PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you grab both sealed vita game and sealed CE from what appears to be a gamestop receipt?!
Yes, I grabbed both Sealed copies of Drive Girls and The CE of Fate Extella from Gamestop. They seem to be on sale. I was going to get the PS4 version of Fate Extella CE but the store didn't have any in stock. If you buy the game Fate Extella only, it costs more than the CE for some reason.

Digimon was a slog to get through. I like my Digimon, but god I found it excruciating to get through in the hopes that it would get better..but congrats on finishing!
I just started Chapter 18. Cyber Sleuth has been in my Vita for over a year; I made the goal earlier this month to finally finish it so I can get to Trails of Cold Steel. But yeah, what a poorly paced game.
I agree with you guys, I really enjoyed evolving the Digimons, but towards the end, All the super-mega ones requires many conditions to evolve and I was getting no progress, so the game immediately became very dull.

And I gave up on Forma 8. I found it incredibly slow and boring.

Happy Vita Monday!

JaKop8ml.jpg

A new Catherine game has been announced for the PS4 and the vita. Not quite sure if it’s a full blown remake or not. Physical plz

EDIT: Western release too would be nice

After seeing it posted earlier I went to a local GS and picked up the CE of Fate Extella for $20. It's actually a really nice edition too! Don't know much about the game but looks like a musou type which I generally enjoy so cool stuff.

But before I give it a play if anyone wants to hook me up with any backstory that'd be cool. Never played a fate game before and I think this is a sequel.

edit: Also Catherine for Vita. I hope that gets a US physical release very badly that's awesome.

After seeing it posted earlier I went to a local GS and picked up the CE of Fate Extella for $20. It's actually a really nice edition too! Don't know much about the game but looks like a musou type which I generally enjoy so cool stuff.

But before I give it a play if anyone wants to hook me up with any backstory that'd be cool. Never played a fate game before and I think this is a sequel.

edit: Also Catherine for Vita. I hope that gets a US physical release very badly that's awesome.
I suggest watching Fate/Zero. It doesn't have (a lot of) my waifu Rin though.

Keep in mind you still wont know who the protag is though, as she doesnt appear in Fate Zero, nor the "main" Fate anime. But as far as backstory goes, Zero will give you everything you need to know.
As long as I have a good enough idea regarding the backstory I'll be happy.

Thanks!

Technically Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star is the third game in the alternate universe game series that began with Fate/Extra on the PSP. Whereas Fate/Zero is a prequel to the original hit video game & anime series Fate Stay/Night.

Tweeg is right. I just never personally liked the previous Fate games. Loved ZERO and UBW (because Rin). Extella I really enjoyed though, as I said many times in this thread.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efdN69QscAg[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jwEhTyFX2g[/media]

All hail Red Saber and the Umu

So I'm realizing as I try to look into it that, this Fate stuff is a lot bigger and more complex than I thought. Is there actually an easy way to get into it? Will I be completely lost if I start extella without any background. Or is there like a movie I can watch that will catch me up as opposed to a series? I see it on Crunchyroll but it looks like a time sink :/

So I'm realizing as I try to look into it that, this Fate stuff is a lot bigger and more complex than I thought. Is there actually an easy way to get into it? Will I be completely lost if I start extella without any background. Or is there like a movie I can watch that will catch me up as opposed to a series? I see it on Crunchyroll but it looks like a time sink :/
I'd recommend watching the three main series in order of release. Don't get overwhelmed; take your time. I spent a year watching them just recently. I think you'll find them very enjoyable.

Fate stay/night (2006) ---> Fate/Zero (2011) --> Fate stay/night Unlimited Blade Works (aka UBW. 2014).

They are two cours (24-26 episodes) apiece. Last I checked, they were all on Netflix.

almost everything else are side stories or less important spinoffs. I believe the original PS2 game was tied into the first series. But it was JP only, so it doesn't really matter. (It's all based on manga and some old Windows VN games that never released here domestically).

almost everything else are side stories or less important spinoffs. I believe the original PS2 game was tied into the first series. But it was JP only, so it doesn't really matter. (It's all based on manga and some old Windows VN games that never released here domestically).
I thought Extella was a sequel to the Fate/Extra games on PSP.. and Fate/Extra CCC was never released here. He can probably read a synopsis for it.

I'd recommend watching the three main series in order of release. Don't get overwhelmed; take your time. I spent a year watching them just recently. I think you'll find them very enjoyable.

Fate stay/night (2006) ---> Fate/Zero (2011) --> Fate stay/night Unlimited Blade Works (aka UBW. 2014).

They are two cours (24-26 episodes) apiece. Last I checked, they were all on Netflix.

Thanks for this. Hope to watch a bit before starting... I have a while since the backlog is out of control.

bah, I thought he was asking about the shows.  I guess he was asking about the games.   My post was a waste. 

The Fate games really aren't a thing, at all, in the West.  There was a PSP game and now we have Extella.   Everything else you hear is weeb POV.  

I remember it back in the days when I ripped HCGs for 4chan... I'm surprised it's STILL popular more than 10 years later.

bah, I thought he was asking about the shows. I guess he was asking about the games. My post was a waste.

The Fate games really aren't a thing, at all, in the West. There was a PSP game and now we have Extella. Everything else you hear is weeb POV.
I actually was asking about the shows because I've heard/seen the games are far and few between here. Thanks for the tips. Hopefully I'll start getting into it soon though I have a feeling it will take me years to get through all of it. I appreciate it!

Fate stay/night should be watched first as Fate/Zero is a prequel that spoils a lot of the mystery in stay/night. Oh boy, now to try explaining Unlimited Blade Works (aka UBW).

The original Fate stay/night is a adult (18+) Visual Novel for PC that was only released in Japan. It quickly became the best selling VN of all time in Japan and a couple years later a revised version was made for the PS2 that had the sexual content removed and featured mostly higher quality audio, this version was titled Fate stay/night: Realta Nua and served to increase the fanbase astronomically, the anime series followed. And in the years afterward Realta Nua would be ported to both the PSP and Vita, again only released in Japan.

Now what you need to know is that the VN is utterly amazing and takes 80+ hours to read through, on the first play through. The VN, if replayed a second time is not identical to the first play through, rather there are three alternate stories of Fate.:

1st Playthrough - stay/night

2nd Playthrough - Heaven's Feel

3rd Playthrough - Unlimited Blade Works

So unlike a normal VN, Type Moon decided to make a linear VN that compelled people to want to play again, and when they started a new game with a save file for completion of a initial playthrough present, Heaven's Feel was the alternate story they were rewarded with. Likewise if a thrid time playing was begun with a Heaven's Feel completion save present, UBW was the alternate story the player was bestowed with.

I thought Extella was a sequel to the Fate/Extra games on PSP.. and Fate/Extra CCC was never released here. He can probably read a synopsis for it.
That is correct!

I only remember two things:

1. We tried really hard to do Saber's Excalibur move, and when one of us finally pulled it off, all of us would yell "EXXXCALLLIIBAAAR~~~~"

2. Rider has this move where she would stab herself, and the screen would go red or whatever, we never figured out what that move is supposed to achieve.

Yep thats it, Olengie sure is knowlegable.

Now Im really missing school days, no mortagage and no worries about layoffs and whatnot.

TWO LRG Releases in one week inbound!!!

- 2018 -
- 1st Quarter

Mecho Tales (1/1)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Rock Boshers DX: Director's Cut (1/5)
Velocity 2X : Critical Mass Edition (1/23)

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/944332555851091968

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/944334045269364736

Oh great, two editions of Mecho Tales! The standard edition has a stained glass-style cover art reminiscent of the Plague Road: KickStarter Edition cover art. The Developer's Edition features a more generic cover art, but has a slipcover!

https://limitedrungames.com/

Quoted from the LRG newsletter e-mail.:

It's time to clear out our stock room!

This New Year's Day, Monday, January 1st, 2018 - we'll be listing the vast majority of our leftover stock from our 2017 releases (outside of whatever we end up holding on to for live events). For every release we do, we end up holding back around 10% of the total run in order to have replacements on hand. For most games, we rarely even need to use 1% of that, but we like to play it safe! This means we have a TON of leftovers!

Everything we have on offer will go live on the site at 10AM Eastern Time, and there will no purchase limits outside of some of the very limited offerings (mostly collector's editions).

As with our 2016 Black Friday sale, we'll be offering blind boxed games for both PS4 and Vita. These blind boxes will be packaged in a special custom printed box, randomized, and shrinkwrapped. This year, we've made sure to retain equal amounts of some very hot titles for the blind boxes so there will not be any kind of imbalance towards specific titles. At a flat price of $24.99 per blind box, customers will have a chance to get some more expensive titles at a lower price!

Very small quantities of some 2016 releases will also be inserted into blind boxes so there will be a small chance to obtain Breach & Clear, Saturday Morning RPG, Firewatch, Shantae, and some other 2016 games. We're pulling those from our personal collections to make these blind boxes extra exciting!

In our next email about this sale, we'll reveal some details on what will be going on sale, the quantities available, and the blind box probabilities.
Alongside the clearance blowout, we'll have a brand new game available - Arcade Distillery's Mecho Tales. This game is available in two flavors - a standard edition, limited to 1,500 copies, and a "developer edition", limited to 1,000 copies. The developer edition includes a slipcover, new art, and an additional trading card and it exists to help provide more funding for the developer to continue creating fantastic gaming experiences. Both games go on sale on Monday, January 1st at 10 AM Eastern Time.

Any Vita game for 5.99 is good.
I counter, by bringing to your attention the few physical Vita games that are NOT even worth $2.

Little Deviants

Smart As (I can't believe they forgot the last "s" on the game's title.)

But yes, most physical Vita games are worth a surprise purchase at $6.

bread's done
Back