PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, if you liked Aqua Kitty, the sequel was just released on Vita (Astro Aqua Kitty). Won't be too many more Vita games.

I haven't heard whether or not Play-Asia will still be able to publish more physical Vita games, so this may end up digital only (first one had a physical through LRG I think).
EAS/P-A submitted their final order for physical Vita games recently, but they didn't specify how many games they had left or confirm any titles.

I'm holding out to see if it gets a physical, but I'll buy it digitally if not.

EAS/P-A submitted their final order for physical Vita games recently, but they didn't specify how many games they had left or confirm any titles.

I'm holding out to see if it gets a physical, but I'll buy it digitally if not.
The developer is really easy to contact on Twitter. I asked him if the game was cross-buy and he said it is not.

A lot of people have asked him if there is a physical coming from EAS and he never responds to these questions so I have a feeling that it may be coming so I am waiting a bit before I buy the digital release. Does anyone know the file size? My 16GB card is pretty full but I am working on two larger games that I will delete soon and was just curious about the file size.

FYI, if you liked Aqua Kitty, the sequel was just released on Vita (Astro Aqua Kitty). Won't be too many more Vita games.

I haven't heard whether or not Play-Asia will still be able to publish more physical Vita games, so this may end up digital only (first one had a physical through LRG I think).
Same. I'm waiting to see if there's a physical version just in case. This sequel is something I think deserves to use some of the remaining Vita carts.

The developer is really easy to contact on Twitter. I asked him if the game was cross-buy and he said it is not.

A lot of people have asked him if there is a physical coming from EAS and he never responds to these questions so I have a feeling that it may be coming so I am waiting a bit before I buy the digital release. Does anyone know the file size? My 16GB card is pretty full but I am working on two larger games that I will delete soon and was just curious about the file size.
IMO that means "Yes" but I'm sure it'd deter potential double-dip sales to confirm it outright. Happy to bide my time until we know for sure.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/mmrz7p/i_am_a_former_sony_employee_ama/

If you haven't seen it, there's some interesting information in here. They claim hackers are what caused Sony to finally kill off the Vita, since Sony is very concerned about someone breaching PSN again like in 2011.
I'm part of the modteam on the subreddit. We verified his identity prior to the AMA. I can't personally attest to the veracity of any specific claims he made, but between the verification and his answers lining up with other niche knowledge I'm pretty confident that everything he said is true, at least true to the extent that he had awareness of things.

The way I read it was that Sony was always disappointed in the Vita, but that they were acquiescent to let it ride with minimal support until the hack. Between the disappointing sales and cultural fear from the 2011 hack, that's just what pushed them over the edge. You could argue that it's an excuse or that they were already looking for a reason to pull the plug before then and I don't think you'd be wrong, but the hacks still gave them the excuse they were looking for.

For what it's worth, I work in IT and the 2011 hack, despite being almost exactly ten years ago, is still often used as a case study in poor security. It's easy to say that Sony's fear of hacks is overstated from the outside, but if I'd been employed there at the time I probably would be unreasonably petrified of something similar happening again.

I was especially sad to read about the internal culture war at Sony. We all kind of suspected/knew, but the confirmation makes me pretty sad as a lover of niche Japanese games. All the downsizing of Japanese studios because the USA is a bigger market and Sony is becoming more western is really a bummer.

Feels to me like they just want to be Xbox (but slightly artsy!). I can't personally remember the last first party Sony game I wanted to play since Gravity Rush, and to a lesser extent Wipeout. I feel pretty similarly about Microsoft's first party content. Nintendo I also skip most all of it, but at least like their 'Teen' market stuff: Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, etc..

Revisited had 1 and only 1 sale. I got it then for sure. I also have it on my Switch, but I prefer it on the Switch other than more poopy portable battery (I have the 1st version). I just need to play those games. I generally enjoy them though annoying things can keep me from really liking a game, such as kind of boring and a little amateur feeling for Undead Darlings, and a really annoying real time battle system along with the clone system for Zanki Zero. I prefer my dungeon crawls more along the Etrian Odyssey, Demon Gaze, and Dungeon Travelers 2 way. I'm still sad that the Dungeon Travelers sequel was never localized. Such a good game.
That's too bad about dungeon travelers sequel.

I was especially sad to read about the internal culture war at Sony. We all kind of suspected/knew, but the confirmation makes me pretty sad as a lover of niche Japanese games. All the downsizing of Japanese studios because the USA is a bigger market and Sony is becoming more western is really a bummer.

Feels to me like they just want to be Xbox (but slightly artsy!). I can't personally remember the last first party Sony game I wanted to play since Gravity Rush, and to a lesser extent Wipeout. I feel pretty similarly about Microsoft's first party content. Nintendo I also skip most all of it, but at least like their 'Teen' market stuff: Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, etc..
Not Vita, but check out Concrete Genie. Pretty sure it’s first party and it’s definitely quirky

I also got my 'Unmetal' shipping notification.

I stopped by the Play N Trade by me that usually has an impressive selection of Vita games on the shelf. Almost everything is listed as "new" despite clearly not being as such, so those games haven't moved much. Of course now there's about a quarter of what's usually there. Most are still the more obscure visual novels and Tell Tale games. I got 'Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational' "new" and also 'God Wars,' a game that intrigued me since before its release but I never got because I'm not a strategy fan. I'm glad I bought it yesterday, because they still had a sealed copy behind the counter. $20 for each I think is good, considering.

But for anyone else here that hadn't heard, Sony reversed their plans to shut the PS3 and Vita digital stores. I'm sure they made a pretty penny with people impulse buying the last couple of weeks, but it's still nice they caved to the outcry.

I'm torn on this. I'm sure it'll sell out either way, but besides 'Hades' I just can't get into rogue-likes.
If you have gamepass you can try it and see if it is for you. I really enjoyed it on gamepass

I'm just mad because I bought the Switch version and I wouldn't have bought it if I knew a Vita version was going to be released. Going to have to double dip on this one. I loved their previous game as well on Vita NeuroVoider.

If you have gamepass you can try it and see if it is for you. I really enjoyed it on gamepass

I'm just mad because I bought the Switch version and I wouldn't have bought it if I knew a Vita version was going to be released. Going to have to double dip on this one. I loved their previous game as well on Vita NeuroVoider.
I didn't not know it was on Game Pass. I will check it out. Thanks!

the PS Vita PSN Store lives!   Hallelujah that sony reversed for us and will keep the PS3 and PSVita PSN stores open!     so happy for that news.

Was looking on psprices and it looks like a handful of Vita games dropped to 99 cents.
I grabbed Steam Tactics. Not sure if any of them are any good.

Was looking on psprices and it looks like a handful of Vita games dropped to 99 cents.
I grabbed Steam Tactics. Not sure if any of them are any good.
I was checking Steam reviews for the ones that looked interesting to me and they actually had positive or higher reviews so I decided to pick them up. Specifically I thought Metropolis looked really cool, really great art and the gameplay seems to be a choose your own adventure mixed with puzzle quest.

Thanks for heads up on the 99 cent games. Ive played a few of them for the easy platinums - Drowning, one eyed kuth, winter's daydream, and planet rix 13. I'll have to look into some of these other ones though.

It looks like more games are showing up than when I posted. Planet rix 13 and Metropolis were not there when I was on yesterday.

Severed, were any of those games any good or just easy plats?

My copy of UnMetal arrived. Very excited. Looks nice. Glad I got in on this one. Hadn't ordered any Vita games in a long time due to, yanno the crazy price increases, but glad to have gotten in on this. Seems right up my alley

Just easy plats on those games I mentioned. I picked up North and got all the trophies today in about 15 minutes, but it doesn't have a platinum. Tough to argue with 99 cents for some of these imo

Thinking of getting a Vita for the collection. Any recommendations on what would be easiest to jailbreak? Listings on Amazon mostly look to be import japan consoles. I was leaning towards a white model (1000) because my PSP is black and I'd like some contrast! (best reason ever). ~150 on amazon seems reasonable?  :whistle2:k

Looks like it's hindered by a custom charge port and needing an extra SD card adapter? 

Thinking of getting a Vita for the collection. Any recommendations on what would be easiest to jailbreak? Listings on Amazon mostly look to be import japan consoles. I was leaning towards a white model (1000) because my PSP is black and I'd like some contrast! (best reason ever). ~150 on amazon seems reasonable? :whistle2:k

Looks like it's hindered by a custom charge port and needing an extra SD card adapter?
Either but the Slim doesn’t require a memory card to do it. You just need a SD2VITA adapter to have expandable storage via microSD.

Thinking of getting a Vita for the collection. Any recommendations on what would be easiest to jailbreak? Listings on Amazon mostly look to be import japan consoles. I was leaning towards a white model (1000) because my PSP is black and I'd like some contrast! (best reason ever). ~150 on amazon seems reasonable? :whistle2:k

They are about the same with difficulty. I bought a PS Vita Slim off of Amazon last month and it arrived within ~3 days. Ordered Thursday, received on Monday via DHL. The Slim is my main, and I have an OLED backup (was my main/hacked), and Vita TV (hacked). Just google the Vita hack guide and it's usually the first search result.

Is anyone else not able to find Pantsu Hunter in the store?

Edit: apparently no one else on Twitter can.
It's one of those games that doesn't show up on the Vita store for whatever reason. You can buy the Vita version on the PS3 store if you have one/stilled plugged up.

Yes! I was hoping for this! Wow with a shipping date of this month no less. I wonder if that will stick.
EAS mentioned they were putting in their final batch of Vita orders (without detailing how many games were left) a month or two ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of their games were actually on-hand or will be on-hand shortly.

I'm kind of annoyed that they haven't put up Scourgebringer yet.
I read recently it is scheduled for summer so I hope its part of next months offerings.

Seems like they wanted to sell out of the Switch version first before putting up the Vita version.

I'm kind of annoyed that they haven't put up Scourgebringer yet.
I read recently it scheduled for summer so I hope its part of next months offerings.

Seems like they wanted to sell out of the Switch version first before putting up the Vita version.
Or they decided to compete with LRG to see which will release as the true "Last Physical Vita Game", Scourgebringer or Super Meat Boy.

Or they decided to compete with LRG to see which will release as the true "Last Physical Vita Game", Scourgebringer or Super Meat Boy.
Don't forget Nicalis. There's still a chance they're sitting on copies of VVVVVV and 1001 Spikes.

Don't forget Nicalis. There's still a chance they're sitting on copies of VVVVVV and 1001 Spikes.
668bc96c1f381e327a34ec109bc38fb9.gif

bread's done
Back