PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Aksys has a high free shipping threshold ($75) but the prices are great so you can easily make that if you buy a few titles.  Also, I ordered during their BF sale and they threw in a bunch of free extras that I didn't order (2 soundtrack samplers, a mini art book, and some pins).

If you order the Play-Asia titles on Thursday, be sure to do it in 2 different orders and use a $3 off code (MYPSVITA, CENSORED, GEMATSU, etc) in each order for maximum savings.

Looks like they’ve disabled coupons on the playasia games.
Yep, they did. Sad day.
Well, these where going to be the first titles I wanted, and planned to pass on, as it's near the end, so I figured why bother? In the next 5-6 months, I'll probably be hacking my Vita and selling off most my collection(only keeping my must haves), and now seeing the savings is gone, I think I made the right call.

Is there even a place where you can add the coupon? I can't seem to find it. I was going to try the $5 off coupon from the Psikyo Collection that I just received. At least they discount $5 off for ordering both games together.

Well, these where going to be the first titles I wanted, and planned to pass on, as it's near the end, so I figured why bother? In the next 5-6 months, I'll probably be hacking my Vita and selling off most my collection(only keeping my must haves), and now seeing the savings is gone, I think I made the right call.
ricotito23 mentioned this as well, but adding both to a single order will give you an automatic $5 discount. The old coupon codes were $3 each, so we're only talking about a $1 difference this time. But for future releases, who knows what discounts will be offered.

Is there even a place where you can add the coupon? I can't seem to find it. I was going to try the $5 off coupon from the Psikyo Collection that I just received. At least they discount $5 off for ordering both games together.
No, the coupon portion of checkout is gone when ordering these games.

I ordered something else earlier today and the coupon field was there.

ricotito23 mentioned this as well, but adding both to a single order will give you an automatic $5 discount. The old coupon codes were $3 each, so we're only talking about a $1 difference this time. But for future releases, who knows what discounts will be offered.
Yeah, I'm sure this was changed due to the abuses most of us took part in by placing many separate orders and using the $3 off for each one. So at the end of the day, I can't really be mad at them, as with free shipping, the $3 discount was even more icing on each cake so to speak. LOL And these releases where already really nicely priced, as you get a ton more, for almost the same price of what you pay LRG for a standard release. So it's all good even if they no longer have a discount on a single release, as it's time for me to bow out gracefully and the Vita will probably be my last collected system at this point.

I have a few NS titles, but nothing I would consider a collection, and with the soon to be digital mostly future, I think I'll just be focusing on my publications, and the occasional niche gaming item, and no more games.

I have a few NS titles, but nothing I would consider a collection, and with the soon to be digital mostly future, I think I'll just be focusing on my publications, and the occasional niche gaming item, and no more games.
Gotta appreciate the irony behind this comment. Games are going more and more digital, so it's time to focus on collecting physical books and magazines.

I'm joking of course because I'm no better, and will continue to post in the Art Book thread :booty:

Four stores in my area have it in stock, and I'm trying really hard to justify not buying it again (I have the PS4 Noble Phantasm, and a regular Vita copy).

The Switch version is also under $20 new at GS, and includes all of the DLC from the PSV/PS4 versions btw.
Yeah, I ended up getting the Switch version at Best Buy with price match through their online chat. Was not going to pay $5 shipping at Gamestop when I don't have to. Now I technically have all physical versions of the game lol.

Gotta appreciate the irony behind this comment. Games are going more and more digital, so it's time to focus on collecting physical books and magazines.

I'm joking of course because I'm no better, and will continue to post in the Art Book thread :booty:
I had planned to have a PS4 by now, but with my backlog the size it is, I just said said to hell with it, as there's just not enough time in the day at this point. LOL I had been grabbing a few must have NS titles, so I would be prepared when the time came, but even buying a few titles here and there seems a lost cause for me at this point.

This is really the first gen ever where I really haven't had a deep desire to buy a new system. There are of course several games I would really like to play across all three platforms. But it's stuff I can wait and play way, way down the road for probably pennies on the dollar(at least the PSN titles). So I'm not completely throwing in the towel, but for sure making some major life changes(in regards to my buying/collecting habits). As I'm tired of traveling down this same road, as it leads to the same place each and every time. LOL

I had planned to have a PS4 by now, but with my backlog the size it is, I just said said to hell with it, as there's just not enough time in the day at this point. LOL I had been grabbing a few must have NS titles, so I would be prepared when the time came, but even buying a few titles here and there seems a lost cause for me at this point.

This is really the first gen ever where I really haven't had a deep desire to buy a new system. There are of course several games I would really like to play across all three platforms. But it's stuff I can wait and play way, way down the road for probably pennies on the dollar(at least the PSN titles). So I'm not completely throwing in the towel, but for sure making some major life changes(in regards to my buying/collecting habits). As I'm tired of traveling down this same road, as it leads to the same place each and every time. LOL
I get it, I had no plans to purchase a Xbox One or a PS4, but of the two was leaning towards buying a PS4. Still don't own a PS4, and only reason I got a XB1 a little over a year ago was because an old friend was selling his with games, two controllers, and the controller recharging station for a great price and I knew it was well cared for. But having had it, I found all I ever really did was play online multi-player in Star Wars: Battlefront... and that only because I somehow earned a free year subscription to XBL: Gold while I was working at Best Buy. But I haven't touched the system to speak of since that XBL ran out and don't really feel compelled to spend money to re-up XBL just for the privilege of multi-player gaming. Not my most neglected gaming console, but... between the system updates and game patches that take a hour plus to install, this console gen doesn't compel me to desire gaming. Like if I was a masochist and wanted to be aggravated with never ending patches and updates, I'd install Windows 10 on my PC. I sit down to a gaming console, pop in a game, and and want to play right away, not wait hours on the system to decide if I can play based on updates and patches.

I haven’t hit that point just yet. I have all major consoles from the last several gens and piles of games to go with them. I keep trying to go digital, but something always holds me back (first it was my shitty internet speeds, then it was GCU being cheaper than digital, who knows what excuse will be next).

But I need to definitely cut back. I have tons of sealed stuff that I’ve never gotten to play. And years later, some of them are valuable enough to make me question if it’s even worth opening them anymore.

I need to join CAG Anonymous

“Hi. I’m Wings and I’m addicted to collecting video games”

They matched it but it sold out fast. Wasn't able to buy it in time. For some reason when I ordered it through GameStop I got free no hurry shipping. Same thing happened when I ordered god of war and L.A. Noire separately on Black Friday. Is this a thing or a glitch?
Got lucky. My local GS have FATE LE (VITA) SEALED Excellent Condition copy for $16.XX after taxes ;)

I get it, I had no plans to purchase a Xbox One or a PS4, but of the two was leaning towards buying a PS4. Still don't own a PS4, and only reason I got a XB1 a little over a year ago was because an old friend was selling his with games, two controllers, and the controller recharging station for a great price and I knew it was well cared for. But having had it, I found all I ever really did was play online multi-player in Star Wars: Battlefront... and that only because I somehow earned a free year subscription to XBL: Gold while I was working at Best Buy. But I haven't touched the system to speak of since that XBL ran out and don't really feel compelled to spend money to re-up XBL just for the privilege of multi-player gaming. Not my most neglected gaming console, but... between the system updates and game patches that take a hour plus to install, this console gen doesn't compel me to desire gaming. Like if I was a masochist and wanted to be aggravated with never ending patches and updates, I'd install Windows 10 on my PC. I sit down to a gaming console, pop in a game, and and want to play right away, not wait hours on the system to decide if I can play based on updates and patches.
Yeah, a friend of mine who used to managed at GS offered me his PS4 back when the slim came out, but I didn't want the first gen model, as those always have issues. My buy in was $200 for any of the three, but once the PS4/ONE reached those numbers, I figured why not wait for the X/Pro to get that cheap, as I didn't have a strong reason to get either. Of course the NS has't got there yet, but I'm still hopeful for a slim NS, that will reach that number, and I'm likely to grab that, as I'm mostly portable. But recent rumors may be leaning towards the NS revision being a more expensive upgrade, than a cheaper smaller unit, so who knows?

And I feel you on those updates, as I have to plan ahead of time to use my PS3, as the updates on there are fuck ing insane. LOL

But I need to definitely cut back. I have tons of sealed stuff that I’ve never gotten to play. And years later, some of them are valuable enough to make me question if it’s even worth opening them anymore.

Yeah, this is a part of my issue, and why I've reach my recent thoughts on the subject. Since the SNES days, I would always buy games I wanted to play, but working 6-7 days a week made that hard, so the backlog always starts the same way. Then once I go to play a game, if it's sealed, then I need to think it over, which in turn defeats the damn purpose. It's just hamster wheel over and over, with most of my play time only coming once I have easy access to games, and the value of a collectible is removed from the equation. So put me down for a seat at CAG anonymous, as I could sure use the support. LOL

I haven’t hit that point just yet. I have all major consoles from the last several gens and piles of games to go with them. I keep trying to go digital, but something always holds me back (first it was my shitty internet speeds, then it was GCU being cheaper than digital, who knows what excuse will be next).

While not trying to go all Digital (not against Digital, but I prefer physical) I also suffer your same issue.

GCU created my backlog from Hell. GCU dies for me in Feb 19, and so will my backlog. (maybe...)

So I noticed that Amazon has the Vita standard edition of Code Realize Wintertide Miracles up for preorder again. What sucks is they canceled my order from when it was available the first time. I thought they weren’t getting enough to cover orders, but here they are with it available again lol.

Anyway, it’s not a huge deal since I was able to place an order at GameStop. I just thought it was weird they canceled my order at all.

So I noticed that Amazon has the Vita standard edition of Code Realize Wintertide Miracles up for preorder again. What sucks is they canceled my order from when it was available the first time. I thought they weren’t getting enough to cover orders, but here they are with it available again lol.

Anyway, it’s not a huge deal since I was able to place an order at GameStop. I just thought it was weird they canceled my order at all.
Amazon did the same thing to me with the PS4 version of Darkest Dungeon. Their system is just weird sometimes.

Lots of LRG Vita releases appear to be at risk:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1076116967155740674

With the flurry of Q3/Q4 releases I can't say I'm surprised, but I am a little surprised they weren't keeping better track of the allotment. 

Sorry for the double post, but it looks like AW Phoenix Fiesta also got delisted on PSN. Looks like it may be a trend developing for Bandai-Namco licensed games, if you're interested in any this would be a good time to make those purchases.

https://twitter.com/TweetVitaReview/status/1076189291280326656

Lots of LRG Vita releases appear to be at risk:

With the flurry of Q3/Q4 releases I can't say I'm surprised, but I am a little surprised they weren't keeping better track of the allotment.
Yeah, I am utterly shocked that they somehow miscalculated a need for 10,000 carts. My guess is that they didn't properly allocate enough carts for the open pre-order games, Bastion and Cosmic Star Heroine and thus allowed those two games to erode away their cart allocation.

Yeah, I am utterly shocked that they somehow miscalculated a need for 10,000 carts. My guess is that they didn't properly allocate enough carts for the open pre-order games, Bastion and Cosmic Star Heroine and thus allowed those two games to erode away their cart allocation.
No, they gave Sony the numbers they needed, and Sony decide to give them less, and has nothing to do with LRG miscalculations.

Yeah, I am utterly shocked that they somehow miscalculated a need for 10,000 carts. My guess is that they didn't properly allocate enough carts for the open pre-order games, Bastion and Cosmic Star Heroine and thus allowed those two games to erode away their cart allocation
No, they gave Sony the numbers they needed, and Sony decide to give them less, and has nothing to do with LRG miscalculations.
Josh did confirm that Sony shorted them carts after the news started getting traction today, but he since deleted the tweet (probably to not invoke Sony's wrath). I didn't get a screenshot, but here's the link to where the tweet was:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1076198889194250241

exactly its more of sonys failures with no support, they most likely decided to cut carts which screwed lrg, decided to give carts to jp pubs for final release pubs, or most likely axed pubs in order to pay for their liberal over censored new screening to balance costs at the cost of small companies to ruin pubs, well at least lrg can still make the preorders for now but seems sony is slamming the door on vita as soon as possible, luckily with this trend i was lucky to get a end of days vita as it seems that was the last offical new system release they sold

Found his tweet! Will both quote here and post the tweet just in case it goes missing.

Josh Fairhurst‏ @LimitedRunJosh 11h11 hours ago

Having to do something I hate doing today - our remaining Vita cartridge allotment with Sony is far lower than we expected. We are being forced to put a pretty large swath of releases (over 10) on hold unless another publisher gives us some of their allotment. :(
Josh Fairhurst‏ @LimitedRunJosh 3h3 hours ago

Since this is gaining traction, I just want to clarify something: Sony did their best to give us as many carts as they could, and we may still get more before production ends as others free up their allocations. It's a tricky situation all around.
Josh Fairhurst‏ @LimitedRunJosh 3h3 hours ago

My wording for the initial tweet was poor and it sounds like I'm angry at Sony. I'm not. I just dislike changing plans and the allocation has put me in a spot where I have to do that, much to my dismay. Fingers crossed things work out in the end and these get to exist.

Well, just got a new email from VBlank, and Shakedown Hawaii is still coming physical in early 2019, so that's good news, as this will probably be the last great new release offered. Seems a great title to go out on, as it looks like a killer game.

They had to have production requested turned in by June 28th, 2018. Then they had open preorders on two games. They mentioned in the discussion on Bastion over on twitter that they had to pull carts from future releases to cover Bastion.

I'd go look up the tweet (I think it was posted in the LRG thread) ... just no time for that now.

Image speaks for itself.:

neuro_announcement_psv.png

So say someone wanted to get a Vita and a few games....what's the general opinion on where to get one these days... GameStop...eBay... Craigslist? They all seem to be shooting the moon on prices right now...

So say someone wanted to get a Vita and a few games....what's the general opinion on where to get one these days... GameStop...eBay... Craigslist? They all seem to be shooting the moon on prices right now...
It depends on what your looking for. I would say the majority of my games have came from GameStop but I will say it’s starting to get slim pickings from them. Also ebay isn’t bad either as you see what condition it comes in. Don’t trust craigslist as much as I think their description of “condition of items” are different then mine but that’s just IMO.

Edit: I’m talking about the games. Definitely listen to Tweeg for where to get the system.

Amazon Japan
For a new system Amazon Japan for certain. But if shopping for used then pawn shops tend to be a better deal than GameStop, at least in my area the pawn shops are only asking $100 for a Vita. Craigslist is viable if you can find a seller with a system at a reasonable price. GameStop is a viable option, but expensive as heck.

Sorry for the double post, but it looks like AW Phoenix Fiesta also got delisted on PSN. Looks like it may be a trend developing for Bandai-Namco licensed games, if you're interested in any this would be a good time to make those purchases.

https://twitter.com/TweetVitaReview/status/1076189291280326656
good thing i got that for the ps4 when it was on sale, yeah been seeing alot of delisting of games both us and jp faster than normal, wish there was an explanation for it, looks like i might have to pony up and pay the higher prices for some of the items instead of waiting for a good sale

bread's done
Back