PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I’m still missing my Twin Breaker Vita copy. PS4 one arrived a couple weeks ago. Don’t know if it’s stuck in curtains or lost forever since the tracking data typically ends once it gets to the US
I am waiting for a copy of Romancing Saga 3 for Switch I ordered when it was weekly deal. It shipped on 6/8.

Also waiting on Twin Breaker still. Received Emma and Demon's Tier, both of which shipped afterward. Contacted support, they're doing a "missing item investigation" before they'll offer me a replacement.

Also got my Arcade Distillery games from Luc today, no shipping notification or anything. Kinda expected they'd never arrive TBH.

got my copy of twin breaker about a month ago i didn't get any updates on the usps web site after the last update from the trakeing page playasia gives you (postnl) same thing happen with my copy of emma 

My Twin Breaker finally arrived yesterday. The tracking indicated that it arrived in the country of destination on 6/9 and stopped there. I'm guessing it caught up in customs clearancing.

My Twin Breaker finally arrived yesterday. The tracking indicated that it arrived in the country of destination on 6/9 and stopped there. I'm guessing it caught up in customs clearancing.
Don't know how other countries handle the tracking, but in the US it only tracks until it gets here, and then nothing more. Customs can release a package within 24hrs, or 4 weeks or more, and it just depends. Now with Covid, I can only imagine how bad inspections have gotten, or how long delays may take.

Finally got Twin Breaker yesterday. It took longer to get here than most stuff I order from PA.

Glad that PA is offering two Vita games at once like they have done sometimes in the past. Should help a little in cutting down on shipping fees. I'm going to miss the days of the $3 off coupon codes plus free shipping.

Don't know how other countries handle the tracking, but in the US it only tracks until it gets here, and then nothing more. Customs can release a package within 24hrs, or 4 weeks or more, and it just depends. Now with Covid, I can only imagine how bad inspections have gotten, or how long delays may take.
With any other package from Play-Asia that was shipped by Post NL, including recent ones, I would see when it hits ISC, leaves ISC and moves on to my local post office. However, Twin Breaker for some reason had limited tracking and just stopped once it entered USA. It wasn't even marked as delivered.

With any other package from Play-Asia that was shipped by Post NL, including recent ones, I would see when it hits ISC, leaves ISC and moves on to my local post office. However, Twin Breaker for some reason had limited tracking and just stopped once it entered USA. It wasn't even marked as delivered.
Yeah, that was actually true in regards to my packages as well, but since it's not officially in the US until it clears, I just included in the "before" it reaches the us(technically speaking, it's here though). I have also had many packages arrive that didn't update properly in regards to showing delivered, but that's typical of the PO in general(even domestic packages at times). Even when tracking is not 100% in regards to what can be seen through USPS system at any given time, but they will often have records that aren't accessible by the public within their records, so it's not normally an issue.

With Vita titles drying up everywhere, I'm surprised these are still in stock. I bought all 6 during a previous sale, but apparently could've waited for better prices (at least for all but Demetrios)

the last time I ordered some thing from them was back in may of 2019 and they charged €10.00 EUR for 6 vita games
I paid €17 for 7 vita games. One thing that annoys me is they charge international orders VAT but you see the price without VAT in the invoice.

There's one more LRG Vita game, right? I'm drawing a blank but seem to recall another title showed up in some blind boxes.

I ordered just Xeno Crisis and used my $6 in coins balance for a extra discount. I forgot about coupon codes so I'm not sure if they stack.  I will try next time I place an order as I have more coins pending in my account.

None of the $3 off codes work anymore? I'm hoping VGPC gets Xeno.

Edit: They actually have it but it's more expensive. ~$44 USD shipped.

I had $8.50 in coins and $3.50 with the code put it back to ~$68.xx so basically what it was before shipping. Coins and codes do stack. I am looking forward to the soccer rpg hope it is good. Still no twin breakers for me.

None of the $3 off codes work anymore? I'm hoping VGPC gets Xeno.

Edit: They actually have it but it's more expensive. ~$44 USD shipped.
I was excited to see vgp get some of these releases, but the reality is they need to make money too and it is generally the same as going through the "original" company even if there is free shipping.

Thanks for this. I forgot to use coupon during checkout and CS is going to credit me the discount amount
Appreciate your mentioning this. Was distracted and forgot to put in code. CS credited me $3.50. Took some of the bite out of shipping.

I think Super Meat Boy will be a blood bath with way too low of a print run since PS Vita carts have been thinning out for awhile now. And it’s a cult classic indie that has brutal difficulty. I know it’s prob not gonna have the beloved OG soundtrack. The Xbox 360 backwards compatible version does though. It didn’t make it over to the PSN version due to licensing issues iirc. But I do hope they go with this same cover. I feel it shouldn’t be any other cover, imo, for this particular game. Obviously the shade of red will always vary a bit, but still.

That PS4 version pictured is a Europe only release iirc. Got it for about $19 bucks shipped off eBay from some UK based seller a few years back.[attachment=34308:0936BCE3-8F2B-4F9C-832D-FAB3FDC923AB.jpeg]

I think Super Meat Boy will be a blood bath with way too low of a print run since PS Vita carts have been thinning out for awhile now. And it’s a cult classic indie that has brutal difficulty. I know it’s prob not gonna have the beloved OG soundtrack. The Xbox 360 backwards compatible version does though. It didn’t make it over to the PSN version due to licensing issues iirc. But I do hope they go with this same cover. I feel it shouldn’t be any other cover, imo, for this particular game. Obviously the shade of red will always vary a bit, but still.

That PS4 version pictured is a Europe only release iirc. Got it for about $19 bucks shipped off eBay from some UK based seller a few years back.
attachicon.gif
0936BCE3-8F2B-4F9C-832D-FAB3FDC923AB.jpeg
Pretty sure Josh mentioned a while back that they did a larger than normal order on that one because they expected the high demand. They already have the copies in stock but just haven't taken orders yet.

Pretty sure Josh mentioned a while back that they did a larger than normal order on that one because they expected the high demand. They already have the copies in stock but just haven't taken orders yet.
Nice. I hope that ends up being how things pan out for this release. I don’t wanna miss out.

Whooof, one of the very last NA Vita releases. It's gonna be a bloodbath.

I'm playing around with a little Custom Firmware on one of my spare PSTV's. The Vita lives still, in one form or another. And now one of the final commercial releases. End of an era.

Finished setting up CFW on two of my PSTVs, one that I used to keep at my parent's place, and one that I had given to my brother. He's got a kid on the way, and was cleaning up his house. He just got a Switch and handed his old PSTV back to me.

So far, the biggest advantage, BY FAR, of having custom firmware on these things is the ability to use the USB port in the back in conjunction with a thumb drive. No more piddly little 8-gig sticks prone to failure for this Vita gamer, no sir! Now I'm sporting 256 gigs, and dumping tons of my PSN games onto this diminutive system. I also installed the recently released sharp-scaler plugin, and that is pretty keen as well. It lets you take fine-tuned control of how the PSTV handles picture scaling, including options for integer-scaled PSP and PS1 titles. Next on the list I'll be loading an app for disabling whitelisting, so I can FINALLY play the Dracula X Chronicles on my PSTV.

Little update on my Vita CFW experiments...

USB thumb-drives work great. I believe that the PSTV is built without USB 3.0 support, so you're better off sticking to a 2.0 USB drive. A 3.0 drive would likely work, but don't use a 3.1 drive. 3.1 drives often require more electricity. I was NOT able to get an external hard drive working. The specific drive I tested was a 500 GB WD Passport. I'm not sure if its the size, or the power requirements, or the formatting. But experimenting with HDD USB support was a bust. Right now I'm mainly using a 256 GB USB 2.0 Sandisk thumb-drive, and it's working great.

If you aren't content with the number of USB ports on your PSTV (there is only one) you do have the option of using a USB hub. I tested two hubs, one regular and one with independent power. Neither worked with the HDD, but both of them work just fine with the thumb drive. With a hub plugged in, you can register a controller and even charge a controller while accessing the thumb drive at the same time, no problem.

As far as games are concerned, I'm basically able to now do whatever I want with the PSTV. I got a black-list plugin that completely negates any game disabling on the system. Backing up games is quick and easy. Installing homebrew applications and games is also relatively low-maintenance. Right now I'm just seeing how much I can squeeze into the 256 GB I'm working with from my PSN account. Good stuff. If any of you have a PSTV tucked away in a closet from when they were getting cleared out, it might be time to dust it off.

Little update on my Vita CFW experiments...

USB thumb-drives work great. I believe that the PSTV is built without USB 3.0 support, so you're better off sticking to a 2.0 USB drive. A 3.0 drive would likely work, but don't use a 3.1 drive. 3.1 drives often require more electricity. I was NOT able to get an external hard drive working. The specific drive I tested was a 500 GB WD Passport. I'm not sure if its the size, or the power requirements, or the formatting. But experimenting with HDD USB support was a bust. Right now I'm mainly using a 256 GB USB 2.0 Sandisk thumb-drive, and it's working great.

If you aren't content with the number of USB ports on your PSTV (there is only one) you do have the option of using a USB hub. I tested two hubs, one regular and one with independent power. Neither worked with the HDD, but both of them work just fine with the thumb drive. With a hub plugged in, you can register a controller and even charge a controller while accessing the thumb drive at the same time, no problem.

As far as games are concerned, I'm basically able to now do whatever I want with the PSTV. I got a black-list plugin that completely negates any game disabling on the system. Backing up games is quick and easy. Installing homebrew applications and games is also relatively low-maintenance. Right now I'm just seeing how much I can squeeze into the 256 GB I'm working with from my PSN account. Good stuff. If any of you have a PSTV tucked away in a closet from when they were getting cleared out, it might be time to dust it off.
Is this a new hack? I have a pstv... where did you go for instructions?

Is this a new hack?
I'm not going to go in-depth on instructions. There are guides on-line to follow for this sort of thing, and they aren't hard to find. I will mention the black-list plug-in that I'm using, though. It's one called DolcePolce, and was released later last year. As far as Vita homebrew goes, it is fairly new. The sharpscale plug-in that I'm also so fond of was just released earlier this year. A lot of the other stuff I've been crowing about has been around for a while, and has simply gotten more stable and polished over time.

The first step for tending to a PSTV's firmware is to check the current firmware version in the system settings. That will tell you where you need to start in the process, and how far you are likely to get. It helps considerably to have a Vita whose current firmware version is older. Those tend to be easier to hack, and can be modified more thoroughly and conveniently. If your firmware is too modern or currently up-to-date, you might not be able to get the functionality you are hoping for. I just lucked out in that three of the four PSTVs I have on hand were behind on their firmware, and are ideal for this process.

Is this a new hack? I have a pstv... where did you go for instructions?
The Black-list plugin that I'm using is called "DolcePolce". And yes, it is actually fairly recent. The scaling plugin I'm using is called SharpScale, and it only came out this year. I'm not going to provide any specific instructions. A quick google search can and will get you whatever information on this subject you want. It isn't difficult to find in the slightest. The Vita is a quasi-dead platform, so some of the only people interested in this topic are the primary crowd posting information and articles about it as well. All the information you would want to know will be the first to show up in a search.

Over the weekend, I was able to hack all four of the PSTVs I have in my possession, as well as my original model 1000 OLED Vita. The difficulty varies based on the firmware you have installed on your device, but I got all five units set up as desired. I also got an SD card adapter that I'm going to play around with. I'm around 60+ titles deep on backing up, and still have a lot more to handle. (my Vita collecting went fairly well over the years) In another week or so I should be finished. Now that I've got everything in a stable state, there's no particular hurry.

Appreciate that share, no reflection on you but sure seems like Walmart clearance pricing....or has Covid made these prices reasonable?

[attachment=34381:CHASM.jpg]

CHASM for PS Vita is coming to Play-Asia on August 6th at 11AM EST.

Limited to 2500 copies and includes all updates on cart.

Also includes a new stackable trophy list.

$34.99

This is a great game and I am definitely adding this to my Vita collection.

CHASM.jpg

CHASM for PS Vita is coming to Play-Asia on August 6th at 11AM EST.
Limited to 2500 copies and includes all updates on cart.
Also includes a new stackable trophy list.
$34.99

This is a great game and I am definitely adding this to my Vita collection.
Was jumping in to post this, but I was too slow. Not looking forward to $45 after shipping, but I will definately grab this one.

bread's done
Back