PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, as I didn't find out about Vita Lounge until it was over, but I was able to get a good portion if the 25 issues. I wish I would have known this was going to happen, as I could have saved some funds, but oh well I guess. I wish they would have just combined all issues into a bigger 1-3 volume set of books, especially since they are reprinting these anyway, why not make it easier to store and read as well?
My gripe with this is that they want an extra 19 pounds for the digital to be added to the physical. Like that shit should essentially be included in the full physical tier for free since they literally do nothing more.

War Theatre and Mecho Wars are actually being self published by Arcade Distillery.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks!

My gripe with this is that they want an extra 19 pounds for the digital to be added to the physical. Like that shit should essentially be included in the full physical tier for free since they literally do nothing more.
LOL, yeah I just got done pledging this morning, and I instantly skipped that option, as I agree they should be included. I almost didn't even get the physical seeing the price, but I'm a fan, and getting these all new and in a better quality than originally offered, seemed a good deal.

I actually subscribe to their Switch Player magazine, and that base subscription includes the digital copy as well each month. I actually transfer those to my wife's laptop each month, so my son can read them as well. Charging so much for digital here, when I get digital free almost every place else(including a mag from these same guys), seems silly at best.

LOL, yeah I just got done pledging this morning, and I instantly skipped that option, as I agree they should be included. I almost didn't even get the physical seeing the price, but I'm a fan, and getting these all new and in a better quality than originally offered, seemed a good deal.

I actually subscribe to their Switch Player magazine, and that base subscription includes the digital copy as well each month. I actually transfer those to my wife's laptop each month, so my son can read them as well. Charging so much for digital here, when I get digital free almost every place else(including a mag from these same guys), seems silly at best.
I just went through their KS page again since time is almost up and was reading the comments there when I found that pparently the 100 GBP tier gets you both the physical and digital. They are trying to remove the 119 tier by having backers reduce their pledge amounts to 100 and then removing that option.

I just went through their KS page again since time is almost up and was reading the comments there when I found that pparently the 100 GBP tier gets you both the physical and digital. They are trying to remove the 119 tier by having backers reduce their pledge amounts to 100 and then removing that option.
Thanks for the clarification, and good to know, as that's a nice bonus for the overall high price being pledged, so kudos to the team for doing that.

Did it have a date? They post about 10 times a day that it’s coming soon
No, there was a sign up button to be notified of the release, I already subscribe to their mailing list so it might actually be different from that or not, I have no idea. No date was mentioned

Interesting note about Skull Pirates is that it won't be available outside of the Kickstarter campaign.
I believe it is also being handled by Play-Asia and EastAsiaSoft so likely won't be R1 North American release. Important info to confirm if you only collect R1 games.

I haven't been paying enough attention, so can someone confirm that we are not getting Vita physical releases for Persona 3/5 dancing? Are there Asian English ones? I'd just really rather play those on a handheld than a console.

I haven't been paying enough attention, so can someone confirm that we are not getting Vita physical releases for Persona 3/5 dancing? Are there Asian English ones? I'd just really rather play those on a handheld than a console.
Can confirm no physical NA release, don't believe physical Asian English, but I heard it's not hard to get by, as it's just navigating menus mostly. No story either, but have little interactions, so you'd miss out on it.

https://twitter.com/BadLandGames/status/1052182489643577345

BadLand Publishing
@BadLandGames

To all our U.S. friends! Due to an error of the shipping company the packages sent to the United States suffered a delay. During this week and next week the extra #Velocity2x materials will be arriving to your home. We're sorry for the possible inconveniences.

Interesting note about Skull Pirates is that it won't be available outside of the Kickstarter campaign.
They say that now, but he (Luc Bernard or whatever his name is) also doubled the number of LEs as soon as they sold out in the campaign. Something tells me he won't turn down more money.

https://twitter.com/BadLandGames/status/1052182489643577345

BadLand Publishing
@BadLandGames

To all our U.S. friends! Due to an error of the shipping company the packages sent to the United States suffered a delay. During this week and next week the extra #Velocity2x materials will be arriving to your home. We're sorry for the possible inconveniences.
wow i never thought the day would come. Actually i never thought they actually deliver what they had promised

I believe it is also being handled by Play-Asia and EastAsiaSoft so likely won't be R1 North American release. Important info to confirm if you only collect R1 games.
Correct, Skull Pirates will be a R3 English release. Thus also making it the only Arcade Distillery physical Vita release that isn't a R1 exclusive.

Always down to pay a scalper on eBay later rather than a half-baked kickerstarter campaign.
You know, that's probably not a bad idea actually, as your taking a risk either way, but going the Ebay route your pretty much protected 100%(but it comes at a premium price). While with KS, your protections are less than zero 9/10 times, so the scalper route is for sure the lesser of two evils in a situation like this.

Looks like the two arcade distillery games will launch today. Pre-order first for those who signed up for the email alerts

Unfortunately I tried to sign up 3 times and have not once received an email.

Looks like the two arcade distillery games will launch today. Pre-order first for those who signed up for the email alerts
Ditto. Edit: Just kidding. I found some Arcade Distillery emails when I searched my inbox.

Have they not sent any email? When signing up they claimed something would come in 5 minutes. I’ve been following on twitter to see updates though
For me, after signing up to be notified on the mailing list, I got a confirmation of sort. But AFAIK the actual email for when it's live hasn't gone out yet.

Also, I checked a few tweets, and it looks like the last day to sign up was some time yesterday, so if you did it this morning, it might explain why you didn't get anything.

I signed up yesterday and never got anything. I have a feeling it could just be some strange issue like fangamer had with bloodstained but now I’m expecting to fully pay scalper prices. I don’t think they realize these aren’t lasting anywhere close to 2 weeks. Vita collectors are just too crazy for that to happen.

I signed up Sunday and got a bunch of emails welcoming me and thanking me for my interest... nothing since then.

War Theatre is a turn-based strategy game with RPG elements. It takes place in the Plague Road Universe.

Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes plays similar to Advance Wars.

They both look better than Skull Pirates with what little he has shown looks similar to Mecho Tales.

Mecho Tales was complete trash and Plague Road was just ok.

I ordered both games but I have very low expectations.

So both of them are like Advance Wars? Cuz I know Mecho Wars: Ashes is like Advance Wars.
Given what is said on the indigogo page, War Theater sounds like it's more of another Plauge Road than it is a new Mecho Wars. So, I would go into it expecting more of a Plague Road experience.

War Theatre is a turn-based strategy game with RPG elements. It takes place in the Plague Road Universe.

Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes plays similar to Advance Wars.

They both look better than Skull Pirates with what little he has shown looks similar to Mecho Tales.

Mecho Tales was complete trash and Plague Road was just ok.

I ordered both games but I have very low expectations.
I am questioning if they will even deliver. They are apparently not partnering with either LRG or Play Asia/Eastasiasoft and yet somehow are going to self-publish by March 2019? If Sony is rationing its larger customers like LRG in connection with the number of carts per release, how would this really small developer with no history of self-publishing get any carts?

I am questioning if they will even deliver. They are apparently not partnering with either LRG or Play Asia/Eastasiasoft and yet somehow are going to self-publish by March 2019? If Sony is rationing its larger customers like LRG in connection with the number of carts per release, how would this really small developer with no history of self-publishing get any carts?
If they submitted the paperwork and got it approved in time, then they'd be treated just like anyone else. IIRC both of the games already exist on PSN, so it's just the logistics of printing the games and shipping them out.

If they submitted the paperwork and got it approved in time, then they'd be treated just like anyone else. IIRC both of the games already exist on PSN, so it's just the logistics of printing the games and shipping them out.
Correct, by a company that has never self-published anything physical. They will need to comply with ESRB submission, get cover sheets printed, arrange for replication and arrange for fulfillment. Not exactly small hurdles, assuming they have even submitted in time.

Correct, by a company that has never self-published anything physical. They will need to comply with ESRB submission, get cover sheets printed, arrange for replication and arrange for fulfillment. Not exactly small hurdles, assuming they have even submitted in time.
All valid points, but I feel like those are smaller issues than stuff like mastering the game or securing the cartridges from Sony. They've also worked with LRG to produce physical copies before, so I imagine they have a better idea of the requirements and path forward than a random company just coming into the physical Sony ecosystem.

If War Theatre is like Plague Road, I rather just get Mecho Tales Ashes due to the Advance Wars style. I was contemplating getting both for that price, but MT it is then.

Makes me wish ATLUS still decided to do a limited edition short print run for Persona Dancing Vita. Since it's coming out in December, it's apparent that they did have the time but chose not to

Since when is a flexible funding indiegogo campaign a preorder lol.... what's the over/under on these games ever getting shipped out, for $20 a pop by the way from a company that's never produced physical games before?

Since when is a flexible funding indiegogo campaign a preorder lol.... what's the over/under on these games ever getting shipped out, for $20 a pop by the way from a company that's never produced physical games before?
There are definitely a lot of red flags here. The fact that they made it sound like they were opening a store page today only to direct everyone to an Indiegogo is shady. The fact that they haven't submitted the games to Sony yet and won't even deliver until five months from now is another concern. Couple that with the low price and lack of experience doing physical products and this feels like a big recipe for disaster.

There are definitely a lot of red flags here. The fact that they made it sound like they were opening a store page today only to direct everyone to an Indiegogo is shady. The fact that they haven't submitted the games to Sony yet and won't even deliver until five months from now is another concern. Couple that with the low price and lack of experience doing physical products and this feels like a big recipe for disaster.
Red flags uh? Try red planets at this point. LOL

There's no way I give these guys a dime based on what I'm seeing here. When I got their email, I had no idea it led to a crowdfunding venture, as that is a clear sign wanting to not be held accountable when shit goes south. The first email clearly made this seem like just a standard pre-order on someones site, and this is totally not that. I agree this appears a scam of the highest level, as KS, IndieGG, etc. takes a huge cut of the proceeds for using their sites, so with such a low price point, why use this instead of just a normal site with a standard preorder?

In a normal situation I would use Paypal, and if the games don't arrive within 6 months, I open a claim and get my funds back, no big deal. But with crowdfunding, that is not an option, and I would suggest anyone thinking about backing this, think long and hard, as this really doesn't make a lot of sense from a business standpoint, unless your looking to screw people over. And with Vita cart production ending when this plans to ship, any delays and your funds are gone.

I had no plans to order either of these games, as this company really has not showed me a sign thing that would make me think they know anything about making good games. And if your not really good at your craft, why would I think the business side would be any better?

$28,000 goal, 20K raised so far, 4000 total copies (2000 per game) for which the production has been secured with sony for vita carts... comes to $7 per game. After fees (avg 7% per game and $0.30 if using a credit card) it ends up just over $6. I think this. $28K minus fees, is the total cost of the actual production. I've seen similar numbers elsewhere for physical vita game production with Sony, though we (the consumer) aren't supposed to know it.

Further on pricing, Plague Road through LRG was $25 per game (before shipping)... this campaign has a list price of $50 for two games which comes to $25 per game. They have a $5 off per game deal going which I think is just because LRG isn't getting a piece of the pie on this one and they probably know how much of a turnoff indigogo alone is that pricing fair might help ease people into taking the risk.

Plague Road was a successful Kickstarter campaign. The thing with Kickstarter though are all the tiers and rewards they have to put together to run one as well as the time frame between start and end and when the actual money is turned over. Here we have only game rewards with no LE's, soundtracks, posters, figures, or other stuff that slows production and ends up becoming a huge mess to handle. Shipping should be pretty dang streamlined with so few configurations.

Indiegogo is a huge red flag and it's still one here, but these guys have had a successful Kickstarter, a second kickstarter (for SkullPirates), and are no strangers to physical production on the vita. In the end I think this was probably the quickest path to get funding without having to manage everything. IT was possibly the only path if they were the ones turned away by LRG. I don't 100% trust this, but I've taken bigger risks.

Once they hit the $28K goal, likely before tomorrow, I may go ahead and support the two game bundle. I supported LRG at launch with a game I didn't even want with the hopes they'd publish something I did. I can definitively say Mecho Wars Desert Ashes is pretty dang solid a game and well worth owning physically.

Yeah like when Retro City Rampage was self published... that was a huge risk. Or when LRG, a pretty bad developer that was about to go under as a company, came around to self publish... that was a serious risk as well. Sure they had the games on hand already but buying a borderline bad game to "support" the dev into maybe publishing something good was a massive risk. No one knew at the time that the games would end up valuable or that we'd even get some of the indie games we actually wanted to own.

I don't think they'll have the whole ESRB issue as these are not being distributed to stores. LRG was doing that and got caught and called out on it.

Once they hit the $28K goal, likely before tomorrow, I may go ahead and support the two game bundle. I supported LRG at launch with a game I didn't even want with the hopes they'd publish something I did.

I don't think they'll have the whole ESRB issue as these are not being distributed to stores. LRG was doing that and got caught and called out on it.
Hey, it's your money, but LRG at start had the games in hand. Ordered 10/29/2015, shipped 11/2/2015. Meanwhile, the deadline for requesting physical Vita carts already passed FOUR months ago.

And LRG thought they could skip ESRB because they weren't selling it retail. ESRB ended up saying, no, they had to certify it anyways, by requiring Sony to have it for all physical releases.

But like I said, hey, it's your money.

$28,000 goal, 20K raised so far, 4000 total copies (2000 per game) for which the production has been secured with sony for vita carts... comes to $7 per game. After fees (avg 7% per game and $0.30 if using a credit card) it ends up just over $6. I think this. $28K minus fees, is the total cost of the actual production. I've seen similar numbers elsewhere for physical vita game production with Sony, though we (the consumer) aren't supposed to know it.

Further on pricing, Plague Road through LRG was $25 per game (before shipping)... this campaign has a list price of $50 for two games which comes to $25 per game. They have a $5 off per game deal going which I think is just because LRG isn't getting a piece of the pie on this one and they probably know how much of a turnoff indigogo alone is that pricing fair might help ease people into taking the risk.

Plague Road was a successful Kickstarter campaign. The thing with Kickstarter though are all the tiers and rewards they have to put together to run one as well as the time frame between start and end and when the actual money is turned over. Here we have only game rewards with no LE's, soundtracks, posters, figures, or other stuff that slows production and ends up becoming a huge mess to handle. Shipping should be pretty dang streamlined with so few configurations.

Indiegogo is a huge red flag and it's still one here, but these guys have had a successful Kickstarter, a second kickstarter (for SkullPirates), and are no strangers to physical production on the vita. In the end I think this was probably the quickest path to get funding without having to manage everything. IT was possibly the only path if they were the ones turned away by LRG. I don't 100% trust this, but I've taken bigger risks.

Once they hit the $28K goal, likely before tomorrow, I may go ahead and support the two game bundle. I supported LRG at launch with a game I didn't even want with the hopes they'd publish something I did. I can definitively say Mecho Wars Desert Ashes is pretty dang solid a game and well worth owning physically.

Yeah like when Retro City Rampage was self published... that was a huge risk. Or when LRG, a pretty bad developer that was about to go under as a company, came around to self publish... that was a serious risk as well. Sure they had the games on hand already but buying a borderline bad game to "support" the dev into maybe publishing something good was a massive risk. No one knew at the time that the games would end up valuable or that we'd even get some of the indie games we actually wanted to own.

They haven't physically published a thing themselves. On the other hand, as you point out, both LRG and the publisher of Retro City Rampage actually had the product on hand and ready to go once orders came in. You also have the added issue here of Vita production being severely constrained by Sony and a deadline that passed months ago to essentially reserve release slots. As far as I know, ESRB now applies to all indie releases replicated in Sony facilities and not just those intended for retail. That's why SRG almost didn't release Ruiner physically at all. In short, there are a lot of potential problems here and while it's not a lot of money to most of us individually, it is certainly very appropriate to be cautious given all the red flags.

bread's done
Back