PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really only be interested in hacking my vita so I could use the microSD card adapter and move away from the faulty memory sticks.
Unless there's an adapter I'm not aware of, the microsd adapters go in the cartridge slot... thus are only good for downloaded games.

Unless there's an adapter I'm not aware of, the microsd adapters go in the cartridge slot... thus are only good for downloaded games.
Once hacked, you can back-up your legal games, and still place them on your sd2vita adapter, you just need to able to access your Vita by PC or whatever else for the process(a place to store files for transfer). So yeah, the adapter uses the cart slot, but an "opened" system is well above and beyond anything offered by official means.

I actually copied my Sony memory card directly to the adapter one, and it worked just like any other memory transfer after my Vita was set up to do so. Plugged and played with no issues once done, and all my settings and placement of games stayed the exact same. The only difference being I now had a 400gb sd card, and it cost less than my official 64gb card, go figure uh?

There's an adaptor that goes in the internal slot for the Cellular Broadband modem card of the 3G model 1000 series. That's really jacked the value of the 3G model as with that you can have a MicroSD card and a normal Vita memory card.

There's an adaptor that goes in the internal slot for the Cellular Broadband modem card of the 3G model 1000 series. That's really jacked the value of the 3G model as with that you can have a MicroSD card and a normal Vita memory card.
Yeah, I actually forgot all about that unit, as I do remember that being the first way they offered extra memory because of that slot. Since I didn't add CFW until recently, none of the tutorials I watched even addressed that unit. Those units never had great demand out of the gate, so the numbers are very low I'm sure, so no surprise prices are on the rise.

As for it offering the options for memory, it would be cool to have, as it allows for transfers back and forth on the system I would imagine. Where with my current set up I need a PC, but that's how I do all transfers, and with the poor battery of those 1000 units, I doubt I would use the option much even if I had it.

update on my missing shakedown Hawaii order; as I suspected, neighbors did have the package even thought they denied it. luckily, their landlord came by to collect rent, saw the package (unopened thankfully), took it and gave it back to me just now.

vblank CS had stopped responding after awhile and their official position was they had to follow policy, but they would ping vblank to see if they would ok sending replacement. never got any updates after asking the second time around. Good luck to folks buying from them in the future.

I'm not going to dig through all the tweets to find them, but Luc Bernard did state that Indigogo backers who pledged for copies of War Theatre and/or Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes will be receiving a backers-only slip cover on their copies of the games. Play Asia is selling the boxed Limited Edition as well as the remaining standard edition copies of the two games sans-slipcovers.

Considering it's an LE only and it's being distributed through LRG, probably $80+.
Honestly, it doesn't look like more than a $49.99 price to me considering the extras. We shall see how much they are willing to gouge Vita collectors.

My guess on the Teslagrad LE is $54.99. Far too much for what comes with the game. It's $14.99 on PSN regular price, so that means likely $30 from LRG on the game that comes in the LE, even though there is no Switch tax on this title, but the whole $10 over digital price has not exactly been followed even when there is no Switch version. Then $25 for $5 worth of junk in the LE. So $54.99 is my best guess, $40 over the digital price of the game alone. Hope I'm wrong and LRG decide not to gouge the crap out of customers.

My guess on the Teslagrad LE is $54.99. Far too much for what comes with the game. It's $14.99 on PSN regular price, so that means likely $30 from LRG on the game that comes in the LE, even though there is no Switch tax on this title, but the whole $10 over digital price has not exactly been followed even when there is no Switch version. Then $25 for $5 worth of junk in the LE. So $54.99 is my best guess, $40 over the digital price of the game alone. Hope I'm wrong and LRG decide not to gouge the crap out of customers.
First off great guess lol. But i was wondering since LRG is the distributor, are they in charge of the cost? Or would it fall on the publisher to decide the cost?

First off great guess lol. But i was wondering since LRG is the distributor, are they in charge of the cost? Or would it fall on the publisher to decide the cost?
Probably consulted with each other on it. Publisher probably suggested $34.99. LRG suggested $74.99. So they met in the middle. Just kidding, sort of.

28 minutes past when the release of Conga Master Go was supposed to go live -- game hasn't gone live, and crickets from Play Asia and EastAsiaSoft. Only 1,000 copies. Keeping up with Vita releases can be a pain sometimes. Everyone over in Hong Kong must be asleep and forgot to set the game to go live.

I think they are posting it a 11am CST / 12pm EST.
I saw on twitter at 10AM cst from Eastasiasoft one hour until congo master go live.

Edit: Well nothing is happening so I guess someone fuck ed up.

Wow. An hour and a quarter past when it was supposed to go live and still zero word from Play Asia or EastAsiaSoft. Very unprofessional to not at least let people know what the problem is and whether or not the release has been postponed. Given the very limited nature of the game it sucks to not know whether to hang around and F5 the product page once in a while or to come back another day.

Its up but its charging $9.90 for shipping when it should be free. I will gladly skip this game it they don't get the shipping issue fixed. I'm not paying for shipping or dealing with their customer service for a refund.

Edit: It looks like the fixed the shipping issue.

Whew. Finally! They charged me $9.90 for shipping, so I backed out and tried again and they fixed the shipping snafu.

Code NPE took off $3 for me, so I ended up being charged $31.99

Another sub-two minute sell out in round 1 of today's LRG sale.
Good thing they are still fixated on the brilliant idea of 2 per customer. If they did 1 per customer it might take 2 1/2 mins to sell out, and gosh that would be devastating.

Metal Slug and Super Meat Boy will be absolute bloodbaths.

are these the exact ones from indiegogo??? even the limited edition???
The limited edition is only at Play-Asia. The Indiegogo version are the standard with a slipcase. All this was announced well after the Indiegogo campaign ended, mind you; that's kinda Luc's MO.

are these the exact ones from indiegogo??? even the limited edition???
Indiegogo is just the vanilla, but with an exclusive slipcover, hand-signed by the developer. Play Asia copies are the exact same thing as the Indiegogo copies, minus the slipcover, but the with the CE extras. People who had already bought the Indiegogo copies were mad once they found out that Play Asia was going to sell the same thing with extras in a CE, so the developer decided to make exclusive slipcovers for the Indiegogo folks, then recently decided to sign the slipcovers. Luc seems kind of unorganized but I think he means well.

Strictly Limited Game's next Vita release is finally happening this weekend!

https://twitter.com/RealStrictlyLTD/status/1153696749602660352?s=20

Strictly Limited Game's next Vita release is finally happening this weekend!

https://twitter.com/RealStrictlyLTD/status/1153696749602660352?s=20
I've been really excited for this. Bummer the Vita doesn't include Timeless Mode or a manual like the others do.

I'll probably double dip, but I'm not sure whether the second copy will be PS4 or Switch. After the hobbled Bloodstained Switch port, I'm concerned about another bad Switch version for a game that won't have reviews until well after the purchase window has closed. On the other hand, the Switch version will probably hold its value better than a PS4 copy and there's always digital. Ugh, first world problems.

If you utilize homebrew for anything, there was a patch released today that blocks it. Since the production line is shut down it probably won't affect future physical releases.

If you utilize homebrew for anything, there was a patch released today that blocks it. Since the production line is shut down it probably won't affect future physical releases.
Yeah, these Sony guys are beyond the beyond and then some. Hell, they stopped producing this system 2+ years ago in the states, and couldn't stop cart production fast enough, and now they care? I call complete BS, as I'm sure this must be affecting dollars some place, or they wouldn't have bothered, but still, they just keep pissing on the Vita grave, and the bodies still warm, SCUM!

EDIT: I mean I have just recently hacked my Vita, so I waited until the end was near(or had arrived depending on who you ask), and I was cool with that. Since the Vita launched, I owned a few different models along with probably 200-300 carts, CE & even a PSTV. And I'm still buying LRG games, so I'm still supporting this system well after the fact.

So I did more than my fair share for the Vita, and now it's nice just to have better memory options, and access to my whole Sony library in one place(PS1, PSP, Vita). And while it's not an issue now, if something happened to my current unit, I'd probably be screwed. It's just making things difficult, for difficult sake, as this is their exact problems with the censorship shit going on. Fixing something that isn't broken, and for what?

Yeah, these Sony guys are beyond the beyond and then some. Hell, they stopped producing this system 2+ years ago in the states, and couldn't stop cart production fast enough, and now they care? I call complete BS, as I'm sure this must be affecting dollars some place, or they wouldn't have bothered, but still, they just keep pissing on the Vita grave, and the bodies still warm, SCUM!
It's because the homebrew allows piracy. I guarantee if it was just overclocking, account switching, and the like then they wouldn't have touched it in the past several years. Sony and their publishing partners have a vested interest in preventing piracy. Sony since they get a chunk of everything sold for the platform and the publisher because, well, they're trying to sell their game. I wouldn't be surprised if they're contractually obligated to patch piracy for an extended period of time as a result.

What does the block do? Prevent you from using homebrew? Or does it prevent you from getting into PSN and playing your legit owned titles?

What does the block do? Prevent you from using homebrew? Or does it prevent you from getting into PSN and playing your legit owned titles?
It patches out an exploit that was used to downgrade to Firmware version 3.60, which is the firmware homebrew developers have settled on and spoof the firmware from there. Basically if you update you lose the downgrade option, but if you don't update (or spoof the Firmware version in homebrew) you lose access to all digital games and online.

It's because the homebrew allows piracy. I guarantee if it was just overclocking, account switching, and the like then they wouldn't have touched it in the past several years. Sony and their publishing partners have a vested interest in preventing piracy. Sony since they get a chunk of everything sold for the platform and the publisher because, well, they're trying to sell their game. I wouldn't be surprised if they're contractually obligated to patch piracy for an extended period of time as a result.
Like anything, this is the straight line answer from a PR standpoint, but they no longer offer the Vita, or any way to play these games, so why would piracy matter at this point(not arguing for piracy of course)? One of the main reasons I "opened" my Vita, was so that I could continue to play the games I purchased legally. I was already burned on PS Mobile titles, and no telling when the Vita support in general ends. If my system breaks today, I can no longer technically play my games, as they no longer offer me a way to play, as the system is dead(not my words, but theirs). They can't have it both ways, as your supporting the system, or your not?

"N" still updates the 3DS from time to time, but they no longer bother with homebrew blocking, as it's how they are going to move the last 2DS/3DS's from store shelves. They are no longer going to offer you a way to play 3DS games, so why block consumers from the library they paid for at this point(or doing cool things with an old system consumers no longer want anyways). I don't see 3DS coming to the NS, when they can't even offer SNES games, and I don't see Sony offering Vita on any future devices either.

What Sony is doing here is the equivalent of tuning up a car sitting in the junkyard, and the sad part is, they put it there when it was still a fairly new and well working vehicle. So if they want to make the piracy argument, it would be a little hard to do for a system they "officially" junked/retired years ago!

What are you talking about? They obviously still sell Vita games through PSN, so they have a vested interest in shutting down piracy. Especially in Asia, where Vita games sales will continue for years to come.

This isn't 1999 anymore when a console was hacked, console manufacturers had no choice but to let the piracy scene grow or design new hardware to beat modchips.

What are you talking about? They obviously still sell Vita games through PSN, so they have a vested interest in shutting down piracy. Especially in Asia, where Vita games sales will continue for years to come.

This isn't 1999 anymore when a console was hacked, console manufacturers had no choice but to let the piracy scene grow or design new hardware to beat modchips.
Of course my statement was 100% my own and in reference to the US market, as the Vita died, or was put out to pasture here years ago. Of course they still sell software online, but they also killed physical game production, they killed system production, and they no longer offer anything Vita related in the US. So please excuse me for pointing out they don't seem all to concerned with making profit from this device, but that's just my observation and opinion on the current situation.

The vita here (NA) only got more bonkers/active after the hardware market for it died years ago.   In fact the physical library more than doubled and the digital library exploded as well... and we are still not done with physical NA vita releases despite the manufacturing for NA & EU games ending.   Plus there are still digital games releasing on the vita.  There was at least one yesterday in fact.

They have the right to try and protect themselves and the publishers still daring enough to publish games to the vita.  And given there are still random vita games that go on sale, I'd say they still care about their property.   This is always an issue when selling all your physical library off (except what you need to lock in that free game from LRG before selling the lrg collection off) and hacking a system that isn't quite dead yet.  I'd imagine we have one last year before they stop updating the vita firmware... and then not too long after that it'll end up like the PSP where you need an intermediary system like the ps3 to download your purchases.

As far as what to do if your hacked vita dies to play your legit purchased digital games, I'm pretty sure the PS3 can still be a hub for downloaded PS1/Minis/PSP/Vita games for the PSP & Vita systems.  So investing in a PS3 with a nice 1tb harddrive upgrade could be a nice option.  Of course if your vita dies you can't play games anyway, so you need another vita.  At that point you can opt to update it and direct download games again, hack it and use a ps3, wait for the hacking community to update a work around, or just let go of the digital library and just straight up hack and pillage taking the moral stance that you already bought the games so it's ok.   The whining that you will be SOL is kind of hilarious given the array of options available.

Konami released an entry in a very popular baseball series which is why they put out the patch.

1. [PS4] Professional Baseball Spirits – 175,189 / NEW
2. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 – 46,065 / 380,142
3. [PSV] Professional Baseball Spirits – 44,270 / NEW

Like anything, this is the straight line answer from a PR standpoint, but they no longer offer the Vita, or any way to play these games, so why would piracy matter at this point(not arguing for piracy of course)? One of the main reasons I "opened" my Vita, was so that I could continue to play the games I purchased legally. I was already burned on PS Mobile titles, and no telling when the Vita support in general ends. If my system breaks today, I can no longer technically play my games, as they no longer offer me a way to play, as the system is dead(not my words, but theirs). They can't have it both ways, as your supporting the system, or your not?

"N" still updates the 3DS from time to time, but they no longer bother with homebrew blocking, as it's how they are going to move the last 2DS/3DS's from store shelves. They are no longer going to offer you a way to play 3DS games, so why block consumers from the library they paid for at this point(or doing cool things with an old system consumers no longer want anyways). I don't see 3DS coming to the NS, when they can't even offer SNES games, and I don't see Sony offering Vita on any future devices either.

What Sony is doing here is the equivalent of tuning up a car sitting in the junkyard, and the sad part is, they put it there when it was still a fairly new and well working vehicle. So if they want to make the piracy argument, it would be a little hard to do for a system they "officially" junked/retired years ago!
They still make money on every purchase that's made via PSN, as do the publishers, that has nothing to do with the hardware. They produced 10M+ Vitas and they're readily available on second-hand markets. If half of those are still in operation and 10% of those make one $10 digital purchase a year that's $5M in revenue (30% of which directly goes to Sony).

Those are very conservative numbers, but not 100% of people are going to pirate every game, so arguing the exact numbers is more than a bit futile. But the point is, there is money on the table and allowing piracy is a threat to that profit.

It may sound like a PR reason, but that doesn't make it less valid. Someone somewhere at Sony is weighing the cost/benefit of patching it and if the math or legal implications weren't in their favor they wouldn't be bothering still.

It may sound like a PR reason, but that doesn't make it less valid. Someone somewhere at Sony is weighing the cost/benefit of patching it and if the math or legal implications weren't in their favor they wouldn't be bothering still.
Valid arguments for sure, but I could argue the same in regards to years of R&D, advertisements, game production etc, only to abandon the system in short order. How much was lost or wasted on those portions of this system? I would argue those numbers are much higher, than any revenue they may be currently receiving for PSN, but that's my take.

From what I can tell, the creator of "Trinity" offered up his blueprint for the jailbreak awhile back to the community(why this is an issue, as no more hacks are planned by him), and Sony pretty much used it to block his work step for step. So yeah, it was pretty much the work done for them, and if not offered for the record, they probably would have never done this. But as stated, it was an easy choice to do, as the work was done for them.

Of course it's their system, and they can do whatever they please in regards to it, but it just seems a slap in the face to the fans who supported this system. When all I've ever seen from them was cock blocking of epic proportions, like they didn't want anyone to even bother to continue buying their system. So that's my beef, as they did EVERYTHING in their power to make it die, and now they care about a few dollars left on the table? When they wasted who knows how much over the years.

Valid arguments for sure, but I could argue the same in regards to years of R&D, advertisements, game production etc, only to abandon the system in short order. How much was lost or wasted on those portions of this system? I would argue those numbers are much higher, than any revenue they may be currently receiving for PSN, but that's my take.

From what I can tell, the creator of "Trinity" offered up his blueprint for the jailbreak awhile back to the community(why this is an issue, as no more hacks are planned by him), and Sony pretty much used it to block his work step for step. So yeah, it was pretty much the work done for them, and if not offered for the record, they probably would have never done this. But as stated, it was an easy choice to do, as the work was done for them.

Of course it's their system, and they can do whatever they please in regards to it, but it just seems a slap in the face to the fans who supported this system. When all I've ever seen from them was cock blocking of epic proportions, like they didn't want anyone to even bother to continue buying their system. So that's my beef, as they did EVERYTHING in their power to make it die, and now they care about a few dollars left on the table? When they wasted who knows how much over the years.
Hardware research and development was done before console launch. I haven't seen any advertisements for the Vita in years. Game development costs aren't coming directly from Sony's pocket except for the rare first-party title, and there were only a handful of those in the console's life. The upfront investments didn't pan out, but that doesn't mean they're not allowed to have the "few dollars left on the table." They're still selling digital products and operating a digital marketplace, the volume of their sales don't invalidate that they are sales.

All of the investments they made that you called out were made before they abandoned the console or deemed it a failure. For a number of years afterward (and even more so now since they no longer produce physical games outside of Asia), the console is just free money for them. All they have to do to maintain the (admittedly small) income stream is patch the firmware every now and then, and if the blueprint's already out there then it's that much easier. If you can spend $50k to make $5M by maintaining firmware that's a better ROI than spending $5M to make $50M by developing a hugely successful game.

It's not a "slap in the face to fans who supported the system" to disable piracy and protect their financial interests and those of their business partners. You can still support the system, Sony, and the developers/publishers who make content for it by buying that content. And, like I said, if the hacks were just things like overclocking or account switching Sony absolutely would not care.

As far as Sony goes, it's more that they didn't actively try to keep it alive than actively trying to kill it. It's not like they discontinued production in 2015, shut off digital publishing, or removed PSN access. By whatever internal metrics they had it flopped but they kept it around for eight years regardless - probably because it was low effort to maintain and generated some marginal income for them. To be clear, I'm not any happier about the apathetic treatment it got from Sony than the other folks on this thread and I'm not trying to defend that treatment. But acting like you deserve to be able to pirate games because of Sony's treatment is really some next-level entitlement. It's annoying to listen to people act like they're owed something on that front; you paid for a console and you got it, you can pay for games and receive them. If you don't think the value justifies the price, nobody's holding a gun to your head and you're free not to make those purchases.

bread's done
Back