PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much. I finally got fate/extella and at a great price. its cool to see a vita deal after so damn long.
And it's a great game for the Vita. Runs pretty well even with the chaos on screen. It may drain your battery a little faster than usual though.

As a fan of the anime, the game is among my Vita highlights of year, and adding to the line of yearly Vita highlights, Danganronpa 3 (loving it so far) and hopefully YS VIII. Pretty sure YS VIII is gonna be awesome from what I gathered so far.

And it's a great game for the Vita. Runs pretty well even with the chaos on screen. It may drain your battery a little faster than usual though.

As a fan of the anime, the game is among my Vita highlights of year, and adding to the line of yearly Vita highlights, Danganronpa 3 (loving it so far) and hopefully YS VIII. Pretty sure YS VIII is gonna be awesome from what I gathered so far.
Did you see NIS is going to update the translation? Might want to wait until that is done in November before starting YS.

Did you see NIS is going to update the translation? Might want to wait until that is done in November before starting YS.
Did not know that. Since I have to finish Dangan 3 and YS MoC before YS VIII anyways, they can take their sweet time. It's probably a good idea to interleave an action game between YS MoC and YS VIII as well, I generally get fatigued when I play big long Japanese RPGs back to back.

I haven't started the game yet either, but I've seen plenty of examples of that translation floating around online. It's...interesting. I'm glad they're redoing it. When the few instances of English in the JP version of the game are better than the English in the NA version, you know something went wrong!

Another future LRG title?

https://twitter.com/COWCATGames/status/917737665784680450
He mentioned in the replies that no physical version is currently planned, but that LRG is the best hope to fix that. I'd love to see this and Demetrios get the LRG treatment. The guy at COWCAT is a pretty swell dude and I'd buy both games again to support him.

Well I took the gamble and bought 8 Vita games with Gamestops 4/$X sale online, hoping to get at least a few complete games to fill out my collection...Yeah, that was a bad choice.  8 out of 8 were cart only >.<

Learned my lesson!

Well I took the gamble and bought 8 Vita games with Gamestops 4/$X sale online, hoping to get at least a few complete games to fill out my collection...Yeah, that was a bad choice. 8 out of 8 were cart only &gt;.&lt;

Learned my lesson!
If you can find some complete in a store, go that route. PUR discounts stack with the sale in stores but not online, too.

Well I took the gamble and bought 8 Vita games with Gamestops 4/$X sale online, hoping to get at least a few complete games to fill out my collection...Yeah, that was a bad choice. 8 out of 8 were cart only &gt;.&lt;

Learned my lesson!
A year or two ago, you may have got 1 in 3 complete(if you where lucky), now with the Vita being all but done in the states as far as Sony goes, your outcome isn't very surprising. LOL

My nearest GS, is also probably the highest money earner in town, and they got rid of their Vita section a while back. I always assumed it was gone, but recently I asked, and he was like here's a list of what we have. So I asked if the games where complete, and he said some are, some aren't.

The store while not the biggest, is pretty close, and the Vita always had 2 little shelves on the end of a display section. This store has tons of crap everywhere, but not 2 shelves they can display Vita games for? So I used to get a game there now and again, when the price was right, or during B2G1 offers, but now I don't even bother. GS really is the worst.

If you can find some complete in a store, go that route. PUR discounts stack with the sale in stores but not online, too.
Where the hell do you live that you can find 4 complete vita games that you don't already own in a Gamestop? Every place near me has maybe 15-20 preowned games left, with maybe 1 that still has cover art.

Where the hell do you live that you can find 4 complete vita games that you don't already own in a Gamestop? Every place near me has maybe 15-20 preowned games left, with maybe 1 that still has cover art.
I think its hit or miss because the ones near me have some nice Vita selections plus they come with original package that look brand new. From what I gather from the employees I'm one of the very few that actually still buy Vita games. To be honest I ended up going to a GS that I don't normally go to (which is like 30 minutes away) this last weekend and ended up using the text B2G1 to get Dungeon Travelers 2, Hyperdimension Neptune U and Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls all complete and mint.

Around my town, it's about half &amp; half, in regards to what is on display(in the stores that have them displayed). If I ever want to drive around town, I can normally find some decent complete games. During this last B2G1 offering, I was just to busy to do a run, but there is always complete games to be had.

My store doesn't really have any notable Vita games that are completed, besides the occasional new release that's been gutted. Then again, I've bought most of the notable complete ones that have come through in the last year or so. (Gravity Rush, Child of Light, Odin Sphere, SK Shinovi Versus...)

The problem for me is how badly GameStop has screwed up used game pricing. This is not a recent thing, it's been happening for the better part of two decades. And GameStop aren't the only ones contributing to it, EBay is also to blame. But GameStop has definitely been a prime factor.

Basically, used game pricing sucks. Most used games these days are literally $1-$3 cheaper than their brand-new counterparts. At that kind of a difference, there's really no decent reason to go for a used copy. And except in very rare cases, GameStop does not have decent sales. Every once in a while you'll see a B2G1 free sale. But even those are based on the inlfated used pricing which never seems to lower. So their appeal is more than a little limited.

When you compare all this to pricing on brand-new games, the disparity is obvious. GameStop's used pricing never really drops or goes on sale. But brand-new copies at big-box and on-line retailers do go on sale. And occasionally they are put on clearance. Over the past decade, I've found that I can consistently find brand-new copies for cheaper than used copies, pretty much 100% of the time. I often have to be patient, but for the discerning shopper used pricing at GameStop has essentially killed used game shopping. Rarity, and the occasional game that slips out of wide availability is now the only reason I ever go into a GameStop. And nine times out of ten, I leave without buying anything.

Once upon a time going into used game stores was a thrilling hunt for me. It was possible to find decent prices, bargains, and the occasional rare gem. GameStop has ruined all of that.

Gamestop doesn't price used games to target customers who buy 50 games a year and have GCU/Prime.  They price them high for the walk-in traffic who are happy to save something over the cost of buying new.  Than they have the 10%/20% off via membership, B2G1 sales, etc... for all of us.

The problem for me is how badly GameStop has screwed up used game pricing. This is not a recent thing, it's been happening for the better part of two decades. And GameStop aren't the only ones contributing to it, EBay is also to blame. But GameStop has definitely been a prime factor.

Basically, used game pricing sucks. Most used games these days are literally $1-$3 cheaper than their brand-new counterparts. At that kind of a difference, there's really no decent reason to go for a used copy. And except in very rare cases, GameStop does not have decent sales. Every once in a while you'll see a B2G1 free sale. But even those are based on the inlfated used pricing which never seems to lower. So their appeal is more than a little limited.

When you compare all this to pricing on brand-new games, the disparity is obvious. GameStop's used pricing never really drops or goes on sale. But brand-new copies at big-box and on-line retailers do go on sale. And occasionally they are put on clearance. Over the past decade, I've found that I can consistently find brand-new copies for cheaper than used copies, pretty much 100% of the time. I often have to be patient, but for the discerning shopper used pricing at GameStop has essentially killed used game shopping. Rarity, and the occasional game that slips out of wide availability is now the only reason I ever go into a GameStop. And nine times out of ten, I leave without buying anything.

Once upon a time going into used game stores was a thrilling hunt for me. It was possible to find decent prices, bargains, and the occasional rare gem. GameStop has ruined all of that.
This is no longer true for vita games for the past 2 years. I doubt you can find any new game cheaper then it's used counterpart

And in doing so, they have crippled what was previously an enjoyable part of my hobby. (shopping for games) Their obsessive quest for profits, and consolidation of an entire second-hand industry essentially spoiled that industry for people like me, by re-targeting it at casual rubes. And it did this to the benefit of its stockholders, and no one else. The second hand game market now consists of just GameStop. All competitors are so much smaller, and so much less accesible that GameStop is basically running the entire show. It's incredibly frustrating for anyone old enough to remember a time when this behemoth wasn't lumbering around. I used to love shopping for used games. Now I essentially never buy games used! GameStop's exploitative policies are largely to blame for this current, lamentable state of affairs.

This is no longer true for vita games for the past 2 years. I doubt you can find any new game cheaper then it's used counterpart
Yes, I can. All I have to do is pre-order it from Best Buy or Amazon. The pre-order discount they provide usually drops the price below whatever sticker GameStop will EVER put on one of those titles. And GameStop won't even have any of those games available a month after release anyway.

Yes, I can. All I have to do is pre-order it from Best Buy or Amazon. The pre-order discount they provide usually drops the price below whatever sticker GameStop will EVER put on one of those titles. And GameStop won't even have any of those games available a month after release anyway.
I've never bought any vita game new especially with only a 20 percent discount. Gamestop if your patient, will beat all, if you combine b2g1.

I have well over 200 (all complete)vita carts and haven't had to buy new unless limited to only one retailer like lRG.

Yeah, of the 8 games I bought online, none were complete in my area.  I ended up selling the lot for a couple dollars more than I paid.  Back to the hunt!

But yeah, my local Gamestops do have some complete Vita games, probably 8-10 per store, but never enough for a B2G1 of games that I don't already own.  I usually grab one or two and combine with PS4 games.  The 4/$X sales is a great deal, IF you can find 4 games in the right price range that are complete...

And in doing so, they have crippled what was previously an enjoyable part of my hobby. (shopping for games) Their obsessive quest for profits, and consolidation of an entire second-hand industry essentially spoiled that industry for people like me, by re-targeting it at casual rubes. And it did this to the benefit of its stockholders, and no one else. The second hand game market now consists of just GameStop. All competitors are so much smaller, and so much less accesible that GameStop is basically running the entire show. It's incredibly frustrating for anyone old enough to remember a time when this behemoth wasn't lumbering around. I used to love shopping for used games. Now I essentially never buy games used! GameStop's exploitative policies are largely to blame for this current, lamentable state of affairs.
No there is plenty of competition for GameStop for used games. The real problem is it doesn't matter because like GameStop everybody uses ebay pricing now anyway so everything is the same overpriced no matter where you go. You can rarely even buy things at yard sales or Goodwill anymore without people looking things up on ebay for prices one by one.

ebay essentially broke any kind of price competition for 2nd hand games by ensuring everybody got their prices from one single place. Worse, those prices are easily manipulated by fake sold listings to skew the average value or make people think it's something rare. It doesn't matter if the game is $25, if someone listed it for $4000 and bought their own, everyone else in the business of used games is going to see that $4000 sold listing and think they have gold and it propagates to used game stores, yard sales, swap meets, Goodwill, Craigslist, everywhere.

Your best bet is watch the market like a hawk and hit it used with GameStop deals when it's rock bottom just before resellers notice it's out of print at retailers and start jacking the price through the roof. You have a week or two window where the game will sit used at Gamestop for $17 after a game that used to be $20 on ebay starts creeping back up $30, $40, $50, $60, etc. But you have to be quick because once word gets out ZOMG GET IT WHILE YOU CAN, everyone selling them for $50+ on ebay is going to be driving around town cleaning out every GameStop's stock along with every collector.

Gamestop if your patient, will beat all, if you combine b2g1.
I'd say a good half of my Vita games came from GS. The discount card, buy 2 get 1 coupons, using points to get vouchers for cash towards games, and sales made the experience quite excellent. The only better deals were for new games discounted from Target, Walmart, Best Buy and on Amazon. I, personally, have no problems utilizing ALL of the stores available to me when building a collection or hunting a specific game. GS worked out great when I was building my collection since I was smart enough to ONLY shop in the stores and I'd utilize the GS website to check all of the stores within about 75 miles of me for each game I was hunting and I'd plan a little game hunting trip around that (or along side doing something else). It was the most fun I've had collecting since my NES days when I'd hit every rental place around that was liquidating their massive stock of games. Granted, it was a lot more work removing stickers and "permanent" marker in the NES days (when NES was phasing out)... but that thrill of the hunt was pretty exceptional due to the occasional surprise finds of games I didn't even know existed.

Now, I don't really collect for any systems... I only buy the games I really want to play.

I'd say a good half of my Vita games came from GS. The discount card, buy 2 get 1 coupons, using points to get vouchers for cash towards games, and sales made the experience quite excellent. The only better deals were for new games discounted from Target, Walmart, Best Buy and on Amazon. I, personally, have no problems utilizing ALL of the stores available to me when building a collection or hunting a specific game. GS worked out great when I was building my collection since I was smart enough to ONLY shop in the stores and I'd utilize the GS website to check all of the stores within about 75 miles of me for each game I was hunting and I'd plan a little game hunting trip around that (or along side doing something else). It was the most fun I've had collecting since my NES days when I'd hit every rental place around that was liquidating their massive stock of games. Granted, it was a lot more work removing stickers and "permanent" marker in the NES days (when NES was phasing out)... but that thrill of the hunt was pretty exceptional due to the occasional surprise finds of games I didn't even know existed. Granted the vita wasn't as fun as the hunt was more random and there was no way to really gauge what a store had back then... but it was still a good time.

Now, I don't really collect for any systems... I only buy the games I really want to play.
I backfilled a rather substantial DS and PSP library (practically all RPGs and games worth having) with Gamestop alone. Less Vita as I was active on that platform and not trying to backfill as much.

There is a sweet spot at the bottom when games are plentiful as people move up to new platforms and the old platform is still being phased out by the manufacturer where you can get games dirt cheap when nobody cares before everybody starts going collector/flipper crazy over them.

But then Gamestop got stupid and started throwing away cases, inserts, and manuals on pricier games while still charging ebay CIB pricing. Fortunately the list of games I didn't have yet was already impossibly small at that point that my odds of finding what I needed in any Gamestop was already next to nothing.

With being more on top of 3DS/Vita/PS3+ after I returned to console gaming full time, I have little to no need for Gamestop outside of their stupid exclusives.

But then Gamestop got stupid and started throwing away cases, inserts, and manuals on pricier games while still charging ebay CIB pricing. Fortunately the list of games I didn't have yet was already impossibly small at that point that my odds of finding what I needed in any Gamestop was already next to nothing.
Yeah, this is the folly of it all where GS is concerned. Throwing out most of what gives past games their value, is completely lost and ignored at a so called gaming store. GS while completely clueless has afforded me some decent buys over the years, but I think the Vita is probably the last system I'll be buying games for from them.

Depending on how the NS goes with time, I may get some titles from there, but doubtful, since most retail NS titles are $60, and the ones that aren't, I've been getting with my Prime discount already(for day one versions). So I guess time will tell if anything improves at GS, but I'm very doubtful of that ever happening. If anything, I'm sure things will only continue to get worse.

EDIT: Power to the Players..........Yeah, right! LOL

bread's done
Back