PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Hopefully I can snag a copy after work. Only 1 store near me has it in stock. Thanks for the heads up.
Well one of my worst fears came true today. The Gamestop location near me took down their Vita display, and tossed out all of the Vita cases. The cases for all their "new" Vita games were thrown away too. I was there a few weeks ago to buy a different Vita game. There were plenty of complete Vita games, I was considering for the eventual buy 2 get 1 deal on Black Friday. :wall:

Does anyone have an issue with not being able to put anything for hold and you get an error message?
The site is being wonky, like it always is.

That's not working, and checking out with Paypal isn't working either.

Ended up having to checkout normally through them, but not saving my CC info anywhere on that deathtrap of a site. ~_~

Well one of my worst fears came true today. The Gamestop location near me took down their Vita display, and tossed out all of the Vita cases. The cases for all their "new" Vita games were thrown away too. I was there a few weeks ago to buy a different Vita game. There were plenty of complete Vita games, I was considering for the eventual buy 2 get 1 deal on Black Friday. :wall:
Thank god I just picked up a couple dozen used games in the past week after getting elite pro + the bonus 10% off for pro-days. Also had some coupons saved up so used those too. I knew this day would come soon, so glad that I grabbed the games when I did. I snagged so many decently hard to find games within a 20 minute radius of my house with complete cases.

hey the fidget spinners need their own endcap space too

Thank god I just picked up a couple dozen used games in the past week after getting elite pro + the bonus 10% off for pro-days. Also had some coupons saved up so used those too. I knew this day would come soon, so glad that I grabbed the games when I did. I snagged so many decently hard to find games within a 20 minute radius of my house with complete cases.
Good thing you bought what you wanted when you did. I've been buying quite a few Vita games in recent weeks from Gamestop as well. But I held off buying the more pricier ones, because of the eventual Black Friday deal.

hey the fidget spinners need their own endcap space too
Ugh. Merchandise shelf was exactly the thing that replaced the Vita section.

Unfortunately it was only a matter of time. I had held out brief hope that with Gamestop getting back into the classic game market they may forgo this horrible practice. But nope.... :wall:

Yeah, my GS took the Vita games down awhile ago, but they still have them in store. You just have to ask, and then they will give you a print out, and you can ask what's complete, and what's not. I said  fuck that, as I only buy now from stores that have them on display.

Most stores in town still have them on display, as they take up very little space, and are mostly on end caps. So to be throwing out cases, or not even displaying such a small amount of games, makes me lose the last bit of respect I had for GS(not really, that was gone long ago). LOL

Yeah, my GS took the Vita games down awhile ago, but they still have them in store. You just have to ask, and then they will give you a print out, and you can ask what's complete, and what's not. I said fuck that, as I only buy now from stores that have them on display.

Most stores in town still have them on display, as they take up very little space, and are mostly on end caps. So to be throwing out cases, or not even displaying such a small amount of games, makes me lose the last bit of respect I had for GS(not really, that was gone long ago). LOL
Seems to be the same with Wii U games in my area. You have to ask what they have in stock as they don't display them anymore or you have to look them up online for in store stock.

Seems to be the same with Wii U games in my area. You have to ask what they have in stock as they don't display them anymore or you have to look them up online for in store stock.
Hell, most stores around me still have a shit ton of Wii titles on shelves. So I haven't seen Wii U pulled yet, but not surprising it has begun.

I don't see why stores would pull out the Wii U when they still sell Wii games. Honestly, all the Gamestops in my area just combine Wii U/Wii together. 

I'm just glad that digital games are still a thing, digital games and Amazon. If it wasn't for them I would own zero VITA games.
Yeah, I know what you mean, especially depending on when someone might have started using the Vita, or even where they live. At launch, I think I got a deal on 3 games, and most of my collection has been games on clearance or on sale.

My only full price buys have been CE, day one editions, or LRG offerings(And those are kind of discounted, in comparison to full retail anyways). But now, games are for sure getting much harder to come by. I try to get some titles at GS during their B2GO offerings, but during the last one, I was to busy to go around and try to find 3 games for the deal.

GS while terrible, is the last stand for Vita titles in my area, as everyone else threw in the towel ages ago. LOL

I don't see why stores would pull out the Wii U when they still sell Wii games. Honestly, all the Gamestops in my area just combine Wii U/Wii together.
Wii games sell better than WiiU games. Look at the 'Just Dance' games. Every one with a WiiU probably has all the games they want for the system already (myself included).

The Gamestops around me still have their Vita displays (I'm venturing a guess that there is a small contingency of Vita owners in my area). I'm not looking for any older Vita games anymore, but I have a gift card so I may swing by a few just to see what they still have.

I’m disturbed by the influx of gaming merchandise in B.B. and GameStop these days. The 3DS section in Best Buy is like two shelves and there’s 12 feet of pricey Figma and NECA figures across from it. My GameStop killed Vita cases a couple months ago and has a entire back wall of goods now. Sickening.

I’m disturbed by the influx of gaming merchandise in B.B. and GameStop these days. The 3DS section in Best Buy is like two shelves and there’s 12 feet of pricey Figma and NECA figures across from it. My GameStop killed Vita cases a couple months ago and has a entire back wall of goods now. Sickening.
At least it's on the back wall. My GameStop put all the gaming merch front and center. The games are pushed to the back of the store like an afterthought. It's a pain in the ass to get to the PS stuff on the back wall with all the standees and bins in the middle of the floor.

At least it's on the back wall. My GameStop put all the gaming merch front and center. The games are pushed to the back of the store like an afterthought. It's a pain in the ass to get to the PS stuff on the back wall with all the standees and bins in the middle of the floor.
Yeah, my nearest GS is the same way. While it's not the biggest store in town, it's probably the tops in earnings, and the junk section is what greets you on entry each and every time.

Which from a promotional stand point, is probably best. Because if that crap was in the back of the store(where it should be), no one would ever take a second look at it. LOL Honestly, the handful of Vita games they have would probably take up the same space as a few board games, or puzzles. So why they can't be displayed is a bad joke, but that is why GS sucks, and their "Power To The Players" is complete and utter BS!

*old man rant*

I remember back in the 90’s visiting a Borders or Barnes and Noble and being blown away by the selection of oddball collectibles I didn’t see elsewhere. Now it seems EVERYONE is stocking like a Amazon Warehouse and ultimately inventory and sit on this stuff til they have to blow it out at a loss. I imagine a Rube Goldberg machine pumping out the mountain of Funko Pops that litter every comic and game store. Honestly we’ve hit a point over saturation where’s not enough nerds with disposable income to buy up all this niche crap.

Dammit, Madzane. Now I feel like an old man!

member-berries.png

Yeah, my nearest GS is the same way. While it's not the biggest store in town, it's probably the tops in earnings, and the junk section is what greets you on entry each and every time.

Which from a promotional stand point, is probably best. Because if that crap was in the back of the store(where it should be), no one would ever take a second look at it. LOL Honestly, the handful of Vita games they have would probably take up the same space as a few board games, or puzzles. So why they can't be displayed is a bad joke, but that is why GS sucks, and their "Power To The Players" is complete and utter BS!
Didn't you mean to say. "Because if that crap was in the dumpster behind the store (where it should be), no one would ever take a second look at it.". ;)

It's sad when you have to wade through all the toys/clothes to get to the games in a store called GAMEstop.
GameStop, the games stop here.

*old man rant*

I remember back in the 90’s visiting a Borders or Barnes and Noble and being blown away by the selection of oddball collectibles I didn’t see elsewhere. Now it seems EVERYONE is stocking like a Amazon Warehouse and ultimately inventory and sit on this stuff til they have to blow it out at a loss. I imagine a Rube Goldberg machine pumping out the mountain of Funko Pops that litter every comic and game store. Honestly we’ve hit a point over saturation where’s not enough nerds with disposable income to buy up all this niche crap.
Target shrank their video game area and began doing this back late, literally I believe in December, of last year and then expanded the section to the point it yields nearly as much of that junk as a average GameStop. Then Books-A-Million/2nd & Charles expanded their crap selection taking away space from their used games section. And Wal*Mart joined into the act this past summer, and like Target, shrank their video games section to make way for this junk. The market is now flooded with these alien looking black-eyed Funko Pops and overpriced poorly made game and comic themed socks.

On the Best Buy front, to be fair, corporate has decided to get into high end and collectible toys in light of TRU on their way out of business. We literally now have a actual toy department with a ever changing selection of some of the priciest toys you've ever laid eyes upon.

Funko Pops are the worst thing ever.  Can't believe people buy that crap.   I suppose the majority of Americans don't have any taste though.  They're the Big Bang Theory of toy figures.

I honestly don't understand them, but I won't crap all over anybody that collects them, as I buy some pretty dumb stuff myself. But, it must be nice to make so much money that you can just drop $10 on a plastic paper weight that may never actually go up in value. All of my friends that collect them think that they are going to be rich one day, from collecting them all. And, I just think to myself, think of how much money you would have right now if you had never bought them in the first place.

I honestly don't understand them, but I won't crap all over anybody that collects them, as I buy some pretty dumb stuff myself. But, it must be nice to make so much money that you can just drop $10 on a plastic paper weight that may never actually go up in value. All of my friends that collect them think that they are going to be rich one day, from collecting them all. And, I just think to myself, think of how much money you would have right now if you had never bought them in the first place.
It's Beanie Babies all over again. Very few people made any money with that fad, and those were a lot harder to find at the height of their popularity.

My local Hot Topic has an entire back wall of them, and the Barnes & Noble has a whole section of the store devoted only to them. Say what you want about Amiibo, or Skylanders, or Disney Infinity, or LEGO Dimensions, or any other Toys to Life figures. But, at least they serve some kind of purpose besides sitting on a shelf collecting dust. Though some people do buy them specifically for that purpose. Last year's batch of Skylanders and some of the newer Amiibo do have boxes that look more like the Funko Pop boxes, I have been noticing.

If you guys didn't pick up any of the Play Asia Exclusives, right now they are on sale for 2 for 29.99 (the ones that have Black Friday icon).

Personally picked up Semispheres and Tachyon Project for 36 after using the GEMATSU $3 off coupon. Heck of a deal.

https://www.play-asia.com/info/BLACKFRIDAY2017?ref=Black2017_webskin
Damn, that's awesome. My 3 year old woke me up in the middle of the night--at least now I got something out of it. Thanks for posting!

Ignorant question...

With Play Asia, can a non modded Vita play any of the Vita games? Or only the ones with the USA note?
Vita is region free, so all games will work modded or not. Updates are region free as well, but online passes and DLC are locked to the region of origin.

If you guys didn't pick up any of the Play Asia Exclusives, right now they are on sale for 2 for 29.99 (the ones that have Black Friday icon).

Personally picked up Semispheres and Tachyon Project for 36 after using the GEMATSU $3 off coupon. Heck of a deal.

https://www.play-asia.com/info/BLACKFRIDAY2017?ref=Black2017_webskin
Sorry if I don't understand, is part Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 on Vita part of this. I see the picture in the advertisement, but still showing $49.99 for me regardless of what I add to the cart. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry if I don't understand, is part Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 on Vita part of this. I see the picture in the advertisement, but still showing $49.99 for me regardless of what I add to the cart. Any help is appreciated.
Only Play-Asia Exclusives are 2 for 29.99

DOA X3 is not an Exclusive

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Vita is not part of the buy 2 for 1 deal. That only applies to PlayAsia.com exclusives like Aerea (PS4) or Tachyon Project (Vita).

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Vita is not part of the buy 2 for 1 deal. That only applies to PlayAsia.com exclusives like Aerea (PS4) or Tachyon Project (Vita).
I think the problem is that a lot of people don't know which games those exclusives actually include, and at least on the mobile site it isn't immediately obvious without going into the product description.

It clearly says it in the title. 

TACHYON PROJECT [LIMITED EDITION] - PLAY-ASIA.COM EXCLUSIVE

Don't know about Mobile since my phone has it set to normal cuz Mobile format on Play-Asia is a pain for me. 

I think the problem is that a lot of people don't know which games those exclusives actually include, and at least on the mobile site it isn't immediately obvious without going into the product description.
Yeah the website is not very helpful in that regard. List of games for 2 for 29.99 deal.

Tachyon Project (PS4 & Vita)

Alchemic Jousts (PS4)

Aerea (PS4)

Rive (PS4)

Semispheres (PS4 & Vita)

bread's done
Back