PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone played Slain: Back From Hell on Vita? I'm, trying to find out what the frame rate is. I know the consoles and PC run at 60, and I know that the Switch got a patch to upgrade it to 60, but I just can't find any solid information on the Vita version's performance!
I played it on PS4 first and then switched to vita. It felt much smoother on PS4 so I'm gonna have to guess that it runs at 30 fps on vita.

Cosmic Star Heroine...  It's been so long I'm not sure I even want it anymore.   I'll go watch a youtube review and read the steam user reviews.   I guess this means maybe March we'll get the LRG preorder to go on sale?

Cosmic Star Heroine... It's been so long I'm not sure I even want it anymore. I'll go watch a youtube review and read the steam user reviews. I guess this means maybe March we'll get the LRG preorder to go on sale?
Yeah, CSH is still at the top of my LRG want list, and the delay didn't change that. Axiom Verge for the Vita was delayed almost a year to the day after the PS4 version, and that wait was worth it. If I had the PS4, I would have gotten it there and been done, probably the same for CSH, but a game delayed is all good. As I have more than enough games to play, many of which are PS3/360/3DS/Vita titles, so I'm almost never in a rush for current releases.

CSH was on my list until after it came out.   After watching a video review and reading some reviews today, I remember why I let it pop out of my memory/hype-list... it's fairly linear.  I'm not a fan of linear rpgs.  I've bought, tried to play, and ultimately got bored and quit enough linear rpg's to know they aren't my thing.  I like open worlds and going at my own pace.

So it'll be an easy pass for me when it finally comes out, but I also watched a few Golf Story reviews and I gotta say that's something I'm likely to pick up.

The linear RPG's are probably the only ones I know, as I've probably only finished maybe 5 RPG's in my life. One of which would be Phantasy Star, which CSH seems to borrow heavily from, so I'm looking forward to it for that reason alone. I'm also not a HUGE investor of time, when it comes to games, so that also plays in to my lack of RPG overall gaming time.

Yeah, I've been interested in Gold Story since I first saw it, and will buy that one to if ever released, or officially announced for that matter.

Heads up, price is likely to spike once Aksys is officially sold out. Price has already spiked on Period Cube just since they sold out of it about a months ago.

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/985956301392920577

Heads up, price is likely to spike once Aksys is officially sold out. Price has already spiked on Period Cube just since they sold out of it about a months ago.

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/985956301392920577

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Special Report -
Period: Cube sold out on the Aksys WebStore last month, just prior to that happening it had price dropped to $29.99 at both Amazon and WalMart.com. Now, Aksys reported yesterday via Twitter that Norn9 is nearly sold out, and already the prices are trending upwards.

AksysGames.com
$39.99 - Norn9: Var Commons
$ N/A - Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~

Amazon.com
$33.50 - Norn9: Var Commons
$36.99 - Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~

GameStop.com
___ "NEW" Price ___
$ N/A - Norn9: Var Commons
$ N/A - Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~
___ USED Price ___
$19.99 - Norn9: Var Commons
$39.99 - Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~

Jet.com
$39.97 - Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~

NewEgg.com
$40.99 - Norn9: Var Commons
$37.76 - Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~

Rakuten.com
$35.02 - Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~

WalMart.com
$33.50 - Norn9: Var Commons
$37.85 - Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Key is for those VNs...just get them around release. I'm sure the newer ones (ashen ones and other one) will maybe make it to $29.99 too and then just go OOP. Course if you don't like them it's another story. 

Has anyone ever a bought s preowned ps vista at GameStop? R they good to buy there? What is better preowned or refurbished? R they oled or LCD that they sell. Thanks.

Has anyone ever a bought s preowned ps vista at GameStop? R they good to buy there? What is better preowned or refurbished? R they oled or LCD that they sell. Thanks.
I can't speak to refurbished, as I barely buy new from GS, refurbed seems like asking for trouble. LOL

Pre-owned is like any trade in item, it could be all most new and 100% complete, or beat to shit and barely working. GS is supposed to not take in items to bad off, but that's left to employee discretion, so yeah........don't expect much from them. Systems are just like the games, as they come from customers. so the best to do is ask and inspect before hand. They should allow you to plug it up and test the screen and system functions. No matter what, I believe you have 7 or 10 days to return pre-owned items, so use that time to check the smaller details as well once you get home.

I'm sure "refurbished" is supposed to meet some level of standard, but I can't say for sure what that list is, or if GS actually follows it?

I bought three "Refurbished" Vitas from GS back in 2015? (or was it 2016?) as Christmas gifts for my niece and two of the nephews. No complaints from me, they had clearly replaced the facia of all three systems, as they had peel off protective plastic on them when they arrived that I had to peel off to apply the screen protectors, and not a single scratch was present anywhere on the screens. Batteries may have also been replaced as they all held a good charge.

I bought three "Refurbished" Vitas from GS back in 2015? (or was it 2016?) as Christmas gifts for my niece and two of the nephews. No complaints from me, they had clearly replaced the facia of all three systems, as they had peel off protective plastic on them when they arrived that I had to peel off to apply the screen protectors, and not a single scratch was present anywhere on the screens. Batteries may have also been replaced as they all held a good charge.
That sounds great, and is what a proper "refurbished" item should be, pretty much returned to like new and all proper specs are met, as they would have been when originally offered.

BestBuy.com Price Drops!

Deals made even better when combined with Best Buy's GCU (Gamer Club Unlocked) discount!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All%20Categories&type=page&id=pcat17071&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat265900050010&st=categoryid%24pcmcat265900050010&qp=platform_facet%3DPlatform~PS%20Vita&sp=%2Bcurrentprice%20skuidsaas

$19.99 - Akiba's Beat

$19.99 - Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors

$29.99 - Demon Gaze II

$19.99 - Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star

$19.99 - God Wars: Future Past

And while there, why not pre-order next week's new game release from Aksys Games?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/psychedelica-of-the-black-butterfly-ps-vita/6193501.p?skuId=6193501

psychedelica_of_the_black.jpg

Just locked in my licenses for the PS+ games for the month and went to download 99Vidas and Q*Bert and noticed there's no direct download from the website to vita anymore.  How inconvenient.

...On the one hand, I want God Wars at that price.  On the other, I could just wait and get the "complete" version for Switch later this year...

And I already have a bunch of backlog games to get through, so it's not like I'd be playing it anytime soon anyway.

I’ve bought a couple used vitas during a Buy 2 get 1 I got 2 oleds and one slim and they were totally trashed up scratched up all over

I’ve bought a couple used vitas during a Buy 2 get 1 I got 2 oleds and one slim and they were totally trashed up scratched up all over
And this is why I find it worth ponying up a little extra to get a brand new unit. Used systems from Japan also tend to be in extremely good condition most of the time. It's almost like people in Japan actually take care of their stuff.

Kinda of a thread jump here but where do you guys get your PSP batteries? Mine got puffy and actually pushed the battery cover off my 2000 series PSP. No more official Sony batteries are around brand new right? 

Have there been any issues with the Vita batteries yet? Thinking I might get one extra just to be safe. 

Kinda of a thread jump here but where do you guys get your PSP batteries? Mine got puffy and actually pushed the battery cover off my 2000 series PSP. No more official Sony batteries are around brand new right?
Any after market batteries are going to be a HUGE YMMV type situation. The best you can do is look at current reviews from verified buyers, and try to grab a well rated one quick. Anytime I find a place selling a battery that's not complete shit, there normally gone rather quickly. I haven't bought a PSP battery in years, but I probably need one myself, so if I find any that look decent, I'll report back. Sadly, it may be a lost cause.

Any after market batteries are going to be a HUGE YMMV type situation. The best you can do is look at current reviews from verified buyers, and try to grab a well rated one quick. Anytime I find a place selling a battery that's not complete shit, there normally gone rather quickly. I haven't bought a PSP battery in years, but I probably need one myself, so if I find any that look decent, I'll report back. Sadly, it may be a lost cause.
Thanks! Any info you can find would be appreciated.

When I first saw it, I was like "Did I drop this thing, why is the compartment door off?", then I saw the bloated battery and there was no way it was going to fit back into the compartment anymore.

Want to know is great deal: a guy is selling me nerptunia rebirth 1,2,3,U,PP,Vs Zombies,Vs sega hard girls. All seven for $140. Worth it right?

That's an OK deal. Some like PP and likely U/Vs Zombies are lesser games in the series. Still....likely a good offer would be $100 for the lot..but that's just me.

Plus some fall out of love with the series, such as myself, and find them kind of getting a bit boring (still haven't played V II and Zombies/Sega), but still keep buying them.

Plus some fall out of love with the series, such as myself, and find them kind of getting a bit boring (still haven't played V II and Zombies/Sega), but still keep buying them.
Yea, I stopped buying them around Blanc and Zombies. I realized I didn't actually like them all that much.

The ones on Vita are all good bite-sized mindless fun imo. On consoles, the series lost me on VII (beat the main story but did not try for true ending). But I will probably still play 4 Goddess when that releases here.

Yea, I stopped buying them around Blanc and Zombies. I realized I didn't actually like them all that much.
I actually kind of like the action Neptunia games a little more, like Zombies and Action Unleashed U. I prefer the Senran Kagura style gameplay. If you haven't played these types yet, and like Dynasty Warriors/Senran, you might want to give them a try just in case. But the world can still seem a bit void of unique content, as with the rest of the series.

Got them.Vs Zombies and Vs Hard Girls are sealed. Thanks for the answers guys.
That's awesome. Neptunia games hold value too, so you could play though them all and sell them for at least the same price. Great deal.

I liked Nep u & blanc zombie more too. I'm sure I'll like 4 goddess for the same reason when I get around to it.

Nep PP I feel might of been awesome with more budget, fleshing out the managerial section where you could fail concerts and a variety of things can effect fame and fanbase to make profit per concert like a sim. Oh and more music tracks.

I prefer the Senran Kagura style gameplay. If you haven't played these types yet, and like Dynasty Warriors/Senran, you might want to give them a try just in case. But the world can still seem a bit void of unique content, as with the rest of the series.
Well, musous are one of my most disliked genres. I can play Shiren-esque dungeon crawlers, but only when I feel masochistic.

bread's done
Back