PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
So is Trillion god of destruction worth $0.99? I’m fighting my game hoarding tendencies, doubt I’d even play it.
I thought it would be, but then I saw "Idea Factory" listed as the developer.

oh-shi.gif

Paid off my Penny Punching Princess, Longest Five Minutes, and Lost Child Vita Preorders on Amazon today
For some reason Best Buy shipped my Longest 5 Minutes on Friday but Penny Punching Princess has yet to ship. Hopefully it gets next day shipping tomorrow.

Im on the fence too about Trillion, the fact Idea factory made it is a plus. what's pushing me away is the 3.5 gb install. that's massive.

Also Josekoetez your vita is super dead. I would just start to look to buy a new one already and in the odd chance your old one works I'd trade it into gamestop asap.

Im on the fence too about Trillion, the fact Idea factory made it is a plus. what's pushing me away is the 3.5 gb install. that's massive.

Also Josekoetez your vita is super dead. I would just start to look to buy a new one already and in the odd chance your old one works I'd trade it into gamestop asap.
I had fun with it and paid $5. It's worth it.

I do have several other IF games on PSV and PS4, usually because of flash sales and "Eh, why not?"

It is definitely dead. Aside from the bad karma that would come from trading in a dead system, a GameStop employee would have to be a mouth-breathing moron to take it in for trade without testing it first. And, I would like to buy another one at some point, but when I checked on Amazon, used Vitas were running about $150 to $200 which is out of my price range right now. New ones seem to run about $225 to $250. I bought my Vita when I was working two jobs which I no longer am, so I will have to use my PSTV to play my Vita library for the time being. But, it's still not the same since I can't use it in the car during lunch breaks. I have resorted to using an old PSP Go (remember those?), but it still works and I was able to get in a few rounds of Puzzle Quest today before I had to clock back in.

I don't care what anyone says - handheld game systems should never leave the house.

Here's what I did after my first Vita starting having issues... I bought a second Vita at a pawn shop. Make sure to ask the staff if they'd keep it on a charger for twenty minutes, and then test it out before you purchase it. You've got to know that the screen is okay before it leaves the store, because if any part of an OLED Vita screen is damaged, the whole thing is kaput.

The smaller, less frequented pawns haven't caught on that the system is increasing in value, and chances are you'll find one or two buried behind a glass case, unloved and waiting for a new home. I got my second Vita for around $80 with taxes and a warranty... that was about six months ago.

In the meantime, a PSP Go is a pretty good way to get your gaming fix on the go! Or a PSP 3000. The library of the Vita doesn't excite me that much (oh joy, ANOTHER visual novel!), but the PSP is chockablock with gaming goodness. A PSP Go is a crummy way to play anything but turn-based games, though... they had to sacrifice way too much to squeeze it into that form factor.

All this vita damage/condition talk makes me remember an issue - wordering if anyone has seen this.

My original-gen OLED vita's battery life is nice and rosy after a full charge... until it get's to 50%.  And then it jumps from 50% to zero immediately.  Part of me wonders if I messed it up by playing so much while having it hooked up to a power bank.

In any event, I finally got my platinum to P4G.  Curse you, Hardcore Risette Fan trophy.

In any event, I finally got my platinum to P4G. Curse you, Hardcore Risette Fan trophy.
Every time I see this, I think I should count my blessings or something. I got it organically in (I think) my 2nd playthrough (1st was a bad ending). I didnt even know it was hard to pop until much later. Congrats though!

EDIT: Looking back through True Trophies, I probably reverted a save after my bad end rather than starting from the beginning so technically, I would have gotten all lines the first time through. Yay me?

All this vita damage/condition talk makes me remember an issue - wordering if anyone has seen this.

My original-gen OLED vita's battery life is nice and rosy after a full charge... until it get's to 50%. And then it jumps from 50% to zero immediately. Part of me wonders if I messed it up by playing so much while having it hooked up to a power bank.

In any event, I finally got my platinum to P4G. Curse you, Hardcore Risette Fan trophy.
It's a multi-cell Lithium-Ion battery pack, and chances are at this age that one or more of the cells has failed. Best bet is to replace the battery.

Looks what arrived one day before the official release date. :D/

2019-03-18_1.JPG

So Lost Child is the only game out of the 3 to get CE?

Edit: Lost Child is the only game to get CE

My original-gen OLED vita's battery life is nice and rosy after a full charge... until it get's to 50%. And then it jumps from 50% to zero immediately. Part of me wonders if I messed it up by playing so much while having it hooked up to a power bank.
Mine does this but it feels faster the 50%. I ordered a replacement battery and a toolkit to help replace the battery. Totally worth it if I don't screw it up.

YMMV but my local Walmart had Rayman Origins and some Lego game on sale for $7 each. The cases seemed to be faded a bit from light damage and I already had Rayman so I passed. 

Pretty amazing day for a "dead" system. Came home to find: I Am the Hero and Super Destronaut DX collector's editions from Play Asia, The Lost Child limited edition from NISA, and regular versions of The Lost Child, Penny Punching Princess, and The Longest Five Minutes.

I really didn't know what I was getting into a few years ago when I decided to go for a Vita complete collection haha.

They have nothing on any distributor lists I have seen after the May 28th release. I've heard rumors that they are going direct to consumer, so there is no reason they couldn't do Switch as well.
Nicalis recently announced a new Switch retail release for July - Umihara Kawase Fresh! They also supposedly have physical publishing rights for Ikaruga and Blaster Master Zero (through an ESRB rating). I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to release Switch games through retail and their PS4/Vita stuff through their website. Though Blaster Master Zero would be one heck of a release to start their online store with.

Thoughts on the best games to pick up during the psn sale? I'm definitely in for Mary Skelter. Thinking about grabbing the $.74 games too! The sale prices are the only thing PS+ is good for now.

Well this isn't a mystery anymore.

LRG Vita game #000, the reward for those of us insa, eh I mean hardcore enough to go for a full LRG Vita release collection.

https://twitter.com/MightyCooper/status/1108565683623727104

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklists, and Regions 2, 3, and 4 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2019 -
- 1st Quarter

Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes (March TBA)
War Theatre (March TBA)

- 2nd Quarter
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (April?)

- Release Dates Not Yet Announced
Aban Hawkins & The 1001 Spikes - The Temple of the Dead Mourns the Living (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Book 1: The Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Shakedown Hawaii (TBA)
Super Meat Boy (TBA)
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (TBA)
The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants Edition (March?)
VVVVVV (TBA)
Mystery LRG Title #1 (TBA)
Mystery LRG Title #2 (TBA)
Mystery LRG Title #3 (TBA)
Mystery LRG Title #4 (TBA)
Mystery LRG Title #5 (TBA)
Mystery LRG Title #6 (TBA)
Mystery LRG Title #7 (TBA)
Mystery LRG Title #8 (TBA)
Mystery LRG Title #9 (TBA)
Mystery LRG Title #10 (TBA)
Mystery LRG Title #11 (TBA)
Mystery LRG Title #12 (TBA)
Mystery LRG Title #13 (TBA)

- LRG Reward Game for those who manage to purchase every LRG Vita release. -
Revenge of the Bird King

- Not Announced, but Predicted to Get LRG Physical Releases -
Asdivine Hearts II
Chronus Arc
Metal Slug 3
Revenant Dogma

- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Arcade Distillery -
War Theatre
Limited Production Release - Pre-orders Closed
- $20.00 (+ S&H)
- [URL="https://www.indiegogo.com/pro...tillery-s-final-physical-ps-vita-games#/[/url
- Release Date: March ?, 2019
-
Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes
Limited Production Release - Pre-orders Closed
- $20.00 (+ S&H)
- [URL="https://www.indiegogo.com/pro...tillery-s-final-physical-ps-vita-games#/[/url
- Release Date: March ?, 2019

- Limited Run Games -
 - Nothing Announced

- Aksys Games -
 - Finished

- Atlus -
 - Finished

- Badland Games -
 - Finished

- Gaijin Works -
 - Finished

- Idea Factory -
 - Finished

- Marvelous! / XSeed Games -
 - Finished

- NIS America -
 - Finished

- Rice Digital -
 - Finished

That's a lot of mystery titles yet. I wonder how many of them are going to be worth it. The LRG full set game definitely doesn't seem worth it.

I love Metal Slug, but I really don't need to buy all of Metal Slug 1-7 for $25-35 each.
Metal Slug 3 will most likely be the only game of that series that LRG releases. They are releasing the games the games that Code Mystics ported. Code Mystics has released:

Garou

KOF 97

Last Blade 2

Metal Slug 3

SSV Special

SSV is definitely a consideration for myself as well. I'd probably pass on Metal Slug 3 because I have it in other compilations, and I have Garou and Last Blade 2 on Dreamcast.

I have better ways to play old SNK games and typically I only play them when the nostalgia kicks in (probably every other year).  My days of memorizing moves and strategically planning in fighting games are long gone.

That said, the list of games Code Mystics ported is SOLID.

I wonder how LRG would actually go about enforcing the “must have a copy of Every LRG” title, as I know they stated before you didn’t have to originally buy from them but how could they actually enforce it? Obviously they could pull order #’s but I’ve had to trade or buy a few I missed from traveling. How could they theoretically enforce photo sharing etc?

I wonder how LRG would actually go about enforcing the “must have a copy of Every LRG” title, as I know they stated before you didn’t have to originally buy from them but how could they actually enforce it? Obviously they could pull order #’s but I’ve had to trade or buy a few I missed from traveling. How could they theoretically enforce photo sharing etc?
Yeah, I'm not sure. It's weird because every single person in my extended family has a complete Vita collection, I had to help my grandma in the nursing home take her pictures as proof. Kidding aside, I don't know maybe they could require that a certain percentage of them be purchased from their site. Would have been a lot easier to prove if they were individually numbered.

Well, from what it seemed when first mentioned, you would have to send in photos, and put your name or something in the pics, like is done on Ebay so other sellers don't use your listing pictures. Of course anything can be scammed in this day and age, but for me, I've bought every game from them, except one(Mecho Tales). Of course I could take some pics today, sell them all tomorrow, and who's to say I still have them all at the time of proof? I would guess a group photo of each game in frame would be required, but who knows?

I believe this will make the Vita the best system for those with Nurse fetishes.

https://twitter.com/DegicaGames/status/1111343645196734468

Just a heads-up to anyone still looking for a new Vita. I had been checking Amazon JP for the past week several times a day to see if the Minecraft Vita bundle (sold by Amazon JP and shipping to the USA) would drop in price. This afternoon it dropped to $147 for a brief period, so I ordered a couple as backups for around $320 shipped. Just ordering one would have been $162 shipped. Not sure if they will drop in price again, but when an Amazon seller puts a new one up for below 21,000 Yen it seems like Amazon's price automatically starts dropping from what I have been able to see over the past month.

Every time I check Amazon JP for a Vita, it says it will not ship to my selected location (which is my home) even if I just have the location as United States. I must be doing something wrong?

Every time I check Amazon JP for a Vita, it says it will not ship to my selected location (which is my home) even if I just have the location as United States. I must be doing something wrong?
The only Vita I've seen shipped and sold by Amazon JP in recent weeks is the Minecraft bundle. Click on all sellers and you will see the one sold and shipped by Amazon JP. It is up to 23802 yen plus shipping right now. That one will def ship to the USA. Keep an eye on it, as it has fluctuated in price, and the one I got earlier today for $147 plus shipping per bundle.

The only Vita I've seen shipped and sold by Amazon JP in recent weeks is the Minecraft bundle. Click on all sellers and you will see the one sold and shipped by Amazon JP. It is up to 23802 yen plus shipping right now. That one will def ship to the USA. Keep an eye on it, as it has fluctuated in price, and the one I got earlier today for $147 plus shipping per bundle.
right now i see it at $222.32 shipped

I'll have to scour the listings. Thanks!

found that out years ago trying to buy some stuff and had to use a middle man service, was worth it since the items were rare but i always look for shipped by amazon to save some money, wish they didnt dumb up their search for international shipping option, used to show alot more, also since i just got my recent purchase of vitas games from their, musta go lucky or it used to be a new copy but dream club c best of i bought used still had the unused preorder code in it for the nurse outfit,

Has anyone else gotten Vita games in damaged cases when ordering from Gamestop? I've had 6 now that arrived damaged within the last month or two. Pieces broken off the case and big cracks in the material. Only with generic cases, and only with Vita games.

I know I could get them swapped for better cases at the store, but it's bizarre to me. Had a package of 7 games arrived today and 6 were in smashed cases.

Has anyone else gotten Vita games in damaged cases when ordering from Gamestop? I've had 6 now that arrived damaged within the last month or two. Pieces broken off the case and big cracks in the material. Only with generic cases, and only with Vita games.

I know I could get them swapped for better cases at the store, but it's bizarre to me. Had a package of 7 games arrived today and 6 were in smashed cases.
Any used Vita games from Gamestop usually arrive in pretty bad condition. I got cart-only a majority of the time, but damaged cases weren't uncommon either (and they were almost always generic cases on top of that).

At the end of the day it's all luck-of-the-draw, but in general poor condition isn't uncommon at all.

bread's done
Back