PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't able to get Gundam Breakers 3 on my Vita at one time as well with that message. Just ordered on the PS4 at a later time, which likely is better for an action game like this. Just saying I'm not super in love with the Vita joysticks is all.
Joysticks and proprietary cards are the only pitfalls to it imo, but they are BIG pitfalls.

I agree. Though I wonder what digital exclusive great games are left to produce?

The one game on vita, that I can think of, that I really wanted physical that never happened was Fez.
There's plenty of older games, yeah, but eastasiasoft seems to be focusing on new releases. By default they're less ideal. And I always feel bad saying that because people still put a lot of time and effort into them (supposedly).

I agree. Though I wonder what digital exclusive great games are left to produce?

The one game on vita, that I can think of, that I really wanted physical that never happened was Fez.
Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Garou, Hotline Miami 2 (1 is technically in English on the JP cart), TxK, Helldivers, Persona 3/5 Dancing (JP carts don't have English), Jet Set Radio, Adventures of Mana, Pixeljunk, some of the Atelier games... There's a lot that they could do, but these new games are mostly published by EAS already and much, much easier/cheaper to license out.

Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Garou, Hotline Miami 2 (1 is technically in English on the JP cart), TxK, Helldivers, Persona 3/5 Dancing (JP carts don't have English), Jet Set Radio, Adventures of Mana, Pixeljunk, some of the Atelier games... There's a lot that they could do, but these new games are mostly published by EAS already and much, much easier/cheaper to license out.
I would love to see some of the old adventure games get a physical release on vita.
Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle.

Yeah there were some other digital only games left.  Some of those got released physically on other systems... others didn't.  I think Fez was just the only one that I really wanted.   I enjoy adventure games but kind of prefer them on PC.  IF possible, original versions and then run them through scummvm.

I don't think eastasiasoft has released a single good vita game. they are wasting all the carts left with games nobody wants.

eastasiasoft released 'Severed,' which is a good game. I also got 'Fast Striker' by them to support the devs, but 'Fast Striker' is better on Dreamcast ;-). I kind of wish I had gotten that soccer RTS they published, because I heard that was good though really niche. But, yeah, that's a small amount of good ones compared to how many they released.

Yeah, I can think of a few games I personally liked (Reverie, Severed, Xeno Crisis, Root Double) but a lot of their output has been questionable. They're definitely just publishing stuff to pull in easy money from the collector's crowd instead of publishing/preserving worthwhile games at this point.

If we are talking about unlocalized stuff then tales of innocence r, trails of azure and trails of zero sound the most deserving off the top of my head.

If we are talking about unlocalized stuff then tales of innocence r, trails of azure and trails of zero sound the most deserving off the top of my head.
Tons of good unlocalized Vita stuff, and Tales would be my #1 choice as well. But as far as I know EAS hasn't done any actual localization for their games, just printed/published stuff that was already in English.

I know this is the Vita thread but, does anyone know a good place to buy replacement PSP Batteries? If so which would you recommend?
All the good genuine ones are rare and likely dead. Just buy one (or a few) from a place with a good replacement policy and keep an eye on it when you use it.

So it looks like after 4 years, Sharin No Kuni on Vita isn't happening... the canceled the digital and physical release per the KS update. What a train wreak of a project but at least they're offering people a refund. I haven't had time to read all the details in the email yet but I guess it's the 2nd best option people could hope for. 

So it looks like after 4 years, Sharin No Kuni on Vita isn't happening... the canceled the digital and physical release per the KS update. What a train wreak of a project but at least they're offering people a refund. I haven't had time to read all the details in the email yet but I guess it's the 2nd best option people could hope for.
that good at least they are giving out a refund some KS after that long of time your SOL if they cancel a part or all of the project

Sounds like one of the teams they handed the Vita portion over to dropped the ball big time, and the Vita version ended up being a complete buggy mess. It seems like they are being as transparent as possible. Sucks that the Vita version is cancelled. As a backer, I am cool with being offered a refund. They can't really do any better than that given what happened.

Sounds like one of the teams they handed the Vita portion over to dropped the ball big time, and the Vita version ended up being a complete buggy mess. It seems like they are being as transparent as possible. Sucks that the Vita version is cancelled. As a backer, I am cool with being offered a refund. They can't really do any better than that given what happened.
Oh yeah, I believe you're right. I think when the project started, the team handling the Vita version botched it after working on it for like 1-2 years, and then the main team had to take over and were then behind.

Sucks, I was looking forward to this but they have at least been transparent and said they'll offer a refund.

Oh yeah, I believe you're right. I think when the project started, the team handling the Vita version botched it after working on it for like 1-2 years, and then the main team had to take over and were then behind.

Sucks, I was looking forward to this but they have at least been transparent and said they'll offer a refund.
They said they'd offer a refund, but then mentioned that if your credit card expired in the meantime, they had no way to give you a refund. I can't imagine there are any credit cards that haven't expired in four years. I also disagree that they have been transparent. They have essentially been giving false game progress percentages for at least two years now and simply stringing people along.

They said they'd offer a refund, but then mentioned that if your credit card expired in the meantime, they had no way to give you a refund. I can't imagine there are any credit cards that haven't expired in four years. I also disagree that they have been transparent. They have essentially been giving false game progress percentages for at least two years now and simply stringing people along.
fuck, I didn't notice that... and yup, my CC is long expired. Esp since around 2016, I think, they introduced that requirement where all credit cards started getting that chip so it's likely nobody is gonna get a full refund... though my credit card is the same outside of the expiration date.

fuck, I didn't notice that... and yup, my CC is long expired. Esp since around 2016, I think, they introduced that requirement where all credit cards started getting that chip so it's likely nobody is gonna get a full refund... though my credit card is the same outside of the expiration date.
Yeah, I just posted a comment to their KS page, as my CC expired back in 2018, and hell, I don't even recognize the last 4 digits, so that card is probably long gone. So I requested an option for Paypal, as my email associated with my KS account is the same as my Paypal one, so I see no reason refunds can't be issued that way? Even if there is a small fee for doing so, I'm happy to have it deducted from my total, so long as I get my full refund at some point.

Them stating a refund can't be issued is complete and utter BS, but I won't be surprised if that's the stance they take when all is said and done :dunce:

Yeah, I just posted a comment to their KS page, as my CC expired back in 2018, and hell, I don't even recognize the last 4 digits, so that card is probably long gone. So I requested an option for Paypal, as my email associated with my KS account is the same as my Paypal one, so I see no reason refunds can't be issued that way? Even if there is a small fee for doing so, I'm happy to have it deducted from my total, so long as I get my full refund at some point.

Them stating a refund can't be issued is complete and utter BS, but I won't be surprised if that's the stance they take when all is said and done :dunce:
Oh for sure... you have to think, they incurred these costs and likely already paid that third party. I can't find it but one of the comments from the project member (I think) noted they were just following what the Vita developer was saying and I was just like... WTF? That's still your fault, you decided to take their word for it.

Yeah, same boat. Card has definitely expired since then. I would still prefer a refund at this point so hopefully there is a way to work it out that doesn't drown them in manual support tickets.

Oh for sure... you have to think, they incurred these costs and likely already paid that third party. I can't find it but one of the comments from the project member (I think) noted they were just following what the Vita developer was saying and I was just like... WTF? That's still your fault, you decided to take their word for it.
Yeah, this just appears to be the excuse they have decided to hang their hat on, and it's the equivalent of the dog ate my homework.

Sadly, I'm not holding my breath for a refund at this point. If this was the best they could come up with after all this time, expecting them to come through with a refund would full on fall under the "fool me once, shame on you...........". Expecting a company who pissed away 4-5 years doing god only knows what, is now magically going to pull their head from said a$$ and make this right, is probably not to likely to happen.

Reading the comments on KS, I saw that this went unfunded the first time, until they added the Vita version, and now that's the one that goes undone? Text book bait & switch, but we all live and learn I guess. About a month ago, some guy ported the first level of Cuphead to the Vita, and it's spot on, maybe they should have hired that guy, or someone from the fan translation community, as anyone could have done a better job than this.

They had no intention of ever giving refunds if they were basing it on your credit card not being expired.  They took your money so long ago and everyone got new chip cards by then.  They just wanted to make it look like they were actually putting an effort in to get people's money back.  Pretty shameful actually.  At least I know a company and people I will never support with my money again.

What are the best games available for cross buy on the PSN store right now? Should I wait for a potential sale on any of them or just splurge for whatever I want considering how expensive physical Vita carts are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the best games available for cross buy on the PSN store right now? Should I wait for a potential sale on any of them or just splurge for whatever I want considering how expensive physical Vita carts are?

Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2
Axiom Verge
Chasm
Cosmic Star Heroine
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Deadbolt
Darkest Dungeon
Downwell
Don’t Starve
Fez
Iconoclasts
Lichtspeer
mercenary kings
Olli olli
Olli olli 2
Pixel junk Shooter
Risk of Rain
Rogue Legacy
Reverie
Shovel Knight
Shu
Steamworld Dig
Steamworld Dig 2
Steamworld Heist
Stardew Valley
Super Meat Boy
Timespinner
Titan Souls
Unepic
Velocity 2X
Volgar the Viking
Xeodrifter

These are my favorites.

Sharin no Kuni sent out an email with a link to a survey, in it you are able to indicate that your card isn't valid and supply a PayPal account instead.

Sharin no Kuni sent out an email with a link to a survey, in it you are able to indicate that your card isn't valid and supply a PayPal account instead.
Thanks for the heads up, as my email had gone to my junk folder(perfect place for it), so I just filled it out. I figured the sooner I get in line, the better my odds of actually seeing a refund at some point, but I'll believe it when I see it!

Ys Origin, KOF 97, Last Blade 2 (I believe). If you find the old PSN site, they have an option to just show the cross-plat games.

from the SkullPirates - A piratey action-RPG by Arcade Distillery kickstarter 

The game got approved for PS Vita in December in QA. So now we are just waiting until East Asia Soft prints them, they have a bunch of other PS Vita titles also planned from other developers, and since it's the last PS Vita batch we don't have a date yet. But as soon as they print them, and we receive them we will send them out.

I know this is the Vita thread but, does anyone know a good place to buy replacement PSP Batteries? If so which would you recommend?
This may be getting too deep, but if you take the original oem dead batteries and solder the chips in them to any knock off third party lithium batteries, they last a lot longer and arnt as shit.

I’ve done this to a few of mine.

Just open the knockoff one. Desolder the lithium battery and solder it to the official “charging chip” of the oem one. (After desoldering the old dead lithium battery off it)

Here are a few more good deals that started today on some cross buy games for vita.

Iconoclasts $5.99

Undertale $8.99 with PS Plus

Slain: Back From Hell $3.74

Neon Chrome $4.49

Crypt Of The Necrodancer $2.99

Steamworld Dig $2.49
Steamworld Heist $3.74

Downwell $.99
The Bridge $.99 with PS Plus

Hue $2.24

Instant Indie Collection: Vol. 2 $1.24 with PS Plus (Contains The Swindle, Nova-111 and Pumped BMX +)
Thomas Was Alone $1.49

Titan Souls $2.99

Super Time Force Ultra $2.24
Pixel Junk Ultimate Shooter $2.99
Spelunky $4.49
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty $4.99

There are more cross buy games available too but these are the stand out games in my opinion.

Here are a few more good deals that started today on some cross buy games for vita.

Iconoclasts $5.99

Undertale $8.99 with PS Plus

Slain: Back From Hell $3.74

Neon Chrome $4.49

Crypt Of The Necrodancer $2.99

Steamworld Dig $2.49
Steamworld Heist $3.74

Downwell $.99
The Bridge $.99 with PS Plus

Hue $2.24

Instant Indie Collection: Vol. 2 $1.24 with PS Plus (Contains The Swindle, Nova-111 and Pumped BMX +)
Thomas Was Alone $1.49

Titan Souls $2.99

Super Time Force Ultra $2.24
Pixel Junk Ultimate Shooter $2.99
Spelunky $4.49
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty $4.99

There are more cross buy games available too but these are the stand out games in my opinion.
Out of curiosity, how do you find out about these deals? The PS store is crap. Is there a website that does a good job flagging which titles are cross-buy?

Out of curiosity, how do you find out about these deals? The PS store is crap. Is there a website that does a good job flagging which titles are cross-buy?
Not really anymore. PSprices.com is a good resource.
Personally I'm very knowledgeable with what games are cross buy on the vita.
I have purchased, received for free with PS Plus or have some of these games in my vita collection.

Out of the games listed the only one I don't own is the Bridge and I've been meaning to buy it for a while.
So I may finally pick it up for $.99

This is a pretty good list of Cross Buy, Cross Play and Cross Save games for Vita/PS3/PS4.

Not really anymore. PSprices.com is a good resource.
Personally I'm very knowledgeable with what games are cross buy on the vita.
I have purchased, received for free with PS Plus or have some of these games in my vita collection.

Out of the games listed the only one I don't own is the Bridge and I've been meaning to buy it for a while.
So I may finally pick it up for $.99

This is a pretty good list of Cross Buy, Cross Play and Cross Save games for Vita/PS3/PS4.
Thanks for the list, I'm tempted by Crypt of the Necrodancer, but I'm planning to pick up Cadence of Hyrule at some point. Are the two games standalone, or does CoH contain the base CotN game as well?

I got the Bridge on PS+ and would say it's not worth the $.99

I played it about halfway through before I dropped it completely. The puzzles are unique and fun, but IIRC the difficulty curves upwards a lot once there are other movement mechanics introduced, for me anyway. May be better as a mobile game as a time killer every once in a while, but I wouldn't waste the money to play it on a console.

Wow. I'm extremely tempted by that Indie Collection 2.
Swindle and Nova are worth more than the $1.24 alone. Definitely worth at this price.

Thanks for the list, I'm tempted by Crypt of the Necrodancer, but I'm planning to pick up Cadence of Hyrule at some point. Are the two games standalone, or does CoH contain the base CotN game as well?

I got the Bridge on PS+ and would say it's not worth the $.99

I played it about halfway through before I dropped it completely. The puzzles are unique and fun, but IIRC the difficulty curves upwards a lot once there are other movement mechanics introduced, for me anyway. May be better as a mobile game as a time killer every once in a while, but I wouldn't waste the money to play it on a console.

Swindle and Nova are worth more than the $1.24 alone. Definitely worth at this price.
Thanks for mentioning that the Bridge was on PS Plus. Looks like I already have it.

Crypt of the Necrodancer is a stand alone game that came out years before Cadence of Hyrule.

The only similar things between the two games is the gameplay. Both games are challenging but

Crypt of the Necrodancer is definitely more difficult than Cadence of Hyrule.
Necrodancer is a rogue lite with progression and unlocks and Cadence of Hyrule is more a story driven game.

Cadence of Hyrule also has more forgiving difficulty settings for the game.

Thanks for mentioning that the Bridge was on PS Plus. Looks like I already have it.

Crypt of the Necrodancer is a stand alone game that came out years before Cadence of Hyrule.

The only similar things between the two games is the gameplay. Both games are challenging but

Crypt of the Necrodancer is definitely more difficult than Cadence of Hyrule.
Necrodancer is a rogue lite with progression and unlocks and Cadence of Hyrule is more a story driven game.

Cadence of Hyrule also has more forgiving difficulty settings for the game.
Cool thanks! I feel like I have looked into this before, but I always forget after a while and not purchasing either.

bread's done
Back