PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of Axiom Verge and Bad Land Games, did anyone ever get the booklet(or was it the CD) that was supposed to come with Velocity 2X on the vita? I filled the form ages ago and still waiting to hear from them. At this point, now with the LRG issue,  i doubt i will ever get booklet/CD from Bad Land Games

Edit:

Nevermind. Saw someone post the answer at the top

Was supposed to get it. Havent gotten it yet
Yeah, I ask about those items every time I happen to remember, and the answer has been "shipping started" for awhile now. Sadly, shipping locally VS. international is a whole other ballgame, as one can be rather cheap, and the other one, not so much. So I'm glad to see some progress apparently, but I won't get excited until I start to see some US orders start to arrive. At the end of the day, these items where offered after the fact(at least for Vita users), so if they show up great, but if not, I never planned to get them in the first place.

Some questions about possible releases.

Is Catherine Full Body getting a english physical release?

News on The End is Nigh physical?

Best DRPG's for the vita?

Cool! Finally the vita is getting some games before it dies out. I've never played this one but I'll check it out now.
Don't put much faith in Play Asia and their listings. They have been wrong several times regarding releases.

Some questions about possible releases.

Is Catherine Full Body getting a english physical release?

News on The End is Nigh physical?

Best DRPG's for the vita?
No. Only PS4 is getting an English Release.

And no

Not to mention there was some lag sometimes when playing and the really dark screens were hard to see on my older model OLED screen. Honestly it's not the best version, and I'd strongly recommend one of the others. Of course the people who buy it wont play it anyway and just keep it sealed forever.

That's from the devs that did Mecho Tales, right? I love their art style, but holy crap that game was so mediocre. The level design of Mecho Tales looks like a college student's first attempt at making a game, and it's like 2 hours long. I still find it loathsome that LRG did the 'Developer' edition for that game to milk some more money out of people for an already overpriced release that didn't deserve the physical treatment in the first place.

/rant

That's from the devs that did Mecho Tales, right? I love their art style, but holy crap that game was so mediocre. The level design of Mecho Tales looks like a college student's first attempt at making a game, and it's like 2 hours long. I still find it loathsome that LRG did the 'Developer' edition for that game to milk some more money out of people for an already overpriced release that didn't deserve the physical treatment in the first place.

/rant
Lrg does a lot of games that don’t need physical sadly. I mean bards gold, another world, nova-111, etc. mecho tales is also not even mediocre, it’s downright bad. There is a reason it’s almost constantly on sale for .99. Hoping these ones are play-asia though so i don’t feel the need to buy them for my NA set while others can still buy them if they see fit

Mecho Wars Desert Ashes is probably the best Advance Wars clone made.  Granted you have to overlook those character designs but the gameplay is pretty spot on with very similar unit types.  The dev has announced plans to bring it to the Switch (which is what I'm waiting on)... but before poo poo'ing on the Vita version take a moment and watch a few youtube videos or something.  I totally understand the initial backlash against it.... but it's a solid experience.  I think the base game is even free to download on Vita... so go get it and try it out.

Aksys Games is having flash sale starting tomorrow at 8am Eastern / 5am Pacific.:

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/1050146557050286080

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/1050400634615357440

They also have Final Fantasy X-2: HD Remastered on sale this week for $26.99, but not free shipping on it.

Has anyone bought a Vita after they stopped selling them in the US? Where did ya buy it from? Looking to get one that's preferably new.

Has anyone bought a Vita after they stopped selling them in the US? Where did ya buy it from? Looking to get one that's preferably new.
Got a new one from Play-Asia.com

Works perfectly and looks beautiful. Just have to get used to the O and X buttons being used differently on the home screen menus.

I got a Neon Orange one this year. I believe it was purchased from Amazon from an international seller. I received it as a gift. I use it everyday and placed my old OLED version in storage for now. I was an OLED purist but let me tell you the new model just feels so much better in my hands and the difference is so minor with the screen. The battery life also blows away the OLED version. I am very happy to have the newer model and wish I would have gotten one sooner.

Amazon JP is supposed to get new stock in sometime this month. After conversion, it will run around $175 according to rates as of yesterday. That includes pretty quick standard shipping. Stuff I order from them gets here to the states in a few days. I plan on grabbing my final backup Vita from them as soon as they are available. Haven't found a source cheaper than Amazon JP for new Vita consoles.

I've been meaning to grab a back up vita to keep on the side, but kept putting it off since I have back up vita tvs.  Gonna kick myself if I wait too long, so I'll end up grabbing one from Amazon JP too when they come back in stock.  Thanks for the info :)

I've been looking at ebay because they have other colors. I also want to get a backup before production stops. Just wish Amazon.jp would carry other colors for the $175 price

I recommend Amazon Japan, like others have previously stated.

Amazon JP is supposed to get new stock in sometime this month. After conversion, it will run around $175 according to rates as of yesterday. That includes pretty quick standard shipping. Stuff I order from them gets here to the states in a few days. I plan on grabbing my final backup Vita from them as soon as they are available. Haven't found a source cheaper than Amazon JP for new Vita consoles.
I remember after ordering my Red Vita from there, it arrived within a few days. Very satisfied with their shipping speed.

Clearance at Best Buy, such as it is (great if you still have GCU active), and Idea Factory and NISA have both got their held back LE copies of games now available.

BestBuy.com
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-games/ps-vita/pcmcat243400050029.c?id=pcmcat243400050029&sp=%2Bcurrentprice%20skuidsaas
$20.99 - MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
$20.99 - Tokyo Tattoo Girls
$22.99 - Farming Simulator 18
$23.99 - Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
$27.99 - Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
$27.99 - Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate

- Idea Factory -
http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/limited-edition/
$72.99 - Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms Limited Edition
$72.99 - Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds Limited Edition
$57.99 -  MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death Limited Edition

- NIS America -
https://store.nisamerica.com/games#platform=playstation-r-vita-system&gan_data=true
$79.99 - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony: Limited Edition
$59.99 - Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy: Limited Edition

I've been meaning to grab a back up vita to keep on the side, but kept putting it off since I have back up vita tvs. Gonna kick myself if I wait too long, so I'll end up grabbing one from Amazon JP too when they come back in stock. Thanks for the info :)
yeah i feared that earlier this year with the drought of vita info since getting a new one as a backup is better, was able to get a play of days bundle, was a repackage from unsold units but new none the less, only after getting did i realize that its the silver za25 one, had to look things up and found out the za24 model was the neon orange and the za26 model was metalic red so second to last produced model is still good

I've been looking at ebay because they have other colors. I also want to get a backup before production stops. Just wish Amazon.jp would carry other colors for the $175 price
well u cant expect amazon to keep them forever for when you feel like buying one, if you want a new one in a certain color just pay up at least its available to purchase

Clearance at Best Buy, such as it is (great if you still have GCU active), and Idea Factory and NISA have both got their held back LE copies of games now available.

BestBuy.com
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-games/ps-vita/pcmcat243400050029.c?id=pcmcat243400050029&sp=%2Bcurrentprice%20skuidsaas
$20.99 - MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
$20.99 - Tokyo Tattoo Girls
$22.99 - Farming Simulator 18
$23.99 - Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
$27.99 - Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
$27.99 - Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate

- Idea Factory -
http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/limited-edition/
$72.99 - Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms Limited Edition
$72.99 - Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds Limited Edition
$57.99 - MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death Limited Edition

- NIS America -
https://store.nisamerica.com/games#platform=playstation-r-vita-system&gan_data=true
$79.99 - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony: Limited Edition
$59.99 - Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy: Limited Edition
Definitely a good deal for the Best Buy games with GCU. Once Best Buy is out of several of these titles the prices are going to increase noticeably since third-party sellers will be the only way to get them new.

I just bought a used like new red Japanese OLED Vita through Amazon US for about 120 with free shipping showed up in about a week. Looks brand new.

I just bought a used like new red Japanese OLED Vita through Amazon US for about 120 with free shipping showed up in about a week. Looks brand new.

Definitely a good deal for the Best Buy games with GCU. Once Best Buy is out of several of these titles the prices are going to increase noticeably since third-party sellers will be the only way to get them new.
Most of the ones available at BBY aren't really worth it. Either not that great or have been much less, i.e. Exist Archive.

Psycho Pass maybe and Shiren but both are higher than the rest.

I bought my oled from eBay. It was pre-owned but when it came it was like new.
My blue slim is from Yahoo Japan auction site. That site is good but shadey since you have to base everything on pictures and bad translations. Prices are fair if you're lucky.( Used buyee to shop there. Their fees are expensive though)

Anyone have experience with this memory card converter for the Vita? Seems like you have to "hack" your Vita in order for it to work though

https://www.amazon.com/Funturbo-Ultimate-Version-SD2Vita-Adapter/dp/B07F63FPT3/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1539384512&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=ps+vita&psc=1
Don't have that exact one but I have a few like it. They go for like $2-$3 on eBay (longer shipping cus China) but they work well if you're willing to go through the necessary steps. You do indeed have to install a custom firmware and then follow some extra steps

Don't have that exact one but I have a few like it. They go for like $2-$3 on eBay (longer shipping cus China) but they work well if you're willing to go through the necessary steps. You do indeed have to install a custom firmware and then follow some extra steps
Just to piggyback, you need to be on Vita's OS ver 3.68 or before. It's super easy to homebrew the console, however. Worth it if you want cheaper memory

Just to piggyback, you need to be on Vita's OS ver 3.68 or before. It's super easy to homebrew the console, however. Worth it if you want cheaper memory
Damn, I just updated to 3.69 a few weeks back. LOL

Yeah, I'm actually planning to homebrew at some point next year once the system is officially done. So I'll probably just grab a new system at some point, just to have a back up, so I'll probably use that system for the process. I may grab another OLED to have one of each, as I really did love that screen, but not much else.

Any of you all know about this? Looks like two more physical games from Arcade Distillery are coming to Vita. But I wonder who is distributing them.

https://twitter.com/arcadedistiller/status/1050742382151458817?s=21

Only about ten hours left to get in on this guys!
Thanks for the heads up, as I didn't find out about Vita Lounge until it was over, but I was able to get a good portion if the 25 issues. I wish I would have known this was going to happen, as I could have saved some funds, but oh well I guess. I wish they would have just combined all issues into a bigger 1-3 volume set of books, especially since they are reprinting these anyway, why not make it easier to store and read as well?

bread's done
Back