[PS Vita] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

[quote name='combatrhombus']Nice you two saw your rankings of 50 & 52. I started using Pandora and my game has gone to shit.[/QUOTE]

There's something nutty about Pandora no matter how good her stats are on paper - very rarely can I pull a good game off with her. It's weird.

[quote name='BrownThunder']Final tournament rank was 503. I consider anything in the top half a victory hahaha[/QUOTE]

With the new tourney format when is the weekly reset? I thought it was Tuesday last week but I may have just been up early.

[quote name='handsomepete']There's something nutty about Pandora no matter how good her stats are on paper - very rarely can I pull a good game off with her. It's weird.

With the new tourney format when is the weekly reset? I thought it was Tuesday last week but I may have just been up early.[/QUOTE]

I keep playing with Pandora and see how she plays after full loyalty. The new tourney's reset on Monday(no tournament) and run Tue-Sun.

I ranked 126 last week after a 190 the week before, so I was hoping to bust the top 100 in this new tournament. Well, that's not going to happen. I was -5 going into the last hole. I hit a perfect tee and then what I thought was a perfect spin shot for eagle. Landed just short in the water. I adjusted a little and put another one in the water. Third try landed unplayable behind a tree. Needless to say, I was +10 on the final hole and even for the game:cry:

Just got absolutely owned this morning. The last trophy I needed for the plat is the hole in one. I got it today! But it was an unofficial round so it didn't count. My rage threw off my shots from that point forward. +3.

[quote name='BrownThunder']Just got absolutely owned this morning. The last trophy I needed for the plat is the hole in one. I got it today! But it was an unofficial round so it didn't count. My rage threw off my shots from that point forward. +3.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing big cup? What course, LoG?

It was unlimited power shot on Al Alrabairbana.

-3 Today though! I have a feeling, based on some of y'alls scores, that I'm going to get blown out though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BrownThunder']No one else playing? Yesterday was a pretty dick move making it Legacy of Golf 18 holes. Way to ruin my Saturday morning lol[/QUOTE]

Actually had a good round going into the last hole, but a 9 on the last hole gave me a +1 for the round. Oh well, looking forward to the reset on Tuesday.

[quote name='BrownThunder']Final rank 377th. Beat Maccabee by a single tour point....that will never happen again I'm sure haha[/QUOTE]

Ahh, you're getting better and I'm slumping. I won't be surprised if you take me again this week. I keep screwing up my scores with one or two terrible holes. Today it was two triple bogeys at Legacy to finish with a +4. Every other hole was birdie/par, but put two perfect impact drives into water. We should find a night where we can get together and play.

[quote name='maccabee72']Ahh, you're getting better and I'm slumping. I won't be surprised if you take me again this week. I keep screwing up my scores with one or two terrible holes. Today it was two triple bogeys at Legacy to finish with a +4. Every other hole was birdie/par, but put two perfect impact drives into water. We should find a night where we can get together and play.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, you'll get your points back today. I did awful on every hole. I may have landed in the bunker on every damn drive.

I'm game for a golf night or whatever, it'll have to be in a week or so since i'm about to go to New Orleans for vacation.

[quote name='SynGamer']-6 today. Bogey'd the last hole (par 5), completely forgot how fast that green is.[/QUOTE]

Nice job...dropped a -6 also today;)

My long nightmare is over, I finally beat Pandora!!!!!!111111111111111

Also hit a -3 in the tourney today.

Everything's coming up Milhouse.

+17 on Tuesday...I got to the last hole and was at +5 I believe. I tried hitting my second shot across the bridge and missed and after that I said "fuck it" and kept trying. +12 later the game forces me to stop. I hate that course.

On a more positive note, I shot a -3 yesterday, and then shot a -4 today. Today's course is Maple with rain and gale force winds :)

After slumping for a couple of weeks, I switched to gauge shot this week from circle. I'm doing much better. -6 today. Placed Tuesday and Wednesday:D

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...goes-asynchronous-new-courses-characters-kat/
If you haven’t played Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational in a while, now is the time! As some of you may already know, we recently released a feature update (patch 1.05). This long awaited update adds the following features:

Turn Based Challenge
Too busy to join a tournament online at a given time/date? Not to worry! By introducing this “Turn Based Challenge” mode, you can now challenge your friends in an asynchronous competition and play head to head, hole by hole.

Players can now also set up 20 different parallel games at any given time. To avoid cheating, there are no re-dos, similar to Daily Tourneys. Short messages (like SMS) are also now enabled, as well as competitive score history between friends.

Additional gameplay updates include:
  • Four-player stroke mode enabled in the multiplayer rooms.
  • A slot mode added to the online/adhoc, enabling a slot machine style handicap system applied per hole to keep the game interesting in case there is an imbalance between player skills.
  • We’ve also added a new visual lobby in the online space, and tweaked the game balance a little bit.

DLC Content

The classic Mt. Sakura returns from Hot Shots Golf Fore!, great for advanced and novice players alike. Those of you who have been with us over the years can reminisce, while those of you who are just joining us can experience some of our great courses from the past. Another course we are bringing back is Northern Fox. This too is a novice-friendly course, but don’t be fooled — there are some tricky course designs here and there. Both Mt. Sakura and Northern Fox have been revamped completely and look great in today’s resolution standards.

Last but not least, we’re also adding a brand new golf course named Mar Cielo. Surrounded by emerald green waters, this pretty beach resort style golf course is sure to keep the intermediate and advanced players challenged. Don’t get too relaxed on this beautiful golf resort, and watch for the landscapes and obstacles we’ve thrown in there.

We’re also adding new characters to the game: Erika, Gloria, and Kat from the PS Vita fan-favorite Gravity Rush. Kat is very much intrigued with her discovery of golf, and is gravitating to the sport with a great deal of curiosity.

These new courses and characters will be available next Tuesday when PlayStation Store updates. Each character will cost $0.99, with the courses going for $2.99 apiece. You’ll be able to grab the whole set for $11.99, and PlayStation Plus members will get 25% off that price, bringing it down to $8.99.

So once again, a big thanks to everyone for your patience. We’re happy to finally offer the extended features and DLC available on Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational. Happy golfing!

I just got back into playing recently. I like the new online modes and can't wait to get the new courses tomorrow. I've been enjoying the new turned based challenges. If anyone wants to go a round, just send an invite my way.

Back from the Dead.

Well I just picked this up again and have been playing some games. It's now available on the PS3 as well, but cost $20 and only DLC is cross buy. Looks like they added some Level 4 and 5 clubs and balls along with a new course, even though the post doesn't say much about the clubs or balls.  Here is the SONY blog . Also a new weekly tournament starts up tomorrow. 

Does anyone have any putting tips or found a good site with HSG information? 

Back from the Dead.

Well I just picked this up again and have been playing some games. It's now available on the PS3 as well, but cost $20 and only DLC is cross buy. Looks like they added some Level 4 and 5 clubs and balls along with a new course, even though the post doesn't say much about the clubs or balls. Here is the SONY blog . Also a new weekly tournament starts up tomorrow.

Does anyone have any putting tips or found a good site with HSG information?
Best putting tip is to really try to remember the slope/incline of the putt you just took and pay attention to how far off you were. The more you practice the easier it becomes. I finally got my hole in one/double eagle trophies using challenge 1-1. Only took 300 tries or so, wish I could've recorded all of them in to some montage of failure.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back