PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
When I bought my copy (November IIRC) it still worked. I know that's not super recent, but I don't know of any more recent experiences.
Sounds recent enough for me!

On a side note soon after making that post I found my local walmart had Minecraft Vita on sale for $2.50, but I didn't think it was worth the risl. At least with FFX/X-2 one of them is physical, while for whatever weird reason Minecraft Vita is just a case and manual from what I understand.

https://www.jp.playstation.com/psvita/hardware/pch2000za11.html

Heads up: The Japanese page for PS Vita units now says they're being discontinued soon.
giphy.gif

64GB cards are gone from amazon.jp now. Only 3rd Party Sellers. If you want anything vita related without being gouged now would be the time.
i am sure the time was a couple of years ago when they stopped, been holding out for one last release console, hope the play of days console wasnt the last but glad i got one, same with getting a galaxy 3ds last year, if people havent started getting back ups or filling out their collection, its probably too late now, at least game wise u could always stock up on ps cards and just over pay for full price digital

Ghoulboy Limited Edition on sale this week!
10AM ET / 7AM PT / February 14th

[attachment=31802:ghoulboy-limited-edition-584895.16.jpg]

Limited Edition:
- Collector’s Box
- Game Cart/Disc (Region Free)
- Full Color Manual
- Original Soundtrack
- Numbered Certificate

Standard Edition: $24.99
Limited Edition: $34.99
Free shipping available worldwide!

This one looks like fun.

After my 64gb crapped out on me, I can't get myself to purchase another one. It's no wonder why they never brought them to the US market, with the significant amount of failures reported. I've resorted to two 32gbs until I go through with the mod.

Testing my luck with gamestop again:

Ys Memories of Celceta
Mind Zero
MegaTagmension Blanc+Neptune vs Zombies
Norn9

$49 after taxes and Cag16 discount.
I tested my luck with all these: DOA5 plus, Senran Kagura Estival and Versus, Ys Celceta, and Gravity Rush. Only one came in a blue vita box, none of them had the artwork...

I tested my luck with all these: DOA5 plus, Senran Kagura Estival and Versus, Ys Celceta, and Gravity Rush. Only one came in a blue vita box, none of them had the artwork...
Oof. Hope you got a good deal on them atleast. Ive noticed gamestop is probably the cheapest when it comes to buying vita games used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Play-Asia is having trouble sourcing my red Vita from their New Year sale. Wonder if they’re running out of Vitas in all regions now
Sony Japan only lists Black and Blue on their official site now with the only the Black model having a Buy Now button. The Red color went out of production sometime before October.

Yeah it's going to get bad as news sites start to notice.
That is the sole reason I installed h-encore on my Vita. I got a SD2Vita card installed and now have 256gb of storage space for purchased games. Somewhere along the way, I still managed to purchase more games than I have room for!

Eric in Nebraska

I really need to bite the bullet and get a Vita slim. I want one for the collection. I just know that I don't want a plain, colored one, so I'm going to import one from Japan. I'm leaning towards the Dragon Quest Builders Metal Slime bundle, but a mint/new one is quite spendy.

I really need to bite the bullet and get a Vita slim. I want one for the collection. I just know that I don't want a plain, colored one, so I'm going to import one from Japan. I'm leaning towards the Dragon Quest Builders Metal Slime bundle, but a mint/new one is quite spendy.

planning to do the same. the only thing iwant is the slime plug though lol. might get the p4d one instead

Wow, Ghoulboy sold out pretty quick for a Play-Asia release. Looks pretty fun though.

Also, KOF '97 was quite a surprise.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1096147344867946496

Fastest sell-out of a EAS (Play-Asia) Vita release ever! Went on Sale at 10a.m. EST and reportedly sold out just before 2p.m. EST. This was a crazy fast sell out for EAS, whose previous Vita releases have typically taken anywhere from a few days to literal months to actually sell out.

https://twitter.com/playasia/status/1096113262494547968

So, I know remote play has its share of issues (thank you Comcast for being so lame), but I was wondering if anyone has had better success with digital versus physical titles. Thoughts?

So, I know remote play has its share of issues (thank you Comcast for being so lame), but I was wondering if anyone has had better success with digital versus physical titles. Thoughts?
Assuming you mean digital vs. physical PS4 titles, there would be no difference. If you put in a physical disc, it just installs to the HDD (as it would if you buy the digital copy). There might be some improvements with a hard disk drive versus a solid state drive, but usually the issue at play for remote play is network latency rather than PS4 hardware speeds.

Kicking myself for not buying a new Vita right before playasia sold out. Anyone have leads where I can get one now at an un-inflated price?

but usually the issue at play for remote play is network latency rather than PS4 hardware speeds.
This. Having a digital title might slightly improve the loading times, depending on the title in question. But the primary bottleneck for Remote Play is always the network connection. Even the fastest network connection is slower than the internal components of a closed system like the PS4. And even for games where some of the data has to be read from the disc, this rarely effects the game itself. Modern streaming techniques copy data from the disc to the system's RAM before using it in the game. And this is usually done while the game is running in order to minimize loading delays. Some performance advantages could be gained by going the digital over physical route, but they would have no real impact on Remote Play.

I'm just a little disappointed that I have two 1000 models and not one 1000 and one 2000. I know, the second model's screen doesn't look as nice, but the larger start and select buttons, along with the better battery life and lighter weight, are tempting.

I'm just a little disappointed that I have two 1000 models and not one 1000 and one 2000. I know, the second model's screen doesn't look as nice, but the larger start and select buttons, along with the better battery life and lighter weight, are tempting.
at least u have 2 1000's, only have one but the 2000 is nice, the 1000 looks alot better but the 2000 does feel better

I am in the same boat. I am considering selling one of my 1000s to get a new 2000.

Also, My preferred 1000's battery won't hold a charge for very long, so I may need to replace that. Anybody ever done this before?

bread's done
Back