PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the trailer for the physical is kinda epic, I mean who else makes a trailer to blatantly point out the games are coming physically?

https://youtu.be/vPXCkDGf2Lk

Doing a bit of googling last night, I found a previous Indiegogo campaign that Luc Bernard did for Imagination is the only Escape.  It was supposed to be a game about a jewish kid during the time of the holocaust.   The campaign was the same setup as this new one, except it was for $125K but only managed to raise $5K.  So it wasn't funded, he still got his cut of the money, and while that is what people signed up for by donating... and it seemed like the legitimately the guy wanted to make the game (even possibly securing a deal with Sony to make the game exclusively for the vita)... it hasn't happened.   The thing that urks me is not that it failed to get fully funded but more that the communication with those that donated was non existent.

While none of this has to do with Arcade Distillery or changes the fact that Luc Bernard has managed to get multiple games done including successful Kickstarter projects and published to a multitude of systems since then... I'm likely just going to sit this one out despite my love for Mecho Wars.  I don't think they've done a great job communicating the goal, exactly what the money is going for, and what will happen if it doesn't meet the goal.  Like, will they still pay for production and still ship people their games or will they just walk away?

On a side note, I've not bought a physical vita game in quite a while now.  I've moved on to Switch for most of the indie games I was buying on Vita.   I still like the company and want to see Mecho Wars on the Switch... but if they do a physical run for it through Inidiegogo the only way I'll bite is if this campaign goes smoothly from start to games in peoples hands.

Would just like to note in response to what you said @nightc1, that Luc Bernard has been communicating everything related to these two releases through Twitter. The games are coming regardless of the funding level, hence why the campaign page says this campaign is setup as a "Flex Funding" campaign. So if it were ending today they could still declare it a successful campaign, think of this as being similar to the "Best Offer" feature on Ebay if you would.

That being said, onto what I came here to post...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklists, and Regions 2, 3, and 4 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2018 -
- 4th Quarter

Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten (Today! 10/19)
Dragon Sinker (10/26)
Iconoclasts (3rd Quarter?)
Shakedown Hawaii (TBA)

- 2019 -
- 1st Quarter

Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes (March)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (February)
The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants Edition (March?)
War Theatre (March)

- Release Dates Not Yet Announced
Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~ (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Book 1: The Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Siralim 2 (TBA)
Spelunky (TBA)
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Aksys Games -
Death Mark

Limited Edition - Available to Pre-order
- $59.99
- https://www.amazon.com/Death-Mark-Limited-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B07GCN6FPB/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1539954569&sr=1[/url
- https://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/death-mark-limited-edition/167133
- https://www.play-asia.com/death-mark-limited-edition/13/70c8qt
- https://www.videogamesplus.ca/death-mark-limited-edition-vita-plus-points-free-shipping-p-26172.html
- Release Date: October 31st, 2018

- Arcade Distillery -
War Theatre
Limited Production Release - Available to Pre-order
- $20.00 (+ S&H)
- [URL="https://www.indiegogo.com/pro...tillery-s-final-physical-ps-vita-games#/[/url
- Release Date: March, 2019
-
Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes
Limited Production Release - Available to Pre-order
- $20.00 (+ S&H)
- [URL="https://www.indiegogo.com/pro...tillery-s-final-physical-ps-vita-games#/[/url
- Release Date: March, 2019

Would just like to note in response to what you said @nightc1, that Luc Bernard has been communicating everything related to these two releases through Twitter. The games are coming regardless of the funding level, hence why the campaign page says this campaign is setup as a "Flex Funding" campaign. So if it were ending today they could still declare it a successful campaign, think of this as being similar to the "Best Offer" feature on Ebay if you would.
I totally appreciate you posting that. I may go look at his posts on twitter later this weekend.

I really wish they would have put some effort into the indiegogo campaign itself to relay this info as well as be more descriptive about what the gameplay of War Theater is. I'm guessing it's more plague road... where as I shouldn't have to guess when looking at the campaign. I even googled for videos and the best I found was the same teaser trailer in the campaign.

Death Mark LE (Vita version) placeholder is now up on Best Buy (but can't be ordered yet).  I really hope they take orders soon as I want to cancel my Amazon order before it ships.

Same. Seemed like it cost them 3.30 Euros to send. Depending on the amount of copies they sent to people in the US, it's a huge loss for them. All cuz of a misprint on their part too.
Yeah. It's nice of them to honor that misprint. Considering the CD was just in a cardboard sleeve in an envelope, I'm surprised it was damaged in some way during transit. Still cool though, and it's now in my wall mounted CD display.

Just a heads up guys/gals, my Bloodstained refund from Fangamer just arrived to me from Paypal, so keep an eye on your inboxes if you opted for a refund. I'm glad to be officially done with this, as they couldn't have screwed the pooch more in regards to the Vita version of this. Wasn't a total loss, as I did get that cool 8-bit game for my troubles.

Just a heads up guys/gals, my Bloodstained refund from Fangamer just arrived to me from Paypal, so keep an eye on your inboxes if you opted for a refund. I'm glad to be officially done with this, as they couldn't have screwed the pooch more in regards to the Vita version of this. Wasn't a total loss, as I did get that cool 8-bit game for my troubles.
I got mine this morning at well. Received a notification from PayPal and then checked and there was an email from fangamer already regarding the refunds.

I got mine this morning at well. Received a notification from PayPal and then checked and there was an email from fangamer already regarding the refunds.
Yeah, I had completely forgotten they planned to issue these refunds by the end of October, which I honestly didn't think would happen on time. Since Fangamer was a part of the overall equation, I did hope for the best, as they are one of my favorite retail outlets(for game merch anyways). This came at a good time actually, as my wallet was crying for some extra funds, and like a gift from the heavens, here they are. LOL

New Trailer released today for Battle Princess Madelyn. It is still coming to Vita? Vita is listed at the end of the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=64&v=RP7pWequf7I

Really? Interesting, some back pedelling has transpired behind the scenes then. No complaints from me... but my wallet, my poor wallet.

DqSb4W1XcAEl8js.jpg

New Trailer released today for Battle Princess Madelyn. It is still coming to Vita? Vita is listed at the end of the trailer.
They never offered a physical on the Vita side, so that's really the only reason it wouldn't arrive, as digital is not ending in March 2019, just physical options.

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to buy a new Vita console. Amazon JP got their new stock in for both the black and aqua blue Vitas. Didn't have a blue one yet, so I ordered one of those with standard 3-6 day shipping to the US. Total came out to $175.99.

I forgot I funded Madelyn. I primarily remember wanting to forget about it because it was so far out and was going to be forever before it was finished. I even ignored the occasional update emails they would send. I guess I can finally get hyped up if it's this close. 

Airship Q arrived today from Japan. Installed the english patch. I forgot about the reverse X and O lol

If anybody wants this game I would recommend now being a good time to get it because it's really, really cheap. I got it new for about $14 including shipping.

Airship Q arrived today from Japan. Installed the english patch. I forgot about the reverse X and O lol

If anybody wants this game I would recommend now being a good time to get it because it's really, really cheap. I got it new for about $14 including shipping.
Nice! Where did you get it from? I tried importing a few games from PlayAsia but they cancelled my order (which included Airship Q.) For $14 I would grab it for sure!

Nice! Where did you get it from? I tried importing a few games from PlayAsia but they cancelled my order (which included Airship Q.) For $14 I would grab it for sure!
Surprisingly enough I got it from Amazon third party market place. Just go to its page. Right now it's max $15.

I got airship q also, mines from eBay. I bought it a week ago pre-owned. The Japanese seller I bought it from sent it in like new condition wrapped in plastic. And I got tea bag with it and a tracking number. Cost $12 and came in less than a week.

There's alot listed on eBay. I don't think it will become rare just yet.

Thanks guys!  After a couple of my flash/coupon sales at PlayAsia got cancelled I kinda gave up on imports.  Never really thought to check Amazon!  

Slayaway Camp Butcher's Cut is coming to Vita on November 6th.
It will be cross buy with the PS4 version which is on sale right now for $4.24 for plus members in the Sale of the Dead until 11/2. I just bought the game now for PS4 and will be happy to play this puzzle game when it releases on my Vita.

Two of XSEED's producers left today, no reason specified for one, the other left to teach in Japan:

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/1055862246482468865

https://twitter.com/wyrdwad_tom/status/1055882547048079360

Not as impactful to the Vita since XSEED's almost completely bowed out, but it may have larger implications for the company.

Well, I would have loved it to have been a reversal with Double Switch releasing on Vita. I played that game to death on the Sega CD. Still questioning why it's received a "M" rating as I don't recall there being any content in it to warrant more then a "T" rating. Sega had voluntarily rated it MA-13 or some such, but a modern rating board giving it a "M" seems really excessive. Night Trap is a good game though, and I haven't played it literally in twenty years or more, so I am looking forward to it being on the Vita.

If either was going to get a "M" rating I would've thought it would've been Night Trap, that game stirred up all manner of controversy when it released to the point they even had to redesign the cover art for the second print run of the game.

Couldn't agree more. Who actually wants Night trap of all games?
I do actually, and the Vita version will be my third buy, as I bought the PS4 and then the NS, but this one I'll actually play. LOL

EDIT: I never played NT much originally, as FMV games on the Sega CD looked like ass and then some. So once I saw a remaster was coming, I was all for it. I only got the PS4, as I thought that was gonna be the only version, so once I found out about the NS, I sold the PS4 and got that one. Now of course, the version I wanted most is coming, so I'll either gift the NS version to my son, or sell it and fund the Vita version.

Two of XSEED's producers left today, no reason specified for one, the other left to teach in Japan:

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/1055862246482468865

https://twitter.com/wyrdwad_tom/status/1055882547048079360

Not as impactful to the Vita since XSEED's almost completely bowed out, but it may have larger implications for the company.
Sounds like the guy just took another job. I don't think it's cause for concern.

The issue is more that XSEED is a pretty small place (<50 employees) and these were two of the more prominent employees (both were producers).
Not only that, but one of them was the main voice at XSEED against censorship. He was very outspoken on behalf of the anti-censorship gaming crowd. Hopefully he continues to be a strong voice.

Anyone else who ordered Death Mark (Vita) from Best Buy get a notification that the order has been delayed and they will try to fill it until Nov 29? I ordered it shortly after the link to purchase went live, but know that it didn't last long and is now saying sold out. Wondering if I should order it elsewhere or if Best Buy usually comes through on orders that get delayed on or after release day.

Anyone else who ordered Death Mark (Vita) from Best Buy get a notification that the order has been delayed and they will try to fill it until Nov 29? I ordered it shortly after the link to purchase went live, but know that it didn't last long and is now saying sold out. Wondering if I should order it elsewhere or if Best Buy usually comes through on orders that get delayed on or after release day.
I'm in the same boat. I'm going to give it until tomorrow and then try to get one elsewhere.

My copy wasn't even mailed until today. Not from BB, ordered mine from those Canadian folk at VG Plus and saved myself a whopping fifty-nine cents over the local price because of what the sales taxes would've been. #CAGforLife

I'm in the same boat. I'm going to give it until tomorrow and then try to get one elsewhere.
That is what I'm thinking I will do as well. Stinks to lose the GCU discount, but I don't want to wait so long it goes out of stock at other places.

My copy wasn't even mailed until today. Not from BB, ordered mine from those Canadian folk at VG Plus and saved myself a whopping fifty-nine cents over the local price because of what the sales taxes would've been. #CAGforLife
Ah ok. Thanks for the info. Maybe Best Buy will get them in the next day or two. VG Plus is always a good option.

Same here. Can't make changes to the order either, hopefully that's a sign it's shipping soon.

Also got the delayed email and ordered a few hours after it went up at BB. Best Buy has come through in the past for me on similar items (except Owlboy CE but that wasn't exactly the same situation). I'm definitely going to wait it out with them.

bread's done
Back