PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Retro City Rampage DX has had another print run of 3000 copies. It’ll be 29.99 and available on the 24th at 1PM Eastern directly from vblank. I haven’t looked at prices lately but last time I checked It was a pretty pricy game. So a good deal for those still collecting that missed out.
Yeah, prices have come down a lot from a few years back, but have still been over retail, so for those who missed out, this will be a Godsend I'm sure.

It's going to be a variant, likely version on the cart maybe be different as well in some way, updating, patching whatever, as the original release was not ESRB rated but this re-release is, meaning they had to add the ESRB rating to the game code.

So new cover art, new cart art, and changes to the game itself.

It's going to be a variant, likely version on the cart maybe be different as well in some way, updating, patching whatever, as the original release was not ESRB rated but this re-release is, meaning they had to add the ESRB rating to the game code.

So new cover art, new cart art, and changes to the game itself.
Maybe a new trophy list with a platinum added...? :pray:

(...But probably not.)

879b94a81abb5101b2886cb79c100fdb.jpg

He did something similar for the second printing on PS4 IIRC. Different artwork, same content
And don't forget the cool PSP mock-up with case and manual that was offered with that release as well. So even though this guy has gone to the well more times than humanly possible(there's tons of releases for this same game), he has made each release unique in a cool way, and still helps meet demand. Truly a guy who gets his audience, and collector's alike, and makes the good call each time. I can't wait for Showdown, it looks crazy cool, and while I have stopped Vita collecting(all but LRG), I still may buy the physical, just because......why not?

Live and order submitted for 1 copy! 

Super excited to have another game where I will not have to refresh my PSN Plus activation on a game!!! (I typically put my vita into airplane mode and it will try to renew the license if expired etc). 

Thanks got it as well. Please when Shakedown goes pre-order too post here. I have a bit too much on my mind nowadays so I forget about these things.

Thanks got it as well. Please when Shakedown goes pre-order too post here. I have a bit too much on my mind nowadays so I forget about these things.
Use your calendar to set reminders for yourself. I do that for release dates, time specific releases, etc. Then just set it to remind you 5 minutes beforehand. It takes all of the guess work out, and it frees you up to think about / remember other things.

Seems like a good sale... but shipping seems really steep. I'm seeing $15 shipping for one smaller CE an a Vita game. That seems excessive; anyone have any tips on reducing shipping cost and/or a free shipping code? In my case, the shipping cost adds 30% to my total.
Free shipping for $75+ orders is all I see.

Just a reminder that physical Shakedown Hawaii goes up for preorder later today at VBlank.  I believe I heard it would be on sale at 1pm EDT (someone correct me if I am wrong please).

Just a reminder that physical Shakedown Hawaii goes up for preorder later today at VBlank. I believe I heard it would be on sale at 1pm EDT (someone correct me if I am wrong please).
You are correct.

https://www.vblank.com/ShakedownHawaii/

Pre-Orders for the PS Vita physical edition will open on May 3rd at 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern. It's limited to 4,800 units and will be available for $29.99

A fascinating discovery was made in the late afternoon today purely by happenstance. On a Discord chat server, and clicked on the Buy/Sell/Trade channel out of boredom, as I have that channel muted. And there was a active back-and-forth going with one fellow selling off one of his two copies of Killzone: Mercenary. But then he states the backs are different, posts a rather crappy picture of the backside of the two copies side by side, and asks the guy he's making the trade or whatever with which copy he'd prefer. I'm looking and thinking initially it's the U.S.A. and the Canadian market cover variants, but even in the blurry crap image I can see something not right, no French. So I hop into the convo and asking the guy with the two games, hey, can you can firm if (and I copy and paste in the UPC codes for both the Canadian and U.S.A. variants) these UPC match those two copies of the game you have. And he responds, no, they both have, and he indicates the U.S.A. cover UPC code. So this spun into a frenzy of research and questions. Which all lead to finding out, there are indeed two different cover, that only differ on the backside of the case from each other.

So to be clear, this has flown under the radar for literally years, because it's only the back cover that is different. For the record I just saved these pictures off of Ebay to expedite time.

This is what the back of the original (first printing) of the game looks like.:
killzone_1initial.jpg

And this is what the back cover of the "second printing" looks like.:
killzone_2rerelease.jpg

ESRB Ratings box is different, but, most notably, the background image used in the upper half is completely different.

Actually we talked about this in January of 2018 in this thread, but I could not get the images to post. The spines are slightly different as well with the orange color of the lower image spilling on to the spine. The "orange" copy I have was a promo from Sony's retail loyalty program so I would suspect that was the original print.

I took the picture, but I cannot seem to get the image to post (and I do not have an easy way to create a URL). The front is almost the same on both, until you get to the spine then one transitions to a dark background on the back and the other to an orangish background with different characters. Check a few ebay listings and I am sure you will find them. It is not a reversible cover.

The last game I do not have is Code Realize Guardian of Rebirth until all of the new Limited Run Releases hit later in the month, but I grab those on release day. It looks like Velocity 2x was delayed. My plan was to engineer that game being the final game I buy to complete the set. (Seems like a much better last game). It also sounds like there are a few more non LRG physical releases that will hit this year so I will not really be done.
The funny thing is I am still one game short of a complete set (the new code realize game).

New homebrew exploit is out for firmware 3.70.  After setting up my PSTV to use a 256 GB SD card for Vita games + a 256 GB USB stick for PS1/PSP games (along with other nice features like whitelisting all Vita games to run on PSTV), it's hard to go back.  I plan to update my Vita and spare PSTV.

Being able to browse through the Vita file system is pretty eye opening.  The tiny Vita memory cards are made even worse when you see that the patch data for many games is simply an entire second copy of the game (Vita does not delete redundant files, but you can do it manually with homebrew).  I had one game that included unused video files for the PS4 version of the game - deleting them cut the size of the game in half.

This is great as I picked up two pstv for $30 each back in March, and they were both on 3.70.

I'm using one now for legit PSN purchases that I share saves over PSN. I intended to use the other for ps1 and NES/SNES emulation, but was holding out for this.

Thanks for the update.

New homebrew exploit is out for firmware 3.70. After setting up my PSTV to use a 256 GB SD card for Vita games + a 256 GB USB stick for PS1/PSP games (along with other nice features like whitelisting all Vita games to run on PSTV), it's hard to go back. I plan to update my Vita and spare PSTV.

Being able to browse through the Vita file system is pretty eye opening. The tiny Vita memory cards are made even worse when you see that the patch data for many games is simply an entire second copy of the game (Vita does not delete redundant files, but you can do it manually with homebrew). I had one game that included unused video files for the PS4 version of the game - deleting them cut the size of the game in half.
If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to apply "trinity"? I had actually saw early this morning the exploit was out, and I planned to apply it ASAP, but I got busy with other matters. So now I'm trying to plot my course so to speak, as I'll probably try to do it tomorrow night if time permits. So just trying to gauge how much time I need free for the task at hand. LOL

Actually we talked about this in January of 2018 in this thread, but I could not get the images to post. The spines are slightly different as well with the orange color of the lower image spilling on to the spine. The "orange" copy I have was a promo from Sony's retail loyalty program so I would suspect that was the original print.
Really!? Why was I oblivious to this?

Likewise, the latest Code;Realize is the only R1 game I'm missing presently as well. Everything else is either here or on pre-order. Kinda glad this is all coming a end this year (for R1 at least) as it's a struggle to come up with the money buy the new limited production releases when you're unemployed.

Play-Asia's having a sale right now. They don't have a ton of Vita stuff left, but I checked a few of the last items off my wishlist. I picked up the English subbed versions of Super Robot Wars V and X for $45.99 and $46.99 respectively. Also, I nabbed Reverie for $24.99. Coupon codes worked on top of the sale prices for both of my orders. They've got Gundam Breaker 3: Break Edition down to $39.99 too, which is the lowest I've seen it.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to apply "trinity"? I had actually saw early this morning the exploit was out, and I planned to apply it ASAP, but I got busy with other matters. So now I'm trying to plot my course so to speak, as I'll probably try to do it tomorrow night if time permits. So just trying to gauge how much time I need free for the task at hand. LOL
It took me about an hour total today to get a PSTV on 3.70 firmware hacked and down to 3.65. Followed TechJames YouTube video to get Trinity and vitashell running (easy to follow video) and already knew how to use modoru to downgrade from there.

bread's done
Back