PS Vita first bundle (Little Deviants, 3G, 4GB stick, LE case,) - $349 2/15 early rls

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-V...VP0O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319733195&sr=8-3

Details here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...-ps-vita-early-with-the-first-edition-bundle/

The U.S. bundle includes a PS Vita 3G + Wi-Fi model, a limited edition case, 4GB PS Vita Memory Card, and Little Deviants game for $349.99 (MSRP). The Canadian bundle includes a Wi-Fi model, a limited edition case, 4GB PS Vita Memory Card, and Little Deviants game for $299.99 (MSRP). Best of all, you can pick up the PS Vita First Edition Bundle on February 15, 2012, so this is your chance to play before everyone else.

[quote name='Vinny']Sony was doing everything right with the Vita until they decided to use ridiculously overpriced property memory cards. I guess they're taking the route MS does with HDDs.[/QUOTE]
It kinda makes me wonder why can't they just use a standard like SD or something. This bundle is a good deal for those who wants a PS Vita, but $350 is way too rich for my blood considering I got a PS3 + HDMI cable + Demon Souls for less last year and that was when the PS3 was still $300.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It kinda makes me wonder why can't they just use a standard like SD or something. This bundle is a good deal for those who wants a PS Vita, but $350 is way too rich for my blood considering I got a PS3 + HDMI cable + Demon Souls for less last year and that was when the PS3 was still $300.[/QUOTE]

Because unlike the 3DS, it actually cost close to $250 to make Vita. Sony needs to find some way to make money.

[quote name='62t']Because unlike the 3DS, it actually cost close to $250 to make Vita. Sony needs to find some way to make money.[/QUOTE]
Damn, didn't know costs were that high. Oh well, still going to wait for a price drop or a new model on this. $350 for a handheld is way too much for me since that's half a gaming computer or a PS3/360 with a game.

[quote name='62t']Because unlike the 3DS, it actually cost close to $250 to make Vita. Sony needs to find some way to make money.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense... especially considering that they probably priced at a level to compete with the 3DS so who knows? It could have cost even more. But still, it hurts paying $150 for 32GB when you can get comparable 32GB SDHC cards for as low as $30 or roughly the same price as their 4GB card.:whistle2:/

Additionally, most games supposedly require a memory card but the system doesn't include one. So you'll likely have to pony up an additional $30 when you purchase the system.

[quote name='Vinny']That makes sense... especially considering that they probably priced at a level to compete with the 3DS so who knows? It could have cost even more. But still, it hurts paying $150 for 32GB when you can get comparable 32GB SDHC cards for as low as $30 or roughly the same price as their 4GB card.:whistle2:/

Additionally, most games supposedly require a memory card but the system doesn't include one. So you'll likely have to pony up an additional $30 when you purchase the system.[/QUOTE]

I paid over $100 for a 1GB memory stick pro duo back when the PSP first came out

so it doesn't actually seem that bad to me

I remember the guys over at Invisible Walls mentioning something about this. They mentioned how Sony was going to put it these bundles to rake in more cash. I don't know too much about the Vita. With this model do you have to pay for the 3G model? I know it's optional for the iPad etc. One more thing. I'm glad I don't work at customer service when parents bring back the units back because certain games won't boot. That's going to be a site to see.

I don't think I'm going to bother with a Vita until Chinese knockoffs of the memory cards start showing up. It won't be long before they make 'em with microSD slots.

[quote name='gera2396']So if you get the 3G version, are you required to get a data plan? Also, do all models come with wifi?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you can use it without a dataplan. You need a data plan if you want to use 3G (i.e. internet connection without wifi)

bread's done
Back