PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
• The offer is a first-come-first-served basis, so act fast whilst stock lasts!
I know, I was just asking whether their sale allotment was gone or if the site was having issues. I'm guessing the former, but Play-Asia has a history with codes not working, checkout being busted, etc.

any recommendations on what to pick up with Gundam Breaker?  gotta pay shipping anyway with no code so might as well make the most of it

Just note that shipping goes up by $3 or so with every game you add.
801516.gif

The Long Reach physical copy from SEG has less than 25 copies left. Just FYI for anyone that hasn’t picked it up.
thanks I think I will give SEG a 2nd chance it looks like they are doing a better job now with packing games for shipping since the last time I ordered from them

Thank God, the end is finally in sight! LOL
Yeah. I don't think I'll get any of those. There are solid releases there, but the Drinkbox games have been PS+ and I have them on PC, the Rocketbirds games annoy me that they are separate releases (though par for the course), the Atari Flashback cart is cool, but I'd rather have that digitally since the games are better for quick plays.

After 'King of Fighters '97 Global Match' I was expecting 'Samurai Shodown V Special,' especially with the reboot coming out this month, not a middle-of-the-series 'Metal Slug.'

The two mech games look okay, but I don't know anything about them and, again, they are separate releases. I don't know. I probably won't get anything Vita wise and only the 'Shenmue III' Collectors Edition going forward with LRG.

Also, 'Pix Cat?' Really? I got that free on Android from Amazon when they still gave out free apps. Oy.

I missed the first 10 minutes of the strem, can anyone fill me in?  or is that pic of the above enough summary?  Hard to see some of the titles

And the vita goes out with a whimper, not a bang. I literally just got Guacamelee for free on steam a bit ago. All the other games look like hot trash. Maybe i'll check out Metal Slug if it's like $15. Thanks LRG for wasting the last of the vita carts on these shitty games. You really did us all a favor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklists, and Regions 2, 3, and 4 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2019 -
- 2nd Quarter

Guacamelee! (6/14)
Mutant Blobs Attack!!! (6/14)
Pix the Cat (6/21)

- 3rd Quarter
Super Mutant Alien Assault (7/5)
Metal Slug 3 (7/12)
Atari Flashback Classics (July TBA)
Deadbolt (3rd Quarter TBA)

- Release Dates Not Yet Announced -
Aban Hawkins & The 1001 Spikes - The Temple of the Dead Mourns the Living (TBA)
Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka (TBA)
Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (TBA)
Papers, Please: A Dystopian Document Thriller (TBA 2020)
Super Meat Boy (TBA)
Revenant Dogma (TBA)
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (TBA)
Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (TBA)
VVVVVV (TBA)

- LRG Reward Game for those who manage to purchase every LRG Vita release. -
Revenge of the Bird King (TBA 2020)

I am thrilled and disappointed with the final limited run releases on vita.

Deadbolt is a excellent game and of course so is Super Meat Boy.

I enjoyed the first Rocket birds and Pix the Cat.

I never played the second Rocket birds because of file size restriction on my memory cards so I'm looking forward to playing it.

I've always wanted to play Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka and Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo but they never hit my buy it digital price. They have never been on sale.

I was planning on getting the Atari Flashback Classics so now I can wait and get it in July.

The two drinkbox games are great but I've played and beat them. I am thinking about maybe still buying them.

Super Mutant Alien Assault and Metal Slug are good games but I think they could have chosen others.

I am disappointed they announced Rogue Legacy for Switch and PS4 and skipped vita.

I was hopping for Olliolli 2, Fez, Chasm, Titan Souls, Volgar the Viking, Steamworld Dig 2 and Timespinner.

I am disappointed they announced Rogue Legacy for Switch and PS4 and skipped vita.

I was hopping for Olliolli 2, Fez, Chasm, Titan Souls, Volgar the Viking, Steamworld Dig 2 and Timespinner.
Yeah, there was for sure some great games left on the plate, as A Boy & His Blob was one I was hoping for personally. Once they announced the end of the line for Vita cart production, I knew some games wouldn't make the cut. Probably just to many hurdles near the end, that I'm sure many just opted to not bother or deal with at this point.

Most games worth a damn, will still end up with physical options on PS4/NS, so near the end, we got what we could. Considering how much we have gotten in the last 2 years defies all logic and reason, so to say we'll still have LRG, Play-Asia, and whomever else has a few games left to give, the Vita certainly earned it's title of meaning LIFE!

Fez man... that's what I was really hoping for. Considering it got a phone release not that long ago, I was hoping the people controlling that license would be interested in making some $$ with a vita physical release.

I have been holding off buying Steamworld Dig 2 digitally assuming the physical was going to happen. Sad to see it was not part of the final list.

I'm curious about what you guys think about future Vita game prices.  Are they at an all-time high because the system was recently discontinued in NA?  Or do you think they will continue to rise and hold their value, kind of like Gamecube games?  When I look around online it appears that they are more scarce than other systems (ex: PS4) but that could just be because people are holding onto the games and not selling them right now.   

I'm curious about what you guys think about future Vita game prices. Are they at an all-time high because the system was recently discontinued in NA? Or do you think they will continue to rise and hold their value, kind of like Gamecube games? When I look around online it appears that they are more scarce than other systems (ex: PS4) but that could just be because people are holding onto the games and not selling them right now.
Honestly, it depends on the games and the qty produce and the demand for said items at the time of being sold, traded, etc. I sold my 3DS collection of games about a year or two ago, and I did way better than just having sold my sons games last week. I started selling my Vita collection back in January, and did really well on English imports and some "limited" offerings, but the standard US games I couldn't give away. Of course there where exceptions, but that was for low produced, or hard to find titles. Of course new sealed games will demand a good price either way, but used can be all over the map. CE suffered the same fate, some did really well, while many others are still listed(and below retail).

The Vita was discontinued in the US years ago(not recently), and prices for systems have been up and down in that time. It depends on the system, condition, and how rare or limited it may have been(including imports). The Vita TV is up and will probably stay that way, as it allows for Vita to be played on TV, and didn't sell well when offered, so demand will be high for that, and supply is low.

For most games, there are tons in the secondary market, and the prices reflect that, and just like NES games of 30 years ago, some will hold value, and some will not. On average, systems always do better than games, as they break and have issues over time, so the market is always shrinking, but not so much in regards to most games(but it can happen here as well, broke disc, scratches, etc).

I'm curious about what you guys think about future Vita game prices. Are they at an all-time high because the system was recently discontinued in NA? Or do you think they will continue to rise and hold their value, kind of like Gamecube games? When I look around online it appears that they are more scarce than other systems (ex: PS4) but that could just be because people are holding onto the games and not selling them right now.
In general, video games are a bad investment, there are a thousand games under MSRP for every Earthbound. The Vita catalog will likely fare a little better because of how niche its catalog is and the intentional scarcity of a lot of its games, but I do think a lot of the prices will go down once the dust settles from the console discontinuation.

Something that could have an impact on Vita games, and console, prices is whether or not Sony makes another handheld console down the line. If they ultimately decide on making another, more powerful handheld then that will hurt Vita game prices. If, however, Sony decides to never make another dedicated handheld gaming console then that will keep Vita games and consoles at a higher price level. The fact that the Vita got hacked, combined with the release of the Switch, did some damage to folks hoping Vita game prices would remain high. Aside from a handful of games, I agree with others that the prices will likely actually go down for the most part over time. Since it was hacked and is such a great machine, I can see the prices of Vita consoles in excellent or brand new condition go up over time. I have quite a few Vita systems and a complete collection of games that I never intend to sell, but if I were going to sell everything off to make money I would be unloading the games and used systems right now or soon, while holding onto the brand new Vita consoles for at least several years before selling.

Yeah, at this point, it's straight up supply and demand, and that's why these last few Vita games from LRG are averaging about $60-70 on Ebay. Those games are being produced in the few thousands, so I would say the market of collector's may be in the 2500 or so range(give or take). That's why these last 2000 and under games are going so high, as more people want the items then we have in the market. So for games that where once expensive, many are now at or below retail, we now know there are to many copies of those, as prices are very low now.

I for sure see the market shrinking in time, as it's just better to hack your unit and have at it, than try to maintain a collection you never use anyways. Or at least that's what I've done, or am in the process of doing. So I'm making some money and purging the BS, it's a win/win. LOL

Another thing that could affect value is if Sony ever decides to no longer allow it to connect to PSN. Obviously that would be much later down the road. Maybe they do a major overhaul on PSN and don't bother to update the Vita to play along. Or the Vita ends up being a security vulnerability on PSN.

Physical media might be worth more, but the games could be worthless to trophy hunters. When this time comes, you might as well just hack the system. I guess there are a lot of factors to think about.

Yeah, at this point, it's straight up supply and demand, and that's why these last few Vita games from LRG are averaging about $60-70 on Ebay. Those games are being produced in the few thousands, so I would say the market of collector's may be in the 2500 or so range(give or take). That's why these last 2000 and under games are going so high, as more people want the items then we have in the market. So for games that where once expensive, many are now at or below retail, we now know there are to many copies of those, as prices are very low now.

I for sure see the market shrinking in time, as it's just better to hack your unit and have at it, than try to maintain a collection you never use anyways. Or at least that's what I've done, or am in the process of doing. So I'm making some money and purging the BS, it's a win/win. LOL
I would really only be interested in hacking my vita so I could use the microSD card adapter and move away from the faulty memory sticks. Do you happen to have a link for the best guide out there to show me how to apply Trinity? Also - with the Trinity hack, do you always have to go to a website and click a link like the older mods? Thanks!

http://wololo.net/2019/05/06/trinity-exploit-by-theflow-released-you-can-now-hack-psvita-and-pstv-fw-3-69-3-70-and-run-all-the-homebrew-you-want/

https://vita.hacks.guide/preparing-for-trinity

Here's one of the tutorials I used. Alternatively, there's Plialect's guide, which is more in-depth. (I'm not responsible for any issues during installation, just to warn you!)

Run modoru afterwards and roll back to 3.60 or 3.65 if you can; that way you can install Enso and make the changes permanent. I have both my Vitas hacked, and one is using a 128GB card. Now that's the sweet life!

http://wololo.net/2019/05/06/trinity-exploit-by-theflow-released-you-can-now-hack-psvita-and-pstv-fw-3-69-3-70-and-run-all-the-homebrew-you-want/

https://vita.hacks.guide/preparing-for-trinity

Here's one of the tutorials I used. Alternatively, there's Plialect's guide, which is more in-depth. (I'm not responsible for any issues during installation, just to warn you!)

Run modoru afterwards and roll back to 3.60 or 3.65 if you can; that way you can install Enso and make the changes permanent. I have both my Vitas hacked, and one is using a 128GB card. Now that's the sweet life!
Yeah, this^

This was for sure one of my more in depth hacks so to speak, as it was a lot of back and forth, and I ran in to issues every step of the way. Now don't get me wrong, there was no major issues, but lets say hiccups that needed research to overcome. When I set up one tutorial video, I ended up watching 1-2 more, as some covered things one way, while another did things slightly different. Also, you pretty much have to hack this twice, as shown above, as the first step allows you to do another step, which gets you to the promised land(so to speak).

In the end, they all get you to the same place, but some use the USB to transfer files, while others do it wirelessly. Then some show you how to use the internal memory of the 2000, which the 1000 doesn't have, so note that as well. A lot is trial and error, as you won't know about an issue until you run in to it. But nothing was of the bricking type, just quirks in the way some of the apps run, and how things need to be routed and named. The CFW of the Vita also uses plug-ins, which is another thing I haven't dealt with in the past, but nothing I couldn't over come.

EDIT: Just for the record, I'll say any and all headaches where well worth the time & effort if only for being able to use proper memory now. I spent $50 for a 400gb micro SD card and another $10 for the Vita adapter, so $60 out the door, and I'm done. LOL I can sell my OG 64gb Sony card to cover those cost and I'll still make a few bucks, how sad is that? fuck SONY!

bread's done
Back