PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
This may have been mentioned, but Toys R Us has a bunch of stuff on clearance, including both Vita TV systems (standalone and bundled with memory card, controller and game) for $17.98. In store only, and YMMV on what's in stock.

Just picked up Drive Girls new for $20 at GameStop, what I was surprised was it was still sealed and they had more than one copy on hand.

So I decided to take a chance and ordered 6 vita games during GameStops B2G1 online. They came today and all of them were complete....I feel like I won the lottery.

So I decided to take a chance and ordered 6 vita games during GameStops B2G1 online. They came today and all of them were complete....I feel like I won the lottery.
There are games I have ordered three times and still have not received a complete copy. I wish I had your luck. What did you get? Newer games? I feel like the older titles are almost always generic cases.

Has anyone tried printing a Vita cover at Staples? I ordered Danganronpa 2 used from GameStop awhile back and it had no cover art. I have the cover art on a USB drive ready to print just don't know if I'll run into any copyright issues. Also does it need to be in a PDF or anything? I currently have it in a PNG file.

Has anyone tried printing a Vita cover at Staples? I ordered Danganronpa 2 used from GameStop awhile back and it had no cover art. I have the cover art on a USB drive ready to print just don't know if I'll run into any copyright issues. Also does it need to be in a PDF or anything? I currently have it in a PNG file.
Copyright is usually applied to the game itself, not the cover art. Unless there are registered intellectual properties (i.e. Mickey Mouse) on the cover, you should be fine. I honestly doubt a Staples employee would care either way, though.

In terms of printing quality, DPI is what matters 300 is benchmark for standard, 600 is the benchmark for high quality. For a PDF you can check the DPI in Adobe Reader (Advanced > Preflight > Options > Edit Preflight Profile). For a PNG, you can check by looking at its properties (Right Click the file > Properties > Details). TIFF and BMP file formats are typically the best for printing.

I've never tried printing my own cover art, but I know it's very difficult to get it exactly right. There are a lot of factors in printing. As long as you're okay with something fairly close, you shouldn't have issues though.

I've printed lots of covers at Staples. Vita, PS4 and Xbox 1 covers and have never had a problem. That said in the past I've just gotten the covers from the cover project and popped it on a flash drive, brought it in and asked them to print it at size. They aren't 100% perfect but they're close enough when looking at it it takes a good few moments of real looking to tell it's not original.

The chaos is on!

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/936610857894555650

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/936610589513678848

Claire: Extended Cut sold out in under seven minutes.

Both the standard and CE of Windjammers lasted just over ten minutes.

Claire: Extended Cut sold out in under seven minutes.
Both the standard and CE of Windjammers lasted just over ten minutes.
I was surprised it took more than 2 minutes and that Claire sold out first. I guess we’ll see in two weeks with the steamworld games if the vita hype on lrg has died. I assume their switch games are going to become the new vita games in time

There are games I have ordered three times and still have not received a complete copy. I wish I had your luck. What did you get? Newer games? I feel like the older titles are almost always generic cases.
Trust me I hear you I have had the same luck until this go around. Ended up getting Akiba's Trip, Child of Light, Dungeon Travelers 2, Hyperdimension Re;Birth 2, Hyperdimension Actions Unleashed, and Tales of Heart R. 99% of the time if I want to get Vita games from GS I usually try to do it in store only but was too busy over the holiday weekend so I thought I would give it a shot and got extremely lucky.

I was surprised it took more than 2 minutes and that Claire sold out first. I guess we’ll see in two weeks with the steamworld games if the vita hype on lrg has died. I assume their switch games are going to become the new vita games in time
I think the market will exist for both systems. But the Switch will eventually eclipse the Vita for demand at some point once the installed ownership base for the Switch exceeds that of the Vita ownership base, which will likely be sometime 2019. Presently, I read somewhere the Switch just sold over the one million system mark two weeks ago for North America. Post Christmas, the first five months of the year are generally regarded as a dead zone for system sales, with hardware sales picking back up in early summer.

Also, Switch owner's are not faced with such limited choices for new game releases. Early LRG Switch title sales will be driven almost purely by collector's and re-sellers/flippers.

I won't support scammers.
giphy.gif

I think the market will exist for both systems. But the Switch will eventually eclipse the Vita for demand at some point once the installed ownership base for the Switch exceeds that of the Vita ownership base, which will likely be sometime 2019. Presently, I read somewhere the Switch just sold over the one million system mark two weeks ago for North America. Post Christmas, the first five months of the year are generally regarded as a dead zone for system sales, with hardware sales picking back up in early summer.

Also, Switch owner's are not faced with such limited choices for new game releases. Early LRG Switch title sales will be driven almost purely by collector's and re-sellers/flippers.
I think it’s sold well over a million at this point. For me if I wasn’t still going for complete vita, I would be all in on the switch as well. No way would I go for complete switch but I’m buying most games there now that I think would work well as handheld

On kickstarter during Plague Road campaign they promised people who backed x amount would be in the credits, yet they stopped with names somewhere around S
So if your name starts with an T U V W X Y or Z or you are in the later part of the S your name is not in the credits even though it was promised and you actually paid for that.

Why would I support people like this?

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXsu7FRfNeg[/YOUTUBE]

On kickstarter during Plague Road campaign they promised people who backed x amount would be in the credits, yet they stopped with names somewhere around S
So if your name starts with an T U V W X Y or Z or you are in the later part of the S your name is not in the credits even though it was promised and you actually paid for that.

That really sucks. Did anyone contact them about this or did they make statement?

On the other hand, thanks for posting the video. I completely forgot about the credits for this game and found the name I submitted. I LOL'd because I submitted it as a joke.

Just grabbed the "Captain's Choice" bundle for the Vita, now to see if I keep it before the 30 days is up. LOL
I just did the same even though I thought Mecho Tales was a horrible game. I did get it for free so a least I didn't pay for it. The limited amount of these being produced made this appealing to me and I have the limited version of Plague Road as well. I do like that they include a download code with the purchase as well.

That really sucks. Did anyone contact them about this or did they make statement?

On the other hand, thanks for posting the video. I completely forgot about the credits for this game and found the name I submitted. I LOL'd because I submitted it as a joke.
I don't know for certain but user on LRG forums claims that they already stated it won't be patched either

I don't know for certain but user on LRG forums claims that they already stated it won't be patched either
From their comments on KS, "I'm looking into the credits, looks like a bug where it displays too much text, will get it all fixed in a patch." It looks like this was just brought up 2 days ago so I'm not sure this really qualifies as a scam yet.

From their comments on KS, "I'm looking into the credits, looks like a bug where it displays too much text, will get it all fixed in a patch." It looks like this was just brought up 2 days ago so I'm not sure this really qualifies as a scam yet.
I actually just saw my name in the credits, but I didn't care if it was there or not. I received everything from their last KS I paid for, so I'm good. I guess if having my name displayed someplace was a big deal, I guess I would be bent out of shape over it, but it was a non issue for me either way.

I sold my extra Plague Road variant for $200, so that paid for that KS as well as this one(and then some), so I'll support them again.

Wow, I wasn't even aware of this, yep, my name isn't there. <sigh> Oh well, Luc Bernard did address this yesterday it seems.

Luc Bernard Collaborator about 17 hours ago
I'm looking into the credits, looks like a bug where it displays too much text, will get it all fixed in a patch.
On the up side, they're only going to include names of backers who pledged at a $200 or higher tier for this new game. And the Captain's Choice (collector's edition) is nearly fully pledged for now!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcadedistillery/skullpirates-a-piratey-action-rpg

Wow, I wasn't even aware of this, yep, my name isn't there. <sigh> Oh well, Luc Bernard did address this yesterday it seems.

On the up side, they're only going to include names of backers who pledged at a $200 or higher tier for this new game. And the Captain's Choice (collector's edition) is nearly fully pledged for now!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcadedistillery/skullpirates-a-piratey-action-rpg
Yeah they replied to my tweet. Game has been out for so long I have no idea how they just noticed it. If they patch it before the campaign is over I might consider pledging $40 for standard edition. Does anyone know if the both standard and limited editions are Asian Versions as they are partnering up with play-asia? Is there going to be NA release?

xz9Y6DfhRiS1ENmDvzSKLA.jpeg

Good question. No idea if it's going to be tagged as a R3 release or what at this point. I'll ask on the KS comments section if no one else has done so yet.

Okay Milera, no one else had asked such questions yet concerning region, so I just did. Will copy and post the answer here whenever it gets answered as that is a excellent need to know for collecting purposes.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists Updated:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2017 -
- 4th Quarter
Shakedown Hawaii (December, maybe)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (December, maybe)
Steamworld Dig: A Fistful of Dirt (12/15)
Steamworld Heist (12/15)
- Release Dates Not Yet Announced, Most Will Likely Convert to 2018 Releases.
Croixleur Sigma (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Home: A Unique Horror Adventure (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (TBA)
Va-11 Hall-A (TBA)

- 2018 -
- 1st Quarter
Muv-Luv Trilogy (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Under Night In-Brith Exe:Late[st] (2/9)
Velocity 2X : Critical Mass Edition (1/23)
- 2nd Quarter
Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms (2nd Quarter)
SkullPirates (2nd Quarter)
- Release Dates Not Yet Announced
7’sCarlet (TBA)
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (TBA)
Battle Princess Madelyn (TBA)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)
Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ (TBA)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Factotum 90 (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Mecho Tales (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Organ Trail: Complete Edition (TBA)
Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk (TBA)
Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly (TBA)
Reverie (TBA)
Siralim (TBA)
Siralim 2 (TBA)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (February)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
The BIT.TRIP (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's awesome and you should buy it.
Yes, this. Odin Sphere is an excellent port of a PS2 game. I personally own the PS4 version, as I wanted it on the big screen with 1080p and 60fps. It is a side-scrolling combat beat-em-up, with some of the best 2D art in gaming. It honestly looks like a hand-painted masterpiece while you're playing it.

On an original-model OLED Vita Odin Sphere especially shines, as the colors and blacks really pop. It comes from the same studio who did Muramasa. If you have played that game on Vita, then you should already know what to expect from Odin Sphere. I would personally say that Odin Sphere feels even larger than Muramasa, as there are several more playable characters and storylines in Odin Sphere. (while Muramasa pretty much just has the two) There is also a "bit" more variety in the environments in Odin Sphere. Murmasa has some variety, but all of it is set in feudal Japan, so the Japanese imagery is prevalent throughout. Odin Sphere is inspired by Norse mythology, so you get a bit more breadth in the environments, everything from European cities, to mountains, to sewers, to fairy forests, to the land of the dead.

So yes, Odin Sphere is an easy recommendation. Bonus points if you manage to get it on sale.

So yes, Odin Sphere is an easy recommendation. Bonus points if you manage to get it on sale.
Digital is on sale for $15.99 in the PSN store until tomorrow.

Curious if it is better on PS4 or Vita.

I have the disc on PS4 but have not gotten to it that much yet.

I play my Vita more than my PS4.

I do have an original model and I LOVE IT! (I will cry like a baby if it ever breaks)

When alien anthropologists discover the Vita and invade Earth to take all our Vita games, allowing each of us to keep only one, Odin Sphere is the one I'm going to keep.
I would ask if they could rape me twice and let me keep P4G also.

SquareEnix is going to release a limited run of the remake of 'Secret of Mana' for PS4, but not Vita. Boo. I mean, I get it...but booooooooo.

Got my Cursed Castilla EX package from Play-Asia today.  I honestly don't remember even getting a shipment notice for it so it was a pleasant surprise.

Digital is on sale for $15.99 in the PSN store until tomorrow.

Curious if it is better on PS4 or Vita.

I have the disc on PS4 but have not gotten to it that much yet.

I play my Vita more than my PS4.

I do have an original model and I LOVE IT! (I will cry like a baby if it ever breaks)
Does remote play not work on this title or do you play your Vita mostly away from home?

That's the problem, SquEnix once again opting to do a digital-only release for the English language version of something on the Vita when there is a demand for the physical. Japan is getting a physical release, as usual.

That's the problem, SquEnix once again opting to do a digital-only release for the English language version of something on the Vita when there is a demand for the physical. Japan is getting a physical release, as usual.
Exactly, and Gamestop would have easily taken my money as with Tales R.

Does remote play not work on this title or do you play your Vita mostly away from home?
The page says nothing about remote play or cross save.
I play mostly away from home. On the train, lunch break, etc...
I went ahead and grabbed it. I figure I have not seen it that low and with the money I did not spend because of lack of sales on Black Friday, I could not miss out on this.

Also, I know most of you go for physical copies here, but a bunch of Hypertension games and dlc just went up on sale on PSN for huge discounts until 01/06.

Exactly, and Gamestop would have easily taken my money as with Tales R.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the choice for no Vita version came from both sides. As you can't even buy a new Vita from GS anymore, and most stores have buried or removed the Vita sections altogether(they throw out cases, etc.).

I completely agree it would have been pretty much free money. As even at a low qty, where most stores got 1-2 copies, that would still have sold out rather quick, and taken up little to no store space.

Oh well, I wish I could say I was a fan of either entity, but the only place I shop less than GS, is probably SE titles. So if either company went tit's up tomorrow, I wouldn't be loosing a moments sleep. Hell, I would probably throw a party. LOL

bread's done
Back