releases go on sale or risk missing out entirely.

Apparently LRG will make money from handling Signature Editions North American shipping for them, much like how Right Stuf handles the national distribution of anime media for several major competing anime publisher's. This is a good thing as shipping for anywhere in the British territories to the U.S.A. is absurdly overpriced.

Rather happy no potential physical Vita game releases have turned up on KS in a little while as those tend to be quite expensive! I sunk over a hundred bucks each into "Sharin no Kuni", "Muv Luv Trilogy", and "Libra of the Vampire Princess". That last title stinging a bit since the Vita version got cancelled before they even attempted to make it.

Edit:

Hang on, it's "Special Reserve Games" that LRG is going to be handling distribution for, not "Signature Edition Games"! Guess SEG Will still be collecting $10 to $12 S&H from me each release.

I need LRG to announce more JPN games. That's all I want from them.

Hopefully we get an update from Muv Luv Team soon. I read that they had some news.

Still waiting on Sekai Project's "mythical Vita titles".

I'm okay with LRG's partnership with Signature, if it yields quality releases. I've never wanted to go for a full LRG set or Vita collection in general, and only pick up games I'm really interested in. That said, it's getting harder for me to justify the $25-30 price on some of these LRG releases. I'm only looking forward to 'Salt and Sanctuary' and 'Ys Origin' right now (though I'm considering 'Cosmic Star Heroine') as far as LRG releases are concerned.

So Utawarerumono:Mask of Deception is out on the 23rd of this month & I think this is the first Ps Vita game release that has a Slip-case..

So Utawarerumono:Mask of Deception is out on the 23rd of this month & I think this is the first Ps Vita game release that has a Slip-case..
I didn't realize it was going to have a slip case. That's pretty cool! I googled it but it appears that the slipcase is for the art book. The images suggest that, at least... But I'm hopeful!

My list of Vita must wants is going lower and lower every day. Need some more localizations announced. God Wars, Utaware games, and Mary Skelter....think that's about it for my wants. I wish NISA would localize some more of their dungeon crawlers (I really wanted Great Edo Blacksmith).

Some are fringe wants like Summon Knight V (just doesn't look too awesome), Operation Babel (little meh on previous game) and Danganronpa 3 (I may get PS4 version just cause you will have to download high quality voice pack....).

My list is even smaller, because I don't enjoy dungeon crawlers or visual novels. Outside of the LRG releases I mentioned, only Ys VIII is a must get for me. I'm going to wait and see on God Wars (I don't typically have the patience for grid-based strategy games) and Akiba's Beat.

God Wars....is also fringe if I think about it since the shown footage has looked very boring, but I hear it has a lot of customization. Ys VIII will easily be bought for my PS4 along with Tokyo Xanadu. I prefer those games on the larger screen, esp since Ys VIII looks pretty good graphic wise.

I broke down and bought Ar no Surge. 2 games left for a full set.....

Ys Origins and Cosmic Star Heroine are my two most anticipated LRG releases. I am interested in World End Economica, YIIK and Dragon Fantasy 1 as well.

I have also preordered every announced retail release announced so far leaving me just to follow up on LRG and other online only low print run releases.

Never let it be said the Vita doesn't have supporters!

I broke down and bought Ar no Surge. 2 games left for a full set.....

Ys Origins and Cosmic Star Heroine are my two most anticipated LRG releases. I am interested in World End Economica, YIIK and Dragon Fantasy 1 as well.

I have also preordered every announced retail release announced so far leaving me just to follow up on LRG and other online only low print run releases.

Never let it be said the Vita doesn't have supporters!

I take it owning Yomawari doesn't count even though it has both games on that cart?
Bingo! I mean yes, technically you do have it, but it's more or less a "we had tons of space leftover on the cart and threw it on as a bonus" type affair. Anyone going for a true R1 full set will still want to own the stand-a-lone game, or even better yet the L.E. of the game which came in a nice box with art book and the soundtrack CD.

huh had to update my vita again today.  I guess someone must have figured out another mod that sony doesn't want us to have again.

Bingo! I mean yes, technically you do have it, but it's more or less a "we had tons of space leftover on the cart and threw it on as a bonus" type affair. Anyone going for a true R1 full set will still want to own the stand-a-lone game, or even better yet the L.E. of the game which came in a nice box with art book and the soundtrack CD.
Exactly! I went back and forth on this for awhile, but I always knew I wouldn't be satisfied unless I had a true complete collection.

For anyone else who is going for a global English full set, Drive Girls (European release) is available for pre-order from Game and Play-Asia (and the listing is up on Amazon UK but not yet live):

Game (GBP 29.99 + 4.95 shipping = $45.21): http://www.game.co.uk/en/drive-girls-1896926

Play-Asia ($39.99 + $4.99 Shipping = $44.98): http://www.play-asia.com/drive-girls/13/70b4st?affiliate_id=1961061&tagid=1961061

Amazon UK (listing is up, but currently unavailable): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rising-Star-Games-5060102954651-PlayStation/dp/B06XRR92DB/ref=sr_tnr_p_1_1590489031_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493987037&sr=8-1&keywords=vita+drive+girls 

For anyone else who is going for a global English full set, Drive Girls (European release) is available for pre-order from Game and Play-Asia (and the listing is up on Amazon UK but not yet live):

Game (GBP 29.99 + 4.95 shipping = $45.21): http://www.game.co.uk/en/drive-girls-1896926

Play-Asia ($39.99 + $4.99 Shipping = $44.98): http://www.play-asia.com/drive-girls/13/70b4st?affiliate_id=1961061&tagid=1961061

Amazon UK (listing is up, but currently unavailable): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rising-Star-Games-5060102954651-PlayStation/dp/B06XRR92DB/ref=sr_tnr_p_1_1590489031_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493987037&sr=8-1&keywords=vita+drive+girls
365 Games UK also has it available for preorder for about GBP 30 shipped to the US which I think is a little less than Game and 365 gives points that can be redeemed for discounts down the line. Any chance of a US release given that it's Rising Star Games?

Is there an absolute for sure answer about if...
Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition for PsVita Has all the "DLC" on the cartridge itself or is it a Guinea Pig situation....? Was looking for an unboxing of the game etc. Pics.. Anything.. Then I read there is a 3gb update from someones post and I'm just lost about this all..

Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition for PsVita Has all the "DLC" on the cartridge itself or is it a Guinea Pig situation....? Was looking for an unboxing of the game etc. Pics.. Anything.. Then I read there is a 3gb update from someones post and I'm just lost about this all..
On the cart. Your old data gets transferred over

Where is the post mentioning the update

I think I just completed my PSVita North American set. I'm in the process of buying Oddworld off of someone in a Facebook group, and I bought HtoL#NiQ on Saturday.

I read on neogaf that a person that bought a copy mentioned that the DLC and all the patches are on the cart. They even posted some pictures of the contents of the box. Hope this helps in some way.

bread's done
Back