PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Skull Smash GO! 2 Turbo is a good game. I bought the digital copy years ago and enjoyed it.

If this has a new trophy list I may consider it.

Super Skull Smash GO! 2 Turbo is a good game. I bought the digital copy years ago and enjoyed it.

If this has a new trophy list I may consider it.
I'm pretty sure every single Play Exclusive has gotten a separate trophy list because they're technically Asian versions.

The game being good is fine, but would you pay $40+ after shipping for it when its "MSRP" on PSN is $10?

I'm pretty sure every single Play Exclusive has gotten a separate trophy list because they're technically Asian versions.

The game being good is fine, but would you pay $40+ after shipping for it when its "MSRP" on PSN is $10?
One game I know didn't get a new trophy list was Severed and I was always disappointed by that.
I'm not sure if I'm going to get Super Skull Smash GO! 2 Turbo yet but I'm looking forward to Scourgebringer in April.

That game is excellent. I hope they printed a bunch of copies of it.

One game I know didn't get a new trophy list was Severed and I was always disappointed by that.
I'm not sure if I'm going to get Super Skull Smash GO! 2 Turbo yet but I'm looking forward to Scourgebringer in April.

That game is excellent. I hope they printed a bunch of copies of it.
Good point about Severed--I had forgotten about that. I'm also excited for Scourgebringer.

I say this every month when EAS inevitably finds two more games to put on cart, but surely we must be nearing the end here. I know Skullpirates and Scourgebringer are slated for EAS releases, but IIRC we're past the cut-off for physical submissions and nearing the cut-off for cart availability.

EAS releases were cool for a while, but we've hit the point where a decent chunk of the releases are shovelware they're conveniently also publishing digitally.

I say this every month when EAS inevitably finds two more games to put on cart, but surely we must be nearing the end here. I know Skullpirates and Scourgebringer are slated for EAS releases, but IIRC we're past the cut-off for physical submissions and nearing the cut-off for cart availability.

EAS releases were cool for a while, but we've hit the point where a decent chunk of the releases are shovelware they're conveniently also publishing digitally.
I concur. It has been real hit and miss with the EAS releases. Even many of the games that I find enjoyable to play can be had for a couple bucks off PSN on sale. I definitely appreciate that EAS has tried to continue releasing physical Vita games, but paying $35 plus shipping for a game I can finish in an hour or two is getting tedious. I keep buying them since I have a complete Vita collection, but at this point I will be relieved when cart production ends. I would feel differently if they were releasing some of the better digital-only releases, but that has not been happening for the majority of their releases. Overpriced, sometimes fun, little diversions have become the norm.

Not really.. I see cart only on eStarland for $48 at best.

Cart only on eBay is $60+, same for Amazon third party sellers.

eStarland is free shipping for used games over a low amount too.

Dang thanks for the response , I guess digital is the way to go
Better hurry. The Vita store is rumored to be set to shut down on August 27. They may allow you to download purchased games for longer, but they'll eventually shut that down too.

You can use the Content Manager app on Windows/Mac to back up and restore your purchases, so you at least have a way to keep using your digital games if your memory card gets corrupted. After that, the only way (aside from physical carts) will be softmodding and piracy.

I still need to check if Content Manager even works in a post MacOS 10.15 world.
There's an fan-made version of Content Manager called QCMA that works much better and works fine with non-modded Vitas. Even the current version of CMA on Windows is borked because Sony didn't include C++ distributables in their build.

I don't know which Mac OS versions it works with specifically, but it's worth a shot if CMA ends up being a dead end.

I’ve slowly been unloading my vita collection on eBay a few games a month. Probably going to sit on them for a few months after the shutdown news.

Given the bubble we're in with this news it's pretty tempting to liquidate my full set, but at the same time, selling on the internet's kind of a nightmare anymore. Decisions, decisions.

I’ve slowly been unloading my vita collection on eBay a few games a month. Probably going to sit on them for a few months after the shutdown news.
If you have any interest in playing any of those games in the future, I'd hang on to them.

Physical Vita games have already been skyrocketing. I can only imagine how much higher they're going to go now that the online store is confirmed to be shutting down.

Given the bubble we're in with this news it's pretty tempting to liquidate my full set, but at the same time, selling on the internet's kind of a nightmare anymore. Decisions, decisions.
Yeah, I dread taking the time to sell off the physical vita games (and other games) I have been looking to unload. I'm not going for a clean sweep of the collection... but a large chunk of stuff can go.

Just a reminder to everyone, this game has been delisted from the PSN store so I'd recommend jumping on this Amazon listing
It's a great game - probably my 2nd favorite visual novel. I just don't know why it's tweet/newsworthy as that product been available on amazon for some time at that price, even months after the game's been delisted.

Is there a known cut off point for Asian cart production? I’ve noticed the majority of outstanding Play-Asia Play Exclusives have shipped in the past few weeks.

That's because its the second one. Mask of deception is the expensive one that seems to have a smaller print than the second games and thus goes for more on ps4 and vita apparently.  edit fixed the name error. deception is the first game and truth is the second. 

That's because its the second one. Mask of truth is the expensive one that seems to have a smaller print than the second games and thus goes for more on ps4 and vita apparently.
It doesn't make sense to print more copies of the second game when it is a direct sequel and requires you to play the first game. Most likely people have no reason to start the second game unless they completed the first game.

It doesn't make sense to print more copies of the second game when it is a direct sequel and requires you to play the first game. Most likely people have no reason to start the second game unless they completed the first game.
You could probably play it without playing the first given that the important story bits are given flash backs. One shouldn't but it's whatever. As for why they'd increase the number of copies maybe because the original sold better than expectations and that so many digital copies sold in sales on psn?

I was thinking about this with the Trails oCS quadrilogy. It must be something like they print the same number but demand drops because not as many people actually played the first and want the sequel. You’d expect a sort of diminishing returns and that print runs would logically get lower. Maybe I’m overthinking it.

It doesn't make sense to print more copies of the second game when it is a direct sequel and requires you to play the first game.
Sense or not, that's exactly what happened with Deception & Truth. Truth both printed and sold significantly more copies than Deception. Another factor involved is that Deception was available digitally when Truth was being printed.

I was thinking about this with the Trails oCS quadrilogy. It must be something like they print the same number but demand drops because not as many people actually played the first and want the sequel. You’d expect a sort of diminishing returns and that print runs would logically get lower. Maybe I’m overthinking it.
I imagine it has to do with a lot of metrics that we don't directly see. For example, if Game 1 sells 3x more copies physical than digital, when you release Game 2 you may want to release a greater number of physical copies to suit the demand and buying habits (this is probably especially true for RPGS or Digital Novels, where they have weird little pack-ins). Likewise we may actually have the same number of physical copies of both, but folks switched to digital after Game 1 (or with Game 1) due to limited physical availability or a better price. You can also start looking at folks importing copies from other regions to get the game in advance, throwing off the "local" production numbers, look at more current market trends, etc etc.

At the end of the day, there are a bunch of factors, with several that consumers don't see, which drive the production numbers of physical games.

Sense or not, that's exactly what happened with Deception & Truth. Truth was both printed and sold significantly more copies than Deception. Another factor involved is that Deception was available digitally when Truth was being printed.

The uncommon factor in that example is that 1-2 had a completely different localization and publisher here in NA. Regardless. I expect NISA's physical copies of III and IV to eventually become scarce as well.

It may be just a reflection of sell through speed on the trails games. But I don’t usually pay attention to this stuff until things look scarce so 3 and 4 may be selling way faster.

cold steel is weird since the first 2 games got lots of copies except on ps4 which sold out for whatever reason.

Weird that it's been taken off PSN for Vita and PS4, but it's still listed on Steam.
And only the na license for psn expired from what I recall as other people were linking to the other region psns where it was still available. Though I don't think any of them were in english.

Sense or not, that's exactly what happened with Deception & Truth. Truth was both printed and sold significantly more copies than Deception. Another factor involved is that Deception was available digitally when Truth was being printed.

The uncommon factor in that example is that 1-2 had a completely different localization and publisher here in NA. Regardless. I expect NISA's physical copies of III and IV to eventually become scarce as well.
I don't think 3 and 4 will become scarce or they already would have by now. They seem to have plenty of copies for those for whatever reason. They might go scarce on the switch though since switch tax and higher desirability for that platform and all.

It may be just a reflection of sell through speed on the trails games. But I don’t usually pay attention to this stuff until things look scarce so 3 and 4 may be selling way faster.
I mean 4 ps4 could possibly sell through before it drops below 40 but I don't know if it will as it's been sitting at that price for a couple months now. Cold steel 3 ps4 sold for 15 at one point (which is how I got my copy) so if it didn't sell out after that then I don't think it will.

cold steel is weird since the first 2 games got lots of copies except on ps4 which sold out for whatever reason.
It s funny because I was waiting for a decent sale on the physical for Cold Steel 2 on vita and I waited too long to pick it up and it just vanished from every store I had it on my wishlist. Now it goes for about $100 on vita. I was going to buy it about two years ago for $29.99 I decided to wait and see if it would get any cheaper and I should have bought it then.

It is the only game missing from my collection that I would like to have besides whenever Limited Run decides to release Super Meat Boy. Which will probably be impossible to get and piss me off. I missed out on Papers, Please from LRG and it is the only vita game I wanted from them that I missed.

I will be buying Scourgebringer from Play-Asia and I wish they would just let us know what other games they are planning on releasing this year for vita since they announced the store closing. Its been hit or miss with them lately but I'm sure they have a few good ones left to release.

It s funny because I was waiting a decent sale on the physical for Cold Steel 2 on vita and I waited too long to pick it up and it just vanished from every store I had it on my wishlist. Now it goes for about $100 on vita. I was going to buy it about two years ago for $29.99 I decided to wait and see if it would get any cheaper and I should have bought it then.

It is the only game missing from my collection that I would like to have besides whenever Limited Run decides to release Super Meat Boy. Which will probably be impossible to get and piss me off. I missed out on Papers, Please from LRG and it is the only vita game I wanted from them that I missed.

I will be buying Scourgebringer from Play-Asia and I wish they would just let us know what other games they are planning on releasing this year for vita since they announced the store closing. Its been hit or miss with them lately but I'm sure they have a few good ones let to release.
Should have bought it at launch from crunchyroll. They sold it for 27 at launch and 37 for the special edition iirc on vita and the ps3 versions were 37 and 47. I still regret not paying the extra 10 for the ps3 versions.

And only the na license for psn expired from what I recall as other people were linking to the other region psns where it was still available. Though I don't think any of them were in english.

I don't think 3 and 4 will become scarce or they already would have by now. They seem to have plenty of copies for those for whatever reason. They might go scarce on the switch though since switch tax and higher desirability for that platform and all.

I mean 4 ps4 could possibly sell through before it drops below 40 but I don't know if it will as it's been sitting at that price for a couple months now. Cold steel 3 ps4 sold for 15 at one point (which is how I got my copy) so if it didn't sell out after that then I don't think it will.
Cold Steel 1 & 2 were published by XSEED and 3 & 4 are published by NISA. NISA doesn't have a great track record for keeping games in print (see Prelude to the Fallen or Disaster Report). I wouldn't hold off too long on them if you want copies of 3 & 4.

Cold Steel 1 & 2 were published by XSEED and 3 & 4 are published by NISA. NISA doesn't have a great track record for keeping games in print (see Prelude to the Fallen or Disaster Report). I wouldn't hold off too long on them if you want copies of 3 & 4.
And notice that cold steel 1 and 2 ps4 is the one out of print not cold steel 3 and 4. Like with any video game it's completely random on what goes out of print and what doesn't. Some publishers and series are a bit more predictable but it is still almost never a sure thing for certain.

You also missed the part where I mentioned I already own cs3 despite quoting me. 4 is the one I don't own yet. And I'll probably wait it out for a further price drop on that. Assuming I do somehow miss out on the ps4 version I can just get the switch version barring it goes out of stock.

And notice that cold steel 1 and 2 ps4 is the one out of print not cold steel 3 and 4. Like with any video game it's completely random on what goes out of print and what doesn't. Some publishers and series are a bit more predictable but it is still almost never a sure thing for certain.

You also missed the part where I mentioned I already own cs3 despite quoting me. 4 is the one I don't own yet. And I'll probably wait it out for a further price drop on that. Assuming I do somehow miss out on the ps4 version I can just get the switch version barring it goes out of stock.
You're free to extrapolate and apply the information as you see fit. I'm just providing some context for why there's disparity between the releases and pointing out a trend in NISA's publishing history for the broader audience of the forum.

Also noteworthy - Cold Steel 1 and 2 are getting Switch ports in Japan this year. While localization hasn't been confirmed, I'd wager it's likely considering the growing western audience. If anyone's having a hard time biting the bullet on current aftermarket prices for 1/2 and isn't in a hurry to play it may be worth waiting to see what happens.

bread's done
Back