PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
A solid game, soundtrack, hardcover book, manual, etc for $37 shipped -- total quality package at a great price. Play Asia continues to kill it.

Its still good as of 5 mins. ago. Odd thing was that I got the message to use the personal notification to the right. As soon as I clicked on let me know when its available, it popped right up. Try it again.
Just worked for me, too. It should still be up.

Damn still nothing...I'm signed in, clicked notify me when I'm available an d no option to buy. I'm using an iPad if it makes any difference.

Anyone know how I can get the discount code box to show up?? I wanna save me $3...
When you're inputting your credit card info, just below that box is a button you can click to get options for coupons and discount codes. If you're checking out using PayPal, I don't think you're given the option to use one.

I bought it Physical for the Switch, I just assumed that's what you meant by "other handheld". I generally like to get physical versions of games, but ESPECIALLY for Nintendo products. They have such a terrible digital reputation. With no centralized "Nintendo digital store". Closing down the Wii shop etc.
Yes, for the Switch. (figured if i said it outright.. in the Vita thread... i'd need a fire suit :whistle2:$ )

From what I can see, Nintendo has made some positive changes to their stupid handling of digital content... still in last place, but better.

Anyone know how I can get the discount code box to show up?? I wanna save me $3...
It’s on the payment page during checkout, look towards the bottom.

I got two as well, I thought about getting it with the caveman game bug I decided against it, I had a problem once with an item that went oos.

Check your emails guys, the Cursed Castilla Play-Asia link is live. Make sure your logged in before using it. GO, GO, GO!

EDIT: $40 ain't bad for a complete set like this shipped, so grab it while you can.
Got mine and saved $5 with coupon code but had to add more games to make it to $60 threshold like the last copy of BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend for $16 and some lego game.

Bet you well get it before Rabi Ribi Vita
Of course! When has a Sekai Project title ever been early to release?

You missed the running gag. LOL

But good info to have anyways, as I always figured this was going to be HUGE!
p8blw.jpg

And hopefully they'll let people have two at a time?
more-than-one-waifu-ic-re-awill-destroy-your-laifu-13920066.png

Just found this post on facebook. What do you guys think any chance this getting physical release in the west?

m0iF6ZFh.jpg

"Utawarerumono: Chiriyuku Mono e no Komoriuta Remake Announced For PS4 & Vita

Famitsu has revealed that a remake of Utawarerumono: Chiriyuku Mono e no Komoriuta is coming to the PlayStation 4 and Vita on the 26th of April 2018.

The Utawarerumono: Chiriyuku Mono e no Komoriuta remake features HD enhanced scenes, enhanced music, an extended mode, 3D battle environments.

Aquaplus president Naoya Shimokawa also expressed an interest in working with PSVR but says he is unsure as to whether Utawarerumono: Chiriyuku Mono e no Komoriuta will feature PSVR support.

The game has only been announced for Japan where it will be available in four versions:

- Standard Edition – 6,800 yen
- Premium Edition – 9,800 yen, includes Blu-Ray anime,
soundtrack and a visual book.
- Trilogy Box – 12,000 yen
- Aquaplus Limited Box – 29,800 yen"

Well, the chance that we would get the two Utawarerumono games we already got were in my opinion nil, so my thinking is that there is a slim chance. Really not sure how extensive Atlus's licensing deal with AquaPlus is concerning this franchise. And this game is a remake of the original, Adult Only, PC title that was only released in Japan.

Also got my Summon Night 6 Wonderful Edition today. Packaging is really neat and the overall content and presentation is...Wonderful. Totally worth the wait. Now I wait for Skullgirls vita.

Also got my Summon Night 6 Wonderful Edition today. Packaging is really neat and the overall content and presentation is...Wonderful. Totally worth the wait. Now I wait for Skullgirls vita.
Yeah Vic Ireland and Gaijinworks really hit it out of the park with the Wonderful Edition. I forgive them for the extensive delays because the end product ended up so awesome. Definitely near the top of my favorite CEs of all time.

Yeah Vic Ireland and Gaijinworks really hit it out of the park with the Wonderful Edition. I forgive them for the extensive delays because the end product ended up so awesome. Definitely near the top of my favorite CEs of all time.
I just got mines and WOW! I dont even want to open it lol

I removed the blue paper oh so carefully not to tear it up.

This is definitely a "Wonder" edition. Glad i got one

Actually, the Vita version was only $133 shipped if you ordered before 9/15/16. Still expensive as hell, but as I see it now, worth it.
That is a bit odd. I ordered on 7/25/2016 and it was $129 +$18 shipping, and that was for PS4. Then Gaijinworks announced a couple months later there would be a Vita version, so I ended up getting the Vita version at $135 +$18 shipping. Since the preorders are nonrefundable or cancellable, I have both.

Oh well, it such a beautiful collector's edition I am happy to have both versions.

That is a bit odd. I ordered on 7/25/2016 and it was $129 +$18 shipping, and that was for PS4. Then Gaijinworks announced a couple months later there would be a Vita version, so I ended up getting the Vita version at $135 +$18 shipping. Since the preorders are nonrefundable or cancellable, I have both.

Oh well, it such a beautiful collector's edition I am happy to have both versions.
It sounds like you bought the Vita version after the 9/15 discount deadline. Here is an old thread I started about it:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/358094-summon-night-6-lost-borders-wonderful-edition-ps4vita-preorder-20-off-until-915-orders-to-stop-1130/

Hey everyone. So Vic Ireland (owner of GaijinWorks) isn't answering a particular question concerning the Vita version of Summon Night 6; Lost Borders Specifically he has completely avoided answering anyone on the official GaijinWorks Forum regarding if there is variant label artwork on the Vita game carts. Usually his refusal to simply deny something like this means one or more variants exist. So lets compare notes.

I haven't taken a picture of it as my camera battery is flat dead at present moment, but the label on my Vita cart has some manner of cutesy whitish colored ghost creature wearing a purple wizard's hat that has a white star on it. Can anyone confirm if they have received a Vita cart with label artwork differing from this?

Hey everyone. So Vic Ireland (owner of GaijinWorks) isn't answering a particular question concerning the Vita version of Summon Night 6; Lost Borders Specifically he has completely avoided answering anyone on the official GaijinWorks Forum regarding if there is variant label artwork on the Vita game carts. Usually his refusal to simply deny something like this means one or more variants exist. So lets compare notes.

I haven't taken a picture of it as my camera battery is flat dead at present moment, but the label on my Vita cart has some manner of cutesy whitish colored ghost creature wearing a purple wizard's hat that has a white star on it. Can anyone confirm if they have received a Vita cart with label artwork differing from this?
Umm, that would require me to open the game :p

Umm, that would require me to open the game :p
Have to open my games. The data for the Region 1 Physical Release Games Directory doesn't exactly come to me through dreams, although that would be really amazing if it did.

I'm so on the fence about LRG's release tomorrow morning. On the one hand, I really want the 4-disc soundtrack set. On the other hand though, it's going to be over $70 with shipping, and we already know LRG plans at least one more Vita release this month. I'm having a really hard time attempting to reason with myself to spend a extra $34.99 for a L.E. that really only comes with it's soundtrack as the extra.

Have to open my games. The data for the Region 1 Physical Release Games Directory doesn't exactly come to me through dreams, although that would be really amazing if it did.

I'm so on the fence about LRG's release tomorrow morning. On the one hand, I really want the 4-disc soundtrack set. On the other hand though, it's going to be over $70 with shipping, and we already know LRG plans at least one more Vita release this month. I'm having a really hard time attempting to reason with myself to spend a extra $34.99 for a L.E. that really only comes with it's soundtrack as the extra.
I finally had to stop getting every Vita CE, as for a dead system, holy shit, each month there was a new one. And each has been over $60, so the La Mulana was an easy pass for me, as I don't care for music disc at all. There has to be an art/guide book for me to even consider it, as I haven't opened a OST since my days of getting ones from Nintendo Power catalog. LOL

I'm still waiting to see what will be offered with the Windjammers CE's, as I'm a fan of that game, and may want that, so I have to budget. Plus I'm sure we will have a few more standard releases before years end, and even at $30-$35, those can add up quick as well. I say pass unless you really enjoy the music in game, as then it may be a good buy. But if you could care less, probably just pass until something more interesting comes along.

I like soundtracks as much as anyone else, but it's been bundled by Humble I believe already for the PC version....so you can just download it. I'm sure it was bundled somewhere else as well with the soundtrack. That's kind of a lot for the soundtrack, which I find good but more background material honestly. I've only played the game about 2 hours though so I haven't heard all the songs of course. Just helping a CAG.

Yeah, I just listened to a bit of the OST for La-Mulana EX on YouTube. I feel I can pass on this now. Has some decent tracks, but $35 and easily buy me the next LRG Vita release, whew!

Now what I am truly hoping for is that LRG, or Wolfgame (the developer) will offer the CD soundtrack for Va-11 Hall-A, because that I've been listening to on BandCamp and would love to own all three discs of. Japan is getting one of the soundtrack CDs as a pre-order bonus, so hopeful LRG will offer that bundled. or if not Wlfgame will do like Vblank and sell the soundtrack CD at a reasonable price through BandCamp. Anyone interested:

https://garoad.bandcamp.com/album/va-11-hall-a-prologue-ost-sounds-from-the-future

https://garoad.bandcamp.com/album/va-11-hall-a-second-round

https://garoad.bandcamp.com/album/va-11-hall-a-ex-bonus-tracks-collection

Hope you guys weren't planning on buying more physical Vita games, because they all need an ESRB rating now, even limited run editions of digital games:
https://kotaku.com/new-rating-requirement-makes-life-harder-for-smaller-ga-1820296023

The article only mentioned PS4 but I'd be surprised if it didn't apply to Vita as well.
It's been an ongoing discussion in the LRG thread (and maybe the other limited release thread). This is why LRG releases have slowed down since the summer. It may throttle the number of future releases a bit, but it won't kill them off completely.

Hope you guys weren't planning on buying more physical Vita games, because they all need an ESRB rating now, even limited run editions of digital games:
https://kotaku.com/new-rating-requirement-makes-life-harder-for-smaller-ga-1820296023

The article only mentioned PS4 but I'd be surprised if it didn't apply to Vita as well.
... I plan to buy more physical vita games. Most come with ESRB ratings anyways, why would this stop me?

It’s been known for a few months that all games would need them and is the reason LRG slowed down their releases in September and October.

Yeah, your late to the party, as the info is rather old. Outside of some delays, it really didn't affect anything. Retail games always had to have the rating, and now limited releases have to have them as well.

In a worse case, prices may go up a few bucks to cover the added expense, but so far, LRG hasn't had to do that. And other places like NISA who do their own translations and such, have already been paying it. Really it's just an entity shakedown, but anyone who works in business knows how the games are played. And this is just another cost of doing business.

Gonna pass on La Mulana EX, so there's one less person for you all to compete with. Watched a review and some game-play videos and It just doesn't look fun at all.

bread's done
Back