PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally bought P4G a few weeks ago, had  a flight and decided to check to see if it was on sale and sure enough it was so I jumped.  I actually had the CE back in the day but sold it because I had no intention of playing it anytime soon and I remember they were going for quite a bit due to the rarity...  kind of regret it because I am a big SMT fan, but my garage is full of games and CEs I would rather have the cash for nowadays because my space is limited.

Anyway I also bought it back on the PS2 back in the day but never made it far, but after playing through P5 I decided to give it another try on the Vita and I am enjoying it more.  I wish there were save rooms in the dungeons like in P5...  nothing like running through 8 floors of enemies just to be defeated by the boss and have to do it all over again.

I want to get Persona 3 another chance now too, so I am waiting for P3P to go on sale.  Sucks they removed the cutscenes to get it to fit on the PSP, but I know I'll never hook my PS2 up again so this is going to be the most practical way for me to play it now.  Kinda wish they would rerelease it for the Vita with the cutscenes but that's not going to happen.  Glad to finally put some time in to my Vita though, it literally has been collecting dust for years.

Finally bought P4G a few weeks ago, had a flight and decided to check to see if it was on sale and sure enough it was so I jumped. I actually had the CE back in the day but sold it because I had no intention of playing it anytime soon and I remember they were going for quite a bit due to the rarity... kind of regret it because I am a big SMT fan, but my garage is full of games and CEs I would rather have the cash for nowadays because my space is limited.

Anyway I also bought it back on the PS2 back in the day but never made it far, but after playing through P5 I decided to give it another try on the Vita and I am enjoying it more. I wish there were save rooms in the dungeons like in P5... nothing like running through 8 floors of enemies just to be defeated by the boss and have to do it all over again.

I want to get Persona 3 another chance now too, so I am waiting for P3P to go on sale. Sucks they removed the cutscenes to get it to fit on the PSP, but I know I'll never hook my PS2 up again so this is going to be the most practical way for me to play it now. Kinda wish they would rerelease it for the Vita with the cutscenes but that's not going to happen. Glad to finally put some time in to my Vita though, it literally has been collecting dust for
There are definitely points to be made in both directions for whether P3P or P3 FES is the better way to experience P3. I keep hoping that we'll get an amalgamation someday without the drawbacks of either. For a first (and possibly only) time through, though, I really, really recommend P3 FES instead of P3P. The cutscenes add a lot to the experience and are important for atmosphere building. Being able to walk around and actually experience Iwatodai and its surrounding areas also goes a long way towards immersion building (always found the select a point on the map thing of some older SMT games to be cheap and lazy, and that's what P3P has). Further, while it is nowhere near the quality of the base game, there's a good chance that you'll end up wanting to go through 'The Answer' epilogue, and that's not even present on P3P.

If you don't want to hook your PS2 back up (component cables are fairly cheap, FYI, and receivers still have those inputs) then you can also get the PS2 classic digital release of P3 FES on PS3 or use the PCSX2 emulator, if you're a PC guy. I just wanted to throw that perspective out there for you to consider for when the time comes.

Just a heads up, the Hori Remote Assist grip with L2/R2 and L3/R3 support is also $22 at Play Asia. Been waiting for a good excuse to purchase at a decent price, and I've heard only good things about it. Not only is it cool for PS4 remote play, but should also help with playing vita games with L2/R2 support (i.e. MGS).

Just a heads up, the Hori Remote Assist grip with L2/R2 and L3/R3 support is also $22 at Play Asia. Been waiting for a good excuse to purchase at a decent price, and I've heard only good things about it. Not only is it cool for PS4 remote play, but should also help with playing vita games with L2/R2 support (i.e. MGS).
Link? I'm not having any luck finding it, or I'm not entering the right search terms.

I have something similar for my 1000 Vita, and I love it. The system is infinitely more comfortable to use now. That said, it no longer fits in any of my cases, so there is that drawback haha. 

Yes, the link Chris posted was the one I was referring to. I can report back on the quality after it arrives. I mainly picked it up for MGS, as the back touch screen just wasn't doing it for me. I haven't figured out a way to make remote play less laggy, so I've all but given up on that "perk".

Yes, the link Chris posted was the one I was referring to. I can report back on the quality after it arrives. I mainly picked it up for MGS, as the back touch screen just wasn't doing it for me. I haven't figured out a way to make remote play less laggy, so I've all but given up on that "perk".
I've seen tons of comments here from others over the years, and it's always been very favorable reviews for this item(this was why I bought mine in the first place). Being a long time Hori buyer myself, their quality often outshines much offered in the industry, as they take whats great, and makes it better 9/10 times.

I have something similar for my 1000 Vita, and I love it. The system is infinitely more comfortable to use now. That said, it no longer fits in any of my cases, so there is that drawback haha.
well 22$ is still more than msrp, that said, while what u say is true, not finding a solution is ur own fault, already i have two case for both models that fit well as alternatives for storage

well 22$ is still more than msrp, that said, while what u say is true, not finding a solution is ur own fault, already i have two case for both models that fit well as alternatives for storage
What was MSRP? $19.99? I haven't been able to find any in stock at that price... Which cases are you using that fit the vita with grip? I'd definitely be interested in picking one up!

fernz_gate_tweet_psv.JPG

spelunky_new_tweet_psv.JPG

A lot of them are, but I consider Spelunky excellent. The problem to me is that it's older and was a PS+ title in 2014. I like the game a lot, but yeah I can't double dip like that.

Yeah, Spelunky is a really good game. Already have it on PS+ (as with most LRG games) and XBL. But I'll grab the physical release anyway - I might not renew my PS+ after Vita is dropped.

I've played a few of those made for mobile Kemco RPG's, haven't been able to really get into any of them yet. They feel a bit clunky.

So many japanese vita games that never got brought over, and instead of getting them we're getting things like Fernz Gate.

So many japanese vita games that never got brought over, and instead of getting them we're getting things like Fernz Gate.
Just because a game didn't come over, doesn't mean no one put in the effort to try and make it happen.

The licensing for a Japanese title is much more than just stamping 'MURICA- GÜD2GO. Please do keep in mind they tried constantly to get the Arland Trillogy and KT just ignored them. It is a two way agreement and Kemco seems very willing.

It's funny, too, because KT would have several thousand guaranteed full priced sales for the Arland Trilogy. Then again, I loathe that company and many of their decisions, so I'm not too surprised that they're not being agreeable. 

The licensing for a Japanese title is much more than just stamping 'MURICA- GÜD2GO. Please do keep in mind they tried constantly to get the Arland Trillogy and KT just ignored them. It is a two way agreement and Kemco seems very willing.
They actually did talked to someone at Koei Tecmo, the just couldn't agree on the print run.

If your GameStop still has Vita games for sale, it might be worth it to check them out before they're gone forever. They have a sale where you get two $14.99 games for $20, and pro/elite discounts stack ($8/$9 each). They have 40+ games for $14.99 including Ys, Dragons crown, Stranger in Sword City, WoFF, 7'Scarlet, Demon gaze, Sonic racing, God wars, Madden 13, Disgaea 4, MeiQ, etc...

https://m.gamestop.com/browse/ps-vita/_/N-28ZanZ1oZ1z13m1sZ1z141um?Ns=variant.Price%7c0&Ntk=WildcardTitleKeyword

Browsing Gamefly.com's used game store and noticed they have Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk for $12.99 w/$2.98 shipping for anyone interested.  You'll at least get the case with full artwork.  Sadly not part of their free shipping offer.  Any recommendations on if it's worth picking up?  Haven't really ventured into visual novels on the Vita though I have a number of them in my collection now.  Love RPG's though, particularly the Trails of Cold Steel series.  

https://www.gamefly.com/game/psychedelica-of-the-ashen-hawk/5016742

I honestly can't say the last RPG on Vita I really, really loved. I know it's not Longest 5 Minutes at least. Probably Demon Gaze and Dungeon Travelers 2 if you like dungeon crawling games, and I quite liked both of those. Frankly recently it's just filled with Otome VNs and last minute usually very delayed indie games like Salt and Sanctuary. Still need to play God Wars at least.

I honestly can't say the last RPG on Vita I really, really loved. I know it's not Longest 5 Minutes at least. Probably Demon Gaze and Dungeon Travelers 2 if you like dungeon crawling games, and I quite liked both of those. Frankly recently it's just filled with Otome VNs and last minute usually very delayed indie games like Salt and Sanctuary. Still need to play God Wars at least.
I really like DT2, and I think I'm going to start Demon Gaze once I finish up Utawareromo: Mask of Truth.

There’s a difference between “bringing something over” and releasing a physical copy of a game.
This is a good point. I forgot about translations and such. Increases costs and time. It's regrettable that this is the situation but at least now I can lower my expectations of these last few games.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklists, and Regions 2, 3, and 4 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2019 -
- 1st Quarter

Fernz Gate (2/8)
Spelunky (2/8)
Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~ (2/14)
Penny-Punching Princess (3/19)
The Longest 5 Minutes (3/19)
The Lost Child (3/19)
Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes (March)
War Theatre (March)

- 2nd Quarter
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (April?) - TOM Has hinted they may have to switch this over to being a R3 release if they can not meet the looming R1 production submission deadline.

- Release Dates Not Yet Announced
Aban Hawkins & The 1001 Spikes - The Temple of the Dead Mourns the Living (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Book 1: The Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Shakedown Hawaii (TBA)
Super Meat Boy (TBA)
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (TBA)
The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants Edition (March?)
VVVVVV (TBA)

- Not Announced, but Predicted to Get LRG Physical Releases -
Asdivine Hearts II
Chronus Arc
Revenant Dogma

- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Aksys Games -
Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~
Limited Edition - Available to Pre-order
- $69.99
- https://store.aksysgames.com/collections/new-upcoming-products/products/copy-of-limited-edition-pre-order-code-realize-wintertide-miracles-psvita
- https://www.videogamesplus.ca/code-realize-wintertide-miracles-limited-edition-vita-plus-points-free-shipping-p-26377.html?osCsid=7fhjr7s01m67lrq710gt8dctj6
- https://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/code-realize-wintertide-miracles-limited-edition/170235
- https://www.amazon.com/Code-Realize-Wintertide-Miracles-Limited-PlayStation/dp/B07K3ZL3DY/

- https://www.bestbuy.com/site/code-realize-wintertide-miracles-limited-edition-ps-vita/6319455.p?skuId=6319455&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-fAdOM_XAnLqI4I1QEj.qgg

- Release Date: February 14th, 2019

- Arcade Distillery -
War Theatre
Limited Production Release - Pre-orders Closed
- $20.00 (+ S&H)
- [URL="https://www.indiegogo.com/pro...tillery-s-final-physical-ps-vita-games#/[/url
- Release Date: March, 2019
-
Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes
Limited Production Release - Pre-orders Closed
- $20.00 (+ S&H)
- [URL="https://www.indiegogo.com/pro...tillery-s-final-physical-ps-vita-games#/[/url
- Release Date: March, 2019

- Limited Run Games -
Spelunky
Collector's Edition - Not Yet Available
- $69.99
- https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-221-spelunky-collectors-edition-vita
- Sale Date: February 8th, 2019 at 10:00a.m. & 6:00p.m. EST (GMT -5)

- NIS America -
The Lost Child
Limited Edition - Pre-Order - SOLD OUT in under twenty-four hours (11/7 - 11/8).
- $49.99
- https://store.nisamerica.com/games/psvita/the-lost-child-limited-edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: March 19th, 2019

I couldn't agree more. You said it man.

It feels like everything noteworthy is a Dungeon Crawler or a VN.

If your GameStop still has Vita games for sale, it might be worth it to check them out before they're gone forever. They have a sale where you get two $14.99 games for $20, and pro/elite discounts stack ($8/$9 each). They have 40+ games for $14.99 including Ys, Dragons crown, Stranger in Sword City, WoFF, 7'Scarlet, Demon gaze, Sonic racing, God wars, Madden 13, Disgaea 4, MeiQ, etc...

https://m.gamestop.com/browse/ps-vita/_/N-28ZanZ1oZ1z13m1sZ1z141um?Ns=variant.Price%7c0&Ntk=WildcardTitleKeyword
Online orders are a crap shoot for complete case and art, right? Do you know until when the sale is going on?

If you don't have GCU anymore its actually cheaper to buy it direct from the Aksys website. If you preorder they are running a promo where you get 10% off, plus free shipping. I'm guessing they also don't charge sales tax yet so that will save you even more. It puts the final price surprisingly close to what you would pay at Best Buy with GCU.

Online orders are a crap shoot for complete case and art, right? Do you know until when the sale is going on?
Yes, a total crap shoot on getting the original cases, or even the el cheapo black plastic replacement cases with no art that GameStop put games in for a few years for that matter. Would imagine the sale ends very soon, but not checked to see when exactly myself as I am presently lacking the budgetary funds to participate in said sale.

The sale is in-store only, so the selection might be lacking but you can see if it's cib or not. The sale has been going on for the past month, but they just dropped the price on a bunch of games, which is why I brought it up. Sale ends on Sunday (2/10).

I've been 6 for 8 on used vita games bought at Gamestop having original cases and artwork. though obviously results may vary. I bought 6 visual novels, Conception 2 and Lumines. All the visual novels came in their original cases with artwork.

I've been 6 for 8 on used vita games bought at Gamestop having original cases and artwork. though obviously results may vary. I bought 6 visual novels, Conception 2 and Lumines. All the visual novels came in their original cases with artwork.
That's because all those games came in new but no one bought them so they converted them to used.

Just got an update email from Vblank in regards to Shakedown Hawaii physical edition for the Vita, and production is starting soon, with plenty of copies to go around when the time comes. No date and time yet, but that info will be released before the preorders begin, so I'm glad to see this is still coming to the vita, as it looks amazing. This will probably be the best last game for the Vita, and a great title to go out on.

Friday, February 15th (next week), is the official cut-off date by which all R1 and R2 (European) companies must have their games they wish to have physically produced for said regions submitted in to Sony.

Just got an update email from Vblank in regards to Shakedown Hawaii physical edition for the Vita, and production is starting soon, with plenty of copies to go around when the time comes. No date and time yet, but that info will be released before the preorders begin, so I'm glad to see this is still coming to the vita, as it looks amazing. This will probably be the best last game for the Vita, and a great title to go out on.
Has there been any word on when we can start ordering Shakedown Hawaii?

Has there been any word on when we can start ordering Shakedown Hawaii?

Any idea if this 2 for 20 deal on $14.99 games is still going on into next week? Do they have up signs for it instore? Thanks!

bread's done
Back