PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, so about $65-$70 total on the CE? That's a pretty hard pill to swallow, no doubt. I'm gonna have to think this one over pretty good, as that is for sure over my budget.

Both the Vita and PS4 soundtrack bundles of "Croixleur Sigma" and the PS4 version of "Sky Force: Anniversary" were sold out in under two minutes!
The Vita version of "Sky Force: Anniversary" sold out in under three minutes!
Round two of this LRG sale is going to be brutal for anyone after Sky Force: Anniversary considering how fast Round 1 inventory sold.
If you really want a game, you should know the process behind it. Just do the necessary log ins before and you’re golden.

Also I’m sure people have already seen but both Utawarerumono games dropped to $20 at gamestop. Even got lucky (I think) in store and got the pillow case edition sealed

*amazon has now price matched gamestop on both games

Also I’m sure people have already seen but both Utawarerumono games dropped to $20 at gamestop. Even got lucky (I think) in store and got the pillow case edition sealed

Are we still supposed to be getting the other one of the three that we're missing?

Are we still supposed to be getting the other one of the three that we're missing?
The remake for the original (which was initially PC exclusive/PS2 in Japan) was announced after the other two came out.

There's been no announcement one way or another about localization, but I've got my fingers crossed. Would be great to have the entire trilogy on the Vita.

Dang it, not sure why but we were swamped with customers tonight so I couldn't get away to order 99 Vidas until after it had sold out. And SLG's poorly timed second round is at the start of the busiest shift at Best Buy (Sunday opening time) and I'm scheduled to be there once again. Would be nice if someone would burn my Best Buy location to the ground tonight.

Dang it, not sure why but we were swamped with customers tonight so I couldn't get away to order 99 Vidas until after it had sold out. And SLG's poorly timed second round is at the start of the busiest shift at Best Buy (Sunday opening time) and I'm scheduled to be there once again. Would be nice if someone would burn my Best Buy location to the ground tonight.
I completely forgot about it, even though I set an alarm too so I'm definitely not missing the second batch tomorrow. If want, I can try to grab an extra copy for you, just pm me and let me know what you want and we can work something out.

I completely forgot about it, even though I set an alarm too so I'm definitely not missing the second batch tomorrow. If want, I can try to grab an extra copy for you, just pm me and let me know what you want and we can work something out.
What time does it go live tomorrow?

Never mind

Make a quick trip to the bathroom 2 minutes before hand. They can't knock you for needing to take a shit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Any significant difference between the PS4 and Vita versions of these?

Make a quick trip to the bathroom 2 minutes before hand. They can't knock you for needing to take a shit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk
They sure can.

Never risk your job over a video game. The amount of money you make even at an entry level job is going to significantly outweigh the benefit of getting on any game before its value rises.

I ordered 99 Vidas just to cover you if you missed the window. Contact me via PM if you are interested in getting a copy at cost. Got PS4 and Vita since I didn't know if you preferred one over the other or wanted both.

I ordered 99 Vidas just to cover you if you missed the window. Contact me via PM if you are interested in getting a copy at cost. Got PS4 and Vita since I didn't know if you preferred one over the other or wanted both.
Dang. This dude is a Saint! Good job and good looking out!

Oh wow, appreciate the thoughtfulness! Managed to get online during a lull in customers and got a copy ordered at noon. Customer flow at work today was really off from the usual for whatever reason, we had tons of reservations and not even half of them showed up, very odd for a Sunday. Ended up just ordering the standard edition, just couldn't justify the overall price of the CE even if it is Sega Retro incarnate.

I'd take you up on the offer since he got a copy, if you're still looking to let it go.

Muv Luv is close to entering Vita cart production. We could actually get this before Sekai Project x LRG actually releases anything and they had 2 yrs!

It was the first of Kickstarters, it was the last of Kickstarters. 

Boy it was an amazing amount of finished CE item descriptions and pictures back when I paid for this thing around May 2015, was it?  They made it look like it was ready to go into production before the end of the year. 

Boy it was an amazing amount of finished CE item descriptions and pictures back when I paid for this thing around May 2015, was it? They made it look like it was ready to go into production before the end of the year.
I personally didn't think any of that. I think it was right on their part to focus on the Steam versions first than attempting to work on PC and Vita simultaneously (which originally caused delays). With PC done, they can focus all their resources on the Vita version (unlike Sekai Project who decides to do another Kickstarter instead). You also need to keep in mind that it is just not about copy/pasting English text into the engine and hoping it works. A lot of QA goes into it. One change can effect the whole game.

Besides, even if all the physical items were all ready to be shipped, the majority of the Backers voted to have everything shipped together

Boy it was an amazing amount of finished CE item descriptions and pictures back when I paid for this thing around May 2015, was it? They made it look like it was ready to go into production before the end of the year.
I think the major delay was the all the behind the scenes shenanigans with age being sold to that other company. We've only heard of the transition recently, but I'm sure it's been in the works for a while and unfortunately happened at the worst time for us.

Muv Luv is close to entering Vita cart production. We could actually get this before Sekai Project x LRG actually releases anything and they had 2 yrs!
MuvLuv... talk about memories. September 2015. It's going to be close to 2.5 years between that KS going live and actually getting games. I'm just glad it's finally getting done.

I'm assuming you are talking MuvLuv and it was September 2015. The June 2016 update sent to vita backers said November 2016 for release. It did look like it wasn't too far off from coming out when the Kickstarter went up and being it was a translation job only it did sound like it wouldn't take this long to come to life. At least it's going to be done. Though the last message said it would be entering production soon, so I'm thinking March at the earliest before we get it (at best).

MuvLuv... talk about memories. September 2015. It's going to be close to 2.5 years between that KS going live and actually getting games. I'm just glad it's finally getting done.
I'm still waiting for Sekai Project to tell me if the Vita version of Grisaia will happen or not. I've been waiting just as long as the Muv KS to get some goddam information. If we're not going to get it. Just say no. But all they say is "expect news soon" and then that never happens.

I'm assuming you are talking MuvLuv and it was September 2015. The June 2016 update sent to vita backers said November 2016 for release. It did look like it wasn't too far off from coming out when the Kickstarter went up and being it was a translation job only it did sound like it wouldn't take this long to come to life. At least it's going to be done. Though the last message said it would be entering production soon, so I'm thinking March at the earliest before we get it (at best).
Think about all those poor sap, er, folk who backed for the Vita version of Cosmic Star Heroine.

I read someone where the there was issue with one of the Japanese Vita cart releases that required a patch to resolve so part of the Vita delay was intentionally setting it off to the side while waiting for the original developer to make a patch so that the English version could get pre-patched before the data ever got committed to the game cart. I'm perfectly fine with that.

I'm still waiting for Sekai Project to tell me if the Vita version of Grisaia will happen or not. I've been waiting just as long as the Muv KS to get some goddam information. If we're not going to get it. Just say no. But all they say is "expect news soon" and then that never happens.
Sekai Project is a messy company that hasn't learned it's best to focus on production and/or localization of one game at a time. They're far to small of a publisher to be doing the volume of games they try rather unsuccessfully to handle work on all at once and thus nothing ever really comes out on time from them.

That Steam transition was not smooth at all though. You usually do not need to create new Steam APP IDs after a publisher changes, especially when they were working so closely with Degica. Normally they should be able to use the same store page and APP ID without having to delist the game and provide new keys.. I wonder what happened with Degica, because it doesn't seem like a simple contract expiration.

What this means is anyone that bought the game directly from Steam before probably won't get any support for the game anymore. No more patches or bug fixes (if it needed any). Kickstarter backers are fine, but it can potentially screw over Steam customers if any new content or patches is added for the new APP IDs but not the old ones.

Hopefully the Vita production goes a lot smoother than that.

Probably going to mess with the adult content patch for the PC version as well, not that I've bothered to download it or redeem the Steam Key for that matter.

Happy Tuesday!

This arrived earlier today. ^___^

3pzeP9jl.jpg

Happy Tuesday!

This arrived earlier today. ^___^
I love the art on Operation Babel's cover, though it doesn't look like something I'd enjoy playing. I'm surprised you didn't already have Tokyo Xanadu. I bought that a while back when it was cheap on Amazon. Of course I haven't played it yet, but I intend to get to it when I get back to playing vita games. Currently I'm playing Shenmue 2 on the original Xbox in prep for when Shenmue 3 comes out.

Let me know how you like Babel, i saw it just drop to $20 at gamestop.

Also does anyone remember what was the lowest MeiQ physical ever got new? i think $20 right? I got curious all of a sudden to try it out myself
MeiQ floated around $16.xx before, because I thought about getting it then, but then shot up right after it hit around that price.

Interested in digging into Babel though since I enjoyed Abyss.

I love the art on Operation Babel's cover, though it doesn't look like something I'd enjoy playing. I'm surprised you didn't already have Tokyo Xanadu. I bought that a while back when it was cheap on Amazon. Of course I haven't played it yet, but I intend to get to it when I get back to playing vita games. Currently I'm playing Shenmue 2 on the original Xbox in prep for when Shenmue 3 comes out.
Yeah, I kind of held off on Tokyo Xanadu for awhile. Part of me was still salty over being screwed over by Shiren, so I basically tried to take a similar approach to it. Of course, seems to be taking a different course than Shiren, so decided to pick it up finally. ;P

Considering your collection, I'm surprised you didn't have these already.
Some of these I only have in LE form, and I have yet to crack them open yet.

I was able to find all of these for cheaper, so I thought, why not for play copies. ;D

Got catch, unfortunately no free shipping with saver anymore, so I think its a fice dollar shipping?
Just order it with another used game for a good price, if that one arrives incomplete, then return it to a store, and then keep Babel. ;D

If it comes complete though, even better, lol.

Some of these I only have in LE form, and I have yet to crack them open yet.

I was able to find all of these for cheaper, so I thought, why not for play copies. ;D

Just order it with another used game for a good price, if that one arrives incomplete, then return it to a store, and then keep Babel. ;D

If it comes complete though, even better, lol.
Do they refund shipping if you return in store? Haven't done this trick before.

Also, just realized I have Babel already, bought it from GS for $30 on a whim lol. It is a complete copy of Abyss that I am searching for, though I might just give up on Abyss since I don't think I can finish so many DRPGs. Still have Stranger and Mary Skelter that I need to play along with Babel. Since I typically need a good cool down period between DRPGs, adding to the DRPG backlog pile does not seem like a wise idea...

Do they refund shipping if you return in store? Haven't done this trick before.

Also, just realized I have Babel already, bought it from GS for $30 on a whim lol. It is a complete copy of Abyss that I am searching for, though I might just give up on Abyss since I don't think I can finish so many DRPGs. Still have Stranger and Mary Skelter that I need to play along with Babel. Since I typically need a good cool down period between DRPGs, adding to the DRPG backlog pile does not seem like a wise idea...
No, shipping is never refundable unfortunately, which is why you should always try for free shipping.

Also, rip. :D

I don't think they have a free shipping minimum now, I did a mock check out with $100 in Vita games, still shows $7.XX value shipping.
wow what !?
i hope that's just some temp glitch cause every retailor has a minimum for free shipping.
Gamestop will become more irrelevant than.

I changed my Bloodstained Kickstarter survey from physical Vita to Switch after seeing this video/gif

https://twitter.com/SwordOrWhip/status/956635653206257664

If they're tweeting that to build Switch hype I have a feeling they'll prioritize Switch over Vita. Switch version will probably hold more value too.

Dammit. I want to trophy hunt on the go. I wish Nintendo had added their own version of trophies/achievements.
They still might, you just have to wait for them to finally announce their online plans. Honestly, it's pretty dumb of them if they don't have any plans for it. Most indie and 3rd party titles already have active list for most games, so adding a feature of some kind pretty much falls to "N", and if they want to make it a "thing" or not.

It's still a great set of features, that really don't harm anything if there, and for those who don't care, they can be ignored. It's really just a win/win at this point, but if anyone can take a great idea, and turn it in to shit, it's "N". LOL

bread's done
Back