PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you did rub me the wrong way even if that wasn't your intention.
Hell you had to try several codes last time you placed an order, sometime last year, to find one that worked right?

I did mention more than once that they are running a free shipping promotion on the site and I got free shipping with my order.

Probably should have googled for a $3 off code. For smaller orders it makes more sense to use that than go with 5%.

Did a quick google...

$6 off $19 or more... MYPSVITA
$3 off ... GEMATSU

$6 off ... CENSORED
All the codes are 5% off only, all the $3 are long gone ! last $3 was NPE which was working till end of 2019 post 2019 all coupons are flat 5% off and Play-Asia also abolished $5 off $60 coupons

All the codes are 5% off only, all the $3 are long gone ! last $3 was NPE which was working till end of 2019 post 2019 all coupons are flat 5% off and Play-Asia also abolished $5 off $60 coupons
That's a shame. Looked closer last night and my last order was a preorder September 2019... and I 100% did use a $3 off code then as it was the better deal for a single game release.

I found my list of codes as well from that order as well as codes I collected from the Japanese niche games thread, reddit, coupon sites, ... etc since then. I won't bother posting them unless i order something and can confirm one of them work (which I'm now expecting if they give anything off it'll be 5%). While it's not much $ difference in the codes and the shipping is the bigger deal... I'm still a cag. If there's a way to spend less for something I want... I'll take it if there are no major negatives that negate the savings.

I think they eliminated the set $ off coupons in favor of the new reward coins program. I’m just waiting for the last of their Vita exclusives to come out and then I’ll be done buying from them.

With the MYPSVITA code plus the reward coins program, I get a pretty good chunk of shipping costs negated every time I order from Play Asia. Also factor in the lack of sales tax. Shipping cost ends up being not much of a factor when compared to that of the limited run companies and some other import sites. The free shipping promotion makes buying games from Play Asia even better.

I usually stock up when there's free shipping at Play-Asia. Grabbed End of Eternity and Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection (both PS4) so far. Will probably put another order in later in the month for Blaster Master Zero trilogy, Everyone Spelunker, and possibly Wing of Darkness (all PS4).

I think it's just Maiden of Black Water and Super Robot Wars 30 for me. I'm not sure about Maiden though with its super high price tag, but I'll stew on it for a bit. Be aware though that I believe the Ninja Gaiden Collection is censored. Big pass from me cause of that.

Anyone play Horizon Chase Turbo yet?  Reading online that there's a lot of bugs, so debating if I should open up my game or just sell it. 

Anyone play Horizon Chase Turbo yet? Reading online that there's a lot of bugs, so debating if I should open up my game or just sell it.
tinypic-sadface.jpg

I placed two separate orders for Horizon, one for me and one for a friend who wanted me to get him one several minutes after I placed my order. Neither shipment has arrived despite many people having received their game a week or more ago. Hopefully the packages didn't get lost. Horizon was one of my favorite ps4 racing games.

Anybody know the difference on the Asia vs. Japanese version for Master Blaster Trilogy other than the Japanese one being cheaper?
Nope... but only the Switch versions say they have English on both Asia and Japan copies. The PS4 versions only have English mentioned in the titles on the Asia versions. It could be that the Japan versions just cost less for them than the Asia versions do from the distributor. If I were to order, I'd go for the Switch Japan version as I don't have any bias towards Asia and would rather spend less. BUT... I think I'm just going to go digital on this release and spend a lot less.

I placed two separate orders for Horizon, one for me and one for a friend who wanted me to get him one several minutes after I placed my order. Neither shipment has arrived despite many people having received their game a week or more ago. Hopefully the packages didn't get lost. Horizon was one of my favorite ps4 racing games.
My copy of Horizon just arrived today.

My copy of Horizon just arrived today.
One of my two orders arrived yesterday, thankfully. According to recent shipping labels, including Horizon, a lot of Play Asia stuff ships from a facility about an hour from my house.I had been getting used to getting my games from them before they reached most everyone else. The second order I placed may take a while longer since I ordered Ninja Gaiden Master Collection with it. Who knows. As long as it gets here so I can get it to my friend then all is good. I will say that Play Asia's shipping is a lot faster overall than it was a decade ago. PA has upped its game in terms of ship speed and great packaging. I'm sure some folks on here can remember the 2-3 month ship times with economy shipping back in the day.

Going to be picking up Russian Subway Dogs, Sturmfront Mutant Wars, Brotherhood United and WitchCrafty as my final digital vita purchases.

I have a feeling Brotherhood United is getting a physical release with Play Asia so I'm going to wait a bit before I buy it digital. I know the other three games are not getting a physical because they barely made it for submission deadline for digital releases.

For Physical Releases:

1. We got five more months of physical releases with Play Asia for vita. Supposed to be done by the end of the year.
  2. Super Meat Boy with Limited Run Games whenever they feel like releasing it.
  3. And two possible games from Nicalis if they really have them, they have been silent on this for a long while. VVVVVV and 1001 Spikes.

It's been fun PS Vita. I still have lots of games to play and trophies to earn in the huge backlog but definitely my favorite handheld.

My top five handhelds.

1. PS Vita
  2. Gameboy Advance SP
  3. Switch
  4. PSP
  5. 3DS

I read there’s speculation that the Nicalis games were just test prints and not full production orders. Not sure if that was even possible, as we’ve never heard of it from any other publisher or for any other titles. Seems like they would have had to order the minimum quantity regardless

Going to be picking up Russian Subway Dogs, Sturmfront Mutant Wars, Brotherhood United and WitchCrafty as my final digital vita purchases.

I have a feeling Brotherhood United is getting a physical release with Play Asia so I'm going to wait a bit before I buy it digital. I know the other three games are not getting a physical because they barely made it for submission deadline for digital releases.

For Physical Releases:

1. We got five more months of physical releases with Play Asia for vita. Supposed to be done by the end of the year.
  2. Super Meat Boy with Limited Run Games whenever they feel like releasing it.
  3. And two possible games from Nicalis if they really have them, they have been silent on this for a long while. VVVVVV and 1001 Spikes.

It's been fun PS Vita. I still have lots of game to play and trophies to earn in the huge backlog but definitely my favorite handheld.

My top five handhelds.

1. PS Vita
  2. Gameboy Advance SP
  3. Switch
  4. PSP
  5. 3DS
I agree. The Vita has been a great handheld and will be for years to come with my backlog. It's a shame Sony threw in the towel so early.

But, that said, the collector in me is actually kinda relieved for these releases to be coming to an end. It feels like the latter years of the Vita's physical releases have been primarily oriented at exploiting collectors beyond some gems like Unmetal and Scourgebringer.

I read there’s speculation that the Nicalis games were just test prints and not full production orders. Not sure if that was even possible, as we’ve never heard of it from any other publisher or for any other titles. Seems like they would have had to order the minimum quantity regardless
Someone emailed their support last year and they said they still planned on releasing it but that they were getting LE goodies/merch together.

It could also just be that a misinformed intern was responding to the email for all we know, but I don't think it was just a test print.

I've also heard that rumor as well but they did mention when they first opened their online store, a couple years ago, that they had some exclusive Vita releases for the store. Then VVVVVV and 1001 Spikes showed up on ebay as hole punched promotional copies. They also teased the Bind of Issac for vita back then. It is entirely possible they never went to production or they are holding them to be the last physical vita games to release. I've also seen 1001 Spikes for PS4 on ebay.

Honestly I'd rather not have to worry about trying to get the Nicalis releases.

I'd be pleased if they never went into production and there were only promotional copies in circulation.
But if they put them up for sale I will try to get them. They are both excellent games I would like in my collection.

I got the pstv before getting the vita... so I played the heck out of the vita library as a console first and I don't really think of it as much as a handheld as a hybrid like the psp-go and switch.

I tend to weight consoles first by their own libraries, followed by BC, and finally actual portability—how easy it is to carry and how long the battery lasts. To that end, the best handheld has easily been the PSP. Great library of its own, with several of the best games of all time borrowed from the PS1 library. Fits comfortably in a pocket, too.

2nd is the DS, for what’s probably the best native handheld library of all time, plus GBA BC. The DS Lite was also fairly comfortable in a pocket.

3rd is 3DS, again boasting a great native library and featuring DS BC, though the original was a bit heavy and bulky in a pocket, and subsequent revisions never quite improved on that.

4th is the GBA, for a great library of its own plus GB BC. Every version fit great in a pocket, especially the SP.

5th has to be the GBC, for a good library (combined with the GBO), and also the amazing battery life. That’s really the last handheld I used where the battery life was never really an issue.

Vita’s nice enough since it can do everything the PSP can aside from physical PSP games, but its native library only had a few real excellent standouts, and then not a lot else that ever appealed to me; and it’s just way too bulky. I don’t really consider the Vita a true portable, as I just would not be able to get comfortable with it in a pocket.

Similar feelings on the Switch, though that at least has finally started to pick up on the library front. No BC has really kinda dragged it down in comparison to everything else on this list, though. Plus again, it’s just absurdly oversized for a portable system, I would never take that thing out of the house unless I was traveling somewhere for at least a few weeks.

Similar feelings on the Switch, though that at least has finally started to pick up on the library front. No BC has really kinda dragged it down in comparison to everything else on this list, though. Plus again, it’s just absurdly oversized for a portable system, I would never take that thing out of the house unless I was traveling somewhere for at least a few weeks.
It'll never happen, but I would love it if Nintendo made a PSP-sized Switch. Even the Switch Lite is massive compared to most handhelds, and sometimes I just want a smaller device.

The switch definitely makes for a poor portable. But I use it during my commute to work along with my vita 3ds/2ds and other handhelds that I rotate as I go through my backlog.  

It'll never happen, but I would love it if Nintendo made a PSP-sized Switch. Even the Switch Lite is massive compared to most handhelds, and sometimes I just want a smaller device.
What I really wanted from Nintendo as their next handheld was a DS-line successor about the size of an iPhone 8 for both the top and bottom portions, with the top screen taking up the full space of the top portion, and the bottom using a smaller screen a la the 3DS (but higher res) and recessed buttons/analog pads. Pair that with a good battery life and Vita-like performance, and I’d have been really happy taking it anywhere.

Not even a little. I have a smartphone, I don’t care what my handhelds can do aside from play games.
by that logic, you can play just about all those games on your smart phone.

And that only works for now cause when the psp released I don't even think we had smart phones. But I guess. I can't take away from something's impact or whatever at the time because of what we have now.

Yeah, I don't care about media abilities of my handheld game systems either.   I need games first.   Nicely, every system mentioned so far has a great library of games.

by that logic, you can play just about all those games on your smart phone.

And that only works for now cause when the psp released I don't even think we had smart phones. But I guess. I can't take away from something's impact or whatever at the time because of what we have now.
The PSP was a pretty lousy multimedia device when it first launched (though to be fair, almost every handheld device at the time was). Storage was very expensive, so juggling audio files or, worse, video files, would have been a tedious process. The screen resolution is low, and mainstream mp3 players from the time tended to have more storage, better interfaces, and longer battery life. As storage dropped in price and the later revisions came out, it got slightly better, but by that point smartphones were on the horizon.

And I do play games on my smartphone, but the large majority of games I’m interested in on handhelds aren’t available on those platforms. You can emulate for a better library, but since emulated games aren’t made for touch screens, you need to have a gamepad to get a better experience, which decreases the portability of the set up considerably. I also refuse to buy any game for more than $5 on a mobile platform just because you can never be sure if they’re even going to work the next time you upgrade your OS, and the games most worth playing tend to be more than $5.

Smartphones are far and away the superior portable option when it comes to (non-game) media. They tend to have better battery life, better screens, and more storage options, plus more intuitive interfaces, especially for the internet. They’re also phones, so it’s not like I’m ever not going to have one on me when I leave the house. If I want to play games, though, dedicated devices are still far and away the superior option, and I say that as someone who does game a lot on mobile devices.

I have never cared about the multimedia functions of handhelds. Same with consoles. I exclusively game on devices primarily made for gaming, and don't do any gaming on my smartphones.

It's hard for me to rank the handhelds in any kind of meaningful order. They each are awesome for different reasons. I would probably rank Vita my favorite if a gun was pointed at my head and I had to choose one. It's an incredible piece of kit that approached console-quality gaming in multiple genres. As a lover of RPGs, racing, and rhythm games, I am pretty well set for life with a full Vita collection. The DS/DSi and 3DS are awesome as well, though. So many incredible RPGs on both systems, not to mention a crazy number of quality first-party Nintendo games. The PSP had such a large variety of types of games, with quality titles in every genre. I don't play my GBA systems much any more, but at the time, holy crap, what a system!

Fortunately I stockpiled multiples of each handheld console years ago so that I would be set for decades to be able to play my collections on their original devices. The prices on new handheld consoles has gotten a bit ridiculous. Not sure we will ever see true mass-market handheld gaming devices again. (I don't consider the Switch a true handheld device due to its size, but if Sony were to enter portable gaming again I think their device would resemble a Switch more than the VIta. And I would understand that decision since the philosophy behind the Switch is brilliant.)

I was jealous of the PSP's media capability at the time and only had a GBA SP - I got one of those compact flash card readers that also came with software to convert videos. I had some videos, pictures, and even used my GBA SP as an MP3 player for a short while. It wasn't great, but it was novel I suppose. The SP doesn't have a headphone jack either so I had to get the headphone jack adapter dongle. Ahead of its time in that regard. ;)

At some point I did get a PSP when DJMAX Fever came out. I did try transcoding anime for it in handbrake and was mostly successful, but it just wasn't worth the time.

I had a boss get a 3DS at one point and when I asked him how he liked it, he said it was pretty neat and he was using it to watch Netflix mostly. Weird use case for me, but sure- I guess plenty of people use handhelds for media sometimes.

The 3DS could also play 3D content from.. certain.. streaming websites in its web browser, so that was also kind of novel for maybe a day.

Oh and there was that model that released a bunch of 3D photos for the 3DS. Julie Watai :D Pretty sure those are still on my 3DS SD card somewhere.

For a short while I did also try to use my 3DS as a music player while jogging as to also get the steps coins at the same time... I guess I've done plenty of weird use cases with handhelds just because I could, but I do just stick to a phone now for that stuff.

I don't consider the Switch a true handheld device due to its size
Switch lite is thinner than both versions of the vita and is like 1" longer and maybe 0.4" taller. It's really kind of amazing how much is packed into that system and how it compares to other systems through the years. The regular switch though, yeah it's kind of a beast, but like the lite I have one of the small hard cases for it for taking it with me. No point risking a drop, pocket, bag, etc... when I can have it safely stored. I still need to buy something for the vita so it's more portable. I mostly played it around the house as it wasn't very portable without a good case.

One nice thing about the Switch (regular) is you can remove the joycons and store them in a separate pouch or somesuch. Breaking it down can sometimes make a smaller bag/pouch work that otherwise may not have.

One nice thing about the Switch (regular) is you can remove the joycons and store them in a separate pouch or somesuch. Breaking it down can sometimes make a smaller bag/pouch work that otherwise may not have.
Yeah I take them off when I put them in my cargo pockets if I'm out and about.

Sorry to interupt the Switch discussion, but I just found out there was an ESRB version of Invizimals similar to the Epic Mickey release, Latin America only. Not sure how widely known this is, anyone know what the details are? Bundle?, regular release?, not really finding anything on the net outside of a few solds on pricecharting.

Sorry to interupt the Switch discussion, but I just found out there was an ESRB version of Invizimals similar to the Epic Mickey release, Latin America only. Not sure how widely known this is, anyone know what the details are? Bundle?, regular release?, not really finding anything on the net outside of a few solds on pricecharting.
I don't think it's legit. I've been collecting for the console for ~6 years and I've never seen them mentioned or listed until the past year or so. The same guys on eBay seems to list one every few months. They're never new/sealed, the cartridge label format doesn't match any other formats (including Epic Mickey).

If you look at the images of the one listing on eBay, you can even see what appears to be them sticking a "new" label over an existing label on the cart:

xLGDctV.png

So yeah, 99% chance it's just someone printing new art/labels for other versions of the game to capitalize on the collector's market.

I got my ESRB Epic Mickey and German Invizimals out to look at that listing closer. Not saying I dont think there is a chance this is fake, but the spine code is consistent with Epic Mickey PCSA-xxxx as is the website latinam.playstation There are a few sellers all in Chile. I agree that label looks sketchy but it could have also worn like that in a pocket. The look and feel of the cover matches North America rounded edges for the info box vs. square box running end to end on Euro boxes. I dont know, I am not so fast to write this off. That is not just the Spanish cover with ESRB replacing PEGI. This would be major attention to detail if it is fake.

Not saying it makes me an expert, but I have also been collecting vita almost since the beginning. I have a full LRG and retail release set R1* and a good majority of the non ESRB games released with English option from both R2 and R3.
* not the ones that have not shipped/been officially released, FU Nicalis if you only printed the demos.

Looking at some other completed listings have clean labels, but on second look I see what you mean the right side does not look right on this one. An interesting occurrence. I wonder if Tweeg is still around.

The Spanish PEGI version of La Alianza came with a sealed pack of AR cards on the left inside of the case. Interesting that none of the sold listings I could find of the so-called ESRB version have any cards. Obviously a lot of folks would have thrown them out, but it seems like at least one person would have kept them and included them. Or maybe the ESRB version didn't come with cards. One of the sold ESRB games was cart only and went for around $12 a month ago. That original listing has a closeup of both sides of the cart, with the number on the back of the cart clearly visible. Would be interesting to compare it to the PEGI Spanish version of La Alianza.

Intriguing find. Odd that I cannot find any discussion of this version on the internet, and in all the years I've collected for the Vita this is the first time I have heard of it. Clearly some people think it's legit, as some copies have sold for $250-300. I hope it's fake. Buying the Mexican version of Epic Mickey was crap enough. I sure as heck do not want to spend several hundred dollars on freaking Invizimals to maintain a complete ESRB collection.

My feelings exactly. I paid $100 for ESRB Epic Mickey. That is the most I spent on any vita release. $250-300 when I already have a Euro version is not something I want to do, but, but, ESRB set...
I want to stay strong...

I have a sealed German copy, but it does say AR Play Cards enthalten, on the back (ar play cards inside) and there is clearly something moving in the box plus extra weight.

My Spanish is not great, but the back of the box on the ESRB ones say "Play Cards para Realidad Aumentada includas" also suggests there would have been cards and would suggest a retail release (if real) rather than a bundle.

This is kind of fun actually, looks like the Greek release came with a figure.

Keep the island alive...

I got my ESRB Epic Mickey and German Invizimals out to look at that listing closer. Not saying I dont think there is a chance this is fake, but the spine code is consistent with Epic Mickey PCSA-xxxx as is the website latinam.playstation There are a few sellers all in Chile. I agree that label looks sketchy but it could have also worn like that in a pocket. The look and feel of the cover matches North America rounded edges for the info box vs. square box running end to end on Euro boxes. I dont know, I am not so fast to write this off. That is not just the Spanish cover with ESRB replacing PEGI. This would be major attention to detail if it is fake.
I'm talking about the code on the cartridge itself, not the code on the spine - "22022-GL". I can't say I've extensively looked at every cartridge (a lot of my collection is sealed), but it's not a pattern that adds up.

Evidence against it:

• Nobody talked about this until 2021 (and I mean nobody - Google has nothing, the Vita subreddit has nothing, this thread has nothing, etc.)
  • Double label sticker (see picture above)
  • Inconsistent cartridge code
  • Same two people listing one copy every few months.
  • No evidence of new copies exists, or even a version complete with the cards that the case implies.
  • Despite MOQ for Vita games being over 1k in ESRB regions, only a handful of these copies have ever surfaced (and only from a few specific sellers, at that).

Granted I haven't been around since the beginning, but I've been frequenting collector's forums for 5/6 of the years I've owned the Vita. I also have a full NA set (including Meat Boy but not the Nicalis releases), EU/R3 exclusive set, and a few handfuls of import-friendly JP games. I even moderate the Vita subreddit.

To my eye, this is 100% fake. The Vita's definitely a collector's console and this type of thing would've been called out as an oddity well before now if it was legit (like the Vita case for the PSP Resistance game, the English cover of Handball, ESRB Epic Mickey, etc.). If someone wants to spend $300 on a label/boxart some dude in Chile is printing every few months that's their business I guess, but I can only imagine that supporting them will lead to "new rare ESRB variants" being "found" in the future.

bread's done
Back