PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
You still like rubbing that one in. =[ My $80 3ds xl peed on your vita, I still regret not getting it when I had the chance.
I called you and let you know. You just picked the 3DS XL over the Vita and it was sold out when you decided to order it. I thought the 3DS XLs were $59.99 from Lockerz? Well anyway great deals all around. Lockerz had the best deals on launch Vitas from systems to games including 32GB memory cards. Just had to click on those videos each day to earn those points.

Thanks for the info guys, as now I'm strongly leaning towards buying another 1000 based on everyones thoughts, if anyone else has any info on the 1000 screens, feel free to share as well.
My launch Vita is still working fine and I used it a lot over the years. My only issue is the battery life isn't the greatest anymore. I recently got a slim model last year (neon orange) and have basically switched over to using that as my main vita. The battery life is excellent on the slim. I just want a bigger memory card for my slim.

I have a 16GB in it but don't want to spend the money on a bigger one. I also don't want to or have the time to transfer the data from my launch vita. I have a 32GB card in my launch model but the transfer process is so tedious and slow I would rather just leave things they way they are and deal with managing my games. It is helping me to play some games, complete them and get them off my slim's 16GB card.

I'm trying to free up 5GB of space for Secret of Mana and Valkyria Revolution.
I will get there eventually just have to get through more of the backlog.

I'm also still using my launch unit. I don't think I've used it enough for the battery life to be noticeably worse--not like it was really great to begin with, after all. I'm going to get a slim for the collection at some point, but I can't see myself giving up the OLED screen for actual use. 

Batteries are available for ≈$10 on eBay and work great. I bought an 1000 CIB from Japan a few months ago as a backup and it shipped without battery. Added a new one and it works perfectly.

I love ordering "used" items from Japan. The listings typically _so_ self critical and the items almost always come in perfect shape with all the original padding, bags, and documentation.

I love ordering "used" items from Japan. The listings typically _so_ self critical and the items almost always come in perfect shape with all the original padding, bags, and documentation.
Unlike the US, where sellers promise the world and deliver complete and utter shit more often than not. LOL

The way "mint" is thrown around, and in those listings, I can actually see defects in the pictures, which are often from a distance. So if I can see issues from an actual picture, "mint" anything should be removed from that sellers vocab, as it's apparent they have no clue.

Unlike the US, where sellers promise the world and deliver complete and utter shit more often than not. LOL

The way "mint" is thrown around, and in those listings, I can actually see defects in the pictures, which are often from a distance. So if I can see issues from an actual picture, "mint" anything should be removed from that sellers vocab, as it's apparent they have no clue.
I can't even put into words how much shit I have returned for these types of reasons. And I ask extremely detailed questions before buying, so sellers are either complete fucking retards or don't even check. I have ended up in arguments for returns where I end up stating that if they can't see or do 'x' then they probably shouldn't be driving or voting lmao.

As a casual seller, all I get is a stream of the most incredibly stupid questions on Ebay.   At best, all they want is for me to give them a discount.  Or they tell me that they really want to buy something, just not now but definitely in six months.   Whenever I get incredibly picky questions I don't even answer them because I don't want problem customers buying my stuff.  I don't give a shit about your OCD collector's status and that you might try to fuck me with returns because your shitty mailman kicks around boxes.  The pictures and description are right there dude. 

8.5 times outta 10 the question is a pointless waste of my time and consideration.  It is almost never in my best interest to answer questions.  I did a trial for one year and gave the most detailed answers to questions.   It did not result in those people buying said items.  It's just a bunch of annoying window shoppers that require attention.  The hands down most annoying part is that when you answer someone's question, it always results in them asking more fucking questions.  

The hands down most annoying part is that when you answer someone's question, it always results in them asking more fucking questions.
Oh yeah, like what kind of questions?
tumblr_lcytgowrto1qb4j6wo1_400.jpg

My main pain point with sellers being incompetent and not answering questions is cover art. Creases, indents, etc (let's be blunt: damage) are extremely common--on new games, too! So I will ask about this before buying anything. These things are bloody impossible to see with pictures (even when trying to take a picture of a specific blemish). They are, however, extremely evident in hand and under direct lighting.

It always blows my mind when I can ask a detailed question about the cover art, pointing out the most common spots for issues, and how to check (whilst pointing out that it takes 30 seconds if that, which is true) and then still be unhappy with my results. I either get some vague-assed response which all but guarantees that they didn't even look, or I get the all clear and then 5-10 seconds after removing it from the shipping box (because I bought it like a big dummy) I see the issues I was assured aren't there. Either I have some kind of super human power, or my expectations that an adult who drives, votes, and has a Paypal account can see if a fucking piece of paper has a crease in it are just completely unreasonable lol. 

As for answering questions when I'm selling. I do it for two reasons. One, moral high ground. I need to be above reproach to be able to self righteously bitch about things, as I just did in the prior paragraph lol. And two, it can really help with an eBay case.

I can't even put into words how much shit I have returned for these types of reasons. And I ask extremely detailed questions before buying, so sellers are either complete fucking retards or don't even check. I have ended up in arguments for returns where I end up stating that if they can't see or do 'x' then they probably shouldn't be driving or voting lmao.
Yeah, at this point, Ebay is just flooded with run of the mill sellers, and you for sure have to search to find any level of quality. The best I can gather is that most sellers use "perfect, mint, like new" as a way to get interest, with no real concern for delivering as promised. I think most figure people won't bother with returns, or whatever else when they get items not as described.

I can tell with one question who or what I'm dealing with, as true collector's know their shit, and respond as such. When I get basic answers, to detailed questions, I know to look elsewhere. On the flip side of the equation, I know when being asked questions, who's serious and who are potential clowns. I will always answer questions to the best of my abilities, but I have no issues telling guys/gals to look elsewhere when the seem to be a "problem child". LOL

As a casual seller, all I get is a stream of the most incredibly stupid questions on Ebay. At best, all they want is for me to give them a discount. Or they tell me that they really want to buy something, just not now but definitely in six months. Whenever I get incredibly picky questions I don't even answer them because I don't want problem customers buying my stuff. I don't give a shit about your OCD collector's status and that you might try to fuck me with returns because your shitty mailman kicks around boxes. The pictures and description are right there dude.

8.5 times outta 10 the question is a pointless waste of my time and consideration. It is almost never in my best interest to answer questions. I did a trial for one year and gave the most detailed answers to questions. It did not result in those people buying said items. It's just a bunch of annoying window shoppers that require attention. The hands down most annoying part is that when you answer someone's question, it always results in them asking more fucking questions.
I go through the same thing every time. 9 times out of 10, the people who I do respond to with good answers and extra pics don't even buy the item or worse, decides to lowball.

I recently had one party ask for extra pics and different angles of a CE item, then his response was something along the lines of "based on the condition of the box, I'm willing to offer [$60 less avg market price]" and thing is, I kept my thing pristine, bought it from store and stored on a shelf. Dude nitpicked on the corner of the box where it folds in. It wasn't creased, scratched, dented or crushed. He had a issue with minor shelfwear. I told no thanks and wound up selling my thing for the BIN price randomly a week or so later.

Still rockin my launch vita and have sunk countless hours into it. Battery life slightly less than years ago, natch. Runs great. I have a slim as well but only use that when I travel for longer battery duration. Screen on the 1000 is so much better I wont use the slim otherwise

I go through the same thing every time. 9 times out of 10, the people who I do respond to with good answers and extra pics don't even buy the item or worse, decides to lowball.
Basically my experience too. Spend 15-20 minutes getting better pictures or to inspect for microscopic painting imperfections, result in a thanks and them still not purchasing. I'll continue to ignore it 9 times out of 10. If you care that insanely much, go buy a graded one.

Yeah, eBay sucks as a seller nowadays. I remember I had someone try to return something because of a rip in the plastic wrap that was pictured and noted in the description. I don't know if they just didn't look at the listing or were trying to scam me, but it took far longer than it should have for me to win the inevitable eBay case. I rarely sell things to begin with, but at this point I'd almost rather take it to my regional game store and get half as much to avoid the hassle.

Like others have said you can tell immediately when someone has a legitimate question or not.  Of course they get consideration and a thoughtful response.  But when receiving questions it's mostly about avoiding the risky buyers that likely are liabilities, because they actually cause you to lose money.   I don't have the time, the patience, or additional money to hand-hold people through an Ebay sale.  If you just purchase the item it will ship the following day and you'll have it in a few days in most cases. 

^You hit the nail on the head Nothing. I do a lot of selling on eBay, and I end up ignoring a lot of stupid questions. I sell anime and people are always asking "does this have English dub" when the picture clearly shows the audio options. Or is this Region 1/A when there's a large rating logo in the picture. Never mind the fact that this is information that can be easily obtained from a quick Google search. I use a template that states in all capital letters NOT to contact me with offers unless "best offer" function is available and I get a least 1-2 messages a day with "will you take $XX for this item? I hate eBay with a passion, but there are so few alternatives that you just have to endure the dumb as  fuck buyers.

you guys could use the app Offer Up.
It use to be only for local sales around your neighborhood but now they implemented a shipping feature. Shipping rates are fixed based on weight. Buyer pays shipping, you have to print out the label supplied by the app. The app holds the money than deposits the money to you after it arrives to the buyer. If you sell by shipping you get charged a 8% fee. Local sales are free of course.

Sounds to me like you guys want top dollar for your shit and don’t want to work for it... Welcome to retail!

The don’t sell so I can’t comment on those issues but as a consumer I can tell you there was a time I avoided eBay. It was partly due to all the retaliatory feedback and shitty sellers with there half-assed descriptions and lack of photos.

Some of these guys throw the word mint and like-new around like there’s no tomorrow. I’ll pay the extra dollar to get the item in the condition I want. Some of these guys fail to identify something as a rebuffed disc or it’s just completely scratched to he’ll but yet it’s mint. =\

Still using my launch oled vita 1000 too much like a lot of ppl here. No issues with the battery or screen but my left stick only moves up and down but not left to right. I've just been too lazy to fix it, so I'm limited to games that are touch only or use the d-pad. I have a PSTV too so that gets a good amount of use as well.

I hate eBay with a passion, but there are so few alternatives that you just have to endure the dumb as fuck buyers.
Yeah, I feel you and then some, as some of the questions I get defy all logic and reason. I give economic lessons on a regular basis when I'm asked why my shipping is so high, or why an item is listed so cheaply. I just love the guys bitching over shipping cost, when the item cost is about 75% cheaper than all other Ebay listings.

Sounds to me like you guys want top dollar for your shit and don’t want to work for it... Welcome to retail!

Some of these guys throw the word mint and like-new around like there’s no tomorrow. I’ll pay the extra dollar to get the item in the condition I want. Some of these guys fail to identify something as a rebuffed disc or it’s just completely scratched to he’ll but yet it’s mint. =\
I work for it, and then some, as I'll answer any and all questions no matter what. I'll also send extra pics upon request, and that is beyond time consuming, but for every 10 jokers I get, there's always one clown willing to buy something. LOL

Still using my launch oled vita 1000 too much like a lot of ppl here. No issues with the battery or screen but my left stick only moves up and down but not left to right. I've just been too lazy to fix it, so I'm limited to games that are touch only or use the d-pad. I have a PSTV too so that gets a good amount of use as well.
Yeah, I had completely forgotten about the normal short battery life of the 1000, but I never played past that time, so that's not a huge issue. As for normal mechanical issues, I'm pretty handy, and don't fear taking apart a system to change parts, clean, etc. I'm currently selling my Vita collection(minus the LRG stuff), so depending on how that goes, I'm still leaning towards getting another 1000. I'm glad to see no one has had any screen issues, as that's my only reason to even consider getting another one, as it was a thing of beauty.

The March NISA preorders are up on Best Buy in case anyone was waiting for a GCU discount:

Penny-Punching Princess - $29.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/penny-punching-princess-ps-vita/6323184.p?skuId=6323184

The Longest Five Minutes - $29.99 (pic of The Lost Child but correct description)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-longest-5-minutes-ps-vita/6323003.p?skuId=6323003

The Lost Child - $29.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-lost-child-ps-vita/6323186.p?skuId=6323186

Incidentally they seem to be allowing store pick up for these, though I would probably order for shipping to be safe.

Also, BB seems to have removed the Vita section on the website, though you can still search for titles by searching for "PS Vita games", which is how I found these.

I'm still planning to ebay a bunch of games in the near future ... just need to make the time.   I don't look forward to the stress of it all, but will be glad once my entire collection on all systems is cut at least in half if not more.   I've got a solid collection on PSN for the vita, so I won't be going to the dark side for vita games anytime in the near future.

... side note...

I've been playing Final Fantasy X the last few evenings on my vita.  What a snorefest of gameplay that one is.  The story is decent enough but the game is so linear I'm thinking about jumping ship.  Probably going to give it one more play session or find and watch through the story on youtube because I'm interested in what happens just not enjoying the gameplay side of it.

I don't have much interest in those three NISA games, and from what I've read, outside 'The Longest Five Minutes,' they're at best decent, but I still have GCU, so they're tempting.

Oh I didn't know Best Buy was still listing new Vita games. I may do all of them there since I still have GCU through early April.

I'm still planning to ebay a bunch of games in the near future ... just need to make the time. I don't look forward to the stress of it all, but will be glad once my entire collection on all systems is cut at least in half if not more. I've got a solid collection on PSN for the vita, so I won't be going to the dark side for vita games anytime in the near future.

... side note...

I've been playing Final Fantasy X the last few evenings on my vita. What a snorefest of gameplay that one is. The story is decent enough but the game is so linear I'm thinking about jumping ship. Probably going to give it one more play session or find and watch through the story on youtube because I'm interested in what happens just not enjoying the gameplay side of it.
story wise it ok, but like u said my first entry into the series when it was released and played about a third of it then traded it in, one of the worst things about the series is the heavy status effects u deal with that drag out fights, i like rpgs but not when a game purposely drags out play time with those cheap tactics, but its a port not an improvement with the rerelease so a shoot and miss

The March NISA preorders are up on Best Buy in case anyone was waiting for a GCU discount:

Penny-Punching Princess - $29.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/penny-punching-princess-ps-vita/6323184.p?skuId=6323184

The Longest Five Minutes - $29.99 (pic of The Lost Child but correct description)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-longest-5-minutes-ps-vita/6323003.p?skuId=6323003

The Lost Child - $29.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-lost-child-ps-vita/6323186.p?skuId=6323186

Incidentally they seem to be allowing store pick up for these, though I would probably order for shipping to be safe.

Also, BB seems to have removed the Vita section on the website, though you can still search for titles by searching for "PS Vita games", which is how I found these.
Thank you very much. I just placed my order with Best Buy and I will cancel my amazon order. I still have GCU.
I didn't think Best Buy was going to carry these but I'm glad they are since it just saved me $18.

Penny Punching real time kind of dungeon beat em up thing. Dungeon crawling turn-based RPG for Lost Child. Traditional turn-based RPG for Longest 5 Minutes.
Anyone have thoughts about Lost Child or Longest 5 Minutes? It seems like reviews are mediocre… but they're physical Vita games so I'm more likely to take a flyer.

5 minutes is mediocre. I'm being honest. Story is extremely forgettable just a typical remembering about his journey amnesiac hero and a final fight. It's for fans for RPGs in general, cause it's almost a parody of them. Not amazing, but not horrible. I'm getting them all for the heck of it and can sell them later after I beat them, but I don't think any of them are super highly thought of.

Yeah, Longest 5 Minutes was exactly "okay" for me. The story and the way it was presented were fun, but the actual gameplay was so basic and easy that it just ended up boring after a while. I just got Lost Child on Switch and I'm planning on giving that a try soon, too.

Anyone have thoughts about Lost Child or Longest 5 Minutes? It seems like reviews are mediocre… but they're physical Vita games so I'm more likely to take a flyer.
I played lost child on vita for about 8-9 hours, it's got some cool ideas like good puzzles and shortcuts etc, but falls short on many aspects. The visual is really bland, the characters and story are also pretty meh. 6.5/10 for me

So it seems physical Vita media is going out with a fizzle.. shame.
Well, we got support about 3-4 years longer than we ever should have, so for that, I can't complain. I'm current selling most of my collection, and holy hell, I had no idea how many games I had. And that's not counting the LRG(as I'm currently completing that set), as that is a huge portion all it's own. The Vita was hands down my most collected for system, period.

I've actually collected since the Colecovision days, and I would say my Vita collection is more than all the others combined. I really have a ton of games, and while I gave up on a complete set pretty early on, I would say I reached the 80% complete level(maybe more).

The Longest 5 Minutes was definitely an OK/alright game, nothing spectacular, but I was not expecting the soundtrack to sound so good, particularly the boss battle music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxv1rNsL_k4

got my vita copy of bard's tale from red art games. took about a week to get here after they shipped it. might go back and order a couple more they have up.

Is the Longest 5 minutes Sold Out at BBY? Seems like the page is gone entirely
I wouldn't be surprised if they just took the listing down to correct the picture (since it originally showed The Lost Child). They do that with some of their steelbooks sometimes, when the exclusive art comes in.

I was looking into YIIK yesterday because it launched on the Switch.  I'm ultimately not very interested in it for $20, but the cover art looked pretty cool.  IF it were $1... I'd probably give it a chance just because of how quirky it seems to be.  Sad that it's not getting the reviews.  Not surprising it's cancelled given it' won't be ready in time.  I guess the availability of Carts didn't even need to factor into the decision. 

Even if not a good game ultimately, the YIIK dev should be utterly ashamed of himself for prioritizing a Switch release over the Vita when the Vita version was announced two years ago, well over a year before a Switch version was announced.

Feels like another Sekai Project level of screw up.

bread's done
Back