PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an unopened 32 GB Vita card that I was hanging onto for a backup.  Sold it for more than a new 400 GB SD card cost me.  Gotta love proprietary memory sticks.

you can still access and play your legally bought stuff on psn, but if you play any "downloaded" stuff online or get trophies from a "downloaded" game expect to get banned in a few days or weeks permanently.
I also wouldn't be online while playing those "downloaded" games for all to see needlessly ya know, just in case.

you can still access and play your legally bought stuff on psn, but if you play any "downloaded" stuff online or get trophies from a "downloaded" game expect to get banned in a few days or weeks permanently.
I also wouldn't be online while playing those "downloaded" games for all to see needlessly ya know, just in case.
Yeah, this is good info in general whenever you "open" any device, as anything is possible and at anytime. That's why I personally opt to do it once a system has been declared "dead", or at least on life support, as it's often not really a concern for the powers that be by that point. Blocking updates, masking online usage etc, are always good rules of thumb. So for me, even if I'm blocked for some reason, I'm done using said system in any official capacity anyways, so for me, it's not an issue. But for those who want to remain "active", caution is always best, and looking up what can happen before hand should also be required reading.

So for me, even if I'm blocked for some reason, I'm done using said system in any official capacity anyways, so for me, it's not an issue.
Wouldn't being banned because of your Vita being detected as opened also affect your other systems like PS4 since they use the same PSN account?

I would really like to open my Vita so I could use a memory card adapter and finally be able to fit all my digital games, but I feel like that would be risking more than just my Vita's access to purchased content.

Yea, I'd tread cautiously there. If they decide to ban you, you won't just lose access with your Vita.

Steam bans your whole account, Amazon kills your access to your Kindle purchases when you get banned at Amazon, and PSN bans you from the entire network when you do chargebacks.

I took my 1000 offline and replaced my online ones with new Vitas (not that I've done anything since ~3.60).

Wouldn't being banned because of your Vita being detected as opened also affect your other systems like PS4 since they use the same PSN account?

I would really like to open my Vita so I could use a memory card adapter and finally be able to fit all my digital games, but I feel like that would be risking more than just my Vita's access to purchased content.
Yeah, that's a legit and valid concern no question, and why no one should ever enter in to the CFW community until they know all the risk and issues that can and will happen. As for me, I don't own a PS4 and have no plans to buy one anytime soon, but if I ever got banned for some reason, I would just open a new PSN account. It's not like my past library could be played on the PS4 anyways, so that's why I'm not concerned one way or the other.

I still have my PSP, but I never used that online to begin with and my PS3 is in a similar situation, as I don't pay for online services. Like I said, this is why I normally only open a device when it's pretty much over, as at that point, I don't need to worry about using standard features or services anymore. I also do tons of research to lower my chances of any issues, but since I don't really need to maintain PSN access, I haven't done my due diligence in regards to my Vita.

As of now, I no longer have access to the PS Mobile titles I spent hard earned money on years ago, but I could access them with my opened Vita. So for me to worry about having access to PSN is moot, as once Sony decides to pull the plug, it won't matter one way or another.

Yeah, always be careful when using modded systems with your primary account.

That said, bans from using homebrew on Vita have been unheard of up to this point.  If would be pretty funny if Sony started caring about Vita now after it's dead.

I've mostly heard of alleged vita account banning over trophy tampering especially since they introduced that reward system that gives you psn money for getting trophies.

Plenty of people play "downloaded" games online and synch trophies for those games as well just fine. The only vita bans that have happened are from hacking trophies and playing unreleased games. The risk is still there, but it's been about 3 years since people have hacked their Vita's and so far no one has been banned except for what I stated. The 2 things I tell people are go airplane mode using any hack apps so PSN doesn't broadcast the app you're on. Then if you're getting "downloaded" games make sure there was a physical release for it. I don't think PSN can tell whether it's a physical cart or downloaded game.

I literally only jailbroke my PSTV so I could play all carts I own on it instead of just some. If they ever ban me over that I would be annoyed.
The cart restriction on PSTV is out of control. I was recently trying to play a multi-platform game that originally came from Steam - no need for camera, touch surfaces, microphone, etc. Not compatible… grr.

I would have preferred that games indicate their capabilities and restrictions be based on than whatever system they have in place. I can imagine some developers thinking they can double dip on Vita and PS4 if they don't allow PSTV support, but the number of PSTV users in the world is minuscule, and preventing it garners bad-will. And maybe it's not that simple and there is some other reason for not enabling it.

What we really need to see is an upgraded/revised Vita platform. Unfortunately, this is extremely unlikely. Sony took a questionable approach with the original Vita. All of the bells and whistles hamstrung the platform with a price tag that couldn't be lowered quickly enough. Combine that with the terrible idea to use proprietary memory and the increasingly competitive nature of the mobile game space, and the Vita was practically dead on arrival.

With current technology, pretty much all of these issues could be addressed with a new Vita platform. Make it marginally more powerful than the Nintendo Switch, use either an ARM or x86 chip in it. Strip out all but the most essential features for basic gameplay. Ship one model without any controls, and one model with a split-style PS4 controller. Make it so that you can pair it with a Dualshock 4 out of the box. Make it extremely easy to port ALL OF THE INDIE games to it. Allow users to play their digitally-purchased PS1, PSP, and PS Vita games on it. Use micro-SD cards for storage. Sell a dock separately for displaying it on a TV. Done. Now you have a Switch-equivalent portable platform that can be sold for as little as possible, with lots of accessories that can be sold for a hefty markup, and will actively push digital purchases. If you want to be REALLY bold, just eliminate physical games entirely, and make the whole thing digital-only.

The cart restriction on PSTV is out of control. I was recently trying to play a multi-platform game that originally came from Steam - no need for camera, touch surfaces, microphone, etc. Not compatible… grr.

I would have preferred that games indicate their capabilities and restrictions be based on than whatever system they have in place. I can imagine some developers thinking they can double dip on Vita and PS4 if they don't allow PSTV support, but the number of PSTV users in the world is minuscule, and preventing it garners bad-will. And maybe it's not that simple and there is some other reason for not enabling it.
Supposedly it costs more to include PSTV compatibility. How much? I wasn't able to find that out and it may be BS that it cost more to include PSTV compatibility. Coding wise, it's just a matter of getting sony to whitelist the game. Some games like Y's MoC ended up getting whitelisted without and update and work. There may be an option of a checkbox that needs ticked when compiling a game, but that's I think a way to build in the PSTV compatibility outside of the whitelist. Supposedly there's no actual coding difference unless the game uses the camera or a function the PSTV doesn't replicate well enough for the specific game.

Oh boy, LRG's most expensive Vita Collector's Edition ever goes on sale next week Friday, along with a game that was a poorly kept secret thanks to ESRB.

london_tweet_psv.JPG

the_house_tweet_psv.JPG

the_house_ce_tweet_psv.JPG

Getting both standard editions. That LE is super expensive but the music is excellent. It has this weird singing in it. It's hard to explain but it's very original.

Getting both standard editions. That LE is super expensive but the music is excellent. It has this weird singing in it. It's hard to explain but it's very original.
I'm going to go for the LE. A 6 disc soundtrack is kind of insane (in a good way). At least its not forced vinyl again as that would have made it an easy pass (not to mention, more expensive).

Hey Tweeg, is there anyone besides LRG and Nicalis releasing R1 Vita games anymore? It looks like the end is finally in site (though LRG will milk it through the end of the year most likely and Nicalis haven't even officially announced when their last titles will go on sale).

I'm going to go for the LE. A 6 disc soundtrack is kind of insane (in a good way). At least its not forced vinyl again as that would have made it an easy pass (not to mention, more expensive).

Hey Tweeg, is there anyone besides LRG and Nicalis releasing R1 Vita games anymore? It looks like the end is finally in site (though LRG will milk it through the end of the year most likely and Nicalis haven't even officially announced when their last titles will go on sale).
There was speculation that SRG (Special Reserve Games) may have a Vita game, but it seems highly unlikely at this point.

Nicalis has at minimum the two games coming, eventually. Speculated they'll formally announce sale dates for those E3 week. Still unknown if it's only those two games, or if possibly a third game (The Binding of Isaac) is also coming out physically from them.

LRG Will be having their pre-E3 press video soon to disclose what the remaining Vita games are they will be offering in the coming months.

What ever happen to Battle Princess Madelyn, I thought it was getting a physical release on the Vita?
Only the PS4 was ever announced I believe in regards to the Sony systems, but I don't think they ever said 100% it would happen. Although at one point on LRG coming soon page, it did show "PS4/Vita" as the systems it was coming for, so I always thought it was planned, but maybe fell through?

Only the PS4 was ever announced I believe in regards to the Sony systems, but I don't think they ever said 100% it would happen. Although at one point on LRG coming soon page, it did show "PS4/Vita" as the systems it was coming for, so I always thought it was planned, but maybe fell through?
Yes, it fell through. The one guy making the game pretty late in announced he was dropping the Vita port from his to-do list because of time constraints he'd committed to for the other platform versions.

Speaking of expensive, whats with the $50 price tag on standard edition Vita games lately...
I know about London Detective Mysteria but LRG posted on twitter that The House in Fata Morgana is 3 games in 1 cart plus additional stories

from LRG twitter

For anyone wondering - this release includes THREE games in one (plus additional short stories): The House in Fata Morgana, A Requiem for Innocence (a prequel), and Reincarnation (a sequel).

Not a sale or anything, and I know this has been available for a long time, but the Undertale Vita CE from Fangamer has a warning on it now and says there are only 12 units in stock. I've been eyeing it for a long time, debating it, but decided to put in an order as I'm not sure how much longer this'll last. 

EDIT* 2 left as of 11:21 AM CST. 

Not a sale or anything, and I know this has been available for a long time, but the Undertale Vita CE from Fangamer has a warning on it now and says there are only 12 units in stock. I've been eyeing it for a long time, debating it, but decided to put in an order as I'm not sure how much longer this'll last.

EDIT* 2 left as of 11:21 AM CST.
Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed the last one, but it says restocking soon so :bs:

Um i grabbed the last one too.....how is that possible.
Nope, I definitely grabbed the last one. I added one to cart when there was 2 and decided to grab the other afterwards and toyed around a bit to get into my cart to update the qty.

When I started checkout, it said item was sold out so I just clicked whatever button was there, thought it was going back to an empty cart, but it actually continued the checkout process, except for only 1.

That was one fast restock!

Maybe they have the CEs stored without games and just pop the version in when an order is placed. So they just shifted inventory from one platform to another.

Anyone here use a powerline adapter for remote play via pstv? Looking for any input on which adapter to pick up for cheap.

Soon all mysteries concerning LRG's remaining Vita titles shall be revealed.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1135592766132641792

gundam breaker 3 break edition english subs for the vita is the weekly-special on play-asia, it's only $19.99

great price for an asian-english game

bread's done
Back