PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to apply "trinity"? I had actually saw early this morning the exploit was out, and I planned to apply it ASAP, but I got busy with other matters. So now I'm trying to plot my course so to speak, as I'll probably try to do it tomorrow night if time permits. So just trying to gauge how much time I need free for the task at hand. LOL
Not very long. There's several guides available that are pretty thorough. The main thing is to have a PSP/mini game (or demo) downloaded that you can copy to your PC to modify. QCMA was being finicky for me (had to use wifi to get Vita/PSTVs talking to it, LAN and USB didn't work).

So is the point of Trinity just to downgrade? I'm on 3.68 with h-encore and I wanted to go to 3.70 with CFW (lite or otherwise) but it seems the Trinity page says to downgrade ASAP before it gets disabled...

Really!? Why was I oblivious to this?

Likewise, the latest Code;Realize is the only R1 game I'm missing presently as well. Everything else is either here or on pre-order. Kinda glad this is all coming a end this year (for R1 at least) as it's a struggle to come up with the money buy the new limited production releases when you're unemployed.
I think we were also talking about Canadian variant covers at the same time. I probably did not make it super clear that there was no French and not a Canadian variant of Killzone I was talking about (or is it aboot?)

Those are some awesome prices indeed. Picked up pretty much every Aksys game I don't already own yet, and easily hit the free shipping threshold.
Took advantage of the sale to load up on PS4 and PS3 games I don't already own. Already have all their Vita stuff. Aksys continues to impress me with their excellent packaging and speed of shipping. Always get some freebies when I order from them. Got a couple soundtracks thrown in this time. They do things right.

It took me about an hour total today to get a PSTV on 3.70 firmware hacked and down to 3.65. Followed TechJames YouTube video to get Trinity and vitashell running (easy to follow video) and already knew how to use modoru to downgrade from there.
Yep, I already used TechJames page to get my Vita ready, and I was planning to use his tutorial as well for Trinity install.

Not very long. There's several guides available that are pretty thorough. The main thing is to have a PSP/mini game (or demo) downloaded that you can copy to your PC to modify. QCMA was being finicky for me (had to use wifi to get Vita/PSTVs talking to it, LAN and USB didn't work).
Yeah, my Vita never played nice with my PC, but when I was getting it ready a few weeks ago, it seemed to be working properly now. I did have to reinstall my OS years ago, due to an HDD crash, so that may have fixed the issues I was having, or the programs updated to fix the problems. No real way to tell at this point, but I'm hoping I don't encounter issues installing Trinity(but I'll know soon enough).

So is the point of Trinity just to downgrade? I'm on 3.68 with h-encore and I wanted to go to 3.70 with CFW (lite or otherwise) but it seems the Trinity page says to downgrade ASAP before it gets disabled...
No, Trinity is mostly to Jailbreak current units on 3.69/3.70 and then from there, you can do what you feel is best, as now your system is "open" so to speak. Lower FW offer things that newer ones can't, and that is why some downgrade. I plan to do it, and my reason is to make the hack permanent, and not have to be activated with each use. I would guess that's the reason for most currently, but it may be for other reasons.

I actually plan to try to get mine done this morning, so I can downgrade and hopefully be done, then off to discover the wonderful new world of all things open Vita. LOL

If you're on 3.68 with h-encore already there's no benefit to updating to 3.70 and Trinity. What made you think 3.70 and Trinity was better? I was at 3.70 and did Trinity then downgraded to 3.65 with Enso. It's great being able to play the PS1 crash games through adrenaline since they won't let you download them to the Vita in the US for some reason.

For those who missed out on Retro City Rampage DX or Shakedown Hawaii from Vblank, VGP has both in limited qty's. They both say backordered, but will allow for check out, so no telling if these are sold out or not. I got the email from VGP about an hour ago, so act accordingly. Also, use Paypal if possible, as VGP had some credit card issues in the past, but is a solid operation.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/vblank-vblank-c-45_1077_1078.html

EDIT: Limit to one per customer as well.

If you're on 3.68 with h-encore already there's no benefit to updating to 3.70 and Trinity. What made you think 3.70 and Trinity was better? I was at 3.70 and did Trinity then downgraded to 3.65 with Enso. It's great being able to play the PS1 crash games through adrenaline since they won't let you download them to the Vita in the US for some reason.
I guess I thought Trinity was an exploit to get h-encore (or similar) onto FW 3.70... but since it's not, I'll stick with 3.68. I don't mind having to activate h-encore each time.

For those who missed out on Retro City Rampage DX or Shakedown Hawaii from Vblank, VGP has both in limited qty's. They both say backordered, but will allow for check out, so no telling if these are sold out or not. I got the email from VGP about an hour ago, so act accordingly. Also, use Paypal if possible, as VGP had some credit card issues in the past, but is a solid operation.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/vblank-vblank-c-45_1077_1078.html

EDIT: Limit to one per customer as well.
Thank you so much! I thought this released on the 4th for some reason and totally missed it, you're a life saver!

Well, I'm back with a quick Trinity update, as all went well yesterday, as it installed fine with no issues. This morning I went through the process of downgrading to 3.65 which also went well, but now I have to start over from the start, as to permanently apply hack. Whats great is that once I downgraded, it kept all my apps, settings, themes, ect., as I assumed I would end up back to basics.

EDIT: Now officially done, and I'm on 3.65 and no longer need run the exploit at boot-up. Damn, that all took a minute due to having to go around in a circle of sorts, but now I can relax. As anytime I do one of these, there is always a sense of worry & dread until it's complete.

Aksys continues to impress me with their excellent packaging and speed of shipping. Always get some freebies when I order from them. Got a couple soundtracks thrown in this time. They do things right.
Just curious what your shipping speed was from them? I ordered on the 3rd and nothing has shipped yet.

Edit: One hour after posting this and they finally shipped.

Well, I'm back with a quick Trinity update, as all went well yesterday, as it installed fine with no issues. This morning I went through the process of downgrading to 3.65 which also went well, but now I have to start over from the start, as to permanently apply hack.
I'm pretty bummed that Trinity only enables downgrading (for now). I have a few games (e.g. Rabi Ribi) that require 3.69 to run and from what I can tell, there isn't a patch available for it to run on lower firmwares. It's obscure enough that I don't anticipate one appearing soon.

I'm pretty bummed that Trinity only enables downgrading (for now). I have a few games (e.g. Rabi Ribi) that require 3.69 to run and from what I can tell, there isn't a patch available for it to run on lower firmwares. It's obscure enough that I don't anticipate one appearing soon.
Just install the ref00d plugin and you can play any game regardless of what firmware it needs to run.

Yeah, the ref00d plugin lets you run anything on 3.60/Enso with no patches.

Couple other fun things you can do with jailbreak:

1) Permanently remove the stupid featured page from PSTV

2) Use registry editor to enable full color/RGB range on Vita.  This makes a pretty big difference on slim models.

Just install the ref00d plugin and you can play any game regardless of what firmware it needs to run.
Yeah, I had thought as much, but my knowledge of Vita homebrew is a few days old, so didn't want to give bogus info, having just learned most of this myself.

2) Use registry editor to enable full color/RGB range on Vita. This makes a pretty big difference on slim models.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to look in to this, as the display on my slim is great, but nowhere nears as good as the OLED was. Anything I can use to maybe give my 2000 a boost would be more than welcome. It's always crazy to see what all these systems can do once opened, as the community always goes above and beyond. I can only imagine how much cool stuff has been added to the NS at this point, as "N" delivered one of the most basic systems ever in regards to basic features.

So is there a decent walkthrough for how to jailbreak a vita (Jailbreak for Dummies)? I see lots of different information, but don't know what to follow. I've never done something like this to any console before, but I have a second vita slim with a janky thumbstick that I could repair and jailbreak.

So is there a decent walkthrough for how to jailbreak a vita (Jailbreak for Dummies)? I see lots of different information, but don't know what to follow. I've never done something like this to any console before, but I have a second vita slim with a janky thumbstick that I could repair and jailbreak.
As stated above, "tech james" on YT does pretty good videos, and he just released a new one today with a faster way to install Trinity. But, if your on earlier FW, you can use other methods, many of which may be better. Things also depend on what you want for your end results, as Trinity will get you started(and end if your happy there), but you need to get to lower FW to do certain things.

Well, I hope everyone who missed out on Retro City Rampage or Shakedown was able to grab a copy from VGP, as they are now sold out of both games. I have no idea how long they lasted, or how many they had, so congrats to those who got a copy.

I'd like to know how to do this. I've gotten distinctly sick of having Metal Slug 3 pushed in my face every time I turn on my system. I don't CARE. I own the game on two different collections already. Exactly how many more times do I have to buy it?

The newest Code Realize dropped to $19.99 at GameStop. I scored a legendary rare sealed new new copy since my GameStop no longer puts Vita stuff on the floor and no longer guts them for display. I am back to a full NA Vita set again. Never would have gone down this rabbit hole two years ago if I knew how many releases were still to come. I think limited run has 16 more and Nicalis has 3 more. I am sure someone else will sneak something in, but I think the other announced stuff is now R3 (Arcade Distillery) and the VN that was a kickstarter (forgetting the name).

The newest Code Realize dropped to $19.99 at GameStop. I scored a legendary rare sealed new new copy since my GameStop no longer puts Vita stuff on the floor and no longer guts them for display. I am back to a full NA Vita set again. Never would have gone down this rabbit hole two years ago if I knew how many releases were still to come. I think limited run has 16 more and Nicalis has 3 more. I am sure someone else will sneak something in, but I think the other announced stuff is now R3 (Arcade Distillery) and the VN that was a kickstarter (forgetting the name).
Yeah, the limited game companies really took all the fun out of Vita collecting for me. Almost glad the end is in sight finally, it's a pain keeping up with all of the different companies to maintain a full set.

The VN is Sharin no Kuni I believe, and all of Play-Asia's exclusives are R3 as well. Don't know how many more they have coming.

I got my copy of Shakedown Hawaii. A bit of a minimalist package, but then there's never been much room in those Vita cases. And it's good to have the second VBlank title on cartridge.

Yeah, the limited game companies really took all the fun out of Vita collecting for me. Almost glad the end is in sight finally, it's a pain keeping up with all of the different companies to maintain a full set.
Right? I feel kinda bad for anyone going for a full Switch collection. Although, at least they know ahead of time what they are getting into.
Plus you never know when another Poop Slinger moment will happen. At least nothing like that happened with the Vita.

Easy passes for me.

I was never going for a complete Vita collection, I only ever collect what I like and intend to play (though I have a complete NGPC collection and then some), but it does get exhausting keeping track of all these releases/announcements. I will be glad when games are stopped being produced.

I am ready for the production of games to end too myself. Back in 1995 looks like a weird Alone in the Dark and early Resident Evil throwback. Not the greatest Steam reviews. The other looks similar to the first which I haven't played yet. Easy passes. 

Looks like the new Play-Asia Vita LEs are only $34.99 each instead of $39.99 each according to the original email they sent. 

Remember to use one of the various $3 off coupons (MYPSVITA, etc) and order separately to get each for $31.99 with free shipping.

Wow the 1995 game went in about an hour.  I had it in my cart while browsing their other items and it was gone!  It's probably for the best because I had added several other items to the cart but now I'm not going to buy anything.  

I only had funds enough to buy one game, so ended up buying 1995. Might regret that later, but that was going with my gut and buying the game I thought I might enjoy playing more... even though I already own Devious Dungeon (original), oh well.

The gameplay in the trailer for Back in 1995 just didn't look that good to me....but I'm sure I'll regret missing out on it later lol
I'm not even sure I was looking at the right gameplay shots, but if I was, then I made the right decision passing. Even if it was intentional for the game to look this way, that aesthetic just does not look or age well.

my order of shakedown Hawaii was, what I can only assume, delivered to the wrong address. Tracking says delivered, but nothing here. The postal worker who delievered my mail didn't have anything either.

Emailed Vblank, but pretty sure I'm screwed at this point since their site says they don't take any responsibility for orders after it has been delivered.

my order of shakedown Hawaii was, what I can only assume, delivered to the wrong address. Tracking says delivered, but nothing here. The postal worker who delievered my mail didn't have anything either.

Emailed Vblank, but pretty sure I'm screwed at this point since their site says they don't take any responsibility for orders after it has been delivered.
Normally places hold inventory for losses and damages the same as LRG does, so it all comes down to if they decided USPS is at fault or not. Most places will take your word on a situation like this, and then issue a replacement, so for now, all you can do is wait and see what Vblank says on the subject.

itzd4n may also want to consider how they paid. Some credit cards offer some sort of protection for this kind of thing, and if you paid PayPal you always have the option to fight it. I would use those as last resorts.

Normally places hold inventory for losses and damages the same as LRG does, so it all comes down to if they decided USPS is at fault or not. Most places will take your word on a situation like this, and then issue a replacement, so for now, all you can do is wait and see what Vblank says on the subject.
I'm familiar with that for places like Lrg or SRG, but Vblank is not that type of company though so not sure how they handle instances like this.

@Renzler - I used CC and tracking shows delivery though. I have video surveillance that says otherwise, but that's a whole nother if they'll even accept or look at it issue. Just gonna wait til Monday and see how this plays out.

I suspect it might have been delivered to my next door neighbor so I've asked, but the whole family that lives there are fucking assholes with no shred of common decency. I'm talking casually yelling at 3am for no reason and acting like it's normal or being vindictive and scratching my car (which is why I had to get cameras in the first place). If they have it, I highly doubt they would give it back or be honest about it.

I'm familiar with that for places like Lrg or SRG, but Vblank is not that type of company though so not sure how they handle instances like this.

@Renzler - I used CC and tracking shows delivery though. I have video surveillance that says otherwise, but that's a whole nother if they'll even accept or look at it issue. Just gonna wait til Monday and see how this plays out.

I suspect it might have been delivered to my next door neighbor so I've asked, but the whole family that lives there are fucking assholes with no shred of common decency. I'm talking casually yelling at 3am for no reason and acting like it's normal or being vindictive and scratching my car (which is why I had to get cameras in the first place). If they have it, I highly doubt they would give it back or be honest about it.
Yeah, when the shipping service shows delivered, that's a hard one to fight, but it can be done, it just requires more work and effort. Even when LRG won't send a replacement, they will often times at least allow the buyer to re-buy, so fingers crossed Vblank will offer something similar.

I feel your pain on the neighbor situation, as the way my community is designed, it makes wrong deliveries the norm, and I've lost some really good stuff over the years because of this. But I've also had just as much stuff returned by good people as well, if not more then the thief's, so it's all good I guess.

On a side note, I finally got my sd card adapter set up on my newly "opened" Vita, and I have to say that option is worth the price of admission alone. LOL

While I've always despised those Sony memory cards on principle alone, they where a required evil. My biggest issue was the small sizes they offered, and for what could be an all digital age for some users. And between high prices, failure rates, ect, I've just not been interested in having more than my one 64gb card. I probably would have paid $150-200 for a 128gb card if had had ever been offered, just to have space for all my digital titles. And I had a rather large physical collection, and still didn't have enough room, so I'm beyond happy to have enough space for probably everything I want and room to spare.

Can you still access the stuff you bought from the playstation store after the mod? Or do you have to go find it from somewhere else?
Grabbed an extra vita from a pawnshop for $35 with the idea of playing Phantasy Star on a better screen, but it might be easier to just plug my psp into a TV to play the UMD.
I also grabbed an SD adapter in case I am ever in a position where my memory cards start to fail.

Can you still access the stuff you bought from the playstation store after the mod? Or do you have to go find it from somewhere else?
Grabbed an extra vita from a pawnshop for $35 with the idea of playing Phantasy Star on a better screen, but it might be easier to just plug my psp into a TV to play the UMD.
I also grabbed an SD adapter in case I am ever in a position where my memory cards start to fail.
This is my first go round with the Vita in regards to CFW, so what I'm gonna state is from my very small experience in this area. Yeah, my menus, games and everything are pretty much as they where before. I didn't lose anything, so I didn't need to re-download anything, but I have gone to PSN, and it seems fine. This seems to work way different to the 3DS, as if you access the e-shop, you can lose games that didn't come from there if using a hacked 3DS and you could get banned.

I used my main PSN account to set this up, and trophies, and updates, etc all seem to work like before. This is why I always wait until the end of a system before I "open" it, because I expect to lose things, and since it's opened, I just get the games from wherever if need be(legal means or not). So if you just want to add some of the cool features, but still operate on the light side of the force(so to speak), you can, or so it seems.

I set up a 400gb micro sd card, and right out the gate, only 366 was usable, and after transferring my 64gb Sony card, I'm at about 300gb ready to go. So my plan is to convert over my physical games to digital, them I'm gonna add my PSP & PS1 collections, for an all-in-one Sony super machine. LOL Then from there, whatever is left, I'll probably set up some emulation and I'll add as many retro options as I have space left for.

bread's done
Back