PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean its inevitable that Vita was going to get passed up even though both games were huge hits on the Vita. Who knows maybe they will announce a port before it launches.
At this point, you can't even buy the system new in the US anymore. So for a developer like Drink Box to put it on the Vita really makes no sense. Hell, the 3DS would be a better way to go over the Vita at this pont, as that system has a pretty big installed base.

For anyone who spends years making a game, I'm sure all want the best return possible on their investment. And considering they didn't even offer a physical version for the Vita, which was just free money. Tells me they are done on the system, and have moved on.

At this point, you can't even buy the system new in the US anymore. So for a developer like Drink Box to put it on the Vita really makes no sense. Hell, the 3DS would be a better way to go over the Vita at this pont, as that system has a pretty big installed base.

For anyone who spends years making a game, I'm sure all want the best return possible on their investment. And considering they didn't even offer a physical version for the Vita, which was just free money. Tells me they are done on the system, and have moved on.
You would think just for the kicks of it Drink Box would just have a goodbye so long to Vita by selling a physical release of their Vita releases. I picked up a 3DS XL thinking I would dive deep into their library but other than replaying half way through Zelda Ocarina I just put it down and never touched it again.

I picked up a 3DS XL thinking I would dive deep into their library but other than replaying half way through Zelda Ocarina I just put it down and never touched it again.
Funny you say that because I did the exact same thing. And right now it and every game I picked up for it is gathering dust.

You would think just for the kicks of it Drink Box would just have a goodbye so long to Vita by selling a physical release of their Vita releases.
I'm still not counting out Guacamelee happening for the Vita, but since it wasn't offered with the PS4 physical, I'm feeling 50/50 on it. As Josh from LRG has stated, some of these places really don't care for the extra funds, or even offering a game physically. They are often just about what's new and future projects, and with G2 happening, who knows if they want to do any more physical at all.

From our standpoint, everyone loves the game, and if you can offer it to fans, why not? It just seems like a no brainier, but I see companies who see and do things along a certain line, and sometimes that's great, and other times not so much. I'll keep my fingers crossed for some more DrinkBox love, but I won't be holding my breath for it. LOL

Funny you say that because I did the exact same thing. And right now it and every game I picked up for it is gathering dust.

Thank you, I thought I was the only one that felt this way.
I haven't even touched my 3DS since sometime back in November of last year. Completed all those stupid 3D puzzles in StreetPass and called it quits after that. Bought and played several 3DS titles, but never found any 3DS games that were quite as captivating as some of the original DS titles, which is rather sad. The DS had tons of games I really enjoyed playing and gleefully sunk hours upon hours into playing. Not quite sure where all Nintendo went wrong with the 3DS, but the system itself felt lacking.

You would think just for the kicks of it Drink Box would just have a goodbye so long to Vita by selling a physical release of their Vita releases. I picked up a 3DS XL thinking I would dive deep into their library but other than replaying half way through Zelda Ocarina I just put it down and never touched it again.
I haven't even touched my 3DS since sometime back in November of last year. Completed all those stupid 3D puzzles in StreetPass and called it quits after that. Bought and played several 3DS titles, but never found any 3DS games that were quite as captivating as some of the original DS titles, which is rather sad. The DS had tons of games I really enjoyed playing and gleefully sunk hours upon hours into playing. Not quite sure where all Nintendo went wrong with the 3DS, but the system itself felt lacking.
I'm a handheld gamer in general, so while I agree the DS had a much larger and wider set of games, the 3DS was still very good(IMO). The only time it wasn't in my regular gaming rotation, was probably early on. As the 3D sucked ass, and those corners on the OG model made it hard to play for more than a few minutes. So I waited for the redesign, and have been using it ever since.

Now that it's at the end of it's run, and my collection was about complete, I added CFW a few weeks ago, and that's opened up a whole new world as well. As for "N" handhelds, the DS Lite was my favorite system, with the best games. But the standard N3DS would probably be #2, or maybe #3 behind the GBA. As it's comfortable to hold, the 3D while not perfect, is really good now, and the library is very solid as well.

But it's not for everyone, as all my friends bought one at launch, and never went back to it after a few weeks. No one even bothered with the Wii U either except one, and he sold it within 6 months. LOL They also play mostly on PSN/Live with the PS4/ONE, so they are mostly current gen, and big screen TV online players. And if that's your thing, the 3DS is going to be rather boring by comparison.

Have they done sign ups for this yet? I don't think I got any emails from them about it.
I didn't receive a sign up email for it. I think however that it will last much longer than the PS4 version. They upped the quantity to 4000 (I believe the PS4 version was 2000?) and upped the price to $34.99.

What time do you guys think Cursed Castilla EX will go up on PlayAsia?? 12 am midnight eastern time?
that game was fun and tough. i got 2 endings. i think there are total of 3. i beat it on Xbox One on the Xbox Game Pass. one ending i didnt get is to beat the game without using any continues or maybe use more than 2 continues. one or the other.

I looked around for info on Cursed Castilla, and the sign up is what's going to happen on November 1st. With the actual pre-order happening a few days later.

This explains why no one got an email, as that is what is happening tomorrow. So no one needs to panic, as there is no time today for the game to actually be sold. Just sign up like normally once you get the Play-Asia email, and then you'll get the day and time like normal.

So...um...if anybody plays their Vita games....

I started Moero Crystal import, and found two Japanese guides that actually works pretty well with Google Translate.

If anybody plans to do the same in the future, feel free to come to me for questions.

If anybody already beat it, how's the path to true ending? Anything I should be aware of beforehand? I think it's just a "beat all hidden dungeons after the normal ending" according to what I learned so far. Is it overly difficult?

https://twitter.com/HatsProductions/status/925422864412696577
Hell, I thought this was a Halloween gag, then I look it up, and saw it's actually real. Never heard of this game until today, but it looks pretty cool. I'll grab a copy for sure.

Hell, I thought this was a Halloween gag, then I look it up, and saw it's actually real. Never heard of this game until today, but it looks pretty cool. I'll grab a copy for sure.
It was on sale via PSN for $1.99 from last Tuesday to this morning (11am EST), not that that matters now.

It was on sale via PSN for $1.99 from last Tuesday to this morning (11am EST), not that that matters now.
WOW, I guess I missed it, as I haven't been checking PSN much during their sales as of late. My memory card has a little room thanks to LRG, but I'm still trying to free up some more. So glad I didn't see it, as I would have wasted 2 bucks! LOL

I looked around for info on Cursed Castilla, and the sign up is what's going to happen on November 1st. With the actual pre-order happening a few days later.

This explains why no one got an email, as that is what is happening tomorrow. So no one needs to panic, as there is no time today for the game to actually be sold. Just sign up like normally once you get the Play-Asia email, and then you'll get the day and time like normal.
How does the sign up email work? East Asia soft said reservation was November 1st. I thought they meant actuall pre order.

How does the sign up email work? East Asia soft said reservation was November 1st. I thought they meant actuall pre order.
Go to Play-Asia, and sign up for their newsletter I believe(upper right corner), and you should get emails about these exclusives, as well as standard PA info for discounts, sales, new merch, etc.

Then they should send you an email announcing the exclusive title, and then you sign up in that email to be notified later about that item. Then once they announce specifics, they will send you a special link to use for when the item goes live. Or something to that effect, as I signed up awhile ago, and I just always get their emails. So hopefully this should work, but if anything isn't right, maybe someone else can chime in with the correct info.

Here is the product page as well. And you can also sign up for different notifications here as well, but normally when I ever use those, they don't contact me until an item is long gone. https://www.play-asia.com/cursed-castilla-ex-limited-edition-play-asiacom-exclusive/13/70bj2v?tagid=1961061

Did NISA can the physical version of World's Longest 5?

I don't remember seeing updates on that for awhile, and they only got the Switch listed, so all signs pointing to doom for a physical.

Did NISA can the physical version of World's Longest 5?

I don't remember seeing updates on that for awhile, and they only got the Switch listed, so all signs pointing to doom for a physical.
They never announced a physical version of it for the Vita, just physical for the Switch and PS4.

Go to Play-Asia, and sign up for their newsletter I believe(upper right corner), and you should get emails about these exclusives, as well as standard PA info for discounts, sales, new merch, etc.

Then they should send you an email announcing the exclusive title, and then you sign up in that email to be notified later about that item. Then once they announce specifics, they will send you a special link to use for when the item goes live. Or something to that effect, as I signed up awhile ago, and I just always get their emails. So hopefully this should work, but if anything isn't right, maybe someone else can chime in with the correct info.

Here is the product page as well. And you can also sign up for different notifications here as well, but normally when I ever use those, they don't contact me until an item is long gone. https://www.play-asia.com/cursed-castilla-ex-limited-edition-play-asiacom-exclusive/13/70bj2v?tagid=1961061
Thanks man. Yeah I signed up for the newsletter right now. If you check eastasia soft Instagram page they said sign ups will be open at 11am HK time (GMT+8) . So for people in the east coast in the states, 11:p.m. Hopefully it won't sell out too fast.

Thanks man. Yeah I signed up for the newsletter right now. If you check eastasia soft Instagram page they said sign ups will be open at 11am HK time (GMT+8) . So for people in the east coast in the states, 11:p.m. Hopefully it won't sell out too fast.
The sign ups are actually unlimited, as you just tell Play-Asia your interested, once they email you about the game. Then you'll get a special link and the time for when the game goes live.

So it's mainly just a way to make sure their regulars get first shot at the game when it's offered. So you'll get the specific date and time for the release in the email to sign up on the reserved list, or once they send you the special link. Either way you should know before hand, as I'm sure it will be posted here as well.

EDIT: Just saw an update on East Asia Soft Twitter, that says reservations will be open 5 days once they open on November 2nd. And they say sign up before the 6th, as the special link to buy the game will be sent on the 7th.

Just got the email to get on the preorder list for Cursed Castilla. Looks like a great package.
Same here, and I agree, it looks pretty damn good, especially for $35 bones.

EDIT: I think I'll go play some on my 3DS right now, to get hyped for the Vita version. LOL

They never announced a physical version of it for the Vita, just physical for the Switch and PS4.
But it wouldn't surprise me if they did announce a Vita version a bit later once we are done buying up the Switch and PS4 versions. Make people triple dip, make money!

Just got the email to get on the preorder list for Cursed Castilla. Looks like a great package.
Really glad I missed out on the PS4 version, this game belongs on the Vita. I will F5 until the end of time for this game! Bring it on!

https://www.play-asia.com/info/ccpsv?ref=17_ccpsv_slider

For any CAG’s that want a heads up on purchasing a copy, sign up with the link above if you haven’t already. I suspect this release will go super fast & be 1 per customer, possibly 2.
Yeah, I may grab two if it is offered, as East Asia Soft said qty allowed would be based on the sign up numbers. So I would guess, if they have a lot, one will be the limit, and if not, then two.

I still don't really know how much of the buying public even knows about the PA exclusives, as the PS4 CC was really the first game to go fast, and it was still up for awhile before it sold out. But as more people became aware of it, prices ran up rather fast on the secondary market.

This is actually a very nice CE set, and for the price, this is one of the few games that is actually good and comes with extra's that are nice as well. We don't see this very often, if at all anymore.

Collar X Malice is $20 on Amazon, but Prime exclusive. Pretty good price for a physical copy, and well regarded otome VN. Probably won't get much cheaper than that.
Yeah, it was on the front page yesterday, so I grabbed it as soon as I saw it. Great reviews, and I agree, $20 will probably be the lowest we'll see it for. I grab most Vita titles at $20-$25 at this point, as qty's aren't around long, and waiting for $15, means I'll probably miss out more often than not.

I'm still amazed we see as many games as we do. When the Vita name was first announced, I thought, well that's different. And then I found out it means "life", and thought, OK? How fitting that Sony created a device, to only kill it shortly after release(in the US anyways), and then have it continue with such support long after the fact. Vita was truly the best name they could have picked. LOL

Collar X Malice is $20 on Amazon, but Prime exclusive. Pretty good price for a physical copy, and well regarded otome VN. Probably won't get much cheaper than that.
Damn that didn't last long. I was going to pick it up and see it raised to $40 already.

Edit: I see select GameStop have it at that price too. Although their "new" isn't the same as Amazon I guess it wouldn't matter too much if I plan on playing it anyways.

Damn that didn't last long. I was going to pick it up and see it raised to $40 already.

Edit: I see select GameStop have it at that price too. Although their "new" isn't the same as Amazon I guess it wouldn't matter too much if I plan on playing it anyways.
Yeah, anytime Amazon has a set price drop of 25%, 50%, etc, I always grab the item quick, as those can go back up at anytime. Then they have those price drops that continually go down over time, and normally those begin to rise the same way. So you can sometimes tell when the bottom has been reached, and buy in.

But even those can jump back to full price without warning, so I normally set a bottom price I'm good at, and then buy once it's reached. Sometimes I miss out on a few extra dollars, but that's better than not getting the game at all, once it jumps back up to full without warning.

Missed it because it's prime exclusive bull fuck

All it is, is Amazon price matching Gamestop. Amazon doesn't have their own sales, and shouldn't be recognized as such.

I got my two copies of Slain in from Signature Edition. Of course, they shipped them internationally in a bubble mailer, so they both have creases/indents to the cover art. I'm so glad that I ordered two in order to avoid that...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I got my two copies of Slain in from Signature Edition. Of course, they shipped them internationally in a bubble mailer, so they both have creases/indents to the cover art. I'm so glad that I ordered two in order to avoid that...
Contact them, as my CE arrived smashed, and I got replacement without ever sending a picture. My replacement arrived "bullet proof", as I made sure to tell them the packaging used was sup par at best. That was a while ago, so I don't know how support may be now, but I was more than happy at the time.

bread's done
Back