PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it mystifying that SE is still selling Chrono Cross. I mean, I like it, but it's not exactly one of their most popular PlayStation games, and yet they seem to have had it in stock ever since they first opened their first online store.

It might look like "sale" but their shipping options take it all away.
I figured as much, as I didn't even bother to see what it would be in cart, as I already had the game I recommended. I figured most here know how these brand specific sites work, so enter at your own risk. LOL

Good catch, but I've never dealt with them before, where SE I have, and know if there's a problem, I'm covered. But I'm curious about that listing as well, as it's the SE version, but cheaper. How is their shipping? Does it kill this as well?

I figured as much, as I didn't even bother to see what it would be in cart, as I already had the game I recommended. I figured most here know how these brand specific sites work, so enter at your own risk. LOL

Good catch, but I've never dealt with them before, where SE I have, and know if there's a problem, I'm covered. But I'm curious about that listing as well, as it's the SE version, but cheaper. How is their shipping? Does it kill this as well?
No idea just saw some random tweet. Also 365games has it for quite cheaper as well.

It's gonna suck if there's no more coins...

The standard (non-boxed) version of the game is available from multiple other websites. But the actual "Signature Edition" which is boxed and includes a artbook and soundtrack is exclusively available direct from the Signature Edition website.

3D-Open-Box.png

The standard (non-boxed) version of the game is available from multiple other websites. But the actual "Signature Edition" which is boxed and includes a artbook and soundtrack is exclusively available direct from the Signature Edition website.

3D-Open-Box.png
Are you sure about that? 365 has it for almost same price as base.com and it includes everything

nziyr_NxQZiE2FM2yVTBXw.jpeg

3D-Open-Box.png
Intentionally hiding the PEGI logo... lol.

Wonder if its just because it's ugly as hell or if they are trying to bait US/ESRB collectors into panic ordering.

Are you sure about that? 365 has it for almost same price as base.com and it includes everything

nziyr_NxQZiE2FM2yVTBXw.jpeg
Interesting... well, they claimed it was exclusively available through them, but that sure is making me wonder.

They replied to my tweet it comes with a coin as always. :bouncy:
Those coins are pretty sweet actually, I'm glad this is getting one as well, since I didn't see it mentioned in the details.

EDIT: I figured those cheaper versions might have been for the base game, but as shown, some are claiming the full version, so who knows? I'm happy to keep my order, as I know I'm good if any shipping damages happen.

Those coins are pretty sweet actually, I'm glad this is getting one as well, since I didn't see it mentioned in the details.

EDIT: I figured those cheaper versions might have been for the base game, but as shown, some are claiming the full version, so who knows? I'm happy to keep my order, as I know I'm good if any shipping damages happen.
They updated details after they replied to my tweet. I contacted all sites ( SEG , base and 365 ) regarding this situation hopefully they will reply swiftly

Mmmmm, that might be my first pass on a CE for the Vita, as I don't care for soundtracks, and a folded poster is pretty useless as well. Any word on the price? I might get it for $10 over the standard price, but if this is in the $50 ballpark, it's an easy pass. I hope Windjammers CE is more inviting.

EDIT: Holy Shit, $64.99? A definite pass! LOL

Mmmmm, that might be my first pass on a CE for the Vita, as I don't care for soundtracks, and a folded poster is pretty useless as well. Any word on the price? I might get it for $10 over the standard price, but if this is in the $50 ballpark, it's an easy pass. I hope Windjammers CE is more inviting.

Yep, way overpriced

Yep, way overpriced
It's a super popular game, and even with the high price, I'm sure this will be gone in seconds. I'm really hoping the Windjammers is kind of similar, as then I don't have to bother with that one either. I'll for sure be putting the funds I planned to spend here on Count Lucanor & Cursed Castilla, as I'm getting 2 pretty good CE games for pretty much the price of one.

I actually pass on all CE's now.. would rather spend the money saved on more titles. LRG releases can be costly enough as it is.

This CE is insta-skip for me. Going with a standard edition. Let's compare this with YS VIII CE it only cost few bucks more but offered so much more content. Also it would be better if LRG actually showed everything that's included in the box.

Also it would be better if LRG actually showed everything that's included in the box.
Show what, it's only a double jewel case, and a poster(LOL)........I kid!

Actually, even though the poster is folded, I would like to see it as well. If the art is good enough, I could be tempted to buy. As I'm a fool for a good art/guide book, and nice posters as well. 18 x 24 is actually a decent size, but the art work would have to be damn good.

I only played the game for a short time, but I don't remember the music at all, and very few games have I ever had interest in the music. So the poster is really the only thing that could get me on board, but with the overall cost, it's still unlikely(but possible). I'm more interested in what the Windjammer set may offer at this point, and I'm hoping for a cheaper price for that as well.

Yeah, LRG is getting a little ridiculous with their CE pricing. Consider the Fire Emblem Warriors SE for Switch that was only $20 more than the standard Switch game pricing, and had a 3 disc soundtrack, folded poster, and high quality character art cards. All of this for only $20 more than the standard edition.

Wow no art book, just a CD and cheap folded poster (and a box)? Weak package. I like the game, will probably get the regular edition, but the CE is pretty disappointing.

I also don't care for the oversized boxes they are using (like the one for Ys Origin CE), much prefer Play Asia's smaller, compact CE boxes. Still in the process of dumping a huge collection of much older boxed PC games, don't care about large boxes anymore.

Edit: just noticed that the Nex Machina CE doesn't contain an art book either. I really don't care about soundtracks or folded posters, the main reason I buy CEs is for the art book. Pretty sad that none of these CEs include one.

Yeah, LRG is getting a little ridiculous with their CE pricing. Consider the Fire Emblem Warriors SE for Switch that was only $20 more than the standard Switch game pricing, and had a 3 disc soundtrack, folded poster, and high quality character art cards. All of this for only $20 more than the standard edition.
lol i was gonna say that too but i held off.

i dont think any of the CE actually worth huge in value. its around the same price as retail. im gonna skip the CE also. definitely not worth the extra $35 for a box, folded poster, and a soundtrack cd.

It has 4 music disc, so I can almost guarantee that is where the bulk of the extra cash is going. And for those who are soundtrack collector's(which I'm not), this will probably be on the top of their buying list. In the end, just more funds for LRG to maybe offer something more interesting to others in the future.

Personally, I have to really want/like the game to buy CE over standard for collecting purposes.  I actually regret buying the Ys CE and BotW Switch CE.  Space is becoming an issue.  Is La Mulana really that good?

SLG Has announced the first Vita title, which they will publish early next year.

https://twitter.com/RealStrictlyLTD/status/924373018884952065

I actually saw a copy of Drive Girls for Vita in a Best Buy store yesterday. It was the only Vita item they had and it was hidden at the bottom of the PS4 section.

I'm going for complete region 1 so was making sure even though I was pretty sure they were German. With LRG about to ramp up and a few NIS collectors dropping soon, I didn't really wanna have to track another site

Sayonara Umihara Kawase has a load time that really annoyed me on Vita. The earlier 3DS version was instantaneous, but the Vita one had a spinning white circle for a few seconds.

The pricing of the La Mulana is the straw that broke me on trying for a complete collectors edition set. I've been struggling to justify the cost of some of the expensive collectors editions, so this is my breaking point. I don't want to pursue lazy collectors editions as well as save for the expensive ones. I'll start putting that money toward more reasonable purchases.

Everything PlayStation is region free right? I don’t think it matters unless you’re ocd about the ratings.
I care if it's "region 1" because I'm only collecting NA Vita releases. I count LRG games toward my collection but not Play-Asia releases, for example.

Spelunky 2 and Guacamelee 2 just announced none of them are coming to PS VITA
Not surprising, at this late stage in the game. I'm still hopeful we'll get a physical of the first for the Vita, but that would be as good as it gets(and that may or may not happen). Even though it only shows PS4, I'm sure the NS will see a version at some point, so I'll get it for that when the time comes.

Not surprising, at this late stage in the game. I'm still hopeful we'll get a physical of the first for the Vita, but that would be as good as it gets(and that may or may not happen). Even though it only shows PS4, I'm sure the NS will see a version at some point, so I'll get it for that when the time comes.
I mean its inevitable that Vita was going to get passed up even though both games were huge hits on the Vita. Who knows maybe they will announce a port before it launches.

At what time (eastern time) is cursed castilla is gonna be up in play asia?
Hong Kong is twelve hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time. Not for sure certain of exactly what time they will open the pre-orders, but likely at noon on November 1st, which would be midnight tomorrow (Tuesday) night for us.

bread's done
Back