PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nice to see Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 on vita have held their value well.
Kicking myself for not picking up these Xseed releases on PS4. During the PSP, Vita and PS3 releases, I was able to find basically every Xseed game for under 50% MSRP and figured PS4 would be the same but nope, blinked and they all disappeared. I knew production would be lower this gen but also figured interest in physical copies would wane too meaning they would still go on sale but now it seems like that's not the case. Prob made worse with Sony saying they're closing all their stores and with the PS5 being bc, physical games are useful again even if they close the PS4 store/your PS4 breaks.

You're free to extrapolate and apply the information as you see fit. I'm just providing some context for why there's disparity between the releases and pointing out a trend in NISA's publishing history for the broader audience of the forum.

Also noteworthy - Cold Steel 1 and 2 are getting Switch ports in Japan this year. While localization hasn't been confirmed, I'd wager it's likely considering the growing western audience. If anyone's having a hard time biting the bullet on current aftermarket prices for 1/2 and isn't in a hurry to play it may be worth waiting to see what happens.
It was a matter of time for the switch ports of the others after they did 3 and are going to release 4 soon this month iirc. But yeah since they haven't announced it yet it's 5050 on whether they are localized or not.

And you are free to omit the fact that despite nisa being typically the ones with lower prints their versions are the ones in stock while xseed are not.

Sure nisa Ys titles go out of stock quickly since they started handling that series but that's neither here nor there given that the pattern is not applying to the trails series as of yet. Cold steel 4 is 5 months after release on ps4 and is still in stock. CS3 ps4 already over a year.

So again it's very ymmv on what does an does not go out of stock quickly. Platform and publishers certainly do matter for taking into consideration but it is not set in stone.

I will agree that going for cs3 ps4 that it's unlikely to go lower barring a gamestop 50% off promo so now is a good time to pick it up.

figured PS4 would be the same but nope, blinked and they all disappeared.
Yeah, playing the market for deals is a bit of a gamble if it's something you really want. With the switch, I opted to not take too many chances with my favorite franchises and games that I wanted that ticked a lot of boxes but would likely get low print. I just bought at or near launch with whatever discounts were available. So far I haven't had to buy many of them at full retail and it's helped me not feel like I need to pay as close attention to sales since I already own most of what I actually want the most.

I'd probably pick up Utawarerumono: Zan for :ps4: soon since it's been out for almost 3 years already. I just picked up mine the other day since I didn't have it yet and it was a decent price before it goes up.

And you are free to omit the fact that despite nisa being typically the ones with lower prints their versions are the ones in stock while xseed are not.

Sure nisa Ys titles go out of stock quickly since they started handling that series but that's neither here nor there given that the pattern is not applying to the trails series as of yet. Cold steel 4 is 5 months after release on ps4 and is still in stock. CS3 ps4 already over a year.

So again it's very ymmv on what does an does not go out of stock quickly. Platform and publishers certainly do matter for taking into consideration but it is not set in stone.
Yes, the games that are years older (2015-2016 for PS3/Vita, 2019 for PS4) are the ones currently out of stock. I'm not sure why that is surprising nor why you're so insistent that it's a counterpoint. Cold Steel 3 on the PS4 also seems to be OOP now - only one Buy-It-Now copy below MSRP on eBay and GS/BBY/Amazon are all out of new copies. If you don't care about case/manuals you can take a gamble on GS/Amazon used still, though.

NISA's trend isn't limited to Ys and Trails, Off the top of my head, Prelude to the Fallen and Disaster Report 4 (PS4) are also out-of-print and at a premium on the aftermarket. I'm not saying publisher, series, etc. are the be-all-end-all for if something's going to go out of print, but a trend is a trend at the end of the day. They seem to be doing fine with their more indie titles (Destiny Connect, Mad Rat Dead, etc.) but these bigger titles seem to be the ones they're having problems printing to demand on.

Cs1 and 2 ps3 and vita took longer to disappear compared to ps4 though. ps4 version went out of stock the fastest in the series. 

cs3 ps4 wise that's news to me as they just had it on amazon a few days ago when I posted. But it is still available on other sites like vgpca at least for those interested new and not full price there iirc. Edit just checked and it is now out of stock for ps4 on there as well. It is still 59.99 on nisa's store for the early enrollment edition. 

I was on the Vita PSN Store yesterday (only purchased two smaller PSP games), but geez has a lot already been delisted (you can tell it's been a while, though I still buy everything I can physically so I had little reason to visit the Store). I only have about a dozen PS1 games on my Vita, but all have been delisted. Most PSP games that were on there were already gone. It's been a slow death for sure, but I still don't want to see it go.

Side-story time: Back in 2013 or 2014 I had a few hours to kill at LAX between flights, so I went to the Delta lounge. I had my Vita and decided to jump onto the WiFi for whatever reason.

Now, when I got my Vita shortly after launch I downloaded what PSP games I already had digitally and could be directly downloaded from the Vita's PSN store to my Vita. I used a friend's PS3 (because I didn't have PS3) to transfer a few more, but I still had other PSP games with no way of legally getting them onto my Vita.

Back to sitting in the Delta lounge, to my surprise, every PSP game I owned, regardless of whether it could be downloaded directly to the Vita was available for download. There were a few articles that caught it, but the "switch" was only flipped for a few hours. Luckily, I was able to download everything else I had while in LAX.

My point in bringing this story up now is that Sony clearly had the means to make everything that was available on the PSP digitally, available on the Vita digitally. They just chose not to. Why? We'll never know. Sony, like any for-profit, likes money, so it makes that decision even more baffling.

Though, most of Sony's decisions with the Vita are baffling in general.

Shockingly*, Sekai is cancelling their World End Economica Vita ports: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/world-end-economica-complete/posts/3143907

*Not actually shocking at all

And yet the Switch version is launching this month. Seems like they used the Vita versions as a marketing tactic to fund their Kickstarter campaign with no real intent to develop/deliver it.

On the note of shitty Kickstarters, looks like Skullpirates got a new update but I'm not a backer so I can't see it.

The consoles, no. The games, yes.
I'd argue yes for the consoles too, unless the past couple of years of increased prices means they've already hit their ceiling (Vita's are back near launch retail prices). But there are a lot of Vita and especially PSP exclusive games, and in my opinion, it's the PSP games we won't see get ported as much.

I think in general, pandemic or not, older games, accessories and systems will keep going up. There's too many collectors, too many now with money to recapture their memories of youth and too many looking to make gaming one of their hobbies for prices to fall that far down.

Shockingly*, Sekai is cancelling their World End Economica Vita ports: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/world-end-economica-complete/posts/3143907

*Not actually shocking at all

And yet the Switch version is launching this month. Seems like they used the Vita versions as a marketing tactic to fund their Kickstarter campaign with no real intent to develop/deliver it.

On the note of shitty Kickstarters, looks like Skullpirates got a new update but I'm not a backer so I can't see it.
Regarding the Skullpirates update:

"Since some have been asking us about PS Vita since Sony is closing down the PS Vita store.

We finished the PS Vita version last year, since we knew something like this was coming.

The PS Vita physicals should be available to us in the second quarter from our partners at East Asia Soft, and then we start shipping them out."

Only games I’m going to grab before the shutdown are the psp Ys games... going to hold out for a potential fire sale though. It’s Sony though, so very unlikely.
Are there any other psp games like Ys that come to mind and are on the vita store?

Only games I’m going to grab before the shutdown are the psp Ys games... going to hold out for a potential fire sale though. It’s Sony though, so very unlikely.
Are there any other psp games like Ys that come to mind and are on the vita store?
Trails in the Sky 1 and probably 2. I only played 1 but it was a solid game, very text heavy but oozes old school JRPG and has good gameplay mechanics. I never played the second one because it was digital only and I was hoping for a sale. I think it's $30 and no way I'm paying pay that much for a digital copy. Worse part is, the 2nd one picks up right after the first so... it sucks. I was hoping they'd get a re-release of some kind on the Vita in the US but that happened.

Who knows though, maybe before they close, they'll have a fire sale. If not then I might have to look into alternative options...

Trails in the Sky 1 and probably 2. I only played 1 but it was a solid game, very text heavy but oozes old school JRPG and has good gameplay mechanics. I never played the second one because it was digital only and I was hoping for a sale. I think it's $30 and no way I'm paying pay that much for a digital copy. Worse part is, the 2nd one picks up right after the first so... it sucks. I was hoping they'd get a re-release of some kind on the Vita in the US but that happened.

Who knows though, maybe before they close, they'll have a fire sale. If not then I might have to look into alternative options...
I'd recommend just getting Trails in the Sky SC at a sale price on steam. That's the only platform we have for a localized Sky the 3rd. and the games are very much worth supporting. And yeah, Falcom (same developer as Ys) originally designed Sky FC and SC as a single game but had to separate them during development. Similar to what happened in the development of Cold Steel III and IV.

These are some of my favorite games ever, but i wasn't sure about them until i reached that ending of Sky FC. Had to buy and play SC right away.

It sucks that Trails in the Sky FC Evolution, SC Evolution, and 3rd Evolution didn't get US releases on Vita, but the Japanese Vita releases can be played with full English translations. They're great.

It sucks that Trails in the Sky FC Evolution, SC Evolution, and 3rd Evolution didn't get US releases on Vita, but the Japanese releases can be played with full English translations. They're great.
You can also mod the games on steam with the added evo voice files.

If I'm remembering correctly, publisher literally can't put PSP and Vita games on sale/discount anymore since Sony removed them from the web store. So unless a game is cross-buy with PS4, there won't be any other games going on sale.

If I'm remembering correctly, publisher literally can't put PSP and Vita games on sale/discount anymore since Sony removed them from the web store. So unless a game is cross-buy with PS4, there won't be any other games going on sale.
Maybe Sony can come up with a promo code that can only be applied to ps3 and vita games then... they could find a way to make it work if they wanted. Seems like it would be a good way to make some sales happen before the shutdown.

Maybe Sony can come up with a promo code that can only be applied to ps3 and vita games then... they could find a way to make it work if they wanted. Seems like it would be a good way to make some sales happen before the shutdown.
They don't want to promote the shutdown, they want it to happen and go away quietly.

It sucks that Trails in the Sky FC Evolution, SC Evolution, and 3rd Evolution didn't get US releases on Vita, but the Japanese Vita releases can be played with full English translations. They're great.
Meaning, the Jpn versions have English text (sub/menu) option? Or you mean you have to patch them on a modded system?

I was on the Vita PSN Store yesterday (only purchased two smaller PSP games), but geez has a lot already been delisted (you can tell it's been a while, though I still buy everything I can physically so I had little reason to visit the Store). I only have about a dozen PS1 games on my Vita, but all have been delisted. Most PSP games that were on there were already gone. It's been a slow death for sure, but I still don't want to see it go.

Side-story time: Back in 2013 or 2014 I had a few hours to kill at LAX between flights, so I went to the Delta lounge. I had my Vita and decided to jump onto the WiFi for whatever reason.

Now, when I got my Vita shortly after launch I downloaded what PSP games I already had digitally and could be directly downloaded from the Vita's PSN store to my Vita. I used a friend's PS3 (because I didn't have PS3) to transfer a few more, but I still had other PSP games with no way of legally getting them onto my Vita.

Back to sitting in the Delta lounge, to my surprise, every PSP game I owned, regardless of whether it could be downloaded directly to the Vita was available for download. There were a few articles that caught it, but the "switch" was only flipped for a few hours. Luckily, I was able to download everything else I had while in LAX.

My point in bringing this story up now is that Sony clearly had the means to make everything that was available on the PSP digitally, available on the Vita digitally. They just chose not to. Why? We'll never know. Sony, like any for-profit, likes money, so it makes that decision even more baffling.

Though, most of Sony's decisions with the Vita are baffling in general.
I think the other problem here is that the Store when using the Vita itself is such garbage that it doesn't even display all the games for some reason, but with the web store gone that's really all that's left. I'm not sure if PS1/Vita games were included in this problem, though, admittedly.

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/1379086670411264002?s=20
I enjoyed 88 Heroes on PS4 so I will pick up the Vita version. Not sure about Dungeons and Bombs.

I wonder if these will even see releases on the digital store front?

It mentions these are the only releases for April and I thought ScourgeBringer physical was going to be part of the April release schedule.

Ok, this is weird. I purchased the 'Super Stardust Delta Interstellar Bundle' through the Vita's store, and as soon as I did, the listing disappeared. I still got the bundle price (which saves $3 over buying the game and add-on separately), but why would the listing for the bundle on the store then disappear?

Weird...

If you ever bought Dragon Fantasy, make sure you “purchase” the updated Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria for free. I didn’t know there was an updated version of the game and the original was delisted. Never got around to Book II.

So not a vita deal, but one of my favorite indie games that I loved on the Vita is coming to Switch today... Fez.  So maybe now there's a chance at a physical release.

Yeah, the Vita had a "whitelist" of titles that could theoretically run on the Vita, no problem, but for whatever reason Sony would prevent them from being run on the Vita. I believe that the Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP was one of the more prominent entries on that list. It was quite annoying.

I hacked the crap out of my Vita 1000, and my PSTVs, so now I don't have to worry about any of that. Any and all digital titles that I want to attempt to run, I can. (and do) My PSTV is now my go-to system for playing classic PS1 titles and PSP games. I will occasionally use it for certain Vita games, but I also frequently use my Vita 1000 for those. (that OLED still looks good)

$34.99 from LRG would be my guess.
I could probably live with that. I'll buy it digital the first sale it has, or when I can't resist it anymore.

Yeah, the Vita had a "whitelist" of titles that could theoretically run on the Vita, no problem, but for whatever reason Sony would prevent them from being run on the Vita. I believe that the Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP was one of the more prominent entries on that list. It was quite annoying.

I hacked the crap out of my Vita 1000, and my PSTVs, so now I don't have to worry about any of that. Any and all digital titles that I want to attempt to run, I can. (and do) My PSTV is now my go-to system for playing classic PS1 titles and PSP games. I will occasionally use it for certain Vita games, but I also frequently use my Vita 1000 for those. (that OLED still looks good)
I bought an extra PSTV for this purpose... and it's still sitting new in it's box (bundle version with a few games, memory card, and PS3 controller). It would be nice to play Asphalt Injection on a tv.

I have Dracula X Chronicles on my Vita. You can direct download it as well.
It is one of the few PSP games I bought to play on vita along with Gradius Collection and Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblins.

I needed a PS3 to transfer the Gradius Collection and the PS1 Classic Castlevania Chronicles.

But for some reason you cannot play Dracula X Chronicles on a Vita TV which is just really asinine. I still think they really botched the Vita TV and it could have been something amazing for playing classic games. Too many silly restrictions.

Both Root Double and Rabi-Ribi have had their prices dropped on the PSN Store. Could be a sign of other publishers doing the same before the store closes? Since they aren't allowed sales I guess the work-around is just dropping your price

Either way picking up Root Double for sure now since I was already looking at copping the physical from play-asia 

Both Root Double and Rabi-Ribi have had their prices dropped on the PSN Store. Could be a sign of other publishers doing the same before the store closes? Since they aren't allowed sales I guess the work-around is just dropping your price

Either way picking up Root Double for sure now since I was already looking at copping the physical from play-asia
I would love it if EA did this for the Mass Effect 3 DLC so I don't have to spend $35 for the last 3 I need (From Ashes, Leviathan, Citadel).

Ar nosurge and Stranger of Sword City Revisited, please. They have never had a sale.

(Yes, I have SoSC vanilla on Vita, and Revisited on Switch. But I would still prefer to play Revisited on my Vita.)

Revisited had 1 and only 1 sale. I got it then for sure. I also have it on my Switch, but I prefer it on the Switch other than more poopy portable battery (I have the 1st version). I just need to play those games. I generally enjoy them though annoying things can keep me from really liking a game, such as kind of boring and a little amateur feeling for Undead Darlings, and a really annoying real time battle system along with the clone system for Zanki Zero. I prefer my dungeon crawls more along the Etrian Odyssey, Demon Gaze, and Dungeon Travelers 2 way. I'm still sad that the Dungeon Travelers sequel was never localized. Such a good game.

FYI, if you liked Aqua Kitty, the sequel was just released on Vita (Astro Aqua Kitty). Won't be too many more Vita games.

I haven't heard whether or not Play-Asia will still be able to publish more physical Vita games, so this may end up digital only (first one had a physical through LRG I think).

bread's done
Back