PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer it jumped $5, but still a deal all things considered. Plus, I'm not using these royalty coins on anything else anyway. I'm just glad I got my order in (and another SwanCrystal game).

It was originally listed as $34.99 in their first email, so they stealth raised it when it went up for sale. LRG does this fairly often too.
Prices creeping up plus shipping no longer included. Not sure they would have hooked me at the beginning at the current price per release, but these two seem worthy of a purchase. Horizon is really good on PS4.

Yeah at this point Play Asia should have all their Vita releases on site, they will continue to drip them out for sale over the next few months.

'Pushy and Pully in Blockland' is a hard pass for me. Another title I question if it's the best use of these last carts. 'ScourgeBringer' I'm torn on, because I don't like rogue-likes (except 'Hades'), but this one looks kind of fun.

Finally Scourgebringer. Excited to purchase this one again. I bought the Switch version but wouldn't bought it if I knew the vita version was coming. I will be skipping that other game.

2 Old 4 Gaming has a second set of unofficial Vita manuals available for preorder. I bought the first set and they turned out really nice, but then again I love game manuals.
https://www.2old4gaming.com/store/psvita-manuals-series-2-unofficial
Holy shit, this is an awesome idea.... I'm surprised with all the physical game release companies, nobody else has done something like this.

Wish there was a way to buy these piecemeal, I have KZ and Unit 13 but the rest of those games, I'll never get given their current prices/how hard they are to find out in the wild.LOL

EDIT* What games were in the first set? Wish I had known about these before.

Holy shit, this is an awesome idea.... I'm surprised with all the physical game release companies, nobody else has done something like this.

Wish there was a way to buy these piecemeal, I have KZ and Unit 13 but the rest of those games, I'll never get given their current prices/how hard they are to find out in the wild.LOL

EDIT* What games were in the first set? Wish I had known about these before.
Click back on Store to see the first set, which is available individually. I'm guessing the second set will be available individually too.

I have the first set, and they are fantastic for essentially a fan project. I do wish they were a little taller to fill the case better, like other Vita manuals.

I really like the manuals , the only thing I don't like is it appears all the pictures are of region 2 (makes sense if they are being made overseas).  Very cool initiative however.

Click back on Store to see the first set, which is available individually. I'm guessing the second set will be available individually too.

I have the first set, and they are fantastic for essentially a fan project. I do wish they were a little taller to fill the case better, like other Vita manuals.
Ah, thanks. Was thinking these some kind of limited releases... and also sucks because I placed and order for the 2nd set thinking that the first set was gone. And worse yet, I actually have all 5 games in the first set that I could use manuals for. Oh well, time to email them and see if they'll maybe cancel.

EDIT* sweet- they just did!

I have backed and purchased his Vita series books and even gave him a few game screenshots for his third book.
I have a small credit in the third book. The books are great reads and I've enjoyed his content over the years supporting the platform.  I've been thinking about buying the little game books.

Those manuals are pretty cool. I kickstarted the books on that store too and they're not bad at all. I don't own any of the second set of games physically and only would have had 2 of them, although I'm selling Dragon's Crown owning it on PS4 now, as I would have done for Ys 8 as well.

He’s reprinting the first set of manuals. They sold out pretty quick the first time around
Shit, talk about luck then... I can't believe I've never even heard for this but seems to be going with everything else these days, the older I get, the more I can't keep up with games.

Yeah I kick-started his book series and I absolutely loved them. They were great. The manuals look cool. Set #2 I'm missing a number of those games but set 1 I might jump in on. Really cool but not sure I should invest more money into my now stagnant Vita collection. I still play the system but idk. With the games being so damn expensive I haven't been as in a collectors mood for it as of recent I guess. Still a number of games I'd love to get for it but at the pricing it just seems so highly unlikely

Shit, talk about luck then... I can't believe I've never even heard for this but seems to be going with everything else these days, the older I get, the more I can't keep up with games.
I've actually been following Sandeep for a few years now(YT channel, and ordered Vita books), and I had no idea he offered these manuals. I did sell my physical games off awhile back, so maybe that's why these fell under my radar, but for sure a very cool offering for the community.

I keep getting activation notices on my vita (activate system to play this game, blah blah blah). I even had to activate it to access my downloaded themes. It’s only been happening for about a week or so. Anyone else having this issue or know what causes it?

I keep getting activation notices on my vita (activate system to play this game, blah blah blah). I even had to activate it to access my downloaded themes. It’s only been happening for about a week or so. Anyone else having this issue or know what causes it?
Haven't started my vita in ages... maybe I'll charge mine up tonight and see if it does something similar. My vita isn't hacked or anything.

They did change the way you access you PS3/PS Vita systems accounts since they removed the web store support for these systems. You need to setup a unique password for the systems now using you Sony account. I had the same issue with both my PS3 and Vitas when this change happened but once I fixed it online I had no issues.

I decided to get 'ScourgeBringer' (and a couple other PSVita games). There was no coupon code field this time, so I wasn't able to get a discount. I wonder if that's because there's a free shipping promo going on right now?

I decided to get 'ScourgeBringer' (and a couple other PSVita games). There was no coupon code field this time, so I wasn't able to get a discount. I wonder if that's because there's a free shipping promo going on right now?
I saw a coupon field and used a coupon, plus got the free shipping.

I got to put in a coupon code in the field thing

I think the coupon code does not come up if you select paypal checkout. If you do the regular checkout there is a button that opens the coupon code box, you can select paypal on the same page.

Was shocked to get free shipping and relieved to get these was worried about demand for scorgebringer.

5% for mypsvita and double cheapy if you have a discover card with 5% back on PayPal right now.

Damn, it just didn't show for me then. I used an AMEX, and went back over each page of checkout, but didn't want to risk looking back over a third time. Oh well. The couple dollars in the long run aren't worth making sure I have my copy of 'ScourgeBringer.'

Got my order in for Scourgebringer this morning. Was happy about getting free shipping.

I also was able to add a coupon code (mypsvita) to my order and saved $1.75.
Saved much more with the free shipping promo.

I super surprised that it sold out already but there was a good deal of hype about this release.
I loved NeuroVoider on Vita and can't wait to play Scourgebringer when it arrives.
The developer makes great games.

Got my order in for Scourgebringer this morning. Was happy about getting free shipping.

I also was able to add a coupon code (mypsvita) to my order and saved $1.75.
Saved much more with the free shipping promo.
Probably should have googled for a $3 off code. For smaller orders it makes more sense to use that than go with 5%.

Did a quick google...

$6 off $19 or more... MYPSVITA
$3 off ... GEMATSU

$6 off ... CENSORED

Probably should have googled for a $3 off code. For smaller orders it makes more sense to use that than go with 5%.

Did a quick google...

$3 off ... GEMATSU

$6 off ... CENSORED
I think that info is outdated. I know for sure Censored gives 5% now and not a fixed amount.

Did a quick google...

$3 off ... GEMATSU

$6 off ... CENSORED
Well while I find this information helpful, maybe you should of just posted the codes that you know still work instead of telling me that I should have taken the time to search using google and try out codes and hope they work on an item that sold out in less than 15 minutes.

Did you buy the game? Did you test out the codes to see if they all work?

I know the mypsvita code works. I didn't have time this morning to do a google search before I placed the order.

I missed out on a whole $1.25 savings. I already mentioned the true savings was the fact they offered free shipping that saved me about $8.

Well while I find this information helpful, maybe you should of just posted the codes that you know still work instead of telling me that I should have taken the time to search using google and try out codes and hope they work on an item that sold out in less than 15 minutes.

Did you buy the game? Did you test out the codes to see if they all work?

I know the mypsvita code works. I didn't have time this morning to do a google search before I placed the order.

I missed out on a whole $1.25 savings. I already mentioned the true savings was the fact they offered free shipping that saved me about $8.
Sorry to rub you the wrong way... not my intent at all... just throwing out there that there are other codes and maybe one of the other $3 codes would work. My most recent order was last year and the $3 codes worked then... though I did have to try several codes before I found one that worked.

I'm not going to go place an order just to plug all the codes in and see which ones give what results. But had I found one that did work I would have happily posted it to help out.

IF all the codes are now 5% off at best... that's too bad. It's better than nothing but on a small order it's not much savings ... especially when there's no deal on shipping (unless there's a code for that, and sometimes there is).

bread's done
Back