PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I used code NINWIRE for %5 off.

Code JAYMES may work for $3 off but I didn't try it.

Coupon box was on the payment screen. Had to click to get it to open

I am not even seeing the box to put in any coupon codes. Is it still there?
You have to remember to start the checkout as a card payment (not PayPal), and the coupon field will show up on the bottom of the payment page, where you can choose PayPal. Otherwise, if you choose PayPal upfront, the coupon field disappears. Don't ask me why, but their site has always been a shit show.

Got the free shipping option right after Darshminder posted about it. I used code VITAFR to get $1.75 off. Haven't been able to get any of the $3 off codes to work the past couple releases. Didn't even realize how good their new points system is. Got an additional $7 off due to points I didn't even realize I had.

Really appreciative that Play Asia/EastAsiaSoft are continuing to pump out some good Vita games physically.

Got the free shipping option right after Darshminder posted about it. I used code VITAFR to get $1.75 off. Haven't been able to get any of the $3 off codes to work the past couple releases. Didn't even realize how good their new points system is. Got an additional $7 off due to points I didn't even realize I had.

Really appreciative that Play Asia/EastAsiaSoft are continuing to pump out some good Vita games physically.
yah when they rolled out the new loyalty program they gave out 500 points (= $5) free

I figured I'd bank my points for when play asia rolls out a crappy sale, then gets shamed enough on social media to actually offer good prices, and offset the nearly $20 in shipping costs when that happens

So anyone know where I could get a console?
Ebay, pawn shops, and the like, as you could have gotten one new from Japan not to long ago, but I don't know if those are still being offered anymore. Right now tons of people are buying things online(since being stuck inside), while many others will be selling stuff to make ends meet, so maybe check Craig's list or local stuff like that for a good deal as well.

I noticed that Play-Asia has stepped up its scalping game on Vitas. New consoles are $365 - $438 depending on color.

Used is the way to go. I picked up an OG Vita from a local Gamestop for $100 or so a couple months back.

I was able to get a used one for $70 a few months ago from GameStop.  The irony is that I can't remove my previous Vita that bit the dust in the washing machine from my PSN account since it won't power on.  So I'm hoping that I can try again in 6 months.

I was able to get a used one for $70 a few months ago from GameStop. The irony is that I can't remove my previous Vita that bit the dust in the washing machine from my PSN account since it won't power on. So I'm hoping that I can try again in 6 months.
You can use any of your Vita/PS3/PS4 and in the settings "Deactivate all devices" to clear ones you no longer have. You just have to go back and re-authorize the current systems. Yeah, it's a PITA, but at least you can do *something*.

update from the Arcade Distillery's indiegogo

As you all noticed, people were getting their games weekly until the shut down happened in Los Angeles.I also was at the hospital because of Covid-19 and they told me to self isolate because there was no testing there but I got a test on Friday, so I'm hoping it comes back negative so then I can start shipping games again.

Question for everyone...

I have a Vita with 32GB card with firmware 3.69 (I know 3.73 is current firmware). It's been sitting for a couple years now, and with the environment everyone is in, I figured why not dust it off and play some games I had never opened before. Since it's been so long, I'd like to just do a 'clean install' and start fresh with it.

The problem I've run into is it seems the save data files are part of the game install on the memory card, instead of how the PS4 operates where I could just save the literally save data file. I have so many games that were digital or tied to PS+, some that I no longer have licenses for. Yet I don't want to lose save data on games like Gravity Rush and others. 

What's the best way to do a clean install and start fresh?

Question for everyone...

I have a Vita with 32GB card with firmware 3.69 (I know 3.73 is current firmware). It's been sitting for a couple years now, and with the environment everyone is in, I figured why not dust it off and play some games I had never opened before. Since it's been so long, I'd like to just do a 'clean install' and start fresh with it.

The problem I've run into is it seems the save data files are part of the game install on the memory card, instead of how the PS4 operates where I could just save the literally save data file. I have so many games that were digital or tied to PS+, some that I no longer have licenses for. Yet I don't want to lose save data on games like Gravity Rush and others.

What's the best way to do a clean install and start fresh?
Back up your saves and anything else you want to keep via the Cloud (if you have PS+) or PC via CMA. Then restore the system via Settings, which will wipe everything but firmware.

Back up your saves and anything else you want to keep via the Cloud (if you have PS+) or PC via CMA. Then restore the system via Settings, which will wipe everything but firmware.
Is there any way to restore the save data files to the games without restoring the entire content backup? That's how I handle my PS4, backup to a USB drive, wipe the console, and restore just the savedata folder. Otherwise it seems my only option is to backup with content manager to my Mac, then just let that backup file sit idly while I start fresh with the Vita on 3.73.

Down the road this seems like it would create an issue though since I would have separate backups. As a note, I only have one 32GB card.

Is there any way to restore the save data files to the games without restoring the entire content backup? That's how I handle my PS4, backup to a USB drive, wipe the console, and restore just the savedata folder. Otherwise it seems my only option is to backup with content manager to my Mac, then just let that backup file sit idly while I start fresh with the Vita on 3.73.

Down the road this seems like it would create an issue though since I would have separate backups. As a note, I only have one 32GB card.
Yes, if you use the PS+ cloud it only backs up save data. As far as I know there's no other official way to decouple the game and save data. There's probably a way if you have a hacked Vita, but my Vita is stock so I couldn't say for sure.

I only have a 16 GB card and it's never been an issue for me. I mostly play physical games (which only take up space for patches and save files), but when I'm done with a digital game I just upload my save and delete the game. If I ever want to come back to it I can just re-download the game from PSN and then redownload the save from PS+

Yes, if you use the PS+ cloud it only backs up save data. As far as I know there's no other official way to decouple the game and save data. There's probably a way if you have a hacked Vita, but my Vita is stock so I couldn't say for sure.

I only have a 16 GB card and it's never been an issue for me. I mostly play physical games (which only take up space for patches and save files), but when I'm done with a digital game I just upload my save and delete the game. If I ever want to come back to it I can just re-download the game from PSN and then redownload the save from PS+
I've never once used cloud saving before. I used to have PS+ for years though stopped using it about two years ago. I wonder if I activated a sub for 3 months, if I can upload just the saves, and perhaps download them later as a file for hard copy? I've never been a fan of anything cloud, I backup and then backup the backups.

I've never once used cloud saving before. I used to have PS+ for years though stopped using it about two years ago. I wonder if I activated a sub for 3 months, if I can upload just the saves, and perhaps download them later as a file for hard copy? I've never been a fan of anything cloud, I backup and then backup the backups.
I'm not entirely sure that would work solely because the UI for uploading/downloading saves to PS+ is on the game bubble. If you could find a way around that, though, you could potentially upload the saves, delete the game, re-download the saves, and transfer them off to physical media. The trick would be finding out if (or where) it would be possible through the UI. Might also be worth poking around at the UI on the PS3/PS4; there are enough cross-save games that it may be nested away somewhere.

Just saw a YouTube video saying that the PSN store is finally fixed for the USA. Was the VITA store a problem for anybody? I've never had any problems with it.

Just saw a YouTube video saying that the PSN store is finally fixed for the USA. Was the VITA store a problem for anybody? I've never had any problems with it.

The PSN store at store.playstation.com appears to have been 'down' for quite some time as I can no longer browse it on any device. All I get is this:

"Error Due to a recent web browser update, this browser is temporarily not supported. While we work on a fix, try another browser."

MacOS, iPhone, iPad, doesn't work anywhere with safari.

store.playstation.com works fine on windows 7, Firefox 74.0.1 (64-bit).

It also loads fine on my iphone with safari.

Are you using a VPN?  IF So, that might be your problem.

store.playstation.com works fine on windows 7, Firefox 74.0.1 (64-bit).

It also loads fine on my iphone with safari.

Are you using a VPN? IF So, that might be your problem.
No VPN. Just tried on my iPad Pro with iOS 13.4.1 and still no luck, same error message with safari.

I can view the website, I just cannot sign in. It allows me to sign in, then redirects me to the home page of store.playstation.com and tells me I need to sign in. It’s basically just a sign in loop.

No VPN. Just tried on my iPad Pro with iOS 13.4.1 and still no luck, same error message with safari.

I can view the website, I just cannot sign in. It allows me to sign in, then redirects me to the home page of store.playstation.com and tells me I need to sign in. It’s basically just a sign in loop.
Its been doing that on my phone for about a month. I can log in through the psn app and go through to the store that way though.

I can’t believe how dang rare/expensive a new Vita console is. I bought an original model on Amazon from a seller with 96% feedback that had the condition under “New”. This thing better be legitimately brand new lol.

I can’t believe how dang rare/expensive a new Vita console is. I bought an original model on Amazon from a seller with 96% feedback that had the condition under “New”. This thing better be legitimately brand new lol.
I'm just amazed so many people care about buying Vitas that are brand new. Used consoles in good condition are like a third of the price, but I feel like I see someone ask where to buy new consoles every week between Reddit, Discord, and here.

I prefer new from a germ standpoint, but I wouldn't pay 3x for something new. Maybe a 30-50% premium.

Used is the way to go right now. I picked up a black OG vita and a white OG vita earlier this year. They were ~$120 each in excellent condition. The black one had a smoky smell, but a week in a ziploc bag with dryer sheets took care of that.

Used Vitas also seem to have maybe a bit less abuse I guess at least for the first iteration, since I never owned the second. The top buttons can take a beating. Only thing other than the screen itself that is maybe a little more prone to damage would be the back panel thing. Honestly in my used Vita (got from Cowboom way back in the day) it just had tiny scratch on one of the top buttons. One of the few systems I didn't mind buying used. 

I'm just amazed so many people care about buying Vitas that are brand new. Used consoles in good condition are like a third of the price, but I feel like I see someone ask where to buy new consoles every week between Reddit, Discord, and here.
I’m having a hard time finding ones that aren’t scratched to hell, that’s the only thing keeping me from buying a used one. If I could find a reasonably priced mint condition one I’d grab it, but then the term “mint” can be subjective. I just really don’t want scratches, and even some that don’t appear to have any on the front when I see the picture of the back it is scratched really bad. Then you have to hope there’s no drift on the sticks and all that.

But it’s just me, just an OCD thing. I don’t mind buying used older consoles but handhelds are a little different with having screens for me.

I’m having a hard time finding ones that aren’t scratched to hell, that’s the only thing keeping me from buying a used one. If I could find a reasonably priced mint condition one I’d grab it, but then the term “mint” can be subjective. I just really don’t want scratches, and even some that don’t appear to have any on the front when I see the picture of the back it is scratched really bad. Then you have to hope there’s no drift on the sticks and all that.

But it’s just me, just an OCD thing. I don’t mind buying used older consoles but handhelds are a little different with having screens for me.
Yeah, I feel the same as you, as I've bought a few used handhelds in my time, and they all mostly have rather poor condition(at least compered to the description given). A scratch or dead pixel is just the worst, and as stated, the word "mint" must refer to the smell or taste of the systems, as I've never gotten one were "mint" actually described the condition. LOL

I have seen many here mention that the "Asian" listed handhelds are often under sold in regards to condition, and if they rate something a "B", it is often near flawless. I have seen that in other areas, just not systems, as I've never took the gamble, but I have found other items from Asia that stated a lesser condition, and was surprised by what arrived. It's bad enough returning something in the states now a days, but I can only imagine how bad returning something overseas must cost, but a possible avenue for a better grade of Vita none the less.

i bought a used vita from ebay seller in japan about half a year ago. i remember i sent him a message before i bought it and he replied the next day. got the vita and it was in great condition. played some games and no issues. so i gave him a positive feedback. then i tried silent hill book of memories. the right stick is messed up. it just stays in one position. u can move the stick around and aim to the direction u choose with no problems but once u let go of the stick, it locks into one direction. so i messaged the seller and he never reply. so i ended up buying a stick replacement for like 2 bucks off ebay. stick doesnt match the original but as long it works, im good.

Stick drift is sadly common in my experience. I’ve replaced several on my Vitas (I have 5 now). I do travel with them but always in a case. Guess I need to baby them more

I only buy used handhelds on ebay from Japanese sellers. Only once have I received a used system with any issues. Seller sent me a collector's edition PSP with a bad drive. He paid for return shipping and sent me another one that was in great shape, and knocked off some money for my trouble. The Vitas I have bought from Japan have been flawless, and better than the item description. I enjoy doing business with Japanese sellers since they tend to be pretty honest folks.

I only buy used handhelds on ebay from Japanese sellers. Only once have I received a used system with any issues. Seller sent me a collector's edition PSP with a bad drive. He paid for return shipping and sent me another one that was in great shape, and knocked off some money for my trouble. The Vitas I have bought from Japan have been flawless, and better than the item description. I enjoy doing business with Japanese sellers since they tend to be pretty honest folks.
People over there seem to take care of their of their things. I love buying from Japanese sellers as well.

Stick drift is sadly common in my experience. I’ve replaced several on my Vitas (I have 5 now). I do travel with them but always in a case. Guess I need to baby them more
Yeah, the only stick I've ever had it for was my 360, but reports say that was a common issue as well, and it never got terrible so I never looked for a fix. In the last 6 months, I've been using my Vita pretty regularly, so fingers crossed mine don't have an issue, but not a big deal if it happens. I've swapped cases, and solder modded systems back in the day, so changing an analog stick out shouldn't be an issue.

I figure once I get my Lite, I'll have to swap those out at some point, as I don't think I would bother sending it in, if I could do it myself. But if it ever happens for my son's JC, those will be sent in, as he has an extra set, so he can keep playing while one gets repaired. Since the Lite doesn't have that option, I'd feel better doing it myself, so that way my system doesn't have to get sent in.

i buy used handhelds in person, including the vita. Years ago, I've declined buying about 2 people when seeing their vitas in person. I finally ended up buying a vita from the 3rd person because it was actually mint. He still had the box and everything.

Yes, Japanese used market is equivalent to what Amazon Warehouse's 'like new' product conditions were like during the golden age. It's like dishonorable for them to mishandle their stuff lol.

People over there seem to take care of their of their things. I love buying from Japanese sellers as well.
I'll definitely agree with this. I've bought multiple consoles from the same seller. His prices are pretty average but he typically over estimates how bad the condition is because they have listed something as average but when I inspect it I think it's near-mint. That's just my personal experience so always check the pictures and make your own decision.

I'll definitely agree with this. I've bought multiple consoles from the same seller. His prices are pretty average but he typically over estimates how bad the condition is because they have listed something as average but when I inspect it I think it's near-mint. That's just my personal experience so always check the pictures and make your own decision.
When I read a listing as "minty fresh" I know the condition was over stated.

bread's done
Back