PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out this guy called My Mate Vince on youtube. Just type my mate vince ps vita. He has videos on how to check vita stuff of how to check if everything works and how to connect to ps4 remote.
Thanks but I don't want to want videos on how to do things am looking to talk to someone on specific questions.

Well I hope he doesn't get pissed at me, but I know you guys would be an extra wealth of knowledge, but here is what he asked me via PM:

Hi I was thinking of getting a ps vita for remote play with ps4. Thanks fir helping me. How is the screen? I have problem with my eyes if the screen is not really clear? I do good with iPad or iPhone that has retina screen. How close is a oled ps vita to that? Have u ever tried remote play with it, if so how is it? Anything else I should know. Thanks.

I gave him some info and preferences and my experience with remote play, which is mostly RPGs like Persona 5 and Witcher 3 and i had a great time with remote play on those, but probably wouldn't try competitive Overwatch with it... Or any game that requires high amounts of precision. What are you guy's thoughts?

You can do remote play on a non-Vita. Depends on his vision, really. If it's bad near-sided vision, I might try PC remote player with a big screen.

Does he have trouble seeing a phone screen? If not, it should be be fine.

If it's something super specific, like akinetopsia, probably no one would know.

I've had a terrible experience with Remote Play on Vita.

1. Network: My PS4 Pro is hard-wired on a 1 Gigabit network, and I have a modern mesh network for Wi-Fi (Netgear Orbi), but I often struggle to get a solid connection when my Vita is ~10 feet from an access point.
  2. Controls: L2/R2 don't work well on a Vita without a special grip that will cost you $20-30.
  3. Screen size & resolution: A number of PS4 games have small text that is hard or impossible to read on a Vita screen.
I haven't tried Remote Play on Windows, but it sounds like I should give it a shot.

You can do remote play on a non-Vita. Depends on his vision, really. If it's bad near-sided vision, I might try PC remote player with a big screen.

Does he have trouble seeing a phone screen? If not, it should be be fine.

If it's something super specific, like akinetopsia, probably no one would know.
Hi thanks for response. I do good with iPhone screens that have the Retina display on them but not sure with the cheaper screens. So do u think I would be ok with a ole dog ps vista screen? Thanks.

Noooooooooooooooo!!! I missed out on Round 1 of Bunny Must Die because at one minutes until the sale was to begin we had some manner of stupid network blip that force logged us out of our workstations! Gaaaah! And not going to be at home at noon tomorrow when round 2 takes place. Dreadfully bad day this has turned out to be.

Thanks man appreciate help. Where is best place to buy one. GameStop, ebay?
Probably Amazon.jp
They have different color options too. Both mine I got off eBay from Japanese sellers. One was listed as used very good, but it came like freaking brand spanking new. It was the red one. I also bought a white one that was also listed used very good but it was also almost immaculate. It has like the smallest ding on the camera, but not a scratch on it whatsoever!!

What happened to Mary Skelter nightmares? Price doesn't seem to be retail anymore? I thought bestbuy had the physical copy since I was going to get it from there.

I think you would do very well with one. OLED screen is better than retina display
That is an absurdly oversimplified, potentially simply incorrect answer. It depends on which retina display he's talking about, but they have historically been either IPS (essentially high-quality LCD) or OLED panels with extraordinarily high pixel density. Even the iPhone 4 had a 326 ppi, dwarfing the Vita (both versions') 220. An OLED screen may have deeper blues and blacks than an LCD panel, but more often than not strain is caused more by low pixel density than by color.

Thanks man appreciate help. Where is best place to buy one. GameStop, ebay?
Before you invest $200+ into a device that may or may not strain your eyes on the advice of a few people on a games forum, I recommend trying to learn what specifically triggers your eye problems. An optometrist may be able to help there. It may be that the Vita will be fine for you—both the OLED of the 1000 model, and even the LCD of the 2000, are still pretty decent panels—but they are unequivocally not superior to an iPhone display.

That is an absurdly oversimplified, potentially simply incorrect answer. It depends on which retina display he's talking about, but they have historically been either IPS (essentially high-quality LCD) or OLED panels with extraordinarily high pixel density. Even the iPhone 4 had a 326 ppi, dwarfing the Vita (both versions') 220. An OLED screen may have deeper blues and blacks than an LCD panel, but more often than not strain is caused more by low pixel density than by color.

Before you invest $200+ into a device that may or may not strain your eyes on the advice of a few people on a games forum, I recommend trying to learn what specifically triggers your eye problems. An optometrist may be able to help there. It may be that the Vita will be fine for you—both the OLED of the 1000 model, and even the LCD of the 2000, are still pretty decent panels—but they are unequivocally not superior to an iPhone display.
It's his fetish, duh! 😉

Best Buy barely carries Vita games. They're never in store, so when it's gone it will not come back.
Yeah, I agree, if anyone is waiting on Vita games at BB, buy when seen, as they won't last long. I guess offering the games online is meeting a demand for their game club members, but past that, I don't think they care to much. Vita games take up the least space at retail and many places(even some GS), no longer stock at retail locations any more. I'm still amazed many Vita titles make it down to $20 at Amazon still, and GS as well. Both of those places still seem to get descent qty's, but each title can be hit or miss in regards to how long they last.

So, to explain Best Buy a bit, being that I work for them.

The loss initiative Best Buy has in place is setup to minimize stocked inventory of media products (video games, movies, software) for the purpose of attempting to avoid having stock on hand when the media product receives a MSRP price drop, or is otherwise discontinued by manufacturer. Either of the aforementioned would force Best Buy into having to discount or clearance said product(s). This is viewed as a very bad thing especially where video games are concerned as Best Buy already has intentionally set themselves up to offer a 20% across the board discount to "GCU" (Gamers' Club Unlocked) members off the marked/listed price for video games.

So with video games, especially those for the Vita, it often happens that Best Buy will completely sell out of the inventory quantity that they have pre-committed to purchasing from the manufacturer/publisher before the game has even launched, But because of how Best Buy operates, they often will not re-inventory a game until after the game has had a official MSRP price drop, if then at all.

I've had a terrible experience with Remote Play on Vita.

1. Network: My PS4 Pro is hard-wired on a 1 Gigabit network, and I have a modern mesh network for Wi-Fi (Netgear Orbi), but I often struggle to get a solid connection when my Vita is ~10 feet from an access point.
  2. Controls: L2/R2 don't work well on a Vita without a special grip that will cost you $20-30.
  3. Screen size & resolution: A number of PS4 games have small text that is hard or impossible to read on a Vita screen.
I haven't tried Remote Play on Windows, but it sounds like I should give it a shot.
Just a few tips for anyone having trouble with network, at least:

1. Remember that the Vita uses 2.4Ghz Wireless N. That's the signal and channel noise that matters, even though your laptop/phone probably uses AC.

2. Disable the PS4's option to connect to it directly. That performs very badly for me, even holding the Vita 1 foot from the PS4.

3. All other general wifi tips (using a quiet channel, reducing noise from e.g. microwaves, metal blocking, good wifi router) seem to go double for the Vita, even when other devices get fine internal pings with a B+ wifi signal.

Usually it works well for me at least, but when there are issues I just have to resave my router's wireless settings to make it rotate the "auto" channel setting. Hope that helps.

L2/R2 haven't really bothered me, but small text has sometimes. Still better than having everything silly big though, in my book.

-[Unknown]

For those that didn't get Bunny Must Die limited physical release the other day, it is coming digitally to the psn store this week.

For those that didn't get Bunny Must Die limited physical release the other day, it is coming digitally to the psn store this week.
Awesome

On another note, anyone with a copy of Genkai tokki seven pirates know if it's pstv compatible? Thanks.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjD4l3cLOY8[/media]

This is coming to PS4/Vita this Summer. Hope it got picked up for a physical release

Chasm looks decent. I can see all the metroidvania influences (such as the obvious health loss....looks straight out of one of the portable Castlevania games). Nothing too special, but i'll always play those.

Can't block it if we don't update.

ceqSpHg.png

My extra Vitas are colored 2000s, so I think they're all well above FW 3.60. Sadly, I upgraded FW in my launch edition 1000 long before I had any inkling I'd want to mod it.

It's funny, because I only actually mod mine for legit reasons. Wii, Last Story on early DVD drives lag to like 3 fps, so I had to mod it to rip it and play off USB. PSP screen cracked, so I modded it to rip UMDs to play on my PSP Go. On Vita, I modded it, but haven't used any feature yet, since I haven't needed it.

It's funny, because I only actually mod mine for legit reasons. Wii, Last Story on early DVD drives lag to like 3 fps, so I had to mod it to rip it and play off USB. PSP screen cracked, so I modded it to rip UMDs to play on my PSP Go. On Vita, I modded it, but haven't used any feature yet, since I haven't needed it.
Yeah, I normally do the same, as I'll only mod during a systems life cycle when it's to do something performance wise or to allow something not normally done(control mods, homebrew, etc).

The only mods that I've done for purely legit reasons were the Saturn region switch mod (a few wires and a dual pole on/on switch) and a chip mod for the Dreamcast so I wouldn't keep needing my gameshark cdx or a utopia disc to play Shenmue 2 and other imports.   I don't typically mod systems, but I like knowing I having options if the itch to play some ancient game kicks in.  I'm glad so many systems (PS3, PS4, Vita, DS, Switch) are region free.

Thanks man! I'll pay that for ANY Vita game. Never played this series and have no idea what they're about, but what the hell, I'll try it!
It's Dynasty Warriors with some light dating sim thrown in for kicks.

That said, I had a lot of fun with it and rebought it on the switch because it was cheaper than buying all the DLC

Has anyone played Slain: Back From Hell on Vita? I'm, trying to find out what the frame rate is. I know the consoles and PC run at 60, and I know that the Switch got a patch to upgrade it to 60, but I just can't find any solid information on the Vita version's performance! 

It's Dynasty Warriors with some light dating sim thrown in for kicks.

That said, I had a lot of fun with it and rebought it on the switch because it was cheaper than buying all the DLC
I wouldn't say it had any light dating Sim mechanics in it. It's just how the story is.
Something like persona has light dating mechanics where you can pick a girl to date and ignore others and where verbal choices determine if you get laid or friend-zoned.
FATE was OK, but it gets mundane quickly. DW senran kagura or dragon quest hereos are better musous.

Would i even enjoy it if i jump into the series on this one?
There are much better musou games out there, and you have no attachment to the source material. Given that, I don't see any reason for Fate Extella to be worth your time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back