PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
meh its happened long enough before already. I've seen Gameboy take down the Lynx, game gear, neo geo pocket, game com, neo geo color. all beat without a sweat, gameboy ruled recess.
only the psp put up a decent fight.

but than again maybe the 3ds is the last handheld and the switch will take over.
My Switch has totally replaced my 3DS even though the library of great 3DS games I haven't played is deep. It just feels so damned good to play things like Zelda and Splatoon 2 on the go.

Still love my VITA too though. Actually just ordered my first Slim yesterday.

The Switch makes me wish all the major platforms had a Switch-like device. Sure it isn't going to happen and we can't cram a PS4 into something the size of a galaxy tab, but a person can dream.

WOW!!! Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas for Vita just sold out in under four minutes! Plague Road for Vita sold out in under six minutes! Haven't seen LRG Vita releases sell this fast in a while.

They technically both sold pretty much the same amount of time, but Plague Road was just about a minute delayed on the listing, so it just appeared to have been slower. ;D

WOW!!! Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas for Vita just sold out in under four minutes! Plague Road for Vita sold out in under six minutes! Haven't seen LRG Vita releases sell this fast in a while.
Have any of you had much luck with the trading forum? I missed out on Oceanhorn and Plague Road this morning. Had them in my cart and would not let me checkout. I am fairly sure it was less than 4 minutes for Oceanhorn Vita, unless my luck was really bad. I was having issues at 8:04.

its cause many ppl know about LRG nowadays.

Have any of you had much luck with the trading forum? I missed out on Oceanhorn and Plague Road this morning. Had them in my cart and would not let me checkout. I am fairly sure it was less than 4 minutes for Oceanhorn Vita, unless my luck was really bad. I was having issues at 8:04.
there will be more today at 6PM EST.

I am aware, but I am worried I might need to explore the trade option. I don't think I will be able to get both this afternoon.
We have faith!

You got this bro!

giphy.gif

How's Superbeat Xonic? Found a copy on a forum for about $15 and I'm thinking of picking it up. Looks like a fun game for my daily train commute. Just want to make sure it's good and worth the price

How's Superbeat Xonic? Found a copy on a forum for about $15 and I'm thinking of picking it up. Looks like a fun game for my daily train commute. Just want to make sure it's good and worth the price
Supposed to be good but I haven't played it myself. Either way, $15 is a good price for it.

The game is excellent and the music is top notch. It's a steal at $15.

An excellent game. Took me a while to get the hang of it at the higher difficulty levels. Once I finished it on the Vita I picked it up on sale on the PS4 because I liked it so much. Well worth $15,

For those of us with an accumulation of Trade-Credit at the old Gamestop... And you don't want to risk having your game squished into a Bubble Mailer from Amazon... I just Pre-Ordered Axiom Verge:Multiverse Edition..
As well as the Velocity 2x Critical Mass Edition and Drive Girls for the hell of it..

Don't feel to bad, as there are a ton of guys over on NeoGAF that where ready on time for the second batch, and still missed out. It seems the afternoon went faster than the morning.
Probably more accessible to a broader range of people later in the day. Ironically as much as I love my Vita this was the first LRG game I actually even made a vain attempt at and I failed miserably. Probably for the best because my completist nature would have compelled me to get the rest of their releases and that would have been an expensive can of worms lol.

Probably more accessible to a broader range of people later in the day. Ironically as much as I love my Vita this was the first LRG game I actually even made a vain attempt at and I failed miserably. Probably for the best because my completist nature would have compelled me to get the rest of their releases and that would have been an expensive can of worms lol.
Octodad has been the only LRG Vita release so far that I nearly missed completely. I missed the first wave entirely and when the second wave went up I got stuck with having to order the expensive copy with the silk tie because the game-only copies sold out crazy quick.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2017 -
- 3rd Quarter

Bad Apple Wars (9/29)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (9/26)
Drive Girls (9/8)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (8/31)
Rabi-Ribi (3rd Quarter)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter?)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (8/15)
Tokyo Tattoo Girls (9/26)
Undertale (3rd Quarter)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth (9/5)
Ys Origin (8/25)
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (9/12)
- 4th Quarter
Axiom Verge : Multiverse Edition (10/17)
Chaos;Child (4th Quarter)
Demon Gaze II (4th Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (4th Quarter?)
Velocity 2X : Critical Mass Edition (10/3)
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (10/24)
- Release Date Not Yet Announced
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (TBA)
2064: Read Only Memories (TBA)
Battle Princess Madelyn (TBA)
Claire: Extended Cut (TBA)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Croixleur Sigma (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Factotum 90 (TBA)
Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Home: A Unique Horror Adventure (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (TBA)
Shakedown Hawaii (TBA)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Under Night In-Brith Exe:Late[st] (TBA)
Va-11 Hall-A (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- 2018 -
7’sCarlet (TBA)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)
Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ (TBA)
Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk (TBA)
Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly (TBA)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Has anyone ordered used games from gamestop website? I'm wondering if they convert new to used like stores do, and take my chances on getting original boxes and artwork or continue to hunt in stores.

Has anyone ordered used games from gamestop website? I'm wondering if they convert new to used like stores do, and take my chances on getting original boxes and artwork or continue to hunt in stores.
Mixed bag.

When new sku gets converted to used, it applies to all mediums, including online, so it'd be the same if it's been converted.

As far as what you'll actually get. It's a fairly mixed bag.

I've ordered several times 4 copies of the same game in hopes of getting one complete.

2 of those times, only 1 out of the 4 arrived with the original case. 1 of those times, it was 2 out of 4.

So yeah, sort of a toss up. I mean, you can always swap out cases if a store carries it, assuming they haven't tossed the cases out yet, but I wouldn't recommend it as a better solution to trying to get a complete copy if your store does toss out cases.

Mixed bag.

When new sku gets converted to used, it applies to all mediums, including online, so it'd be the same if it's been converted.

As far as what you'll actually get. It's a fairly mixed bag.

I've ordered several times 4 copies of the same game in hopes of getting one complete.

2 of those times, only 1 out of the 4 arrived with the original case. 1 of those times, it was 2 out of 4.

So yeah, sort of a toss up. I mean, you can always swap out cases if a store carries it, assuming they haven't tossed the cases out yet, but I wouldn't recommend it as a better solution to trying to get a complete copy if your store does toss out cases.
Thanks. I've been on the search for some stuff I can't get locally since I'm on vacation in another state but the driving for the search is killing me.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Just bumped "Muv Luv Trilogy" to 4th Quarter per information released today by Degica Games. Vita version localization is on hiatus until they finish localization and release of Muv Luv Alternative on Steam, which they believe they will have ready by sometime in September or October.

This pushes the release of Muv Luv Trilogy for the Vita coming out this year, if this year all, into a November - December time frame.

Does anyone know a reliable place to get a brand new PlayStation Vita at?
Amazon has 3rd party sellers.

Amazon Japan has reasonable shipping rates since they bought their own fleet of aircraft.

If you're talking traditional retailers, they're sold through and at best have one sitting in a clearance bin. The best purchasing time was 2015-2016 for clearance fire sales. A rumor popped up that North American store restocks were cancelled by Sony last March and shelves were cleared after the piracy exploit came out. There were pretty sweet deals on $20 PSTV units then.

Recently got my order from gamestop, none of my vita or 3ds games came with original cover art or manuals. I ordered 7 in total.

I'd return all of them.
If you have several gamestops nearby with stock on the games you bought it might be worth checking in and seeing if they will swap cases with you. If you are polite and tell them they are games you are planning to keep and not trade in down the road they will probably make the switch for you.

Problem I am running into with this is fewer and fewer Vita games seem to have the original case and artwork in store. I wish gamestop sold games like eStarland does where they have different listings for complete and game only.

Well my poor 2000 became one of the ones with a left analog stick issue. This is sadly a growing trend among the model.

Just found a brand new 1000 and bought. Back to team OLED I go. I'll sacrifice the battery life and ergonomics for a more reliable model.

Well my poor 2000 became one of the ones with a left analog stick issue. This is sadly a growing trend among the model.
My first 2000 had progressively worsening drift in the left stick. So this is a common problem?

A fellow CAG hooked me up with a NIB 2000 that I've been using since, but i have a 1000 in storage for a rainy day.

Same thing here. Left stick would drag (up or down) can't remember. I bought a new stick on eBay for like $7 and fixed it myself though. Wasn't too hard

It's probably worth noting the US Playstation site has entirely removed the Buy button from the Vita page in the past month. 

bread's done
Back