PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Turned my Vita TV on for the first time in a few months yesterday, and apparently every last downloaded title I have stored on my memory card is corrupt. So far I've only had a chance to test one game card (Persona 4), the save file for which seems to be working normally.

(1) Is there any chance this can be fixed by simply redownloading my games, or is my memory card actually kaput?
(2a) If it can be fixed by redownloading, how can I do this without also deleting my existing save files?
(2b) If my memory card is broken, is there any way to salvage my save files? Or are they stored on internal memory and I don't have to worry about that?

Turned my Vita TV on for the first time in a few months yesterday, and apparently every last downloaded title I have stored on my memory card is corrupt. So far I've only had a chance to test one game card (Persona 4), the save file for which seems to be working normally.

(1) Is there any chance this can be fixed by simply redownloading my games, or is my memory card actually kaput?
(2a) If it can be fixed by redownloading, how can I do this without also deleting my existing save files?
(2b) If my memory card is broken, is there any way to salvage my save files? Or are they stored on internal memory and I don't have to worry about that?
From what I remember the Vita is odd about not letting you delete the Game File without also deleting the save data. Are you a playstation plus member? If you are, I would check the last time you uploaded your save files to the cloud. If you aren't I would sign up for a trial and upload your saves, re-download the game, and the transfer the save files back to the system.

From what I remember the Vita is odd about not letting you delete the Game File without also deleting the save data. Are you a playstation plus member? If you are, I would check the last time you uploaded your save files to the cloud. If you aren't I would sign up for a trial and upload your saves, re-download the game, and the transfer the save files back to the system.
No, definitely don't do that. I'm assuming PSTV and Vita are the same about how save files are set up, so that means if your digital game is corrupt, your save file is too. You may be able to play the game fine for a while but then it'll get stuck on a loading screen or crash at a certain point, and copying that save to the cloud means you won't be able to continue from an earlier point.

Edit: I may or may not have misinterpreted what you said about the cloud save - I'm saying definitely don't overwrite your cloud save with your (now corrupt) local save. If he didn't have PS+ before, I don't think copying those saves will work, but I suppose it can't hurt to try.

Physical PS Vita game collection pic. Also got two 32 GB memory cards packed with digital games (just grabbed Dragon Ball & a PS TV with a 16 GB card. Need to pick up a spare Vita soon (model 1000 all day, OLED screen = best option imo) & of course I’ll prob add a few more games to the collection before all is said and done, Velocity, Salt & Sanctuary, Oddworld: Munch’s Odyssey. [attachment=29480:FA8F9697-5482-45BE-9A3C-79DF407ADE80.jpeg]

Physical PS Vita game collection pic. Also got two 32 GB memory cards packed with digital games (just grabbed Dragon Ball & a PS TV with a 16 GB card. Need to pick up a spare Vita soon (model 1000 all day, OLED screen = best option imo) & of course I’ll prob add a few more games to the collection before all is said and done, Velocity, Salt & Sanctuary, Oddworld: Munch’s Odyssey.

Physical PS Vita game collection pic. Also got two 32 GB memory cards packed with digital games (just grabbed Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z) & a PS TV with a 16 GB card. Need to pick up a spare Vita soon (model 1000 all day, OLED screen = best option imo) & of course I’ll prob add a few more games to the collection before all is said and done, Velocity, Salt & Sanctuary, Oddworld: Munch’s Odyssey.

I need to dig out my PSTV and add it to my list of stuff I'm getting rid of... down to just 5 import vita games to sell off, and the PSTV... back when I cared about the Vita I probably had over 100 games.

out of curiosity what size memory card did you have in your vita tv Souffrir ?
It's an 8gb. Fortunately this means that I've had to back up my stuff on my PC so that I could switch between what I have installed. Unfortunately I'm also pretty lazy about backups, so I probably have upwards of 200 hours worth of time in my save files on my Vita TV that haven't been backed up.

And no, I don't have PS+, for those who asked.

You should really consider getting that 16GB card. It may not seem that great, but it's a really good improvement over the 8GB, especially if you want to run about five big games off one system.

You should really consider getting that 16GB card. It may not seem that great, but it's a really good improvement over the 8GB, especially if you want to run about five big games off one system.
Space honestly isn't much of an issue for me, and if memory cards are going to break out of nowhere, I'd prefer smaller ones for the lower investment.

Man, you guys have some sick collections. Makes me super jealous. My days of collecting games are far gone, but I still look back on those days fondly. Keep up the good work y’all!

Man, you guys have some sick collections. Makes me super jealous. My days of collecting games are far gone, but I still look back on those days fondly. Keep up the good work y’all!
Yeah, I still collect, but only until I decide to sell everything off, and start something else. I can't even take pictures of my Vita collection, as most things are scattered and stored around my house. Often times, I sell my collections before most games have ever been played or displayed, how sad is that? LOL

Excited to post and wanted to say a thank you to all the recurring thread visitors, regular posters, and those who have helped me grow my vita collection. It even turned into a hunt during a trip to Spain for some Euro-copies as well as Tadeo (Spain Only). Thanks for all the sagely advice. I also have +2 sealed copies of OddWorld Strangers Wrath Vita I’ll have to get rid off ( one of each style), if anyone is interested.

And now, my collection:
[attachment=29494:013F34BD-4A11-45BA-8CB3-C923B551FE6F.jpeg][attachment=29495:3049D176-E8F9-490F-BBA7-6BEFD2DF9F16.jpeg][attachment=29496:2C13C23F-6314-4AE9-9142-B54088B736CF.jpeg][attachment=29497:FFA8DC2B-5CCC-40F7-935C-7637C1DADD9E.jpeg]

I'm interested in picking up the Shiren Wanderer's Edition PlayAsia has on sale, but their shipping charges are ridiculous. Is there some way to open up cheaper s&h options or am I stuck paying $15 minimum for economy?

Those two cases without art inserts stick out like a sore thumb. Why don't you switch their place with the Conception II and move that game where they are?
I guess that never cured to me honestly. I have 3 carts that don't have covers, one from the assassin's creed bundle and two other loose carts I picked up. I ordered the extra cases when Limited Run had the cases available, but they've since taken the, down- right?

I know there used to be a site to lookup covers and print them but unsure it would have the others:
- assassin's creed iii liberation
- dungeon hunter: alliance
- Rayman Origins

I'm interested in picking up the Shiren Wanderer's Edition PlayAsia has on sale, but their shipping charges are ridiculous. Is there some way to open up cheaper s&h options or am I stuck paying $15 minimum for economy?
$15 to ship from oversea is not ridiculous

Yeah, I still collect, but only until I decide to sell everything off, and start something else. I can't even take pictures of my Vita collection, as most things are scattered and stored around my house. Often times, I sell my collections before most games have ever been played or displayed, how sad is that? LOL
I still to this day have a love-hate relationship with the Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance. Twice in the past I have completely sold off my entire collection of systems and games of these three platforms, and shall doubtless at least partially purge the collections of the three again in the future.

First time I purged I owned CIB all four Final Fantasy games. Second time I purged I had CIB Pokemon's Blue, Red, Yellow, and TCG, among others. Kinda annoyed to see how drastically the values of those all shot up in the ten plus years since I sold those.

Also purged about half of the titles I had owned for my PSP at one point and narrowed it down to just titles I like to play or want to get around to playing eventually. Have been debating purging titles from my DS and 3DS collections as well.

Yeah, I've been deeply reflecting on my video game collecting though in recent years, mostly due to space and monetary concerns. Thankfully most of the modern consoles are somewhat garbage to collect for thanks to "Online Only Play" titles, beta released games that require DLC patching to correct glitches, and other such non-sense. I literally no longer add any games to my collection that I'm not at least a bit interested in playing for the PS2, PSP, PS3, GC, Wii, X360, or XB1. I've even backed off on NES and N64 games of little to no interest as there were quite a lot of titles on both I really could care less about. Also the idea of collecting 100% of the releases for my native (U.S.A.) release region has become strongly appealing to me as time has gone by. I use to dream of doing such a thing when I was a teenager, and now with the Vita that's finally looking like a reality. I initially made a huge effort to 100% the U.S. Dreamcast releases, but here I am some sixteen years later and still missing twenty-some titles, some of which now command over a hundred dollars for a good condition complete copy. Where I went wrong with collecting for the beloved Dreamcast was not buying the higher demand Capcom titles when they price dropped and instead gobbling up the low demand titles at cheap prices, which were destined to remain cheap titles.

With Vita, I've got a job, I have the ability to budget for the titles as they come out, and I'm not taking chances on missing out this go around. Presently I am only three games shy of having all R1 games that have already been released, with those three missing being titles still readily available from mass online retailers that I'm just waiting on a price drop on before purchasing. And only one upcoming release not yet pre-ordered. In for a penny, in for a pound.

I'm late to the "post your collection" trend. My excuse is that my first child was born on Thursday. :baby:

If you count loose, CIB, NIB, and CEs equally as "having a game," I have a nearly complete R1 collection. I'm missing at least Ar Nosurge, Atelier Escha & Logy, Oddworld New n Tasty, and MMA Supremacy. Haven't gone through the checklist recently, though.

Imgur album

I'm late to the "post your collection" trend. My excuse is that my first child was born on Thursday. :baby:

If you count loose, CIB, NIB, and CEs equally as "having a game," I have a nearly complete R1 collection. I'm missing at least Ar Nosurge, Atelier Escha & Logy, Oddworld New n Tasty, and MMA Supremacy. Haven't gone through the checklist recently, though.

Imgur album
Congrats on the kiddo. Now you have someone to trade for Ar Nosurge, Atelier Escha & Logy, Oddworld New n Tasty, and MMA Supremacy...

As I have suggested to all new fathers get a Vita, it is the only thing you will get to play for the next 6 plus months. In this case it appears as though you have it covered.

I am trying to post my Vita collection, but it does not look like I can add anything to the gallery. How is everyone posting without using imgur etc.?

Update on my corrupt games situation:

I did some poking around google and stumbled on how to activate Safe Mode. From there I was able to rebuild the database, which seems to have fixed the problem without affecting my saves or even redownloading anything (though my folders have been reset). And actually it only took about a minute, despite the warning the system gave me that it might take hours.

@ Souffrir: I've had the same PSTV corruption problem happen on 3 cards (64, 32 and my current 16) and it may have happened after not turning the system on for months.

On my 1st card (32) I kept getting tons of errors and games not loading. Some games would load (like La Mulana EX) but the graphics were glitched and garbled.

On the 64, I had over 100 games in various folders and the icons started to load "blank" and games wouldn't even start.

I formatted the cards and rebuilt their database but the problem still occurred afterward.

So now on my current 16 card, I've decided to keep the data on the card to a minimum (complete it and delete it), 1 physical game and 2 digital at a time to see if it gets corrupt again. 

I finally got a Vita a couple of months ago and I hope this doesn't start happening to it :pray:

@ Souffrir: I've had the same PSTV corruption problem happen on 3 cards (64, 32 and my current 16) and it may have happened after not turning the system on for months.

On my 1st card (32) I kept getting tons of errors and games not loading. Some games would load (like La Mulana EX) but the graphics were glitched and garbled.

On the 64, I had over 100 games in various folders and the icons started to load "blank" and games wouldn't even start.

I formatted the cards and rebuilt their database but the problem still occurred afterward.

So now on my current 16 card, I've decided to keep the data on the card to a minimum (complete it and delete it), 1 physical game and 2 digital at a time to see if it gets corrupt again.

I finally got a Vita a couple of months ago and I hope this doesn't start happening to it :pray:
Wow man, that has to be frustrating. I’ve never had the problem with any of my Vitas, so hopefully it is one isolated to PSTV.

If you signed up for pre-order priority notification with Play-Asia.com, heads up! One More Dungeon pre-order went live about a half hour ago!

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/963065407501422592

If you signed up for pre-order priority notification with Play-Asia.com, heads up! One More Dungeon pre-order went live about a half hour ago!

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/963065407501422592
it is now listed as unavailable.

I had a similar failure with my orginal 16GB memory card on my Vita 2000, I can still play and save games, but I can no longer download or update the games on my memory card. (Thankfully updates are fairly few this late in the system's life.)

I saw that there were 3 measures that people recommended.

Eject the card, while the system is powered off (not on standby.) Use a can of compressed air to clean out possible dust from the connector on the system.

Rebuild the data base, this can take a few attempts to get all your games to get fixed, but if your card is "borked" (like mine was) then all it will do is add all the uneffected games back onto the list, and delete the ones in the corrupt areas of the card. (Try this 4-6 times, over an hour or two, for best results with corrupted data to save your information.)

The third recommendation is buy a new memory card.

Because of my memory card problem, I have invested in a SD card adapter($5), and a new PSTV system ($30) in hopes that I can manage to play several of the handheld only Vita games that are currently not working because of this memory card failure. Please remember to turn off your PSTV when you are not using it for a few days/months, as the memory card in the PSTV can mistakenly be in frequent use, if you don't disable automatic updates.

Excited to post and wanted to say a thank you to all the recurring thread visitors, regular posters, and those who have helped me grow my vita collection. It even turned into a hunt during a trip to Spain for some Euro-copies as well as Tadeo (Spain Only). Thanks for all the sagely advice. I also have +2 sealed copies of OddWorld Strangers Wrath Vita I’ll have to get rid off ( one of each style), if anyone is interested.

Two or three summers ago I sold my COD:BO3 1TB PS4 with the sweet paint job for very close to what I originally paid for it. And not long after I unloaded my Vita as well. At the time I just wasn’t playing video games anymore and wasn’t sure if I would again in the future.
Well I ended up getting back in to an obsessive degree with my new Ps4Pro and I could literally spend an entire day without getting up out of my chair between my two go to games, Monster Hunter World and Vermintide.
Anyhow I really want to find a good price on a sharp looking Vita and I’m trying to avoid all the mistakes I’ve made for both systems in the past. JRPG’s that would just end up spending more time on a shelf than inside the console? I don’t buy it. If I’m honest with myself I know what games I’m gonna dump hundreds of hours into and I repurchased none of the games that I owned last time around. If I liked those games all that much I wouldn’t have gotten bored and quit playing for awhile.
Anyhow I did make a few smart decisions that was nice to have coming back and that’s all my games purchased on the PSN. I gather you are all about physical media and in many ways I totally agree with you. Nine times out of ten or maybe even 99 out of 100 I want a physical copy, preferably one that doesn’t lose any online codes for content from possible previous owners. Physical copies have monetary value. If I own the disc I can resell it or trade it if I want. If I buy it online I’m stuck with it and cant receive any kind of value from it. So if I’m gonna buy something online I had better be 100% sure that I am going to love the game, and for me, I’ll only buy it if I think that I will want to keep that game permanently and that I won’t get tired of it, that I won’t beat it and then never play it again, and that the game won’t be obsolete at a future date and replaced by a future release that takes it’s place.
That being said I bought Monster Hunter World on PSN. Those games last virtually forever and thing still worked out to where buying PSN credit was the easiest and cheapest way to buy the game. Even bought the digital deluxe whichever at first I considered to be an oxymoron since digital copies don’t be come with the kind of bonus goodies I expect from deluxe editions. But for that game I am so glad I went digital. The game is terrific, so good that I’m glad I never have to remove it from the console. And it makes things easier and faster with the way Ive been jumping back and forth between MHW and Vermintide (bought the Complete Edition Bundle for 8 bucks during the PSN holiday sale and it eas a steal).
So my last Vita was a mint but used Orange slim from Japan and I want a colored case again but I don’t know if I want spend that’s much. The orange on earth was 169 and the Red one which was a newer release that I really wanted was 198. And then there’s the memory card prices. I cheaped out and got the 16GB last time and that was a huge mistake I don’t want to repeat. And I really don’t want to do the SD card trick that people are doing now. I want the Sony card. I want it to work flawlessly and have urban forever.
It’s gonna set me back a bit getting back into it but I got to and to make things a Little’s easier, I can fill up the 32 GB card immediately with the games I already own on the network. Having a sweet physical collection like the one above has so many benefits, but with money being tight it is gonna be a huge load off that I won’t be forced to come up with even more money to get started. Not gonna cheap out again this time. I’m getting the Red Vita possibly but I plan on coming to this website often to see if I can get a goodbye price on a blue or black one. Nothing used and beat up and scratched. Mint. I’m getting at least a 32GB card. Not cheaping out on that again. Answer as much as that collection you got there would look awesome on the shelf in my apartment, having huge digital library is gonna make it so I can afford getting back in when I might not have been able to otherwise.

Because of my memory card problem, I have invested in a SD card adapter($5), and a new PSTV system ($30) in hopes that I can manage to play several of the handheld only Vita games that are currently not working because of this memory card failure. Please remember to turn off your PSTV when you are not using it for a few days/months, as the memory card in the PSTV can mistakenly be in frequent use, if you don't disable automatic updates.
I also have 2 unopened PSTVs that I bought on sale, just in case my current one bites the dust. I also make it a habit to shut down all of my systems and unplug them after playing them.

I bought the Vita so I can play the games I bought that won't load on the PSTV, so far it hasn't run into any problems. If the Vita starts having corruption problems I will definitely look into getting a SD card adapter.

having huge digital library is gonna make it so I can afford getting back in when I might not have been able to otherwise.
Despite my collection, I have no problem with buying games digital for the vita. Between all the free stuff through PS+ over the years and what I've bought on the super cheap during sales, I really don't need most of my physical collection. That said, it's nice having my absolute favorite games in physical form since some games I love most were Free on PS+ and they will expire when I finally run out of PS+ in a few years. There's no telling when my PS+ expires if the games will still be available for purchase, so I'd rather have a phsyical copy. Ultimately I'd like my entire physical game collection across all systems to be around 50 games deep... but I'd be satisfied if it were just under 200.

I think ProtagorasEmber may just be used to reddit as the post formatting was similar to longer reddit posts which snip extra blank space between paragraphs so folks just tend not to try to add the extra space.  It took me maybe a minute to read through it... and it was interesting to see where someone else is coming from with the vita and game buying/collecting in general.

I've bought and sold off plenty of my own collections in the past.  I totally understand the cycle that can go into buying and selling this stuff... as well as trying to reign in expanding the collection to stop repeating the cycle.   Despite how much I have now in my overall physical collection (vita is maybe 1/8th of it, I'd have to count), this version of my collection is actually quite small from where I've been.   I think before I sell things off this next time I'm going to take pics so maybe I can let go of games that I love but know I legitimately won't be playing again.  My old 80's & 90's PC big box game collection comes to mind.

Two or three summers ago I sold my COD:BO3 1TB PS4 with the sweet paint job for very close to what I originally paid for it. And not long after I unloaded my Vita as well. At the time I just wasn’t playing video games anymore and wasn’t sure if I would again in the future.
Well I ended up getting back in to an obsessive degree with my new Ps4Pro and I could literally spend an entire day without getting up out of my chair between my two go to games, Monster Hunter World and Vermintide.
Anyhow I really want to find a good price on a sharp looking Vita and I’m trying to avoid all the mistakes I’ve made for both systems in the past. JRPG’s that would just end up spending more time on a shelf than inside the console? I don’t buy it. If I’m honest with myself I know what games I’m gonna dump hundreds of hours into and I repurchased none of the games that I owned last time around. If I liked those games all that much I wouldn’t have gotten bored and quit playing for awhile.
Anyhow I did make a few smart decisions that was nice to have coming back and that’s all my games purchased on the PSN. I gather you are all about physical media and in many ways I totally agree with you. Nine times out of ten or maybe even 99 out of 100 I want a physical copy, preferably one that doesn’t lose any online codes for content from possible previous owners. Physical copies have monetary value. If I own the disc I can resell it or trade it if I want. If I buy it online I’m stuck with it and cant receive any kind of value from it. So if I’m gonna buy something online I had better be 100% sure that I am going to love the game, and for me, I’ll only buy it if I think that I will want to keep that game permanently and that I won’t get tired of it, that I won’t beat it and then never play it again, and that the game won’t be obsolete at a future date and replaced by a future release that takes it’s place.
That being said I bought Monster Hunter World on PSN. Those games last virtually forever and thing still worked out to where buying PSN credit was the easiest and cheapest way to buy the game. Even bought the digital deluxe whichever at first I considered to be an oxymoron since digital copies don’t be come with the kind of bonus goodies I expect from deluxe editions. But for that game I am so glad I went digital. The game is terrific, so good that I’m glad I never have to remove it from the console. And it makes things easier and faster with the way Ive been jumping back and forth between MHW and Vermintide (bought the Complete Edition Bundle for 8 bucks during the PSN holiday sale and it eas a steal).
So my last Vita was a mint but used Orange slim from Japan and I want a colored case again but I don’t know if I want spend that’s much. The orange on earth was 169 and the Red one which was a newer release that I really wanted was 198. And then there’s the memory card prices. I cheaped out and got the 16GB last time and that was a huge mistake I don’t want to repeat. And I really don’t want to do the SD card trick that people are doing now. I want the Sony card. I want it to work flawlessly and have urban forever.
It’s gonna set me back a bit getting back into it but I got to and to make things a Little’s easier, I can fill up the 32 GB card immediately with the games I already own on the network. Having a sweet physical collection like the one above has so many benefits, but with money being tight it is gonna be a huge load off that I won’t be forced to come up with even more money to get started. Not gonna cheap out again this time. I’m getting the Red Vita possibly but I plan on coming to this website often to see if I can get a goodbye price on a blue or black one. Nothing used and beat up and scratched. Mint. I’m getting at least a 32GB card. Not cheaping out on that again. Answer as much as that collection you got there would look awesome on the shelf in my apartment, having huge digital library is gonna make it so I can afford getting back in when I might not have been able to otherwise.
74c.gif

Good read, worth the time.
The sad thing is I probably own about 75% of the titles mentioned in that article. LOL

I have a few more on my "to buy" list as well, so I'm for sure doing my part to keep these Asian English releases coming.

Here's a cool article about the Vita and how it helped to start the current Asian(English) gaming market. Vita is Life!

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/02/07/a-history-of-vita-games-the-birth-and-rise-of-the-asian-english-market/

EDIT: PS. I found this article over at Heavy Arm Twitter BTW.
I feel, given the way this post was written and ridiculous amount of repeated words and fluff, a list organized by date with publishers next to each title would've been a much better choice. Easier to discern if anything.

bread's done
Back