PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish I hadn't sold my NGPC game collection when I was flat broke a few years back.  Still have two systems but only 1 game left. 

I loved the NGPC and I had a few different models over the years, as well as a decent sized game collection for it. I bought most of my games at retail, with only a few higher than retail buys, but nothing crazy, or at least that's how I remember it. LOL But like most things, I sold that all off years ago and I didn't get anywhere near the prices listed here, but I sold my stuff long before demand ever reached that level I suppose.

It was a tough system to gauge, especially since people weren't into collecting games like they are now. I just always loved the system, and would link it to my Dreamcast (I still have that cable). I brought it over my PSP to school as my handheld of choice. I had a second, slim model at one point too, but sold it (for the going rate at the time) to quick get cash to pay off an auto bill. I still regret that. 

I never got into the NGPC... wasn't a fan of the library it had at all.  I was more into the GB/GBC/GBA for handheld gaming at that time... and eventually got a game gear and dug into that library.  Ended up not really loving the GG for the long haul as only a few select games even had saves built into the cartridge... which made playing the same game feel tedious.  Still there were some gems on the ole GG... but much better to play those games with other hardware.  Same for Atari Lynx which I never owned but played through the library, including the unreleased games.

I never got into the NGPC... wasn't a fan of the library it had at all. I was more into the GB/GBC/GBA for handheld gaming at that time... and eventually got a game gear and dug into that library. Ended up not really loving the GG for the long haul as only a few select games even had saves built into the cartridge... which made playing the same game feel tedious. Still there were some gems on the ole GG... but much better to play those games with other hardware. Same for Atari Lynx which I never owned but played through the library, including the unreleased games.
Yeah, that makes sense. It's definitely a Neo Geo product; heavy on fighters and shooters, with a few cool, arcade sports games. But goddamn if 'Cardfighters' Clash' is still one of my favorite games ever. 'Sonic Pocket Adventure' is really great too.

I never got into the NGPC... wasn't a fan of the library it had at all. I was more into the GB/GBC/GBA for handheld gaming at that time... and eventually got a game gear and dug into that library. Ended up not really loving the GG for the long haul as only a few select games even had saves built into the cartridge... which made playing the same game feel tedious. Still there were some gems on the ole GG... but much better to play those games with other hardware. Same for Atari Lynx which I never owned but played through the library, including the unreleased games.
Your comment about Game Gear and Lynx games being more fun to play on alternate hardware is spot on. The Lynx is incredible for its ambition, but actually using one is cumbersome at best. The GBA and the NGPC are both great, but not having a backlight is a huge bummer. Handhelds didn't truly figure it all out until the AGS101/DS/PSP days.

I picked up both Lynx collections for the Evercade, and have enjoyed trying the games out. It's the first time I've ever played them.

It's a bit of a bummer, and this relates back to Vita, that just as handhelds were really hitting their stride with tech that the market has mostly evaporated with the exception of Switch. It makes sense, but is still a bummer. But even then, I look at that as more of a portable console rather than a handheld that can be hooked to the TV.

Your comment about Game Gear and Lynx games being more fun to play on alternate hardware is spot on. The Lynx is incredible for its ambition, but actually using one is cumbersome at best. The GBA and the NGPC are both great, but not having a backlight is a huge bummer. Handhelds didn't truly figure it all out until the AGS101/DS/PSP days.
Yeah, I owned most portables at one point or another, and being able to play them elsewhere is probably why I no longer own any of those earlier units. I've found so much "new" life in many of those older titles, as having a better image, controls, sound, etc is a godsend for sure.

I picked up both Lynx collections for the Evercade, and have enjoyed trying the games out. It's the first time I've ever played them.

It's a bit of a bummer, and this relates back to Vita, that just as handhelds were really hitting their stride with tech that the market has mostly evaporated with the exception of Switch. It makes sense, but is still a bummer. But even then, I look at that as more of a portable console rather than a handheld that can be hooked to the TV.
The NGPC will always be one of my favs of the period, for no other reason the the "micro switch" style controller, as it allowed for all those fighting games to be played like never before. One of these days I'll need to make a top 10 list of handhelds, as I'm curious were I would rate some of these. While "N" and Sony would probably command the top 5, 6 thru 10 would be were the hard choices would need to be made for sure.

I have two of those gba sp's with the "brighter backlit screen" (AGS101). But before this it took me and a crew of my friends on IGN at the time to import frontlights and show it could be done... with one of the guys getting his frontlight kit to market and sent me one as it was better than what I had imported from france. Many people at that time used my images of the gba circuit board to figure much of that out. I still have my original arctic white gba with the afterburner kit installed. That was partly my contribution to the world of gaming and Nintendo reps watched (as IGN mods kept me and informed) and we posted most everything publicly. Without a doubt the SP with frontlight was born from all of that effort. Good times righting the wrongs of the game industry.

Yeah, PA's quantities of Sense sold out fast. The game has had decent hype ever since the KS, and I think enough people respected the full disclosure that the game doesn't run optimally on the Vita that they still wanted it. I'm already paid up for a copy via KS so didn't mess with buying it from PA today.

Had both models of the Atari Lynx at one point, but sold the original model as the battery life of the original made Game Gear feel like a energy efficient system. The revised Lynx has improved battery life as well as a much nicer overall design. The downside though was that the original model was cleverly designed to be playable by both Left and Right handed people, a innovation I wish had continued seeing as I am left handed. Have never owned many Lynx games though as the system was a rarity even in it's time as a current-gen system, believe I own all of four games for it (all in storage presently).

Sold off all but two of my NGPCs in 2019 to pay bills. Kept my original CIB (US) released system and one JP revised model. It was a system I wanted to shoot for owning all the domestic games for, but that mess with the release of Faselei and near immediate removal of the system and all games from the market screwed that plan up. Next thing you knew all the NGPC games were commanding top dollar. To this day I only own 12 of the 32 US releases, with a mere three of those being CIB. Did pick up the DC link cable a about four years ago cheap, so that's something.

Dreamcast was the first console I made a serious effort at attempting to own all of the domestic releases for, and that served as my proving grounds of sorts for what not to do if you want to own all the games released for a system. Still missing 22 (US) games for the system because I went nuts collecting for it and ended up side-tracking with buying up imports. And when I say I got side-tracked buying imports, I mean to the tune of 133 imported titles. I could have easily bought those other 22 games a couple of times over during that time frame and am now kicking myself as those remaining titles are some of the rarest / highest demand games on the Dreamcast, and now command absurd money.

Like I said, learned my lesson on what not to do when trying to 100% a game library for a system with Dreamcast. Vita has thrown me off because of this insanity with Nicalis and the two games we all know they're sitting on that a few copies of leaked out of Sony into the open market. Are they commercial releases? No, not yet, and maybe not ever. But do they exist? Clearly.

And will likewise chime in my disdain for the way in which LRG has tragically forever changed the physical release game market. It was fun, at first, and then it just became a stressful headache. I can't see myself going out of the way to try collecting games for any of the now modern consoles aside from Vita, and only still with the Vita because I'm so heavily invested in it and determined to see this thru to the bitter end.

And will likewise chime in my disdain for the way in which LRG has tragically forever changed the physical release game market. It was fun, at first, and then it just became a stressful headache. I can't see myself going out of the way to try collecting games for any of the now modern consoles aside from Vita, and only still with the Vita because I'm so heavily invested in it and determined to see this thru to the bitter end.
I hope modern system collectors will just decide to do full "retail sets" and ignore all the limited run garbage.

I hope modern system collectors will just decide to do full "retail sets" and ignore all the limited run garbage.
LRG games are definitely "retail" now between selling certain games through Gamestop, Amazon and Best Buy and most of their releases through various local small video game stores. They also have direct relationships with most of the major publishers. I doubt anyone is going to treat them like they do unlicensed Nintendo games or something like that.

Was doing my weekly checks for discounts on Utawarerumono vita bundle for Mask of Truth/Mask of Deception and the old PSN webstore shows it as missing.  Log in to the Vita store and the games are listed, but it says "No content."  It also says this for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Uncharted Fight For Fortune.  I don't remember if the latter 2 were digital or not, but I don't see why not if they were listed on the Vita store.  I didn't see any mention of the Utawarerumono games being delisted.  Even checked the PS4 store and these 2 Utawarerumono games were delisted too. 

Makes me think that we are SOL on any further discounts on PS3 and Vita games and that there's possible delistings moving forward so if we want to load up on PS3 and Vita games, we're probably going to have to purchase them at full price and soon

Was doing my weekly checks for discounts on Utawarerumono vita bundle for Mask of Truth/Mask of Deception and the old PSN webstore shows it as missing. Log in to the Vita store and the games are listed, but it says "No content." It also says this for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Uncharted Fight For Fortune. I don't remember if the latter 2 were digital or not, but I don't see why not if they were listed on the Vita store. I didn't see any mention of the Utawarerumono games being delisted. Even checked the PS4 store and these 2 Utawarerumono games were delisted too.

Makes me think that we are SOL on any further discounts on PS3 and Vita games and that there's possible delistings moving forward so if we want to load up on PS3 and Vita games, we're probably going to have to purchase them at full price and soon
I was on the Vita store last week and noticed this as well. UMvC3 has a physical release but not Fight for Fortune. I downloaded a couple of PSP games in anticipation of their delisting, as some of those have empty listings on the Vita store too, but it might be worth checking the digital only Vita games and grab them if anyone is even remotely interested.

Sony's disabled the ability for devs/publishers to put PS3/Vita games on sale. It was a change from last year, there were a few people talking about it at the time. If PS4 games are crossbuy with Vita/PS3 then they'll go on sale at the same time, but yeah - aside from that we're SOL on any sales ever again.

Sony's disabled the ability for devs/publishers to put PS3/Vita games on sale. It was a change from last year, there were a few people talking about it at the time. If PS4 games are crossbuy with Vita/PS3 then they'll go on sale at the same time, but yeah - aside from that we're SOL on any sales ever again.
I think the one exception was that they can do a permanent price cut, still? But yeah, I don't see those happening, either.

Yeah I bought PS1 on PS3/Vita games before the web store became terrible. We wont see sales on these anymore other than crossbuy games with PS4.

I saw a reddit post about a Vita game on sale in the last week, I think.

I saw a reddit post about a Vita game on sale in the last week, I think.
Yes, like I noted, crossbuy games can still go on sale if the PS4 version is put on sale. For example, Hotline Miami 1/2 recently went on sale. Since those games are cross-buy, the discount was also applicable to the Vita versions.

WOW that sux! I never knew the ability to put vita/ps3 stuff on sale was gone. I wanted to buy a few games on sale that I got free from PS plus, just in case I ever unsubscribe to keep. Guess that's going to be too costly now. :(

In terms of future sales for older/legacy games on the PS3/Vita PSN stores, does that mean PS1 & PS2 Classic games won’t ever drop in price again? Been waiting for a sale to get Castlevania: Lament of Innocence on my PS3 for less than $5, but I wonder if this latest update to the PlayStation Store kills that possibility.

In terms of future sales for older/legacy games on the PS3/Vita PSN stores, does that mean PS1 & PS2 Classic games won’t ever drop in price again? Been waiting for a sale to get Castlevania: Lament of Innocence on my PS3 for less than $5, but I wonder if this latest update to the PlayStation Store kills that possibility.
The reason we know about the PS3/Vita stuff is because some of the smaller publishers/devs talked about it. Most of the PS1/PSP/PS2 was published by larger companies like Konami or Square Enix, who are probably keeping a tighter lip on things. Notable exception being the PS2-on-PS4 line since those are technically considered PS4 games.

That to say - I assume that those retro games are in the same no-sale situation, but I can't say with the same certainty.

The reason we know about the PS3/Vita stuff is because some of the smaller publishers/devs talked about it. Most of the PS1/PSP/PS2 was published by larger companies like Konami or Square Enix, who are probably keeping a tighter lip on things. Notable exception being the PS2-on-PS4 line since those are technically considered PS4 games.

That to say - I assume that those retro games are in the same no-sale situation, but I can't say with the same certainty.
Appreciate the response. In the meantime, I’ll just keep my notifications on for psprices and twiddle my thumbs until I can make enough time to buy and mount a new TV for my game room that still has component connections and use my PS2 if I feel any nostalgic needs.

Appreciate the response. In the meantime, I’ll just keep my notifications on for psprices and twiddle my thumbs until I can make enough time to buy and mount a new TV for my game room that still has component connections and use my PS2 if I feel any nostalgic needs.

Play-Asia just announced last reprints of the following titles with English options (all Asia versions):

Muramasa Rebirth - $39.99

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (already OOS)

Gundam Breaker 3: Break Edition - $37.99

Soul Sacrifice Delta - $39.99

God of War Collection - $32.99

Dragon Quest Builders - $44.99

Accel World VS. Sword Art Online - $37.99

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force - $47.99

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis - $49.99

Killzone: Mercenary - $29.99

https://www.play-asia.com/search/VitaReprint

Interesting. I didn't know they were doing reprints. Probably a better use for the carts than some of these other release. I have 'Gundam Breaker 3: Break Edition' tied up with my 'UnMetal' preorder. I'd say these are definitely worth it for anyone interested.

Any games y’all recommend getting that are about to be/before they’re delisted?
Do you want recs in general or relating to the Play Asia reprint?

For the latter, they're all very solid pickups IMO, just be aware that these are the Asia English versions and not US versions. If I had to pick a few, Muramasa Rebirth is a must own for everyone, Oreshika is great as well - more on the niche side, between the two 2 action Gundam games, Breaker 3 is probably the better and more accessible one. SD4G is great if you like turn based strategy a la fire emblem/advance wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta is good if you like souls/borne gameplay with some other elements thrown in.

I’m not really sure where to ask this and Google is being uncooperative, so I thought I’d see if anybody here remembers anything about PSP modding. I’m trying to figure out what the differences between the two major custom firmware options (Pro and ME) are. All I’ve been able to pick up from searching is that both are pretty much equally good and it depends on what you want out of them without anyone going into any detail about what each actually excels at.

I’m not really sure where to ask this and Google is being uncooperative, so I thought I’d see if anybody here remembers anything about PSP modding. I’m trying to figure out what the differences between the two major custom firmware options (Pro and ME) are. All I’ve been able to pick up from searching is that both are pretty much equally good and it depends on what you want out of them without anyone going into any detail about what each actually excels at.
IIRC Pro is constant, and ME is one you have to re-run per boot? IDK I know I still have all my files from my PSP modding on my server but I have a VITA now. So other than checking the games every once In a while to scratch an itch I really havent kept up with the scene

IIRC Pro is constant, and ME is one you have to re-run per boot? IDK I know I still have all my files from my PSP modding on my server but I have a VITA now. So other than checking the games every once In a while to scratch an itch I really havent kept up with the scene
Thanks, though they’re both now constant even on the latest official firmware if used in conjunction with a program called Infinity, so there are definitely some differences aside from those. Appreciate the reply, though.

Thanks, though they’re both now constant even on the latest official firmware if used in conjunction with a program called Infinity, so there are definitely some differences aside from those. Appreciate the reply, though.
Ahh sorry its been at least 4 years since Ive even looked into it much. I remember it was pretty easy overall and didnt have much issues with either Pro or ME when I used them. PM me if you need any help with backup files though I still have a bunch from back in the day pre-converted

Do you want recs in general or relating to the Play Asia reprint?

For the latter, they're all very solid pickups IMO, just be aware that these are the Asia English versions and not US versions. If I had to pick a few, Muramasa Rebirth is a must own for everyone, Oreshika is great as well - more on the niche side, between the two 2 action Gundam games, Breaker 3 is probably the better and more accessible one. SD4G is great if you like turn based strategy a la fire emblem/advance wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta is good if you like souls/borne gameplay with some other elements thrown in.
The former but Murumasa was a dope game for sure.

I just got an email from Play Asia that they won't be able to fulfill Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS Force. Don't know if they oversold or if they were wrong about getting a reprint of it.

I just got an email from Play Asia that they won't be able to fulfill Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS Force. Don't know if they oversold or if they were wrong about getting a reprint of it.
Probably oversold. When I ordered some games during their black Friday free shipping sale I got the same response despite the games I bought still being 'available' and purchasable on the website when I got the email.

I wasn't able to get Gundam Breakers 3 on my Vita at one time as well with that message. Just ordered on the PS4 at a later time, which likely is better for an action game like this. Just saying I'm not super in love with the Vita joysticks is all.

bread's done
Back